PDA

View Full Version : PYL - Phytotech Medical (Medical Cannabis)

Joshuatree
03-12-2014, 07:24 PM
The Phytotech Medical IPO aims to raise $5,000,000 for the issue of 25,000,000 shares at $0.20 per share.

Indicative Timetable:
Opening Date – 28th November
Closing Date – 12th December
Dispatch of holdings statements – 17th December
Expected date for quotation on the ASX – 22nd December

Capital Structure:
Shares currently on issue – 15,000,000
Shares to be issued - 25,000,000
Total Shares on Issue - 40,000,000
Mkt cap post raise $8 mill

Am i right that marijuana grown wild next to therapeutic kawakawa trees is medicinal only and doesn't give one a"high"?

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/r-canadian-cannabis-producers-set-their-sights-high-2014-13 (http://www.businessinsider.com.au/r-canadian-cannabis-producers-set-their-sights-high-2014-13)

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/m...bis-and-is-gearing-up-for-asx-listing-2014-12 (http://www.businessinsider.com.au/marijuana-company-ceo-wants-to-be-the-george-clooney-of-medical-cannabis-and-is-gearing-up-for-asx-listing-2014-12)
Cash - $4.8mnhttp://finance.yahoo.com/news/medical-marijuana-now-legal-half-123000637.html
EV - $3.2mnhttp://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...decade--minyanville-s-harrison-162358070.html (http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/marijuana-will-be-the-single-best-investment-thesis-of-the-next-decade--minyanville-s-harrison-162358070.html)

Joshuatree
30-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Im reading they raised the full $5 mill being way oversubscribed and scaled back. Delay in listing , now hoped for 2nd week of 2015. Keeping a watch on this.

pietrade
02-01-2015, 09:17 AM
It sure is about time the 'authorities' awoke to the extensive therapeutic values of cannabis. For anyone interested, have a look at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTrkS4L9JQ#t=37

and the large number of other related articles on the RH side bar.

Joshuatree
02-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Thanks for those links. Lots of uses for medicinal marijuana. I know of a person who broke their back.When horizontal in bed at night they have spasms all night and hardly sleep.Marijuana eliminates this completely.Nothing else has worked.Needs must.

Joshuatree
22-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Looking more and more int ; was even on national radio NZ news.
and

""Although listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, PhytoTech will use marijuana grown in California and Uruguay to develop medical products in Israel. These will then be sold in Israel, Europe, the US and Canada. If medical use of marijuana is legalised in Australia, the company aims to be a major player here as well."

silu
22-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Ooops didn't see that there was already a thread. I am very keen to invest in this industry. As a long time sufferer of pain I know what helps and what doesn't. Of course I've only ever tried it once and didn't inhale.

Joshuatree
22-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Hi silu yep def need for medical marijuana and doesn't matter if you did inhale with this stuff apparently:)
Listing 2pm aus time.

TICKER PYL thanks silu

silu
22-01-2015, 04:29 PM
That share price is just too damn high! ;)

Wolf
22-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Congrats to those who got an allocation :t_up:

silu
22-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Congrats to those who got an allocation :t_up:

Were NZ'ers eligible?

Wolf
22-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Were NZ'ers eligible?
No clue thought you guy's might be in on it, anyone holding?
I'm going to wait until the hype dies down this is nuts.

BFG
22-01-2015, 06:50 PM
No clue thought you guy's might be in on it, anyone holding?
I'm going to wait until the hype dies down this is nuts.

Tightly held shares, only 36M float, oversubscribed IPO, original mCap just worth IPO cash raised and big hype? This thing could go higher! ~30% float traded says algo, HFT and big boys are all over this as a momentum trade. Good luck if you want to play, could easily find all your money going up in smoke! :D

samoooli
23-01-2015, 12:10 PM
This thing is more like medicinal crack! Look at it go!

silu
23-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Pretty pissed off that I didn't have funds cleared until today. Was thinking of buying some sub 50c yesterday.

Wolf
23-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Up over 300% on ipo price...
Never seen anything like this :scared:

baller18
23-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Up over 300% on ipo price...
Never seen anything like this :scared:
GEO went to 4 bux...

BFG
23-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Read an article about PYL today. Apparently BBY traders bought up large into this, so not surprised to see algos and HFT swarming over it like flys to ****. Emails have been shown as well saying "stock of 2015!" Etc etc. Combine the fact that performance rights vest 5 days after IPO if the price is over 40 cents and you have quite a large pump and dump going on righy now!

baller18
23-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Read an article about PYL today. Apparently BBY traders bought up large into this, so not surprised to see algos and HFT swarming over it like flys to ****. Emails have been shown as well saying "stock of 2015!" Etc etc. Combine the fact that performance rights vest 5 days after IPO if the price is over 40 cents and you have quite a large pump and dump going on righy now!
In some countries, pump and dump is limited, is they allow allow each stock to go up by a maximum of 7% and vice versa. So why can't all countries adopt this rule if pump and dump is practiced so much?

BFG
23-01-2015, 04:19 PM
In some countries, pump and dump is limited, is they allow allow each stock to go up by a maximum of 7% and vice versa. So why can't all countries adopt this rule if pump and dump is practiced so much?

Agreed. An "orderly market" regulation should be made.

Officially seen it all now. PYL got a 2 minute timeout today the algos were running so hot

Boys at BBY are going to be celebrating big time this weekend.

