PDA

View Full Version : Aussie REITs

cloggs
04-01-2015, 01:47 PM
In the last few weeks I've doubled my holdings in TIX and ARF. Earlier in the year I did the same with GOZ, and I got back into UOS a couple of weeks ago.. I think REITs are a safe place to be at the moment with all the mixed messages we're seeing about the near (2015) future.

Any suggestions about others. I've been trawling through the list of AREITs on the ASX website (follow this link http://www.asx.com.au/products/etf/m...oduct-list.htm) and other than ANI not finding anything that takes my fancy.

h2so4
04-01-2015, 04:12 PM
In the last few weeks I've doubled my holdings in TIX and ARF. Earlier in the year I did the same with GOZ, and I got back into UOS a couple of weeks ago.. I think REITs are a safe place to be at the moment with all the mixed messages we're seeing about the near (2015) future.

Any suggestions about others. I've been trawling through the list of AREITs on the ASX website (follow this link http://www.asx.com.au/products/etf/m...oduct-list.htm) and other than ANI not finding anything that takes my fancy.

I like TOF
8.25% dividend with increase flagged for March
Current buy back underway.

cloggs
04-01-2015, 04:52 PM
The office counterpart to TIX. 360 Capital seem to have a certain flair for growing shareholder value. I looked at them in the past but have concentrated more on industrial property. Will check them out again. Even at the current 208 asking price the 17 cts dividend is 8.17 percent.

Valuegrowth
04-01-2015, 07:45 PM
I think REITs're a little expensive right now. It is seeing some signs of slowing growth due to slowing mining sector and less economic activities. They are also sensitive to interest rates. Some market watchers are concerned that an interest rate hike in the U.S. could pull funds away from REITs in Asian Pacific Region. There could be opportunity at lower levels when market becomes weak. At any time we will see weak real state market in New Zealand and Australia probably towards second half of 2015. We are seeing shift in the currency and commodity market now. We will see slow down in stocks and real estate markets next.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity, property or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

duncan22
05-01-2015, 04:04 PM
What are your thoughts on National Storage (NSR)? Demand for storage units is substantial in Australia.

cloggs
05-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I looked at NSR at the start of December after I read that Milford growth fund has them in their portfolio. They were $1.48 then and I decided against them because as an aspiring TA I thought the MACD showed it was due for a drop in share price. Felt pretty smart because the next day it dropped into the 1.30ties. Noticed it went back up to 1.46 now though. With dividend at this price of 8cts their yield isn't that high.

cloggs
05-01-2015, 04:47 PM
I also got into LIC, Lifestyle Communities, a retirement village operator, about a year and a half ago. I like their business model in that they sell units but lease out the land. That way they have an annuity coming in from the land rental as well as income from the sales. For their customers it makes sense because they own their own home but have the cash they would have otherwise spent on the land to maintain their lifestyle. LIC doesn't pay a dividend but the share price has done really well.

Joshuatree
08-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Aussie prop stocks dropping ; looking like get out time maybe?

fungus pudding
08-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Aussie prop stocks dropping ; looking like get out time maybe?

NZ ones have dropped a fair amount lately. I don't think the sky will cave in though.

macduffy
08-10-2016, 10:09 PM
NZ ones have dropped a fair amount lately. I don't think the sky will cave in though.

The prospect of higher interest rates - eventually - is causing a reassessment of all income stocks, including property and infrastructure stocks. Or so I gather.

fungus pudding
09-10-2016, 08:54 AM
The prospect of higher interest rates - eventually - is causing a reassessment of all income stocks, including property and infrastructure stocks. Or so I gather.

That's almost certainly the reason, although it doesn't seem to have hit commercial property yields - yet.

Joshuatree
08-12-2016, 10:57 PM
These two companies increasing guidance.

VLW Attractive , with a mkt cap re $253 mill.Div forecast 18c fully franked.Guidance for an uplift.

