PDA

View Full Version : Does one wear a suit to an AGM?

winner69
16-05-2015, 12:09 PM
I might change from jeans and tee shirt to my pajamas, and look more respectable

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/greg-ferenstein-suitsy-review-2015-5

What should you wear to a AGM anyway?

percy
16-05-2015, 12:46 PM
I might change from jeans and tee shirt to my pajamas, and look more respectable

I keep my agm outfit at the ready.
White shirt for the formal part of the meeting. No tie,as restricts the vocal cords,when
thanking the chairman for the increased dividend.I like to lead the cheering.Hor ahh horraaaahhh.!
Loose fitting trousers that will expand to accommodate the intake of drink and tucka.
Comfortable shoes for standing between the bar and kitchen.
Dark coloured woollie pullie to cover up the shirt should I miss the mouth while eating and talking.

skid
16-05-2015, 01:01 PM
there are a number of companies that I would turn up in raggedy clothes and a shopping trolley with plastic bag just to send a message:)

silverblizzard888
16-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Is it important to be a shareholder at an AGM? Maybe you are just interested to check out the business and its management and in consideration of owning it.

robbo24
16-05-2015, 02:55 PM
I keep my agm outfit at the ready.
White shirt for the formal part of the meeting. No tie,as restricts the vocal cords,when
thanking the chairman for the increased dividend.I like to lead the cheering.Hor ahh horraaaahhh.!
Loose fitting trousers that will expand to accommodate the intake of drink and tucka.
Comfortable shoes for standing between the bar and kitchen.
Dark coloured woollie pullie to cover up the shirt should I miss the mouth while eating and talking.

Percy, it sounds like you need to invest in the corresponding haircut: a mullet.

Business in the front, party in the back.

macduffy
16-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Is it important to be a shareholder at an AGM? Maybe you are just interested to check out the business and its management and in consideration of owning it.

Strictly speaking, an AGM is a meeting of shareholders although it is customary for reporters and analysts to be present, presumably by invitation. Most companies check shareholders into the meeting. Proxies can attend so perhaps a broker could arrange one for a keen non-shareholder?

macduffy
16-05-2015, 03:01 PM

Strictly speaking, an AGM is a meeting of shareholders although it is customary for reporters and analysts to be present, presumably by invitation. Most companies check shareholders into the meeting. Proxies can attend so perhaps a broker could arrange one for a keen non-shareholder?

percy
16-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Percy, it sounds like you need to invest in the corresponding haircut: a mullet.

Business in the front, party in the back.

Yeah right!!! Would do if I could.,but........................................ ...............all I have left is a bit on the sides!!!!

percy
16-05-2015, 05:55 PM

I try to attend company agms and any special meetings they may have.
You learn so much from the presentations,talking to the directors, and other shareholders.
I find it is great getting sharetraders' agms updates on meetings I can't attend.
It is very easy to work out which companies achieve what they set out to do.

drcjp
17-05-2015, 08:03 AM

Only wear suit if you're prepared to go full sheckel all the way :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHo2pXO_XAI