sharetrader
Page 63 of 160 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

PEquity had a fundamental flaw in their proforma numbers, they needed to increase volume in order to meet proforma revenue, you can't just increase the supply of a "commodity" product and get the same price also how do you think Ingham would respond to all of these projections! This mixed with a lower-than-usual cost in producing their "commodity" products encourages more volume.
    Did PEquity purposefully draw attention away from this in their forecasts? Idk
    Interesting to see the CEO increasing their stake/holding up the share price

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Now trading at an all time low of $1.26 and probably headed lower...investors were sold a pup. Free lesson, (for those watching from the sidelines like me) and expensive lesson for anyone who subscribed to the IPO and is still holding, if Private equity are selling DO NOT BUY. Go swimming with sharks and guess what, you're more than likely to be their lunch !
    I learnt a tough lesson with this one Roger, but glad I'm out of it now. My $1.40 sell isn't looking too bad at this stage!

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    Got out on close today.

This was meant to be a slow and boring stock in my long term portfolio, but too big of a fall on large volume for me not to do something. No news to back up the decline = follow the money (exiting the stock in this case).

Will watch from the sidelines now.
    Exited at $1.55 five months ago and still watching from the sidelines.

Looking back now it seems the smart money did know something before the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I learnt a tough lesson with this one Roger, but glad I'm out of it now. My $1.40 sell isn't looking too bad at this stage!
    Is it too early to say that there were some signs from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Not too early mate, you nailed it with your comments. I have a big client with industry connections that told me to stay out so I did as I was told as he's a smart guy.
    Private equity have seriously "plucked" investors and they're now in the process of getting thoroughly roasted in the oven of commercial reality.
    Maybe $1.00 by Christmas.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Not really but it's the first IPO I've invested into so I feel like you need to be burnt once (or sometimes twice) before you learn a good lesson so I'll take it on the chin.

I also think Tegel said a lot of things which were full of crock. Going by the initial documents and forcasts it seemed like a good investment to me anyway (and Percy I might add!). Most analysts rated it as an outperform or buy at IPO time.

Anyway good lesson learned and I'm much happier in growth companies like HBL and THL with good leadership teams.

Default Commerce Commission warns Tegal and Inghams

Creative marketing Hmmmmm....I think I know a certain private equity firm that are pretty good at that too.
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/2...cken-sizeshtml
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Jeez !!!.The added labour and costs of marinading and stuffing a chicken makes the slightly different weight of the chicken irrelevant to this consumer and way more tastier to boot .

Now Injecting bacon with water and colouring would be a more reasonable thing to object about but no its quite acceptable it seems.ComCom justifying their fat salaries ehh ,don't think so.

Part of the normal curing process I am told JT. Have you tried expensive dry cured bacon....superb !
    You make a good point about chicken being tastier with the stuffing...probably why the comcom only gave them a public censure rather than a prosecution.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-03-2017 at 01:15 PM.

An FYI....

The NZ poultry industry uses 'spin chillers' (quite unique compared to other countries) to chill down the carcases after slaughter - basically a big ice bath. It's known that the meat will absorb 10-15% in water weight from this process.

Ever notice chicken 'sweats', particularly after you defrost it?