sharetrader
Page 275 of 311 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3102

A win for transparency and accountability - sooner that the new government repeals all race based policies, the better.

In this case, 4 Maori children's best interest & safety are secondary to their 'cultural' needs - according to Oranga Tamiriki.

Labour's 'Maori is best for Maori' race based policy in action - children uprooted from loving and caring foster parents to be 'cared' for by extended whanau of parents who violently abused them, just because the foster parents are not Maoris.

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2024/04/a..._newsroom.html

https://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/asset...4-NZCA-101.pdf

Newsroom has won in the Court of Appeal over whether it can make available its video exposing the then practice of reverse uplifts because the foster parents were the wrong ethnicity.

A key quote:

The story was unquestionably one of significant public interest, as evidenced by the impact it had on the Minister and the suspension of the practice of reverse uplifts. It is reasonable to assume that the suspension of Oranga Tamariki’s practice would not have happened — or at least would not have happened so quickly — had it not been for the powerful impact of the video. It was powerful precisely because it depicted the real life effects of the reverse uplift policy and the associated raw emotion. Clearly too, the foster parents’ concerns about the way they were treated by Oranga Tamariki were valid and worthy of ventilation. The right of freedom of expression must encompass not only the rights of the media but also the rights of the foster parents to tell their story and the right of the public to hear it.

This is a win for media, but also for the foster parents.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-04-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A win for transparency and accountability - sooner that the new government repeals all race based policies, the better.

In this case, 4 Maori children's best interest & safety are secondary to their 'cultural' needs - according to Oranga Tamiriki.

Labour's 'Maori is best for Maori' race based policy in action - children uprooted from loving and caring foster parents to be 'cared' for by extended whanau of parents who violently abused them, just because the foster parents are not Maoris.

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2024/04/a..._newsroom.html

https://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/asset...4-NZCA-101.pdf

Newsroom has won in the Court of Appeal over whether it can make available its video exposing the then practice of reverse uplifts because the foster parents were the wrong ethnicity.

A key quote:

The story was unquestionably one of significant public interest, as evidenced by the impact it had on the Minister and the suspension of the practice of reverse uplifts. It is reasonable to assume that the suspension of Oranga Tamariki’s practice would not have happened — or at least would not have happened so quickly — had it not been for the powerful impact of the video. It was powerful precisely because it depicted the real life effects of the reverse uplift policy and the associated raw emotion. Clearly too, the foster parents’ concerns about the way they were treated by Oranga Tamariki were valid and worthy of ventilation. The right of freedom of expression must encompass not only the rights of the media but also the rights of the foster parents to tell their story and the right of the public to hear it.

This is a win for media, but also for the foster parents.
    Just shocking that this was ever allowed to happen. Literally a racist policy.

Guru

Looks like Melissa Lee has been sh1tcanned!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Looks like Melissa Lee has been sh1tcanned!
    As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!

Luxon : "This is how I roll, this is how I lead"and “I’m just a person who will adapt very quickly and dynamically”

Jeez he talks a load of sh1t
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Luxon : "This is how I roll, this is how I lead"and “I’m just a person who will adapt very quickly and dynamically”

He's a powerpoint presentation in a suit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Yeah, Luxon does talk some sh1te.

Guru

As she should be. A great opportunity to put the sword to the MSM and she stuffed it up!
    No, the problem is that Luxon is likely to pander to the MSM. Sorry, don't agree here. Sure Melissa should have done more and be more outspoken about how useless the MSM is, but now you watch, Luxon the idiot is going to try and keep them alive.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No, the problem is that Luxon is likely to pander to the MSM. Sorry, don't agree here. Sure Melissa should have done more and be more outspoken about how useless the MSM is, but now you watch, Luxon the idiot is going to try and keep them alive.
    Yes this is my feeling too.

As I have said before - I really don’t rate Luxon.

Super grateful we have had a change of govt, but I don’t think Luxon is going to go down as one of our greatest PM’s in history.

As soon as I saw him saying Seymour and Jones’ comments about the Waitangi tribunal being ‘ill conceived’ it cemented my view that he is not too different to John key in that he plays it safe depending on which way the wind is blowing.

We are still infinitely better off compared to if labour was still in, but Luxon needs to be watched. Hopefully ACT and NZF can keep him (mostly) on the straight and narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes this is my feeling too.

As I have said before - I really don’t rate Luxon.

Super grateful we have had a change of govt, but I don’t think Luxon is going to go down as one of our greatest PM’s in history.

As soon as I saw him saying Seymour and Jones’ comments about the Waitangi tribunal being ‘ill conceived’ it cemented my view that he is not too different to John key in that he plays it safe depending on which way the wind is blowing.

We are still infinitely better off compared to if labour was still in, but Luxon needs to be watched. Hopefully ACT and NZF can keep him (mostly) on the straight and narrow.
    What I posted a few days ago :

I am very very glad that NZers elected NZF & ACT to stiffen National’s spine to tackle the woke divisive & destructive policies of the left. Luxon lacks a spine and is trying to be a pleasant PM - the time for that is long over after 6 years of Ardern, Hipkins and the Maori cabal.

Give him hell, Seymour & Peters. Fxxk woke and fxxk race politics.
    NZers knew what they were doing when they voted in ACT & NZF - National has not learnt from its 6 years in the wilderness that NZers want change -real change.