PDA

View Full Version : ST MEET PALMY NORTH - December 1st @ 5:30pm

BFG
30-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Hey guys,

Extremely short notice but myself, Snapiti and NBT will be meeting up @ Nosh/Cuba Bar @ 5.30pm tomorrow (Monday) for a drink and meet. If you're in the area we would love it if you stopped by and joined us (even MAC!).

No need to RSVP, just show up and look for the 3 guys that wouldn't usually hang out any other time in life and are talking about stocks, crayfish and weird Canadian stuff ;)

Cheers,

BFG

nextbigthing
30-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Isn't the bar called Cuba. One seven five is the place that's always closed/has no one in it.

BFG
30-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Isn't the bar called Cuba. One seven five is the place that's always closed/has no one in it.

Haha good point. I always get bar name wrong (shows how much of a bar bunny I am...)

Amended!

nextbigthing
30-11-2014, 10:23 PM
By the way it's BFG's shout as he finally made his first $200 on the share market. Admittedly it was just by receiving a dividend from MFT but hey it's still better than losing thousands like he was doing.

BFG
01-12-2014, 08:25 AM
By the way it's BFG's shout as he finally made his first $200 on the share market. Admittedly it was just by receiving a dividend from MFT but hey it's still better than losing thousands like he was doing.

I can confirm I have never received a dividend in my life. "I did not have relations with that MFT!"

do I have to have a shave...... what is the dress code... can I wear my gumboots and swandri(it has been washed since my last hunt I think)

Mate, it's Palmy. If you're not naked, can speak semi coherently and don't have a green bucket on your head you're a preferred client.

robbo24
01-12-2014, 08:32 AM
what is the dress code...

Here is your dress code:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BFG
01-12-2014, 08:39 AM

opp's I forgot it was a student town.... you and NBT will blend in well given your age... how will I know which is you in a bar full of students.... will you be wearing your antlers.

Haha students don't go to this bar, and it's a Monday anyways!

BFG
01-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Be careful on how many cups of coffee you boys have before driving home.

I've heard on the news that the cops will be policing the new lower blood/caffeine levels in full force. :D
Already had 3 cups today. Better slooooowwwwww doooowwwwwnnnnn!

blackcap
01-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Would have loved to come BFG, but the time frame does not permit unfortunately. Next time and a little more warning and you have another participant :)

BFG
01-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Would have loved to come BFG, but the time frame does not permit unfortunately. Next time and a little more warning and you have another participant :)

Yeah sorry about that, it was put together last moment really.

Was hoping RR or others in the area would take the bait! Am heading out soon so we shall try and stay as long as possible to see if anyone else shows up after work (although we all know no one REALLY works here...) :)

Beagle
01-12-2014, 04:27 PM

Ditto...the crew need more notice to prep my private jet :D Have fun.

BFG
01-12-2014, 05:41 PM
If anyone else shows up we're the two young guys at the bar

Okebw
01-12-2014, 06:34 PM
If anyone else shows up we're the two young guys at the bar

Otherwise occupied tonight, a little more notice next time and I'll swing by

BFG
01-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Haha all good Yankiwi I got home alright and we all only pretty much had one beer over 4 hours!

Plenty to talk about and many, many stocks, psychological points and strategies mentioned. Expect some new talking points over the next few days and new posts on some threads from us!

Cheers seeing you again NBT and great to finally meet Snapiti and RoadRunner. Thanks guys! Great night!

couta1
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
That bit about new posts on some threads from us has a rather ominous sound about it (Peb holders batton down the hatches)

BFG
01-12-2014, 09:56 PM
That bit about new posts on some threads from us has a rather ominous sound about it (Peb holders batton down the hatches)

PEB was mentioned and we most certainly weren't charging at pictures of MAC and Hank like rabid bull mooses with rabies! I for one am staying away from PEB so don't worry about me Couta ;)

Probably the most talked about was DIL. Also talked about AIR, ATM, XRO, LNG, BRL, TRY, OGC, NZ real estate, oil and commodities, swimmin, crayfishin and how to most effectively import maple syrup illegally into NZ (whoops did I say that aloud?!)

cyclist
02-12-2014, 09:17 AM
PN is my closest ST meeting place. If you plan another, I'd be keen to pop down and meet you all, subject to a little more than 24 hours notice next time :p

cyclist
02-12-2014, 10:55 AM
perhaps if someone could have a sticky thread put up for a date in late JAN early Feb so we could get together to review the prospects of the year ahead and reflect on the highs and lows of the previous year.
I can confirm there was a fair bit of laughter among the investment talk.

I'd put a plug in for early Feb if possible.

BFG
02-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Yupyup, we shall tee up a time early next year with say 2-3 weeks warning and some flexibility.

nextbigthing
02-12-2014, 01:10 PM
It was a very good catchup with some good laughs and good ideas. Thanks guys.

Snapiti, next time I shall bring a contract regarding the conditions of carriage on my 80m Launch. There's really only one condition, but it is VERY important

nextbigthing
02-12-2014, 01:32 PM
This might work. My team would have to vet for suitability of course.

Roadrunner
02-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys for an enjoyable evening and good to meet you all.The time flew by and it was good to learn some more about other companies and investment strategies but also to have a good laugh too.I`d be keen for the next catch up and would recommend it to anyone else who could make it :)