PDA

View Full Version : Berkshire Hathaway & Australia

Arbroath
17-06-2015, 02:39 PM
All,

I'm surprised at the lack of comment on the BRK - IAG deal announced yesterday. Warren Buffett will by his own admission be looking for 4-5 large equity investments in Australia over the next few years and at least one bank. An interesting toe in the water with the IAG deal structure and plenty of float to be invested from the 20% of IAG premium that BRK will receive...

http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/which-australian-stocks-will-warren-buffett-buy-20150617-ghpnu3

silu
17-06-2015, 03:32 PM
I am a holder of IAG and was wondering why there isn't a thread for this. I believe it's one of those stocks that you buy, enrol in the DRP and hold in the bottom drawer. Unfortunately I'm too stupid to understand what it will mean in the long run.

percy
17-06-2015, 04:57 PM
I am a holder of IAG and was wondering why there isn't a thread for this. I believe it's one of those stocks that you buy, enrol in the DRP and hold in the bottom drawer. Unfortunately I'm too stupid to understand what it will mean in the long run.

Just stay stupid and grow wealthy steadily.!!! lol.
You are on the right track.

winner69
18-06-2015, 07:44 PM
I reckon DLX will be on his shopping list

dingoNZ
18-06-2015, 11:34 PM
I reakon BOQ will be on his watchlist too

Arbroath
23-06-2015, 08:05 AM
I reckon DLX will be on his shopping list

As far as the banks go I think NAB might be the favoured play - previously #1 player distracted by all sorts of offshore cock-ups over the last decade which it is slowly extracting itself from. The core earnings franchise in Australasia will then be back in the sunshine unhindered by all the other noise.