PDA

View Full Version : Insured Group Ltd ... disposing of shares.

kerryo
05-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know how I can get rid of 3 "Insured Group Ltd" shares.
They are in my mothers portfolio that I administer.
Computershare can't remove them from the register, they say they have to be sold in order to come off.
ANZ Securities (broker) can't sell them on the unlisted exchange because they are not listed there.
Shares for Good will not take them because they are not a listed share.

Thanks in advance.

Sideshow Bob
06-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Maybe he best thing is to contact the company?

percy
07-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know how I can get rid of 3 "Insured Group Ltd" shares.
They are in my mothers portfolio that I administer.
Computershare can't remove them from the register, they say they have to be sold in order to come off.
ANZ Securities (broker) can't sell them on the unlisted exchange because they are not listed there.
Shares for Good will not take them because they are not a listed share.

Thanks in advance.

I would either not worry about them.They are worthless.
Or else pay 1 cent for them and transfer them into your own name to clear them out of your mother's portfolio.
You would need, most probably, to record why you transferred them,and the price you paid.

kerryo
07-08-2015, 10:41 AM
I would either not worry about them.They are worthless.
Or else pay 1 cent for them and transfer them into your own name to clear them out of your mother's portfolio.
You would need, most probably, to record why you transferred them,and the price you paid.

Thanks Percy, I know they are worthless but I just want to close down my mothers account at Computershare so that we don't continue to receive information and statements from them in the future.
I'll try putting them in my name then my sons can worry about it when I pass away.:(

kerryo
07-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Maybe he best thing is to contact the company?

I can't find anyone to contact. Every link on the net leads to a 404 error and the only Australian ph no. is dead.

percy
07-08-2015, 08:34 PM
I can't find anyone to contact. Every link on the net leads to a 404 error and the only Australian ph no. is dead.

I have just checked NZ Companies office.Struck off.!
It was Agland Holdings,then Pure NZ ltd,then Lombard Group.
They used Lombard as a back door listing,then struck off.
Try googling Insured Group Ltd Australia.Still life in the old dog? Address and phone number. If they ask you for money,run.!

kerryo
07-08-2015, 08:46 PM
I have just checked NZ Companies office.Struck off.!
It was Agland Holdings,then Pure NZ ltd,then Lombard Group.
They used Lombard as a back door listing,then struck off.
Try googling Insured Group Ltd Australia.Still life in the old dog? Address and phone number. If they ask you for money,run.!

That's the phone no. that is dead now.
Thanks Percy.