PDA

View Full Version : FLC FLUENCE was Emc emefcy group

Joshuatree
08-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Reverse merger deal with Savcor raising re$14 million

Emefcy develops advanced energy efficient wastewater treatment technologies for municipal and industrial plants.
Emefcy energy efficient systems are cost competitive relative to conventional alternatives with respect to both capital and operating expenses
The Spiral Aerobic Biofilm Reactor (SABRE) is a self respiring, prefabricated modular unit for biological wastewater treatment. It reduces energy consumption as well as sludge production, relative to conventional aerobic processes.
The Electrogenic Bioreactor (EBR) uses electricity generating bacteria to treat wastewater, and produces green electricity as a byproduct.

CEO Eytan Levy and CTO Ronen Shechter founded Emefcy in 2008. They are well known entrepreneurs in their field, having previously founded AqWise. Over the years, they raised $15 million from prominent investors, most of whom are still company shareholders after the current merger: Israel Cleantech Ventures, Plan B Ventures, and GE Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of General Electric.
The sewage treatment company will begin its first project in Israel in 2016.

Israeli technology companies are usually listed on stock exchanges on Wall Street, Tel Aviv, or London. Tomorrow, an Israeli company will join a different stock exchange - in Australia. Caesarea-based Emefcy, which develops technological solutions for sewage treatment, was merged last week into Savcor, an Australian stock exchange shell, accompanied by a financing round, and will become a public company with a market cap of 35 million Australian dollars ($25 million).
CEO Eytan Levy and CTO Ronen Shechter founded Emefcy in 2008. They are well known entrepreneurs in their field, having previously founded AqWise. Over the years, they raised $15 million from prominent investors, most of whom are still company shareholders after the current merger: Israel Cleantech Ventures, Plan B Ventures, and GE Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of General Electric.
Several months ago, a deal with Savcor was agreed, in which the Australian company acquired 100% of Emefcy in a share swap that included a 13.8 million Australian dollar financing round last week. After the deal was completed, the company changed its name to Emefcy. In the initial stage, the original Emefcy shareholders hold 65 million shares in the merged company with a value of 13 million Australian dollars, less than the amount invested in the company to date. At the same time, on the basis of meeting commercial milestones, the value of their holding is likely to grow when they receive more shares. According to Savcor chairman Peter Marks, "The Emefcy shareholders are receiving a position in a company in whose commercial potential they have confidence, and are happy to wait for the arrival of the commercial milestone."
In a "Globes" interview, Marks talks about the merger of the two companies: "Savcor was a stock exchange shell, and we looked for interested technology companies with which we could merge," he says. "We weren't looking for digital or social media companies; we wanted innovative technologies on a global level. Through introduction and connections, we arrived at Emefcy, and began talking about an acquisition several months ago."
Advice for the deal was provided by Sapir Capital Group managing partner Baruch Halpert, who represented the acquiring company in Israel.
"Globes": What did you find in Emefcy?
Marks: "It has innovative and leading technology in sewage treatment, developed over seven years. It has high-profile investors and experienced entrepreneurs, Eytan Levy and Ronen Shechter, who have already done it at AqWise, and a group of committed and experienced people. This is a great opportunity, and what's also important is that it's not necessary to wait 3-4 years to make the technology commercial: most of the research and development has already been done, and they are current working on the next generations of the products. The financing round we did was designed to help initial sales efforts.
"The technology works, and there's a strong pipeline of projects. The first project, which was in Israel, will begin in the first quarter of 2016, and we expect additional projects in the Caribbean Islands, the US, Latin America, Australia, and other places, and in the long term, also in China and India. Emefcy's technology is very suitable for regions with little water. It is both innovative and economically worthwhile."
So why did Emefcy agree to be sold just before its commercial breakthrough?
"First of all, no existing shareholder is selling. All of them are staying aboard, except for one that cannot invest in companies listed on the Australian stock exchange. They are sticking with us, because they believe in the company's ability."

Trading in the Emefcy share on the Sydney Stock Exchange began today through the EMC:AU ticker symbol. Trading in the Savcor share has been suspended for the past 18 months in Australia. According to Marks, the reason is Chapter 11 proceedings (protection against creditors) in the US. The company came to an arrangement with its creditors and became a stock exchange shell, at which point Marks entered the picture, acquired the shell, and started looking for companies to acquire.
According to Marks, he knows of other Israeli companies that want to be listed on the Australian stock exchange. "The Australian stock exchange is like a public venture capital fund, without the existing restrictions applying to an investment by a venture capital fund," he says. "There are many public companies in the early part of their lifespan. In the US, they would raise money from venture capital funds, while in Australia, they turn to the stock exchange and start raising capital relatively early for the purpose of future expansion. For example, the Australian market is very supportive of the offering and of Emefcy as a company with innovative technology."
Are there other companies on the Australian stock exchange dealing in sewage treatment?
"No. There are several companies dealing in the environment, but not the same type as Emefcy."
Do you plan to have Emefcy listed for trading on Wall Street, too?
"Being listed in Australia is a springboard. In order to get to Nasdaq, you need a much bigger market cap, say $200 million. We certainly hope to achieve that."

Picked up a package @ 20 5c today. Like the Green sector, Global water quality issues and management and the disruptive tech. Expecting good news flow from hereon but smaller not totally proven, riskier end of spectrum DYOR

Joshuatree
12-01-2016, 12:31 AM
Thanks to poster inferno

Great explanation of how the tech works

Using conventional microbial fuel-cell technology and its own proprietary engineering, Emefcy harvests energy from wastewater, generating enough to power the entire treatment process. In the treatment of particularly carbon-rich industrial wastewater, the company says, the process produces excess electricity that can be fed back into the grid at a profit.

In microbial fuel cells, naturally occurring microorganisms oxidize wastewater. An anode and cathode, placed a critical distance apart in the water, create an electrical circuit from the electrons gained from this oxidation.

Ely Cohen, Emefcy’s vice president of marketing, says the company’s process reduces the total cost of wastewater treatment by 30 to 40 percent by eliminating spending on energy, and also reduces the amount of sludge that must be trucked away afterward by up to 80 percent.

Traditional wastewater treatment involves forcing air through the water to aerate it. This is also important to the activity of the microbial cells. Emefcy exposes more wastewater to air but without the energy-intensive process of pumping air through water. Instead, the wastewater flows through a “biogenic reactor” made of tubes 1.7 meters in diameter and four meters high. Inside the tubes, water and air flow alongside each other separated by a membrane.

“The reactor is split into two areas,” says Emefcy CEO Eytan Levy. “In one area there is a lot of wastewater but there is no air. In the other area there is air but no wastewater. These two areas are separated by a membrane wall and both areas are connected to an electrically-conductive surface on which the bacteria grows.”

The electrons produced by the bacteria flow towards the oxygen in the air through nanowires made of naturally-occurring hair-like projections found on the surface of the microbes. “Under these reactor conditions the bacteria develop the ability to convert these pili to become electrically conductive and it behaves just like a metallic wire,” says Levy.

The electrodes used are made of a coated plastic, which makes them cheaper, and easier to maintain.

Each stack can process 10 cubic meters of wastewater a day, and has a planned lifespan of 15 years. Stacks can be added on a modular basis, avoiding the need for a large up-front investment in infrastructure.

Joshuatree
10-04-2016, 09:36 AM
This from Micheljob , an opinion and description below on another site; more about the membrane and its advantages and point of diff.
.I see EMC has become one of the most talked about stocks there. That can be a blessing or a sign something is getting ahead of itself and overhyped by traders so caution warranted at the speed of the S/P ascent.

"As part of my research into my investment I had a friend review and comment on the tech behind EMC. He is currently in his final year of a Ph.D. In microbiology and thought it would be worth sharing his opinions on the process and why it is superior to current waste water practices. "

"So what I gather is that the advantage in this technology lies in the oxygen permeable membrane. So during the wastewater treatment process microorganisms are used to break down the biodegradable organic compounds. But for them to do this they require a lot of oxygen (Biochemical Oxygen Demand, BOD) to grow and continue to breakdown the organic compounds, otherwise they will just die off or become dormant. Usually this is supplied through pumping air through the wastewater, which accounts for a large portion of the plants energy requirements. This membrane transfers oxygen through diffusion, which just means the oxygen wants to be at the same concentration on both sides of the membrane, and since the microbes are using the oxygen on the water side, the oxygen continues to cross the membrane into the water. This doesn’t require any pumping so therefore it saves on energy costs.The other advantage of the membrane is that immediately on the water side there is an abundance of oxygen as it crosses over. This causes the bacteria to adhere to the membrane where the most oxygen is and form a biofilm. A biofilm is a film that bacteria form which allows for easy transfer of nutrients between cells allowing for maximum growth, therefore once a biofilm occurs the rate of breakdown increases. This biofilm also serves to breakdown nitrogen in the form of ammonia. The degrading of organic compounds causes a build up of ammonia, so to remove ammonia it needs to be converted to nitrate then to nitrogen gas which is released into the atmosphere. The conversion of ammonia to nitrate requires plenty of oxygen which is performed by bacteria closest to the membrane where oxygen concentration is highest while the conversion of nitrate to nitrogen gas is an anaerobic process that is performed by the bacteria furtherest away from the membrane where there is no oxygen present. In a general process where the water is aerated by air pumps there wouldn’t be a lot of space in the water that was completely anaerobic and so the nitrate to nitrogen reaction would be prevented to some extent.So from that, this technology saves money by reducing energy costs as well as provides an efficient system for breaking down waste products."

"Hopefully this helps some others to understand the benefits of this technology"

DarkHorse
11-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Thanks for putting us onto this JT - my small investment is up 150% over the past few weeks :)

Joshuatree
15-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Thanks I'm up 131%. Up another 10% or so today to 48c and new big shareholder.

Joshuatree
05-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Write up in Scientific American,
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/microbial-fuel-cell-treats-wastewater-harvests-energy/

Joshuatree
17-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Triple bagger @ 62c. This is a bit Nuts!.Plan to take some off the table tomorrow.

Australian Investor Roadshow Presentation May 2016-EMC.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2770986/)

Trigger
18-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Triple bagger @ 62c. This is a bit Nuts!.Plan to take some off the table tomorrow.

Australian Investor Roadshow Presentation May 2016-EMC.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2770986/)

I'm three cents behind you JT. I will continue to hold all and add if the opportunity presents itself. Would normally have averaged up in the early 30's but took my eye off the ball for a week or so, and the price has never really looked back since.

Joshuatree
19-05-2016, 07:27 PM
You caused me to rethink Trigger; thanks ;didn't sell any more yet.AGM today and s/p up 12.6% to 67c!. Very sticky tightly held register at this point!!I guess some profit taking will spill a few sometime but at the momen-tum ,who cares with this trend..:).

Trigger
20-05-2016, 08:52 AM
You caused me to rethink Trigger; thanks ;didn't sell any yet.AGM today and s/p up 12.6% to 67c!. Very sticky tightly held register at this point!!I guess some profit taking will spill a few sometime but at the momen-tum ,who cares with this trend..:).

That was a helluva day again yesterday wasn't it. Very positive sentiment coming out of the AGM. The stats around the tight register impress me too - very high % held by top 20.

Anyway, an announcement regarding their preferred Chinese partner (or partners as I now understand it, as the preference is to divide the geography up) is likely soon. Then some mainland US reference sites would be excellent, though am anticipating this will take quite a bit longer.

There is also talk of a Nasdaq listing once the SP hits a dollar. TBH that's the sort of thing that makes me very nervous. just think that it can be a double edged sword.

Lets see what the rest of the month brings. Onward! :)

Regi
25-05-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm gutted I got out of this at 0.55c... Still made a nice profit but this one just doesn't seem to be stopping! Up another 11% today... what are people's thoughts on the future of this uptrend?

OutToLunch
25-05-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm gutted I got out of this at 0.55c... Still made a nice profit but this one just doesn't seem to be stopping! Up another 11% today... what are people's thoughts on the future of this uptrend?

You'd think it would have to run out of puff soon, but it's clear that this share is very tightly held (including by the top 20 holders) and no-one's keen on selling to any great extent. There was a large parcel of 300,000+ shares dropped on the market one day last week and most of them were snapped up in one hit very soon after they were offered. I emailed management a few days ago on an unrelated matter and the reply included "We are delighted at the opportunities opening up for SABRE technology to be commercially deployed" -- which suggests to me that there is still plenty of good news coming. They are presenting in California late next month and that could well give EMC another boost as the potential for their "water as a service" model in California is big.

I bought in at an average of a bit under 33, was tempted to realise some gains last week but I think this one has too much going for it to be letting any go at the moment. Management's integrity and track record are excellent and that counts for a lot.

Trigger
25-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Seems to be a high conviction stock right now for a lot of holders. That 300k you refer to last week OutToLunch was quite extraordinary...there hadn't been a parcel of that size offered for a while to the best of my knowledge, and it was quickly snapped up.

I can't bring myself to sell any, but it has run too far for me to average up. Just sitting back now to see where we end up.

JT...are you still holding??? What did you decide to do in the end??? You are up another 30%+ now!!! :eek2:

Joshuatree
25-05-2016, 07:46 PM
4 and a 3rd bagger i make it atp. Ive learnt not to get euphoric and hence attached and hence not react when it does correct and then ride it numbingly, blindingly down but BOY i have to keep reminding myself of that little ego monkey on my shoulder and slap it down more than once. The best way to deal with this is to play the depression card. its been a miserable day so I've stopped watching this stock at pit and jumped in the hole.. At least EDE is having a breather(but still over $300mill mkt cap).:mad ;:

DarkHorse
25-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm no momentum investor, but have seen this kind of thing before - there's little chance of disappointing news to fear in the near future, and few conservative/institutional type holders who'll tend to take profits, so supply will remain tight and a great story + exuberance/greed may push it higher for some time.

OutToLunch
26-05-2016, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop back into the 60s or even 50s, this kind of run is almost never sustained. Having said that, my plan is to hold for at least a couple of years so I'm certainly not selling any unless I start seeing signs that EMC's longer term aspirations may not be working out. Might even buy some more if it drops back to the low 60s, although I wouldn't be chasing it at the moment. (Mind you I told myself that when it went through 50c.)

Then there's this...

"Emefcy's vision is declared as becoming the market leader for resource-efficient & energy-positive wastewater treatment within its target segments in municipal & industrial wastewater by 2020, a market estimated at over A$8 billion."

... this statement is only looking ahead 3.5 years or so, which isn't so long in the grand scheme of things. I think most shareholders are keeping this goal in mind and building up their holdings now rather than trying to trade it.

silu
27-05-2016, 03:59 PM
This run up is getting a little ridiculous. Very happy with my return but my fingers are itching to take profits.

OutToLunch
27-05-2016, 04:17 PM
The same thing has crossed my mind several times, but knowing my luck I would end up having to pay even more to get my shares back. Much less stressful to just set it and forget it... eyes on the long-term prize, it will be dollars per share if EMC can pull it off.

99c this afternoon, surely now it is time for a break.

Trigger
31-05-2016, 09:08 AM
JT...see you grabbed EMC for the ASX stock picking comp. Nice work. :t_up:

Joshuatree
22-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Thanks Trigger PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01750710) signing of first African contract.Should pick the price up a little after a fall back to 77c after the initial euphoric rise.

silu
20-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Trading Halt regarding significant corporate events. That means whatever you think it may mean.

Joshuatree
20-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Yes .." in discussion with a number of parties regarding a significant corporate event"
Should know by friday.
Sounds positive to my biased mind:).
I will feel a lot more comfortable with EMC when/if they have a bunch more contracts.
Going into china and what time will they have as a first adopter before being copied etc; 2 years?
Thats kinda irrelevant right now though.

duncan22
21-07-2016, 10:11 AM
$31.5m raising at 64c, possibly more if oversubscribed.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/businessnow/2016/07/20/empire-partners-launch-31-5m-placement-for-emefcy-group/

silu
22-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Things are brewing....

heisenberg
22-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Things are brewing....

What are your predictions, fears, hopes?

silu
22-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Big cornerstone investor after a CR and hopefully the signing of a big contract(s). Don't think a takeover is on the cards.

Joshuatree
15-08-2016, 11:18 PM
EMC Announces Signing of First China Regional Partnership Co-EMC.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2835132/)

OutToLunch
19-08-2016, 06:59 PM
EMC are starting to move up again on the back of the last couple of announcements. Some news on the Water as a Service (WaaS) front would help kick things along nicely in addition to the recent announcements on progress being made in China. Next week might see EMC back over 90c but more sustainably this time.

OutToLunch
10-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Major announcement on their ongoing expansion into China. Share price firmly over a dollar now by the looks.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20161010/pdf/43bv68tt3q0z46.pdf

Trigger
10-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Gee whiz that's a great announcement isn't it. This thing is really rocking and rolling. From memory they promised two more distribution partnerships this quarter (in new provinces)...and here we are with the first ticked off and the quarter barely a couple of weeks old. Well done. :)

silu
18-11-2016, 09:21 AM
ICYMI PeakTV talks to Richard Irving (Executive Chairman) and Ross Haghighat (Non-executive Director) of Emefcy (EMC). Excellent propects ahead for this company I think. I doubled my holding during the Trump slump.

http://www.peakassetmanagement.com.au/emc/

Trigger
18-11-2016, 01:53 PM
ICYMI PeakTV talks to Richard Irving (Executive Chairman) and Ross Haghighat (Non-executive Director) of Emefcy (EMC). Excellent propects ahead for this company I think. I doubled my holding during the Trump slump.

http://www.peakassetmanagement.com.au/emc/

Thanks for posting the link silu. I watched this video a few days ago and can thoroughly recommend it to any prospective investor who is interested in a very brief overview of the company, or for existing investors who need a recap on current status.

Great story unfolding here. 2017 will be transformational IF the company continues to tick off the milestones they have set for themsleves.

silu
25-11-2016, 10:58 AM
EMC announces another strategic China Partnership (their fourth and largest). Potential to lead to over 10,000 wastewater treatment plans meaning nearly A$800 million pipeline potential with an estimated A$130mill in the first year.

They are going from strength to strength and am happy to be a holder.

Joshuatree
25-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Dang ,thats not a part of my script; i haven't bought back in yet

"Subject to the satisfactory performance of the demonstration plant, in Phase II of this engagement, theparties anticipate signing a long-term agreement whereby CGGC INV commits to purchase at least10,000 MABR modules in the first year after signing the agreement in order to secure an exclusiveposition for the Provinces of Hubei and Hebei where the company has a substantial presence. "

silu
25-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Current MC still under 200mill!! But not for long :)

Management will host a live webcast on 6th December to discuss details.

Trigger
25-11-2016, 01:04 PM
From memory they promised contracts in three regions in China this quarter (????), this makes the fourth...wonderful news.

CGGC is a behemoth..."China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) is one of China’s largest construction and engineering companies which operates in over 100 countries, with over 4,000 successful projects, including the great Three Gorges Dam Project. CGGC INV, a wholly owned subsidiary of CGGC, is a leading enterprise both within China and internationally in the wastewater treatment, water, transportation and energy sectors".

JT...you are still in great shape in the stock picking comp. :t_up: Trading hasn't cracked the dollar again yet today. I guess it's possible that, as good as the FA on this company is now, it may well trade within its current range until some of the demo plants are certified. If those are successful, the orders will start rolling in and the brakes will come off the SP very quickly. As previous posters have pointed out, the scale of the ordering is likely to be in the thousands and tens of thousands of units. Exciting times.

OutToLunch
28-11-2016, 09:05 AM
I guess it's possible that, as good as the FA on this company is now, it may well trade within its current range until some of the demo plants are certified. If those are successful, the orders will start rolling in and the brakes will come off the SP very quickly. As previous posters have pointed out, the scale of the ordering is likely to be in the thousands and tens of thousands of units. Exciting times.

Very exciting times for this company. That announcement with CGGC was a whopper. It seems that every time I go away EMC come out with another big piece of news. I'm away again next week so here's some advance warning, buy up this week before I go...

silu
02-12-2016, 09:06 AM
From the AFR:
A company with Israeli technology, run by a Brit, looking for "patient capital" to expand into China shuns Silicon Valley and instead lists on the ASX.
The story of waste water treatment company, Emefcy confounds conventional wisdom on at least two fronts.
Firstly, Australian investors are often criticised for being overly focused on short-term outcomes, while also being sceptical about the ability of locally-listed companies to make it overseas.
"Not true", according to the Californian based chairman of Emefcy, Richard Irving, who says he chose the ASX as the investment community was more patient than venture capitalists in Silicon Valley and the local market had a better understanding of China.

Emefcy's stock price has rallied 350 per cent this year, giving the company a market value approaching $200 million. Daniel Munoz
"In California, the VC's are always looking to flip you for the next deal," he said via phone.

"We have found Australian investors more patient while the country is also appealing as it has a large number of high net worth individuals and family offices."
Irving's generosity towards Australia is hardly surprising, given Emefcy's stock price has rallied 350 per cent this year, giving the company a market value approaching $200 million.
But more interesting than the stock's performance or the eccentricity of its origins, is what it says about emerging opportunities in China.
Amid criticism by the likes of former Trade Minister Andrew Robb that Australian investment levels in China were "embarrassing", Emefcy and others including biotech play iQnovate are showing this is not entirely true.

Both highlight what China now wants from foreign companies. While food and resources will continue to be major exports for Australia, China's leadership is increasingly looking for foreign help in medical care and environmental solutions.
Emefcy is targeting the problem of raw sewerage being pumped into China's waterways, which creates algal blooms and kills fish.
In its current five-year plan, China's central government is focusing on rural areas and aims to increase the amount of treated water from just 10 per cent to 70 per cent by 2020.
The budget for such a project will run to many billions and Emefcy reckons it can capture around $800 million in sales from installing 10,000 of its modular plants over the next three to four years.

To achieve this, it has signed four joint venture partnerships in different regions across China and plans to build and have its own factory operational in Jiangsu Province by the second half of next year.
"We are moving fast," says Irving.
Cheaper to run

According to Irving, a native of London, Emefcy's advantage is that its technology is cheaper to run and install than other treatment plants and allows solar energy to be used, an important function in areas of China which are not grid-connected.

As always, the implementation will be more challenging than the big picture numbers suggest, but Emefcy's early stage success should provide some encouragement for those who doubt Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's "ideas boom" can be realised.

Joshuatree
09-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Back in with you guys today . But s/p looking weak still atp. Had FOMO but stuck to my buy price and have funds set for more but it is technically weak and KW would be admonishing me. Hope next announcement is close as it may help me beat Jenny and win the ASX comp too.:closed eyes:

OutToLunch
11-12-2016, 09:06 PM
Back in with you guys today . But s/p looking weak still atp. Had FOMO but stuck to my buy price and have funds set for more but it is technically weak and KW would be admonishing me. Hope next announcement is close as it may help me beat Jenny and win the ASX comp too.:closed eyes:

I'm surprised to see EMC back in the 80s, but then again maybe that's not so surprising given the uncertainty around Trump vs. China (who knows how that could develop) and also confirmation that WaaS is going to take longer than expected to bear fruit thanks to legislative hurdles in California. So things could drift for a bit between now and when EMC get their first certification in China. The most recent partnership they announced certainly has massive potential and certification of their demo plant in the next few months will be key to that one playing out.

Joshuatree
11-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Cheers OTL, i was surprised and happy they came back to me. Unfort an after market announcement re the release of 8 million plus shares from escrow on the 23rd plus another 8 mill voluntary is not so good in the short term.

Joshuatree
14-12-2016, 12:08 PM
1st China Demonstration Plant Commissioned Ahead of Schedule (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3112319/) This may help tad.

Installed and commissioned the plant in less than 2 weeks

silu
15-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Great announcement but the air has certainly gone out of the SP for the near term. Only seems like a short term consolidation until the next re-rate.

Joshuatree
21-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Good research piece here.
http://www.emefcy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Henslow-EMC-20_12_16.pdf

Joshuatree
27-12-2016, 11:18 AM
And more great stuff here. Im starting to get that initial , original fervour back' before i multi bagged out.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...etdvmsg5OGBdVYTIw&sig2=V8D3qg-qxI3oTEYcJXjWYw (https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/rowan-callick/turning-on-a-money-tap/news-story/1f3dceaa49a695e53432b0d12ad52373&ved=0ahUKEwjpv5jPwJDRAhUFG5QKHd6sD_IQqQIIGSgBMAA&usg=AFQjCNHAJDqNAybdketdvmsg5OGBdVYTIw&sig2=V8D3qg-qxI3oTEYcJXjWYw)

DarkHorse
27-12-2016, 08:49 PM
The research piece is really good stuff JT. I'm indebted to use for putting me onto EMC earlier on this year - thanks a million:t_up:!

gazprom1
16-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Joined the register today....thanks JT for the posts.

Gaz

Joshuatree
16-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Heres hoping guys. Can't see it doing a 350% return:t_up: this year but hope the contacts start rolling in. One caution ; i have a great contrarian researching mate who is a little sceptical about the costing(the module capex) and thinks it may be too low.

silu
24-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Looks like Auckland needs Emefcy

Auckland's water shock: Bacteria levels 'dangerously high'
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11787749

Was wondering if Emefcy technology could be a solution for the dairy communities where effluent from dairy cows is seriously polluting the waterways and water for irrigation is scarce during the dry months? I haven't thought it properly through yet but welcome any replies if this is potentially something to look at.

Joshuatree
03-02-2017, 12:34 PM
S/P very weak atp. We need more than J/V,MOU etc type announcements; we need contracts for plants. Not saying this is happening here but they can drag out these sort of announcements for years and pay themselves well and not get anywhere.S/P shows sentiment weakening atm. Need to do a basic T/A and review this.

Joshuatree
03-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Terrible chart down through all M/A.

Joshuatree
13-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Download Document 652.76KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSTYO5Q q0yhmZpfp6ke92GA%3D%3D) Another contract in Ethiopia

Trigger
07-04-2017, 04:55 PM
EMC and Lauder Water wasting no time on a joint entry into China. The back of house engineering capability offered by RWL looks to be a very good thing for EMC. Hope we don't get swallowed up too early in the piece...lots of value to added here yet.

DarkHorse
07-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Yes very interesting - worth reading out the ASX announcement re partnership with the much larger RWL Water, and checking out RWL and it's founder - the son of Estee Lauder. Appear to have very complementary knowhow and networks.

Trigger
05-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Wow...some pretty interesting things coming out the AGM right now.

https://www.rwlwater.com/intention-to-merge-emefcy-rwl-water/

Joshuatree
05-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Thanks trigger.PROPOSED MERGER IN FACT YEEHAA. i hope; haven't read full details yet.

We will be diluted to 66%. RWL will buy $27 mill of EMC @ 85c upon execution of purchase agreement.
On a combined basis, the two groups would have achieved revenues of US$62 million (A$83 million) in 2016 and anticipate sales in excess of US$90 million (A$120 million) for calendar 2017, 71% of which have already been achieved or are in backlog.

DarkHorse
05-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Wow!!! RWL is much larger and more established - has generated $60 m revenue from 7,000 installations across 70 countries. The cost to EMC is 85m worth of shares. Lauder appears to have tremendous faith in EMC proprietary technology and the synergies involved to effectively trade his company for 34% of the combined entity.

OutToLunch
06-05-2017, 02:53 PM
This is a major development for EMC.

"Ildsrud" on HC gave a very good summary of yesterday's AGM, it's worthwhile pasting it here for those interested.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/emc-agm-summary.3408258/?post_id=24514794#.WQ06QcYlF4E

Yesterday I was fortunate to escape from the office for a few hours, and I’m bloody glad I did make the effort. In my mind yesterday represented the day that EMC as we know it ends, with Fluence being unveiled to the world, to become an unstoppable force in the global water treatment market. More on this later.

The first and most important thing about EMC/Fluence is the team. This point has been stated many times over on these boards, but yesterday was the first time I had the opportunity to meet the team face to face, and they are an incredible bunch. We arrived 20 minutes early, so had an opportunity to have a one on one with Richard Irving, and discussions with Peter Marks, Ross Haghighat, Eytan Levy and Henry Charrabe. The first impression that you get from speaking with each of them is that they are so incredible personable, especially for a bunch that have founded, invested in and grown billions of dollars of shareholder value (Richard and Ross alone creating $4B and $3B respectively). Each and every one of them is up for a chat, with no pomp or self-importance, which contrasts so vividly with the pretentious ****ers that you often meet at exec levels. Each one of them is considered in their speech, clearly extremely smart, and focused on getting on with the job and achieving real results. I was particularly impressed with Henry, the incoming Fluence Group CEO, who was so incredibly humble and actually quite a funny guy. His presentation was extremely impressive and he will make an exceptional leader for Fluence going forward. One thing was for sure, each and every one of the directors was extremely excited going in to the meeting, and for good reason.
The formalities of the meeting were knocked over fairly quickly, which led straight in to the Fluence unveil and presentation. It was clear that most in the room were taken by surprised in a very good way and it was immediately apparent that this was a game changing milestone of the best possible kind.

Richard initially announced the merger between EMC and RWL, and launched straight in to a video on RWL and EMC, which featured Ron Lauder extensively, including many pictures of him with global influencers such as Donal Trump, the UN, etc. The video highlighted Ron’s excitement at EMC and RWL coming together to establish a global that will change the water treatment market.

Here is a smattering of points that I took away from the Fluence presentation from Richard and Henry:

RWL made 4 acquisitions in the first 18 months of existence, including reverse osmosis
RWL has grown revenues (USD) from $20m, $40m, $60m and are now forecasting FY17 revenue growth of 50% to roughly $120m AUD;
Richard and Ross H stated that they have been very close to the RWL team for many years, and thus it’s obvious that this merger is not the result of an overnight agreement but one that has been years in the making.
On completion of the merger, Fluence will bring together EMC’s current cash balance ($20m USD end of March), RWL’s cash balance (unknown, as they are private) and a further $20m injected from Ron Lauder. Richard stated that funding is well and truly taken care of. I’m delighted in this, because it means no loose handed insto’s taking stock in a CR and destroying the shareprice in taking their meagre gains. Even better, if those insto’s now want a piece of the action, they need to buy on market, which will substantially improve demand and thus the SP.

By all accounts it sounds like Ron Lauder is playing the long game here, holding a 34% stake in the combined entity. I have the impression he wants to see a multi-billion dollar business out of Fleunce, with no intention on exiting his position any time soon.
There is a huge gap in the water treatment market. This was stressed at great lengths, and herein lies the relative advantage of Fluence. The existing market players are huge multinational water companies, all of which are set up to serve projects price from the hundreds of millions to billions of dollars. These projects are centralised water treatment solutions, which can take years in negotiations, and over a decade to implement (Richard used the California desalination plan as an example, 15 years of contracting and construction).

The gap in the market is that there is no global player serving the smaller scale decentralised solutions that has a truly first class suite of products and a size of operations to serve needs on a global basis at scale. This is where the combined Fluence can dominate. By serving the decentralised market, of which the global opportunity is possibly >$100B, Fluence can establish itself as a leader in technological solutions, speed to market and global reach. This will make Fluence unstoppable, as they become a multinational beast, but uniquely focused on the smaller decentralised market.

The incumbent global players are simply too slow to respond to this market, with their complicated internal processes making them slow to respond to tenders and project rollouts. Henry contrasted this with RWL’s success in achieving speed to market, rolling out a 24m litre/day reverse osmosis sea water treatment plant in 8 months. This is reflective of the expectations of the smaller end of the market, where customers need solutions fast and efficiently delivered.
On products, Fluence group will have a suite of solutions spanning waste water treatment, sea water reverse osmosis, waste water to energy (methane gas), custom solutions (toxic substance removal, disinfection etc) and water re-use. This is a comprehensive product offering to meet the diverse needs to the decentralised treatment market, opening up so many verticals and potential customer groups for the company. A focus of the company will be for EMC and RWL to adapt their products into ‘containerised’ solutions that can literally be shipped straight to the customer as a ‘plug and play’ setup, which is also modular and can be scaled up as customer needs dictate. Again, this is all part of their speed to market.

Eytan Levy will transition from EMC group CEO to head of Fluence Group innovation, driving R&D and innovation across the entire product portfolio (current and future). Innovation will continue to be an important aspect of the business to ensure Fluence is brining first class solutions to its customers.
Richard spoke on the significance of both the recent US EPA certification and the Stanford University reference site. Both of these are incredibly important for sales across “the America’s”, with significant companies in California such as the global tech companies that have huge campuses wanting to see an operating plant in their jurisdiction. It can be expected that once the Stanford site is independently verified by the Stanford team there will be regular site tours by prospective customers as part of their purchasing decision.
As a combined group they will be focused on driving margin improvement across all products, leveraging the technological strengths of both companies and economies of scale in the joint operations.
A massive advantage of Fluence will be its project finance and RAAS offering to customers. This provides customers with the option to avoid capital spending by purchasing treated water on an opex basis. They used the example of a project with a capex of $24m, which generates $7m in water sales per annum. This type of project lets Fluence get paid for the plant construction up-front, paid for ongoing servicing of the plant, and taking a split of the profits from water sales each year. This type of facility has a very attractive IRR and debt and equity payback period. They talked about a 70/30 debt/equity split on this type of project and stated they are working on scalable solutions where the equity can be funded off balance sheet by third-party funders in return for a profit share, thus taking pressure off the Fluence balance sheet as these funded projects grow in number.

Richard mentioned that last week they met with $600B worth of potential debt providers and they will clearly be working hard to find a suitable finance partner. The benefit of the combined Fluence Group is that they now have scale in projects which will be more attractive to a finance partner.

Richard also restated that the valuation attached to each contracted RAAS project is far higher than for one-off plant sales, so this brings in attractive utility style valuations aspects for Fluence as a whole, which is great for marketcap appreciation.
For what it’s worth, Richard mentioned a few times that he and Ross H have been involved in Nasdaq listings, which I take as more than throw-away references. I get the feeling that the combined scale of Fluence is part of the bigger picture move to take the listing to the North American boards.

Overall it is clear that the board and management of both companies have a significant vision in mind, and they see Fluence as a future global beast with a massive valuation. I see that valuation eventually exceeding $10B now, based on the significant scale of the market the combined group can service and the sheer size of revenue, especially with a significant portion of revenues coming from long-term treatment contracts.

I can’t help but feel EMC shareholders are getting RWL for an absolute steal, owing to the fact that EMC enjoys the valuation uplift of being a listed entity, while RWL is a private company. I also feel very confident that this transaction will complete (although nothing is ever certain). The fact that EMC/RWL announce a strategic relationship, then weeks later they roll out a plant to ship to China shows they have been working together in the background for quite some time. The relationship between both parties is well advanced, it has only now become public for everyone to see, and I feel in every respect that the market is playing catch up.

From here, with no avenue to buy discounted placement shares, and Fluence becoming a global beast with $120m AUD existing revenues, I’m expecting a steady and sustained rise as global eyes turn to Fluence and buying starts to accelerate from all corners of the globe. And I can’t help but go back to the team – these guys have done this many times before ,growing billions in shareholder value. They are a class act with global connections and a global outlook. I’m backing them all the way in taking Fluence to become a global leader valued in the multi-billions. You literally could not have a better team to be working towards this feat. I am more confident on my investment that I ever have been and I know others who attended yesterday are feeling the same! Please have a detailed read of the AGM presentation, as this is a fantastic document outlining what is ahead and why Fluence is going to be such an incredible company going forward.

Good luck everyone!

Joshuatree
06-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Thanks for transferring that opinion over OTL. Heres another post byIldsrud since i wrote whats at the bottom of this post

"On the question of debt, it helps to consider that RWL's sole beneficial owner is the billionaire Ron Lauder. I would expect (although this is purely speculation) the business is funded by equity, or related party debt, but no external debt. This structure is common for private companies with wealthy shareholders. Should this be the case it could be expected that a condition precedent to the transaction is that all related party debt is converted to equity in RWL so that upon implementation of the script deal RWL comes over debt free. We will no doubt get a better picture of RWL's financial position closer to the EGM for approval of the transaction."

For some reason I'm feeling a little cautious on this until all the details are out and just what sort of company RWL is structured like; has it EVER made a profit ; debt obligations etc. it all seems too generous in one way in the early relatively unproven life of EMC and we are diluted to re 66%. Not much response t/o wise maybe monday ,if everything is amazing as it sounds .Anyways holding tight atm and there is precious little good cheer/news in many of my spekky stocks atm.Youd think a Global giant like GE would be looking to snap these up for its water divisions at some point.

Joshuatree
07-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Reading back found GE were involved in early financing for EMC and still hold shares?

"CEO Eytan Levy and CTO Ronen Shechter founded Emefcy in 2008. They are well known entrepreneurs in their field, having previously founded AqWise. Over the years, they raised $15 million from prominent investors, most of whom are still company shareholders after the current merger: Israel Cleantech Ventures, Plan B Ventures, and GE Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of General Electric."

Joshuatree
07-05-2017, 09:50 PM
In Annual report GE down to less than 1 % of shares
EMC Management hold re 14.5 million shares plus options, they will be diluted to 66% too i guess. and happy to be so !!!?
RWL you'd think would be a very profitable business with over 7000 installations( thanks Dark Horse )
Although $60 million from 7000 =$8571 per installation average?

Joshuatree
08-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Hit 1$ then back down to 90c 2,382,000 shares through. Not the reaction of a transformational deal being done atp?

Joshuatree
09-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Interview with 3 Amigos from both companies.Impressive.
http://www.peakassetmanagement.com.au/emc-2/

dela47
10-05-2017, 08:59 AM
I am trying to get my head around the market reaction in light of this proposed transaction and the current valuation.

We've seen a company that has fairly consistently been valued around the 70 - 80 cent mark continue to progress as planned with promising news flow (albeit not Chinese contracts), including obtaining EPA certification and forming strong partnerships in China. We have no indication that certification in China won't be obtained and not once have we seen this technology not deliver on its promises in any of its deployments or demonstration plants. EMC haven't yet gained traction via secured revenue in the Chinese market (and presumably the market is waiting for this as a seal of approval on the technology and proficiency of EMC) but the progress they have made has been very impressive. Either way, I feel confident that the tech and management of EMC are good enough to secure reasonable revenue in China and other markets, so we will just have to watch that play out. So a SP of 85 cents for EMC would seem an acceptable one, pre transaction.

But then we add in the likely addition of RWL to the EMC business. Successful sales infrastructure and networks, complementary products, added expertise (particularly in offering containerized one stop shop solutions), very strong management (including ex GE CTO amongst others), and a business that is growing at over 30 percent p.a. and has forecast 90 mil US revenue for 17 (of which 70 percent is booked). Not to mention the backing of Lauder and an extremely sophisticated board that helped make the decision to merge with EMC (i.e. they back EMC and its tech/management).

RWL is coming across debt free, for a price of around 85 million (I.e. bloody cheap!) and will generate a combined, revenue generating unit with a full water system offering and access to a number of markets. It's in one of the hottest industries of our future (water), and they are placing themselves not only in a multi billion dollar market (both the China rural development plan and wastewater in general) but also in a market where there isnt a huge deal of agile competition with an international reach - in terms of the 5 - 50m contract market.

I appreciate there is still uncertainty around this transaction, who RWL is, and even EMC in general as to whether it can deliver. But surely, when you consider the basic multiples of revenue that should be at play, the growth potential of the two companies and the offering that it provides investors in the highly sought after water industry, this has to be an undervaluation at current prices? Perhaps instos are still waiting for assurance around the deal and a first contract in China…but to me it seems like very good buying atm. Interested to hear other views as to why this might be a fair price...

OutToLunch
10-05-2017, 09:36 AM
I am trying to get my head around the market reaction in light of this proposed transaction and the current valuation.

We've seen a company that has fairly consistently been valued around the 70 - 80 cent mark continue to progress as planned with promising news flow (albeit not Chinese contracts), including obtaining EPA certification and forming strong partnerships in China. We have no indication that certification in China won't be obtained and not once have we seen this technology not deliver on its promises in any of its deployments or demonstration plants. EMC haven't yet gained traction via secured revenue in the Chinese market (and presumably the market is waiting for this as a seal of approval on the technology and proficiency of EMC) but the progress they have made has been very impressive. Either way, I feel confident that the tech and management of EMC are good enough to secure reasonable revenue in China and other markets, so we will just have to watch that play out. So a SP of 85 cents for EMC would seem an acceptable one, pre transaction.

But then we add in the likely addition of RWL to the EMC business. Successful sales infrastructure and networks, complementary products, added expertise (particularly in offering containerized one stop shop solutions), very strong management (including ex GE CTO amongst others), and a business that is growing at over 30 percent p.a. and has forecast 90 mil US revenue for 17 (of which 70 percent is booked). Not to mention the backing of Lauder and an extremely sophisticated board that helped make the decision to merge with EMC (i.e. they back EMC and its tech/management).

RWL is coming across debt free, for a price of around 85 million (I.e. bloody cheap!) and will generate a combined, revenue generating unit with a full water system offering and access to a number of markets. It's in one of the hottest industries of our future (water), and they are placing themselves not only in a multi billion dollar market (both the China rural development plan and wastewater in general) but also in a market where there isnt a huge deal of agile competition with an international reach - in terms of the 5 - 50m contract market.

I appreciate there is still uncertainty around this transaction, who RWL is, and even EMC in general as to whether it can deliver. But surely, when you consider the basic multiples of revenue that should be at play, the growth potential of the two companies and the offering that it provides investors in the highly sought after water industry, this has to be an undervaluation at current prices? Perhaps instos are still waiting for assurance around the deal and a first contract in China…but to me it seems like very good buying atm. Interested to hear other views as to why this might be a fair price...

The market action is puzzling given the fundamentals behind this tie-up, or even behind EMC on its own. Presumably there are traders cashing in from lower levels and/or the bigger players awaiting confirmation before buying in. Nice to know that from now on the only way for anyone to get shares is to buy on-market as there will be no more capital raising.

Trigger
10-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Some good posts on here in the last few days. Thanks all.

Like others, I find the SP action a bit mystifying. I have come to the conclusion that EMC is still stuck in a pre-RWL time warp. By that I mean all the talk then was about China, and perhaps the market still wants validation of that strategy (read multiple certifications and then orders) first.

Take it as read that RWL don't need that validation - they have literally just put their money where their mouth is. I am going to pull some cash from the barking end of my portfolio and buy a few more EMC before things really hot up later in the year. Follow the smart money as they say.

OutToLunch
10-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Got a small handful more on the open, these prices seem too good to be true. I expect there needs to be a bit more certainty around the transaction and revenues before the market takes this more seriously, but by that time the price could be quite a lot higher, barring anything unforeseen. The potential is enormous, especially when you factor in the urgent and increasing global need for water + water treatment, the quality of the management team and the fact that the combined entity will be debt-free and not likely to capital raise in the future. And we're now less dependent on China on its own as the new Fluence will be a truly global player.

Joshuatree
16-05-2017, 10:49 AM
EMC Announces Planned First Commercial Deployment in China. Saying and doing all the right things; just don't like the over promotion myself.
PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01857548)

OutToLunch
16-05-2017, 11:45 AM
EMC Announces Planned First Commercial Deployment in China. Saying and doing all the right things; just don't like the over promotion myself.
PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01857548)

I wouldn't call this over-promotion, this is their first commercial deployment in China (not a demo plant) and so it is a very significant milestone. I'd call it over-promotion if they announced every single commercial sale from now on unless they were pioneering sales (first for new customer/region/product), but this one deserves a few bright lights on it.

dela47
17-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Dropped as low as 82 today despite yesterday's news. Fair bit of fluctuation (or for the more emotive among us, manipulation) going on.

Surely the prospects of the company are far more advance than they were months ago pre merger potential and China advancement. Can't see who'd be selling for a failure to deliver on expectations, when you can't have realistically asked for a whole lot more at this stage given the nature of the task they're tackling.

Interesting to watch.

Joshuatree
24-05-2017, 11:33 AM
By over promotion i mean the way they pump themselves; no need for it; I've seen it done on way lesser stocks leading to a lack of confidence e.g. AJX. Meanwhile;

Third China deal in 8 days
Emefcy announces third commercial agreement in China (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3444249/)

silu
24-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Emefcy has the potential to be an industry behemoth. Anything under $1 seems to be on the cheap site if they continue on this trajectory. Thinking of topping up when more detailed merger news with RWL come out. Anyone thinks that they may give existing shareholders an opportunity to top up at 85c?

silu
25-05-2017, 11:34 AM
EMC in a Trading Halt. I guess we will find out soon the exact details about the RWL merger. Me hopes that some of us can get on the 85c gravy train too.

Joshuatree
26-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Signed and sealed merger. Presentation here.PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01860541) Could this become a Mega company , maybe, i don't know atp but a happy holder, being free carried plus, I'm in position to see if they can execute and grow and see some decent revenue on the sheets.

Elles
26-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Emefcy has the potential to be an industry behemoth. Anything under $1 seems to be on the cheap site if they continue on this trajectory. Thinking of topping up when more detailed merger news with RWL come out. Anyone thinks that they may give existing shareholders an opportunity to top up at 85c?

Would be nice, but don't see why they'd offer extra shares to existing shareholders, the new shares will be bought by RWL at 85c but they don't need to raise further capital.

silu
02-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Video of interest about Emefcy's merger with RWL creating Fluence: https://player.vimeo.com/video/219256083

silu
19-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Emefcy merger all done and dusted with new ticker code FLC (Fluence Corp). How can we change the Thread header?

dela47
20-07-2017, 09:53 PM
FLC well poised for a strong second half of the year. Good buying opportunities at these levels in my mind - sitting lower than Ron Lauder's entry price. Interested to hear some other opinions?

silu
21-07-2017, 09:25 AM
This is a conviction stock for me. Don't really care about short term fluctuations in SP. IMHO this is a billion dollar company in the making.

Elles
01-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Emefcy merger all done and dusted with new ticker code FLC (Fluence Corp). How can we change the Thread header?

Does anyone know whether the EMC ticker code in ANZ Securities portfolio will change by itself, or will I need to manually change it to FLC? The Turners ticker code change went automatically but maybe this won't as it's ASX?

duncan22
03-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know whether the EMC ticker code in ANZ Securities portfolio will change by itself, or will I need to manually change it to FLC? The Turners ticker code change went automatically but maybe this won't as it's ASX?

It should have already changed itself in your Portfolio - you'll need to update it in any watchlists you have however.

Elles
03-08-2017, 07:52 PM
It should have already changed itself in your Portfolio - you'll need to update it in any watchlists you have however.
Thanks for your response, for me it hasn't updated in my portfolio, so have emailed ANZ.

silu
04-08-2017, 10:03 AM
fwiw they told me to copy the transactions from the original EMC code and manually enter them under FLC

silu
04-08-2017, 11:53 AM
In Trading Halt regarding a strategic capital investment by a well-known global fund. About time the big boys & girls are waking up to Fluence's potential.

Joshuatree
04-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Thanks and WooHoo!. Still a while before the company is in profit so I'm glad I'm set but patience required.

Elles
07-08-2017, 08:38 PM
fwiw they told me to copy the transactions from the original EMC code and manually enter them under FLC
Yes, I was told the same. Easy enough to do, just expected it to happen automatically...

Trading halt continues today, will be interesting to see if there's much reaction when back on the market. I'm happy to hold onto my shares and see how the new company does over the next years.

silu
08-08-2017, 12:03 PM
They raised A$11m at 85c. 10mil of those to a US based Institutional Investor but no name given.

Joshuatree
23-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Lots of great announcements and maybe a breakout today on good volume or is it a 3rd Fakeout?. "Weird scenes in the Goldmine" with this stock.

Another NIROBOX Smart Packaged Plant Solution Win for FLC (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3773949/)
Fluence Investor Presentation (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3743805/)
FLC Selected By African Nation To Negotiate US$100M Plant (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3684744/)
Fluence Corporation Limited Wins First SUBRE Contract (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3740871/)

DarkHorse
23-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Thank you JT - I can't keep up with all the HC posts. I'm hopeful they will reach a tipping point where their technology shows itself to be reliable and effective in a number of sites over a reasonable period of time. If so there's every reason to expect mcap will will be 10 times bigger. If you don't own it it's certainly one to keep on your watchlist.

Joshuatree
30-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Couldn't find this thread when i entered Fluence FLC had to scroll through the ASX threads, somethings gone awry with the search function here admin. same with other searches i and others have done.

An announcement that was sorely needed re the sale of 6 plants in china will hopefully be followed by more and get the s/p back on track.

PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01928288)

Elles
16-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Chart looking pretty awful ($0.47 at present) but fundamentals are sound. Seems a good time to buy to me, even if it's hard to pick the bottom.

Dej
17-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Chart looking pretty awful ($0.47 at present) but fundamentals are sound. Seems a good time to buy to me, even if it's hard to pick the bottom.

Agreed.

Worst part is that nagging feeling of "is there something I dont know" but I cannot pick it.

Lots of commentary on HC, as usual.

silu
17-01-2018, 04:31 PM
I have sold down to only 4k shares left as the sinking SP on lack of announcements have mired the waters a bit too much for me. Still a believer in they technology, potential still huge. Currently operating with a 200m MC so that thing could move.

Joshuatree
04-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Im still holding this without a lot of conviction and certainly not suggesting anyone look at it. Maybe some profit in 2019. 4 recent contracts .looks like re $100 mill in rev for the year doable.
"The current 13th 5 Year Plan, which covers 2016-2020, specifies that 70% of wastewater in rural areas must be treated, up from 10% atthestartofthefiveyearperiod. AsoneoftheleasturbanizedprovincesinChina,GuizhouPr ovinceisastrategic target market for Jinzi and Fluence due to its extensive wastewater treatment needs."

Growing Aspiral sales momentum in Guizhou Province, China 2 pages 211.4KB (https://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01996623)

silu
04-07-2018, 11:27 AM
The one thing I've learned about FLC is that it takes way way longer than anticipated to generate real sales after doing all that groundwork. Actually lucky they got in bed with RWL otherwise they would have had to resort to CR to stay afloat. Things will definitely get better but it will be at its own pace and nothing overnight.

silu
09-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Slowly, steadily the contracts are coming in. Happy with my current small holding and no intention to add but I think the partnership with RWL is starting to bare some fruit.

OutToLunch
09-08-2018, 07:50 PM
FLC are coming to life, I think. I like the diversity of their contracts (multiple industries and jurisdictions). The US deal could progress to something quite significant too. It's been frustrating holding this one while watching the likes of A2 fly through the roof, but I think FLC are looking very good now.

Joshuatree
09-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Its good , they need to keep coming;i think back to the thousands that were going to happen in china

https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSTYO5Ay%2 ByRaZpfp6ke92GA%3D%3D

OutToLunch
11-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Yes, I remember that well. We shareholders are extremely fortunate that EMC merged with RWL, otherwise I think EMC would have been bled dry by now. The merged entity, with its greater reach and diversity, is starting to look quite promising but that's not to say it's been plain sailing so far. The coming 6-12 months will be very interesting.

16-08-2018, 12:42 PM
I agree with the earlier posts, there's something about the company that doesn't give reassurance, even-though the press releases are coming out. Then when you measure the company against say BRL or even AGD its a bit scary.
I wish them well but got out with a few bob in the pocket and honour intact.

silu
15-10-2018, 09:05 AM
We had some good news late on Friday:

Fluence signs agreement with existing China customer for anticipated Aspiral™ sales
estimated at minimum US$45M over three years
Aspiral™ units will treat wastewater along the highway system in central China
Approximately 80 plants are expected to be delivered during the coming 18 months

https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/flc.asx-3A503065/

discl. hold

Arthur
15-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Between that and the Mexican deals things appear to be going to plan. The worry is that the shareprice suggests there are undisclosed issues

silu
15-10-2018, 11:03 AM
And more this morning:

Fluence secures another strategic MABR sale in the USA
First sale of MABR modules to a large system integrator in the USA
MABR modules to be incorporated into a wastewater treatment system for a mobile home park
MABR modules will increase treatment capacity and efficiency of the system,
while achieving high effluent quality that meets Oregon DEQ regulations

https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/flc.asx-3A503102/

I'm not big into FLC. I have a small(ish) parcel sitting just in the green. Lets see if all of this is starting to bear some serious fruit soon. I don't have the figures on me but aren't there an awful lot of shares to be issued out there? I think shareholder dilution might be the biggest handbrake on this coy.

silu
01-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Sitting on the fence whether I should participate in the SPP at 37c. However the latest string of contract announcements makes me think they are slowly starting to get into gear. I was always aware that the pace with this will be glacial. They are dealing with local councils, municipalities, large industry players etc. Hardly the sort of people who can make quick decisions. However, the small parcel I have is firmly held in my long-term portfolio.

Elles
01-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Sitting on the fence whether I should participate in the SPP at 37c. However the latest string of contract announcements makes me think they are slowly starting to get into gear. I was always aware that the pace with this will be glacial. They are dealing with local councils, municipalities, large industry players etc. Hardly the sort of people who can make quick decisions. However, the small parcel I have is firmly held in my long-term portfolio.

Yes agree that last few announcements have been very positive, good to see the projects getting started as this will encourage others to follow.
I won't participate in the SPP though, already have more than I should and don't have an Australian bank account so can't do the easy BPay option. As long as the share price doesn't drop back to the SPP price I expect it will be oversubscribed and scaled back, so may not get full allocation anyway.

Joshuatree
27-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Download Document 500.05KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentembed?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSTYP4g%2B 6zheZpvt6ke92GA%3D%3D) 165 million Euro contract. Sheesh maybe i will get my money back on this!

Elles
18-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Is anyone with TA skills able to comment on the share price trend? It's above the 30 and 100 day MA now so I'm pleased to see it going up again.

silu
20-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Slowly but steadily Fluence is starting to kick goals. We need a close over 40c which I think after today's announcement won't be an issue. After that 50c, 74c?

silu
28-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Slowly but steadily Fluence is starting to kick goals. We need a close over 40c which I think after today's announcement won't be an issue. After that 50c, 74c?

Over 50c now. Hope it closes above it. After that and another announcement 70c+?

silu
28-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Wonderful close at 53c the day high. Very happy to have averaged down not long ago at 31c. Now sitting on a nice profit. Will continue to hold and maybe add more on weakness. I believe the tide has turned. Now lets hope the board manages to add shareholder return when revenues rise and profit starts kicking in.

DarkHorse
28-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Nice to see a director buy first shares - $150K worth. Non-exec but one of top guys at Macquarie so must have a few clues on business and valuation.

silu
10-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Hopefully not another false flag rise in FLC and better not just on the coattails of PET that flew under my radar. Up to 56c today. Sitting on a profit but boy this is a cruise liner that hopefully can't be stopped the moment it gathers steam.

Joshuatree
31-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Been scrolling back through the threads, my the early days were heady exciting and profitable with great promise BUT they are still not profitable, keep promising they will be and keep raising funds, most recently over A$40 mill @ 44c (S/P 40.5c atm). Still has promise of scaling up , hold a few but news like below is wearing thin, these "timing issues" A hold at best to this stale pale male imo.

"Update on Ivory Coast ProjectFluence also wishes to provide an update regarding the status of the €165 million desalination project with the Federal Government of Ivory Coast that was signed in February 2019. Although not a party to the Agreement, Fluence understands that financial close is now expected to occur during Q4 2019 (and not by the end of Q3 2019 as previously disclosed). Such shift in timing is not expected to have any impact on Fluence’s ability to recognize up to US$20 million of revenue in Q4 nor on achieving sustainable EBITDA profitability."

wizAlvin
31-12-2019, 12:53 PM
only 30 + hours to get your 2020 picks in .... about ONE DAY