sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I am thinking of pulling my investment in Lending Crowd. It is just too hard to secure a loan. I don't have time to refresh repeatedly in case one appears. I receive the email notification too late in most cases. Is anyone else in the same boat or am I just doing it wrong? I am averaging around 12.5% return according to my dashboard but it doesn't seem worth it for the hassle for less than $10k invested.

Edit: Or do I scale up?
    I had $120k invested and had the same problem. Stopped investing in March as the time needed to monitor the new loans far exceeded the return. I needed to sit at the computer all day to catch them as they landed and even then missed a lot. There can be no doubt that people are using programs/crawlers to automatically invest in the loans as they land but Lending Crowd either can't or won't stop this behaviour and are uninterested in developing their own autolend app. I would love some of the investors here who are still investing successfully to divulge their apps or methods but I doubt that they will be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I had $120k invested and had the same problem. Stopped investing in March as the time needed to monitor the new loans far exceeded the return. I needed to sit at the computer all day to catch them as they landed and even then missed a lot. There can be no doubt that people are using programs/crawlers to automatically invest in the loans as they land but Lending Crowd either can't or won't stop this behaviour and are uninterested in developing their own autolend app. I would love some of the investors here who are still investing successfully to divulge their apps or methods but I doubt that they will be forthcoming.
    I manage to stay 100% invested.

It's just a case of being near a Computer or Phone and being alerted to an incoming Email.

I use Gmail Email Filters to NOT be alerted about the LC Loan Emails that I do not want.....

Good if you are retired...... If you are working away from Technology - Not a chance unless there is that very rare 50K_ loan that stays around for hours....

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I agree that by the time you get the email, the loan has gone. I work on my computer all day long, and have multiple screens so I have the Lending Crowd new loan page on auto-refresh every 30 seconds and so am quickly able to see new loans. But even then, the small B2s (say, under $5,000) get fully subscribed very quickly and basically I have to skim-read the loan details and invest (or not) within 30 seconds, otherwise it is too late. Obviously the bigger loans (> $20k) take longer to fill so you have more time but I find that even with those ones, the email sometimes arrives too late.

To summarise: I don't rely on the email alert.