OutToLunch
04-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Pheeewww. You guys been keeping up with PYL the last few days? Google the news or have a gander over at HC for some eye-popping entertainment... oh and grab some popcorn first

BFG
04-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Pheeewww. You guys been keeping up with PYL the last few days? Google the news or have a gander over at HC for some eye-popping entertainment... oh and grab some popcorn first

I've been avoiding doing so for awhile, but I'm bored now so may go have a gander now that you mention it.

Guesstimate before googling - spec stock of 2015 has been utterly destroyed as financially unviable after all the pumping and dumping was done over the first few days...

BFG
04-02-2015, 06:19 PM
LMFAOCOPTER...

http://m.smh.com.au/business/phytotech-chief-ross-smith-exits-following-facebook-rant-controversy-20150202-134756.html

"I am going to sue HotCopper because of the clear and blatant disregard for their own posting rules and major breaches of ASIC regulations in regards to the incredible personal attacks on me. They might as well just have a posting thread of 'I hate Ross Smith'," he said.

This guy seemed like a loose canon to begin with, but this just confirms it. I look forward to Mr Smith trying to sue Hot Crapper. Many have tried and all have failed, GL matey potatey! :)

BFG
04-02-2015, 06:28 PM
This is also a very concerning statement from him and anyome holding this stock still:

"In case anyone is interested, yes I achieved the PYL performance hurdles in 5 days. VWAP = Volume Weighted Average Price. It blasted through 60 cents so job done. I have appointed a strong management team. So the other 5m PS are in the bag. Management is not my strong point. Having a great time is more like it".

Translation:

"I found someone willing to list this company at an extremely low price, trade a massive amount of capital upwards in the first few days to trigger 'performance' rights, and now that I have them in the bag I couldn't give two flying ****s about the company I once ran. Thanks to all the small guys, momo traders and suckers who bought into the Mr Smith Retirement Scheme. I'm outties with not a care in the world and early retirement, have fun holding the baby you idjits"

I smell another MNW here. Wouldn't be surprised to see the ASIC/ASX onto this soon. Terrible that our regulators let this BS happen.

Blatant, and very sickening...

silu
09-02-2015, 12:28 PM
This went from Bugatti Veyron to Clown Car in a very short space of time.

BFG
09-02-2015, 12:44 PM
This went from Bugatti Veyron to Clown Car in a very short space of time.

Probably the most blatant scamming of investors I've seen on the market. Wonder what ASIC is doing about it behind the scenes....?

BFG
09-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Appears the police are investigating as well....

Police probe Phytotech founder Ross Smith over Facebook threats
THE AUSTRALIAN FEBRUARY 05, 2015 12:00AM

WESTERN Australian police have begun an investigation into the founder of medical cannabis company Phytotech Medical over online threats posted on his Facebook page.
Ross Smith resigned from his executive director position at Phytotech on Monday with immediate effect, just days after an expletive-laden and threatening post appeared on his Facebook page.
The Australian understands that WA police are investigating Mr Smith over allegations he made threats to injure, as well as a number of other matters.
The New Zealand-born Mr Smith now lives in Israel.
The investigation could complicate any future efforts by Mr Smith to return to Australia, where he has been involved with several publicly listed companies.
Mr Smith’s departure from Phytotech came just days after an ugly spat on an internet forum ended with a post appearing on his Facebook page threatening a critic from the HotCopper internet chat forum.
“The great thing about living in Israel is I have special forces bodyguards that love me,” the post on Mr Smith’s page said.
The post then said the critic had been tracked down to a home in Perth, and that Mr Smith had had relations with the critic’s girlfriend “years ago”. “Guess what c***? We will be paying you a visit and my friends are very very good at what they do,” said the post seen by The Australian, but which has since been removed.
Mr Smith has since claimed in the media that the post in question was a result of a hack into his Facebook page, with police believed to be assessing whether the claim is true. But the page still features another post saying he was “missing” his sniper rifle — “it makes for a clean head shot to create red mist”.
Phytotech became the first medical cannabis company to list in Australia when it made its debut on the ASX last month after raising $5m in its IPO.
The stock surged from its IPO price of 20c to as high as 92c in its first day of trading, with its gains over the first five days of trading triggering the vesting of 20 million Phytotech shares to Mr Smith and other Phytotech managers and advisers.
Phytotech chairman Peter Wall is overseas and could not be reached for comment.
Shares in Phytotech gained 1.5c to 37c yesterday.

soulman
06-03-2015, 03:09 PM
A very nice presentation from PYL today. Definitely worth a read.

Absolute144
20-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Just bumping this thread for some discussion. Seems this company has been making some progress recently. And is to be part of an up coming discovery channel doco.

Joshuatree
24-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Haven't looked for awhile but see so many countries(re 36; googled it and got www.legalise.org.nz) decriminalising the personal use of it and re 23 states in USA,Ireland and Chile considering. Dorset and 3 other county in UK turning a blind eye to back yard growing etc etc. Have heard medicinal marijuana is expensive too

Joshuatree
25-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Found it .Ticker is MMJ ,s/p 36.5c . Bill before parliament. $2 mill raised with placement to European Institution
Download Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTUQC5w a1pm2LqplJ2%2Fk%3D)

Joshuatree
29-10-2015, 06:33 PM
www.nextbiotec.com.au have a good research article on MMJ