PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Road Creamery

kiora
15-01-2016, 07:57 AM
Time for IPO?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10871828

LAC
15-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Old article, but I remember reading it and I enquired with Lewis Road via email and personally at the Food show and both times they said they are no longer looking at listing. It was the time of their incredible rise of the chocolate milk so now with the craze disappearing it may be a good time to inquire again:)

Zaphod
15-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Overhyped IMO, but doesn't mean you couldn't make a decent buck out of this.

kiora
15-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Overhyped IMO, but doesn't mean you couldn't make a decent buck out of this.

ATM or LRC ?:)

Sideshow Bob
15-01-2016, 06:37 PM
ATM or LRC ?:)

no question.......ATM! :cool: Just branding......

troyvdh
15-01-2016, 09:49 PM
...have tried it...it was OK...why the hype.....hype on hype perhaps...just saying

kiora
15-03-2017, 10:18 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/90470214/lewis-road-creamery-heading-to-australia-china-united-kingdom

janner
16-03-2017, 01:31 AM
...have tried it...it was OK...why the hype.....hype on hype perhaps...just saying

Hmmm.. Another " Candle " in the wind perhaps...

Looks to me to be very Boutique.. With a perishable product..

Lewylewylewy
19-03-2017, 07:05 AM
I don't drink any other milk than this one.

Doesn't seem to ever be nearing it's use by date in my supermarket.

It's the craft beer of milk, I'd buy shares in that (assuming there's still growth left)

LAC
20-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Their butter isnt too shabby either, tried their green labeled one this weekend (with salt flakes) it's pretty damn good. Not sure about buying shares tho...the other milk drinks don't seem to be flying off the shelves.

Joshuatree
20-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Curious as to what you've observed re "the other milk drinks don't seem to be flying off the shelves". I looked at their products yesterday and decided too pricey for me.At a glance the shelves weren't full of their product and i don't know how often they restock. Buying unhomogenised milk is one of my criteria. Don't think they have this but
please correct me if they do.

LAC
20-03-2017, 09:07 AM
They do have the silver top range which I think is unhomogenised - my mom loves this, I have tried this once but they honestly dont keep too long and I ended up chucking the rest out within a few days. Their cream is great but bit pricey for me when the anchor one is half that price:) What I was referring to as milk products not flying off the shelf was their other milk shake sort of drinks, the espresso, strawberry and vanilla are always in large numbers left in our local supermarket....can always get my hand on those if I need them but the chocolate ones are still hard to find - those seem to still be doing well.
The chocolate butter is really really really good but the price tag is ridiculous - bought it once but I dont think my bank balance can take that hit again:))

kizame
21-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Chocolate milk is chocolate milk really,I tried a bottle to see what all the fuss was about,I paid about $6 something for the bottle (not very big) I'm sure i could have got a 2ltre one of a different brand for the same price,but it all tastes the same,all chocolate milk is nice.

huxley
25-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Highly recommend their double espresso ice coffee, rich& strong, no "fake" flavour, so so good. Dunno if I'd jump into an ipo, but they're really good at value added products.

silverblizzard888
25-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Chocolate milk is chocolate milk really,I tried a bottle to see what all the fuss was about,I paid about $6 something for the bottle (not very big) I'm sure i could have got a 2ltre one of a different brand for the same price,but it all tastes the same,all chocolate milk is nice.

Perhaps you had heighten expectations, but make no mistake their chocolate milk is much more delicious then the traditional bottle of milk. They do have a few more competitors in the space but they do make a quality product for sure.

kiora
03-03-2020, 04:28 AM
Going well in USA.Southern Pastures now shareholder
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/119797627/lewis-road-creamery-grassfed-butter-hits-whole-foods-supermarket-shelves-in-us