1H17 Guidance
On 17 August 2016, the Company announced that its Net Profit After Tax for FY16 was $33.7 million, and that the Company anticipates FY17 Net Profit After Tax growth of at least 5% ($35.4 million). The Company reaffirms this guidance.
The Company is targeting Net Profit After Tax (unaudited) for 1H17 of approximately $19.5 - $21.4 million, dependent upon the timing of delivery of land and housing in Victorian projects. This compares to a Net Profit After Tax of $20.4 million for 1H16.
It is the intention of the Board to continue the payment of dividends in accordance with the stated payout policy of 50 - 75% of NPAT, paid semi-annually. The Company reaffirms dividends in FY17 are expected to be at least 18 cps fully franked (FY16: 18cps).
The Company will release its financial results for 1H17 on Wednesday, 15 February 2017

GDF Guidance for increased div of 9.4c div FY17. No franking,Great for Kiwis. Mkt cap re $98 mill s/p $1.06

Joshuatree
23-12-2016, 01:11 PM
The ASX XPJ Reit index has recovered re 10% a little ahead of the ASX 200. Some great yields there . Anyone got back in based on T/A and fundamentals or being cautious and waiting?. Im still holding a smaller parcel of TIX up re 6% from a bottom. after selling down earlier.

gazprom1
23-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Hey JT

I am in tix and did not sell down when it sold off last month. It is a medium to long term hold for me. Div yield around 9% is pretty good. Interest rates rising will not help though. SP volatility should decrease now that 360 has sold down.

Own GDF on a yield of around 9.4%. Smaller cap but just placed at $1.08 when SP was $1.01. Current $1.065. Happy to hold.

Merry Xmas.

Gaz

Joshuatree
05-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Hi gaz. Im still holding TIX , now CIP just off a 13 month high.yield is 7.56% NTA re $2.47 current price $2.64.
Lots of other steady fyeld plays there like CMW on 8% plus yield. Whose holding what ?.Be very int to know.

gazprom1
05-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Hey JT,

Yep, still holding CIP....they have obviously bulked up in size a wee bit which I don't think is a bad thing. Not doing too much in the sector. Have made an alternative investment in a diversified aussie fund (ophir high conviction) as made a series of bad oil/ gas investments so have retrenched a little bit...hahaaha!!

I wish you all the best with your investments...looks like you have your fingers in a few pies!!

gaz

Joshuatree
12-12-2017, 07:36 AM
Cheers gaz, you too.One doesn't need to take excessive risk in this bull mkt to do well i reckon. But hey its pretty boring if one doesn't have a small component in that higher risk area. Property stocks are the opposite. Im getting this great yield UNFRANKED and in $A credited to me at re 7.56%!!! With the current fillip of a lower $NZ. The CIP portfolio is solid decent WALE industrial properties. S/P i thought would go up more as investors chase yield, currently close to a 1 year high but within a band of $2.45 to $2.63.

Jamie
18-01-2018, 02:33 PM
following now

Joshuatree
21-08-2018, 03:59 PM
CIP was TIX
Centuria Industrial REIT Announces FY2018 Financial Results 21 Aug 2018 11:38 AM
Centuria Property Funds No. 2 Limited (CPF2L), as Responsible Entity of Centuria Industrial REIT (ASX:CIP) is pleased to announce CIP’s full year financial results for the period ended 30 June 2018.

Key Highlights

- Record leasing volumes drive 17.2% Return on Equity (ROE)
- Gross assets increased 19% to $1.1 billion, Net Tangible Assets (NTA) increased 8.9% to $2.56 per unit
- Reduced gearing by 470bps to 38.4%
- Agreed leases over 238,189sqm; representing 32.4% of portfolio gross lettable area (GLA)
- Distributable earnings (EPU) of 19.5 cents per unit (cpu) and distribution (DPU) of 19.4cpu, in line with guidance
- Total Return to Unitholders of 12.3%

Joshuatree
13-09-2018, 02:25 PM
PLG: Proposal to acquire Centuria Industrial REIT (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4429148/) At $3.04 on shares and cash equiv $A. maybe another bidder too. Been a good time in this stock with a great div in $A.

Jamie
13-09-2018, 02:40 PM
:t_up: this announcement made my afternoon

mcdongle
13-12-2021, 02:03 PM
CIP announced 10% Increase in rental growth