sharetrader

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    First - repay your mortgage. You can always raise another in an emergency, or to invest. If you repay then raise a new mortgage for investment, interest is tax deductible. (A tax effective mortgage) You will be taking no risk and not increasing your taxablre income, which you will do soon enough when you start investing.
    I have to agree with FP and the other posts all good info...I guess what would help is how big your leverage in mortgage debt is i.e is it 90% debt or like ours 45% and of course your appetite for "risk" and experience in the likes of the share-market......

Personal me and my partner 5 yrs older than yourself bring in a good 140k p.a household income with a baby on the way so it's good to have 70k in silver bullion in saving's when the misses goes on maternity leave as well as low-nil credit debts and some spare cash..
    With 55% equity in our 1.1m house I have had a 100k loan to invest into the market through a company along with my own capital funds.(we use are personal income to pay the interest only loans company & home) ..goal is to grow the companies capital funds 100% p.a (which I have done 2 of the last 5yrs)

The goal is of course to pay down the mortgage debt faster from the profits from the share trading company... most likely going to try and pay down a large amount of household debt by also increase the company debt which can be writing off against my company tax..

-Now this is a higher risk set-up..during the GFC the companies values decreased but still had to keep paying the interest and costs
    -I had many years experience in the market as well as spec building etc before the above set-up...
    -Too get to 100% p.a I do invest in the small Micro-jnr cap shares which are also higher risk
    Last edited by JBmurc; 17-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu