PDA

View Full Version : Why does ANZ run 2 similar internet trading systems.

forest
05-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Just realised ANZ are running ANZ security accounts also a ANZ share and bond trading accounts.

Both accounts as far as I can see are very similar and seem to have the same purpose.
However the fee structure is different.

Anybody has a preference for one or the other account.

huxley
05-07-2015, 06:20 PM
I believe share and bond is run by ANZ nz and ANZ securities for bank customers. ANZ securities is available for non bank customers

GoldenStag
05-10-2015, 08:41 PM
ANZ Share and Bond is the platform from the days when it was Direct Broking which ANZ bought i believe. They reskinned it with ANZ branding a year or two ago. The underlying platform is still the old direct broking software.

skid
06-10-2015, 09:12 AM
yep,as far as I can see ,its pretty much the same as it was (direct broking) although its marginally easier to tranfer $ from an ANZ acc.

Dej
06-10-2015, 09:58 AM
ANZ Share and Bond is the platform from the days when it was Direct Broking which ANZ bought i believe. They reskinned it with ANZ branding a year or two ago. The underlying platform is still the old direct broking software.

Correct.

If you ever used Direct Broking you will realise it is exactly the same.

This is the platform I use and I have no troubles with it. You can extend your account to have multi currencies and order triggers (e.g. stop losses) if you ask them nicely.

Not sure if the other method allows this, didn't even realise their was two different platforms.

**Edit, I see that they both allow multi currencies, not sure about order triggers**