sharetrader
    Advanced Member

So now we have a new Labour party leader? All Andrew Little has to do is take some lessons in how to move his lips in time with this new leader voice and interpretation of reality. God help those unfortunates who have to lip read.
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Andrew Little has appointed a new and capable Press Secretary and Chief of Staff.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA160...pointments.htm

Yep, he can abdicate completely on the job now. And when he needs a scapegoat or two - hey Presto! They're there.

Dilettante

Interesting to see 62% of voters in the UK Labour leadership elections vote to keep the Conservatives in Government for the foreseeable future !!

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting to see 62% of voters in the UK Labour leadership elections vote to keep the Conservatives in Government for the foreseeable future !!
    That was 62% of Labour membership, of course, not 62% of Labour voters - however many of those there might be!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    That was 62% of Labour membership, of course, not 62% of Labour voters - however many of those there might be!
    You are assuming all members voted. As I said, it was 62% of those that voted in the Labour leadership election !!
    On a different note, a school friend of my wife's is a UK Labour MP. On a recent visit to the UK, she told us about some of the intimidation and threats many Labour MPs that do not support Corbin, have been subjected to, even at their homes. It is quite shocking to hear and shows bullying tactics way beyond what I ever imagined. It is a failed party under his leadership

You are assuming all members voted. As I said, it was 62% of those that voted in the Labour leadership election !!
    On a different note, a school friend of my wife's is a UK Labour MP. On a recent visit to the UK, she told us about some of the intimidation and threats many Labour MPs that do not support Corbin, have been subjected to, even at their homes. It is quite shocking to hear and shows bullying tactics way beyond what I ever imagined. It is a failed party under his leadership
    So the problem you have with democracy is???

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    So the problem you have with democracy is???
    Sorry. Don't understand where that question came from. I have no problem with democracy. What made you think that ???????

Legend

And always will be. He may well have a degree of support from the party, but to the wider public it drops to near zero.

However that's what the MPI is there to police, but they do absolutely squat.
    Same goes with swamp Kauri extraction.
    We had the fruit fly infestations.
    The MPI seem to either be asleep at the wheel or in the pockets of big business.
    The activity in the fishing industry is a disgrace and has been for years.
    Best practice my a'se!

Sadly there are cowboys and unsuitable people in all industries, be it fishing, farming,mining, banking. You name it. A vast majority of NZ commercial catches is taken by deepsea trawlers that process all their catch onboard and use all offal for fish meal and fish oil production. Without a doubt in the top 5 best managed fisheries in the World
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    The activity in the fishing industry is a disgrace and has been for years.
    Best practice my a'se!
    DAYTR, for a confessed banker who was busy ripping off the World before the GFC, I find your holy-er than thou attitude with everything interesting. Your whole industry fell apart and most of you disappeared. Some into Northland. I will continue to defend my industry (fishing) against ill informed know it all people from the part of society you come from that say one thing and do another and have never done anything productive for NZ
    Last edited by iceman; 26-09-2016 at 10:32 AM.