sharetrader

Hybrid View

I'm personally a realestate agent, my take on the article and what's actually happening in the market place is a lot different than the media reports. First in response to the article quite simply you may see a small surge back up with prices as the buyers are now once again outweighing the sellers. I'm in hamilton and we are consistently having multiple offers on properties and auctions are still being brought forward. The houses sold at auction day has decreased but the number sold hasn't ( many selling only a few days after auction.) in our office meetings we are seeing a large number of buyers unable to find options. I'm busier than most agents (number two in the city for my brand) so there will be many saying it's slow and hard but these agents are new and haven't been in this type of market before. Some sellers are waiting to sell until after elections as there is always a slow down market wise historically which then takes off again from January.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Topagent View Post
    ...I'm in hamilton and we are consistently having multiple offers on properties and auctions are still being brought forward. The houses sold at auction day has decreased but the number sold hasn't ( many selling only a few days after auction.) in our office meetings we are seeing a large number of buyers unable to find options.
    Mayby Hamilton is at the position Auckland was a couple of years ago. I increasingly hear of Aucklanders, moving up to 150 km North and South just to buy a home without huge mortgages and clogged up neighbourhoods. Previous Auckland booms have seen a subsequent booom (although not to the same extent) elsewhere.