sharetrader
Page 221 of 1905 FirstFirst ... 1211712112172182192202212222232242252312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 19042

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    An extrtemely good point. Finding a home for money has been difficult enough for the last decade.
    To make money? ..or protect money----best I could come up with for the latter was Kiwi Bonds and pay off the mortgage if you are able.

Disc.-this is one of those weird situations where i hope Im wrong about having concerns.
    Last edited by skid; 25-06-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    To make money? ..or protect money----best I could come up with for the latter was Kiwi Bonds and pay off the mortgage if you are able.

Disc.-this is one of those weird situations where i hope Im wrong about having concerns.
    Earning and protecting. Earning money is essential to protect the capital from inflation. And yes - pay off mortgages, particularly any that are not tax effective. But really nothing much will happen here that many of us haven't lived through before. In less than a year, looking back, it will look like the Asian crisis or the GFC.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    Some short to medium term economic problems ahead for the UK I feel. The EU are going to be as spiteful as they can get away with IMO.
    The Brexit side claimed that the Remain side were scaremongering.
    However already the coveted AAA rating for the UK from S&P is gone http://fortune.com/2016/06/24/britai...r-brexit-vote/
    Several banks have already indicated jobs will go from London to Paris and Dublin. Unsurprising that Boris Johnson was booed in London.
    Unsettling of the peace accord in Ireland could spark destablisation and resumption of terrorism there.
    Another (more likely successful) push for Scottish independence as a result of this result could have additional economic consequences.
    Long term problems for the UK & what's the betting that the Brexiteers will blame anybody but themselves?

Banned

At least the Brits can always laugh at themselves:

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/06/24/...facebook-page/

Earning and protecting. Earning money is essential to protect the capital from inflation. And yes - pay off mortgages, particularly any that are not tax effective. But really nothing much will happen here that many of us haven't lived through before. In less than a year, looking back, it will look like the Asian crisis or the GFC.
    or 4.5 years, the average time it took for markets to recover after a major collapse over the last 100 years. 25 years being the longest (from October 1929 of course). Hmm what will I be doing in 25 years time...oh I know, i'll be dead.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 25-06-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    or 4.5 years, the average time it took for markets to recover after a major collapse over the last 100 years. 25 years being the longest (from October 1929 of course). Hmm what will I be doing in 25 years time...oh I know, i'll be dead.
    I'll join you in that one. Probably beat you to it.

Guru

I'll join you in that one. Probably beat you to it.
    you guys are going to be accused of being a ''glass half empty'' kind of person

Banned

If the US or China, I would be very scared....but it is only UK...leaving the union n business as usual as it will take 2 years to change the laws n rules....some people are just paranoid n taking the opportunities to scare the market so they can pick n buy a cheap stock....trust your research with the companies that u invested.....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    If the US or China, I would be very scared....but it is only UK...leaving the union n business as usual as it will take 2 years to change the laws n rules....some people are just paranoid n taking the opportunities to scare the market so they can pick n buy a cheap stock....trust your research with the companies that u invested.....
    Your neglecting the ''human'' factor--(will others also want to leave?)....lets hope it settles fast

We may need to research human psycology.
    Last edited by skid; 25-06-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    The Brexit side claimed that the Remain side were scaremongering.
    However already the coveted AAA rating for the UK from S&P is gone http://fortune.com/2016/06/24/britai...r-brexit-vote/
    Several banks have already indicated jobs will go from London to Paris and Dublin. Unsurprising that Boris Johnson was booed in London.
    Unsettling of the peace accord in Ireland could spark destablisation and resumption of terrorism there.
    Another (more likely successful) push for Scottish independence as a result of this result could have additional economic consequences.
    Long term problems for the UK & what's the betting that the Brexiteers will blame anybody but themselves?
    ....Unlikely Doomsday BS ..UK is the fifth largest economy in the world...and now with a much lower pound is going be great for exports and tourism .. the EU is going the way of the titanic >> the UK is getting its Sovereignty back .....The EU, which deliberately vests supreme power in the hands of unelected officials ...for the benefits of the Corporations ,Banks ...

I can't believe the scots would want to remain in the EU which has been a rolling disaster ,,,,,just look at GDP growth sub 1% since 95 yet debt ,money printing out of control ,,PIGS will default yet again >>>

Attachment 8122
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu