PDA

View Full Version : How good are these results??

trader_jackson
20-08-2015, 09:21 AM
It certainly looks like the market is announcing some very impressive, and (mostly) ahead of the high expectations that everyone had going into to the recent reporting season...

From my crude and very brief look this is how I see the results (so far):
Meridian: Very Good
Heartland: Very Good
Skellerup: Good
NZ Refining: Good
Intueri Education Group: Very Good
Serko: Good
Fletcher Building: Ok
(+ others, but these are the ones I have been able to have a brief read over)

I am personally looking forward to Genesis and Might River Power reporting (and also have to look over NZO...)

My question therefore is, is this just me or has the reporting season generally been pretty good (and beating already high expectations)?

List your thoughts, ideas etc below...

Harvey Specter
20-08-2015, 09:24 AM
My question therefore is, is this just me or has the reporting season generally been pretty good (and beating already high expectations)?The economy has been going great. Dairy has faulted a bit in the last 6 months and signifiantly in the past 2 but we need to be careful we dont talk ourselves into a recession. Things are good.

beetills
20-08-2015, 11:37 AM
I have been unemployed/able for the last 12 months and unable to get the dole because i never pissed my money away(which i am pissed off about) however on my tiny income ,mainly derived from interest(diminishing every day)i have been able to survive.My wife works part time and brings in about $250.per week .
At times it has been a struggle however the economy seems to be going ahead despite what the left may say and hopefully i can sneak a position somewhere soon.

Beagle
20-08-2015, 11:39 AM
It certainly looks like the market is announcing some very impressive, and (mostly) ahead of the high expectations that everyone had going into to the recent reporting season...

From my crude and very brief look this is how I see the results (so far):
Meridian: Very Good
Heartland: Very Good
Skellerup: Very Good
NZ Refining: Very Good
Intueri Education Group: Very Good
Serko: Good
Fletcher Building: Must try harder
(+ others, but these are the ones I have been able to have a brief read over)

I am personally looking forward to Genesis and Might River Power reporting (and also have to look over NZO...)

My question therefore is, is this just me or has the reporting season generally been pretty good (and beating already high expectations)?

List your thoughts, ideas etc below...

Fixed that for ya :)

Regi
20-08-2015, 11:51 AM
I have been unemployed/able for the last 12 months and unable to get the dole because i never pissed my money away(which i am pissed off about) however on my tiny income ,mainly derived from interest(diminishing every day)i have been able to survive.My wife works part time and brings in about $250.per week .
At times it has been a struggle however the economy seems to be going ahead despite what the left may say and hopefully i can sneak a position somewhere soon.

Keep on going Beetills! You'll get a position eventually, don't give up mate :)

warthog
20-08-2015, 12:23 PM

Consider doing your own thing Beetills.

Jobs are very risky endeavours.

Good luck (always need a bit of this).

Bjauck
20-08-2015, 03:41 PM
I have been unemployed/able for the last 12 months and unable to get the dole because i never pissed my money away(which I am pissed off about) however on my tiny income ,mainly derived from interest(diminishing every day)i have been able to survive.My wife works part time and brings in about $250.per week .

Good luck.

I agree with you on the dole. Whilst the government should not spend taxpayers money where it is not needed, the means-tested government assistance has a disadvantage of not encouraging people to save in order to invest in income-producing assets. If you see your spendthrift neighbour getting an unemployment benefit, when you have to use your own careful savings, the government is de-incentivising you and others from saving. Similarly, in the past especially, the means-testing policy provided a boost to the family trust industry as people tried to legally impoverish themselves so that i the future they may be eligible for government benefits/assistance.

Hectorplains
20-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Good luck.

I agree with you on the dole. Whilst the government should not spend taxpayers money where it is not needed, the means-tested government assistance has a disadvantage of not encouraging people to save in order to invest in income-producing assets. If you see your spendthrift neighbour getting an unemployment benefit, when you have to use your own careful savings, the government is de-incentivising you and others from saving. Similarly, in the past especially, the means-testing policy provided a boost to the family trust industry as people tried to legally impoverish themselves so that i the future they may be eligible for government benefits/assistance.

