sharetrader

Thread: New Forum Rules

Hybrid View

The approachable Admin Guy

Default Yes really!...

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    This right here is EXACTLY what I don't want to see. Rule #1 - don't overreact to harmless posts. A ban should be for serious offences only.

I lean heavily towards winner's comments on minor moderation for only the most serious of things, letting posters handle things themselves. There is great risk in banning people, especially more active members.

I also agree with pierre in that a draft list probably needs to be proposed first before big progress will be made, but perhaps this thread will serve to help generate the initial draft.
    Yes really! What you haven't seen is the hatred spread through emails to other members encouraging them to influence others and make stupid posts all generated by a small group who think they rule the forum.

It's only a small group which are ruining it for others and quite honestly I may even post these emails so you can see who they are and what has been said, - think you'll change you opinion fast after that!

BTW - you're spot-on with your last paragraph.

Vince

Really that's quite interesting re the behind the scenes stuff you mention. Some people obviously have too much time on their hands.
    Hard to moderate when you have that going on to contend with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Yes really! What you haven't seen is the hatred spread through emails to other members encouraging them to influence others and make stupid posts all generated by a small group who think they rule the forum.

It's only a small group which are ruining it for others and quite honestly I may even post these emails so you can see who they are and what has been said, - think you'll change you opinion fast after that!

BTW - you're spot-on with your last paragraph.

Vince
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.