sharetrader
Page 610 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1105105606006066076086096106116126136146206607101110 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 16077

im happy shearer hasnt put his hand up.....
    he is a good man and can reason and talk without political "showmanship" or "over talking / pontificating"
    im sure he has been held back till the labour party infighting has finished.........
    might take 3 years.
    as a center to right wing person(myself), I would be happy to listen to shearer as I find him as a good person.
    I see him as the man to recharge the labour party........ in a non "loudmouth" fashion..... ie.....
    good, intelligent politics with a sense of being able to communicate to people of all persuasions

Until the olde school of labour entrenchment is cleaned out........ labour has no chance
    I think the handlers of shearer know this and a biding their time.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Absolutely spot on neopolell. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Sounds like Vaygor1 had better fill his car up with gas.
    Ha Ha. I was having enough trouble finding a petrol tank big enough to drive around Cunliffe's ego…. now I need a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Nicky Hager's house gets turned over while he's away, and that's no coincidence. The smiling assassin strikes again. More in store?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11339338
    So Hager doesn't like it if others access his private emails without consent. What a complete hypocrite.
    At least through a court system he gets a right of reply. Something he never afforded those he wrote about before publishing his cherry-picked selection of stolen correspondence.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    So Hager doesn't like it if others access his private emails without consent. What a complete hypocrite.
    At least through a court system he gets a right of reply. Something he never afforded those he wrote about before publishing his cherry-picked selection of stolen correspondence.
    Hager appears to have been relatively polite with the data, leaving out unimportant names that cropped up. In any case, he is an investigative journalist, he has a right to protect his sources. Just because the topic of the book happened to be about National Party backroom dealings, doesn't make the book illegal. Certainly Nicky Hager didn't hack the data, he was allowed access to it by the hacker for a period.

The point some rabid National backers refuse to admit, is that with several people high up in the beehive doing this sort of thing, how likely is it that John Key and Bill English knew all about it?

ANZ staff going on strike: management have been reporting record profits (they are the major rural lenders) but they'd still like to trim back on staff costs anyway.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/anz-...tracts-6102875

Advanced Member

It is a criminal act to steal other peoples property. It is a criminal act to receive, use or gain benefit from stolen property. The fact that the stolen property was used against the National Party does not make it legal. Being an "investigative journalist" a self-applied title does not reduce his liability. It is law that the privacy regulations do not exist in criminal investigations - a fact that is regularly repeated in courts when lawyers whine about police breaching their clients right to privacy. If you want excuses for Labours failure to impress the public, then you are on barren ground in this area, elZorro

The Wolf of Sharetrader

So I see Andrew Little will probably steal Cunliffes union support. The caucus don't support cunliffe and the public obviously don't so that's him toast. So now it looks like runoff between the gay man and the union boss. Interestingly Little wants to scrap CGT and the raising of the retirement age. I suspect that might swing a few lefter leaning centrists back to Labour.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    So I see Andrew Little will probably steal Cunliffes union support. The caucus don't support cunliffe and the public obviously don't so that's him toast. So now it looks like runoff between the gay man and the union boss. Interestingly Little wants to scrap CGT and the raising of the retirement age. I suspect that might swing a few lefter leaning centrists back to Labour.
    I'm sure Little will win out of the current three contenders. If he could learn to smile he might even get a bit of support from the public, but it's not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    It is a criminal act to steal other peoples property. It is a criminal act to receive, use or gain benefit from stolen property. The fact that the stolen property was used against the National Party does not make it legal. Being an "investigative journalist" a self-applied title does not reduce his liability. It is law that the privacy regulations do not exist in criminal investigations - a fact that is regularly repeated in courts when lawyers whine about police breaching their clients right to privacy. If you want excuses for Labours failure to impress the public, then you are on barren ground in this area, elZorro
    Craic
    You seem rather selective in your outrage. I note a rather deafening silence with respect of the National Party hacking into the Labour Party system 3 years ago, let alone the antics of Judith Collins/ Cameron Slater. If your criticism also extends across party affiliation/ inclination you might have a point, but the continued narrative that everything National does is fantastic and wonderful is getting a bit boring.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 10-10-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Advanced Member

Hardly I was simply replying to your alter-ego elZorro who is is the most selective poster around. If you really want to see Labour at it's best read the on line story in the HB Herald Tribune about our local Labour hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Craic
    You seem rather selective in your outrage. I note a rather deafening silence with respect of the National Party hacking into the Labour Party system 3 years ago, let alone the antics of Judith Collins/ Cameron Slater. If your criticism also extends across party affiliation/ inclination you might have a point, but the continued narrative that everything National does is fantastic and wonderful is getting a bit boring.