Plenty of wealthy kids on full allowances, that are "means tested", at University. They're only means tested if Mum and dad are on a salary.

sb9
20-08-2015, 10:40 PM
I'll give 7.5/10 so far overall.

cdonald
21-08-2015, 10:32 AM
With TEL also reporting good results today it seems like NZ is flying along. What other big results are due out soon as it looks like the market is usually happy to see some of the ones coming out as it looks like results have been under predicted so far.

bull....
21-08-2015, 11:15 AM
pretty awesome results so far with a lot of companies paying increased dividends and special dividends

sb9
25-08-2015, 09:06 PM
What a mockery of great results posted by NZ companies by the so called chinese panic came out of nowhere...absolutely took the gloss off some stunning numbers.

percy
25-08-2015, 09:20 PM
What a mockery of great results posted by NZ companies by the so called chinese panic came out of nowhere...absolutely took the gloss off some stunning numbers.

The Chinese market was based on sheer speculation.A bubble.The Chinese market will now go back to being based on reality,EPS,ROE,PE and dividends.Chinese currency devaluation was only restoring parity, against other currencies that have devalued against the Chinese.
The NZ market is based on sound growing earnings,so should recover quickly. [well reasonably quickly].

pak
25-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Totally agree. The question is. Do you hang on for those good divies? There could be another big bail out straight after that makes this correction look small in comparison, Or does the market react in anticipation? All will be revealed soon......

Hoop
26-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Hmmm....while the media hype was focused on Europe with its minnow Greece....China the giant Asian tiger was quietly bubbling away in its own financial mess..The Chinese are very hush hush and secretive lot and when there was a loud financial explosion** which deafened the world..The world heads turned and looked at the Chinese Banks and like little kids who just farted looked them straight in the eye and said "who me...no no no it wasn't me".

** caused by the reluctance of banks to lend out the Government's monetary eased money

pak
26-08-2015, 12:37 AM
China cuts interest rates again. Quick rush back in!!!!!!

percy
26-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Hmmm....while the media hype was focused on Europe with its minnow Greece....China the giant Asian tiger was quietly bubbling away in its own financial mess..The Chinese are very hush hush and secretive lot and when there was a loud financial explosion** which deafened the world..The world heads turned and looked at the Chinese Banks and like little kids who just farted looked them straight in the eye and said "who me...no no no it wasn't me".

** caused by the reluctance of banks to lend out the Government's monetary eased money

Perhaps,although I think it was caused by the Governments monetary eased money, being diverted into the sharemarket,rather than the productive sector.Easy money fuels sharemarket bubbles.

Hoop
26-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Perhaps,although I think it was caused by the Governments monetary eased money, being diverted into the sharemarket,rather than the productive sector.Easy money fuels sharemarket bubbles.
Yes and No Percy..
Yes....US FED style of QE fuels the sharemarket .
No.....Chinese style QE did not..The state owned "policy banks" used the easing to buy up the debt of the cash burning inefficient SOE's.

see Bloomberg Business 10th August 2015 (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-09/quantitative-easing-with-chinese-characteristics-takes-shape) about the financial mechanics of QE Chinese style....Quote.."Rather than bankroll projects directly, the People’s Bank of China is pumping funds (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-27/with-china-banks-pinched-by-bailouts-pboc-turns-to-state-allies)into state lenders known as policy banks to finance government-backed programs. Instead of buying shares to prop up a faltering stock market, it’s aiding a government fund that’s seeking to stabilize prices. And instead of purchasing municipal bonds in the market, it’s accepting such notes as collateral and encouraging banks to buy the debt".

Yes ...the Chinese Govt has been propping up their sharemarket even before the Bloomberg article...All countries are guilty of direct intervention when their markets are in free fall

EDIT back to topic:....I guess we can class AIR is a good result..eh