sharetrader
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Post #4098 Heartland thread.
    Haha yes that's right. A portfolio made up of HNZ, VIL, DPC & PGW, you'd think I was 80 years old or something!

Disc - don't own any of the aforementioned stocks but would heartily buy them up if I was a little (lot) more risk averse!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Haha yes that's right. A portfolio made up of HNZ, VIL, DPC & PGW, you'd think I was 80 years old or something!

Disc - don't own any of the aforementioned stocks but would heartily buy them up if I was a little (lot) more risk averse!
    What do you mean,you do not own any the fantastic Percy excitement stocks !!!!!
    The dividends drive me to new heights of blissful happiness too.!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 20-12-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ha ha .....I gave Percy the reputation instead of noodles as Percy requested.

You deserve a green tick Percy as well

Noodles now got a reputation as well

We all love each other tonight
    Thanks Winner and the others who gave me a star.

I welcome any comment on the content. There are a few assumptions that could be challenged.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Nice research Noodles, thanks for sharing your work here.

I am working up some research of my own here & I have started with BBC. One thing I have been wondering about is what effect the new liquor (drink driving) laws might have on the bars? My uninformed opinion is that this might push punters towards the suburbs and away from "town" (in some instances) - but also that consumption will go down.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by KiwiGekko; 23-12-2014 at 03:31 PM.

You mean the drink driving laws? I guess the law would be a negative for the bars. I had not considered this previously.

In my opinion there are multiple risks with this investment. Add this to the list.

From a valuation perspective, you need to ask yourself if you are being compensated for these risks.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    You mean the drink driving laws? I guess the law would be a negative for the bars. I had not considered this previously.

In my opinion there are multiple risks with this investment. Add this to the list.

From a valuation perspective, you need to ask yourself if you are being compensated for these risks.
    They not gay bars are they? I understand they steadily closing down as internet takes over

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGekko View Post
    Nice research Noodles, thanks for sharing your work here.

I am working up some research of my own here & I have started with BBC. One thing I have been wondering about is what effect the new liquor (drink driving) laws might have on the bars? My uninformed opinion is that this might push punters towards the suburbs and away from "town" (in some instances) - but also that consumption will go down.

Thoughts?
    Excellent point. Given the change is quite significant you'd have to figure it will have a material effect on people's spend at bars, clubs and restaurants especially when you take into account the fact that a fairly significant percentage of people already arrive pre-loaded with a couple / few under their belt. I've just been busy helping my nephew who has been determined to buy a restaurant in Auckland. He paid far too much for a small establishment that was losing money, (against my advice). Signed up the agreement without me seeing it, (against my advice), signed without a due diligence clause, (again, you guessed it, against my advice). Just back from London working at michelin star restraint this and leading establishment that for the last four years. Early 30's absolutely full of confidence and can't be told a thing....just the sort of client I really need lol. I doubt this change in alcohol limit even entered his mind and he's in the business, or will shortly be.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2014 at 04:05 PM.

percy

I have been told the best way to make good money is to open either a bar or restaurant.
    I have also been told the easiest way to lose a lot of money is to open a bar or restaurant.
    May I wish your nephew well.
    May pay to get your fees up front Roger.!!!!!!

Banned

Not all of us that age can't be told anything Rog. I'm sure you could give me some top tips I'd act on! Sounds like the nephew would have been better buying up VIL large and getting a stable chefing job for income and VIL divies/capital growth as top ups to it!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have been told the best way to make good money is to open either a bar or restaurant.
    I have also been told the easiest way to lose a lot of money is to open a bar or restaurant.
    May I wish your nephew well.
    May pay to get your fees up front Roger.!!!!!!
    Ha, what fees, its uncle can you help me with this and that and the other and then ignores all the advice I gave him, go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Not all of us that age can't be told anything Rog. I'm sure you could give me some top tips I'd act on! Sounds like the nephew would have been better buying up VIL large and getting a stable chefing job for income and VIL divies/capital growth as top ups to it!
    He probably would mate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2014 at 05:47 PM.