PDA

View Full Version : Unit Trusts

tango
17-12-2015, 12:09 PM
After talking to my accountant he suggested that Unit Trusts might be more tax effective for me.

Other than my Kiwisaver I have no unit trust investments.

I'm looking for advice and recommendations on evaluating unit trusts.
My kiwisaver is with Fisher Funds so I was thinking of investing with them but I'm open to ideas:cool:

GTM 3442
24-12-2015, 05:20 AM
Depending on your tax situation, PIEs could be either useful or something to be avoided.

24-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Look at

http://www.piefunds.co.nz/contact-us.html

I also use Platinum Funds in Australia. This has the complication of FIF for me but works well.

I wonder if by saying it would be more tax effective for you , your accountant isn't just saying it would be easier for him.

fungus pudding
24-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Depending on your tax situation, PIEs could be either useful or something to be avoided.

Interesting comment. I have a few PIE investments that work well for me. What might be the disadvantage for an investor on a different tax rate? IOW who should avoid them?

Bjauck
24-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Interesting comment. I have a few PIE investments that work well for me. What might be the disadvantage for an investor on a different tax rate? IOW who should avoid them?
I think, one issue could be the inability to get a refund on PIE tax if the selected PIR on the investment was higher than you were entitled to during the year.