PDA

View Full Version : NZX in 30 years

axe
24-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Of today's NZX listed stock which will still be NZX listed in 30 years time? And worth more than they are today? Which ones will be gone and where to?

RGR367
25-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Of today's NZX listed stock which will still be NZX listed in 30 years time? And worth more than they are today? Which ones will be gone and where to?
Lol. If we can predict those kind of enduring stocks, we'll all be in so called NZ 1% of the 1 percenter :)

winner69
25-01-2015, 11:42 AM
A couple of thoughts

Wellington Drive will be closer to making a profit

Blis will be making zillions and in the NZ10

Spark will have a new name

And bad news Percy, Ebos will have gone with HO in Switzerland

Hoop
25-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Pumpkin Patch will be $100/share!!!

The ACC financial team with great insight in charge of buying those downtrending shares back in 2010-2014 will become Celebrities and Knighted for theirs services for the enhancement of Wealth and Health to the NZ public
ACC through the expertise of these people will no longer need money effectively making ACC free to everyone..

ACC financial team has released their three new educational books.. " The myths of the trend is your friend catchphase"... Catching falling daggers is the only way to financial Wealth"...and.."TA is rubbish"
Also in 2046 these people will Honored with PHDs from Harvard University..for their new financial revolutionary method of making money..

Warren Buffet now aged 114 concedes their method is better than his

The future couldn't be better

klid
25-01-2015, 01:48 PM
:) I reckon these ones will have prominence in 30 years:

CNU
DIL (Perhaps)
FPH - or whatever entity it is in 30 years.

That's all from a quick glance at my watchlist! Can't pick anything transport, entertainment, or energy wise - it will all be so different.

Beagle
25-01-2015, 02:16 PM
HNZ will make a takeover offer for the assets of the B.N.Z. and then change its name to the Bank of New Zealand the name of which will then be authentic.
Air new Zealand will still be in business as the state owned monopoly supplier of flying cars and magnetic hover boards :)
Kathmandu will still be in business because shortly they'll do a fundamental change, change their name to peoplecandoanythingontheinternet and close all their branches and supply all their good gear at a much cheaper price online.
WHS is toast...the internet is where everyone gets a bargain.... something the directors sadly never fully appreciated.

Bjauck
25-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Everybody stays in residential property with the result that after overseas takeovers of NZ companies, the NZX50 has to become NZX05. However I will go for Hutchwilco Flags having a separate listing in 2017 and end up being the largest company by default. John key wil have ignored the referendum on the NZ flag and go ahead with a select committee design with consists of "NOT OZ (or UK)" in big black letters under a rainbow coloured effigy of King William V. All current flags will have to be replaced. In addition NZ foreign policy is sold to the Americans for a free trade agreement. Hutchwilco gets Uncle Sam's flag contract and each time an American flag is burnt overseas a NZ flag is burnt too for good measure. Hutch Flags' Ukrainian workers will be the best paid workers in the New Soviet Union.

whirly
25-01-2015, 04:38 PM
NZX will be gone. Survivors listed on ASX. I will be dead and still have $34 worth of PLE in my bottom drawer.

Baa_Baa
25-01-2015, 07:05 PM
NZX will own ASX as the west island wonders how we did it. I will own a whole stable of ponies as well, but be unable to remember where they are, let alone ride them.

iceman
25-01-2015, 11:17 PM
SAN has been around for 135 years and listed on the NZX for over 54 years. I hazard a guess they will still be here, pumping out steady dividends in 2045 !

26-01-2015, 08:15 AM
NZO will announce they know nothing about oil and will be asking for volunteers for their board.

Minerbarejet
26-01-2015, 08:17 AM
PEB will be on the cusp of great success.
Everyone will be on edge I suppose

Or over it.:)