PDA

View Full Version : Orion Poll

noodles
05-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Will you participate in the upcoming Orion Healthcare IPO?

Xerof
05-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Personally No, but there will be plenty who will IMO

Okebw
05-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Personally No, but there will be plenty who will IMO

I've always been curious how representative a cross section the members of this forum are relative to NZ's investing population. I guess the results of this poll and the Orion uptake will provide some insight.

But personally, not a hope in hell. Might pick some up on market once the price gets beaten down to a more palatable level.

Beagle
05-11-2014, 10:31 AM
No forecast = No chance of me even considering this investment. I wouldn't even waste my time reading the IPO documentation. The question must be asked, if there's so much uncertainty about the timing of big projects, just make the forecast really conservative and then beat it...you know, like they used to do with companies in more sensible and rational times... The company used to be profitable and now isn't, surely people can join the dots...
On Breakfast T.V on T.V1 there was a promotion where the SPCA are giving away pups...you don't even have to pay for them, there's a thought lol

Baaarney
05-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Not as part of the IPO.
Maybe later once the 'lock-up' period has ended (3 months isn't that long to wait)

Clarus
05-11-2014, 12:28 PM
I've always been curious how representative a cross section the members of this forum are relative to NZ's investing population. I guess the results of this poll and the Orion uptake will provide some insight.

But personally, not a hope in hell. Might pick some up on market once the price gets beaten down to a more palatable level.

I've just gone through and read the entire thread on Orion Health. Not too arduous a task. I've not followed this company but it looks like there are concerns over the management, potential price of the offer, recent drop in earnings and lack of forecast.

It would indicate that the consensus is a no-buy.

BFG
05-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Even a risky adventurer like me says

NO WAY JOSE!!!

Toulouse - Luzern
05-11-2014, 01:36 PM
For me the lack of forecast alone is enough to exclude ...

As an example of this I attended the Summerset AGM and decided not to invest in SUM on that factor alone

RGR367
05-11-2014, 02:36 PM
For me the lack of forecast alone is enough to exclude ...

As an example of this I attended the Summerset AGM and decided not to invest in SUM on that factor alone

Unless you're a proxy of someone and/or invited especially for the AGM, how can you be there and not a subscriber already?

RRR
05-11-2014, 08:33 PM
I voted yes! I know that it is expensive but...They are very good in what they do. Orion could still be a small part of your portfolio!

Hawkeye
05-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Unless you're a proxy of someone and/or invited especially for the AGM, how can you be there and not a subscriber already?

They hardly ID you at the things, I have considered going to a couple I don't hold, to hear what is been said and read the body language of those delivering what is been said and those who are hearing it.

An AGM time table can be found on the nzx page
https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX

ta Hawkeye

gbogo
06-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Ian is taking some money off the table and then betting the balance on the Cloud. i believe this is the reason they moved from profitability to loss - they are investing heavily in migrating their business to a cloud model. Currently, only 1/3 of their revenue is recurring. they will want to shift that much higher. There will be some bumps along the way, but if they execute right, it's a big market and they will have a deployment and cost advantage. I gather that interest has been strong and I am personally putting some away. Look at VGL and ERD - there has been very little chatter on here about them - but they are quietly moving up with the big volume being done off-market which suggests institutions who couldn't get enough in the IPO, topping up after the fact. we may see a repeat here.