PDA

View Full Version : Settings......please advise

GR8DAY
04-02-2016, 09:37 AM
......can anyone tell me what preference settings I should be using so Im seeing any "fresh" discussions on ANY/ALL subjects? I thought my opening page on ST was set to highlight (in bold) any new discussions I hadnt read BUT I dont think this is the case eg Ive been chatting on the thread "How many Stocks Do You Own" but the thread was buried somewhere else so I didnt pick up on the replys until I went hunting for it (if that makes sense?)

So my question: Is there a better Opening Page to set so EVERY fresh unopened thread is displayed (in bold). Im picking it's a SETTINGS thing?

Thanx in advance

skid
04-02-2016, 09:41 AM
I seem to remember having a similar problem in the past but cant remember the exact way i remedied it --perhaps try display in right hand corner above post(I dont wanrt to try myself for fear of stuffing something up):)

GR8DAY
04-02-2016, 09:53 AM
...cheers SKID, I hadnt noticed those options. Agree all a bit scary playing with these things..........hmmmmm shall I , shan't I ???

winner69
04-02-2016, 10:14 AM
I just click n the 'New Posts' button at the top of the list just under the advertising stuff

Highlights / lists new posts since last visit

Can't recall gong into settings

kerryo
04-02-2016, 10:26 AM
......can anyone tell me what preference settings I should be using so Im seeing any "fresh" discussions on ANY/ALL subjects? I thought my opening page on ST was set to highlight (in bold) any new discussions I hadnt read BUT I dont think this is the case eg Ive been chatting on the thread "How many Stocks Do You Own" but the thread was buried somewhere else so I didnt pick up on the replys until I went hunting for it (if that makes sense?)

So my question: Is there a better Opening Page to set so EVERY fresh unopened thread is displayed (in bold). Im picking it's a SETTINGS thing?

Thanx in advance

Make sure you are logged in GR8DAY.

GR8DAY
04-02-2016, 10:44 AM
..cheers. Yep all logged in (must be logged in to reply etc). I'll try New Posts thnx WINNER. Im just hoping to be able to see ALL the latest posts/replies etc highlighted as un-read on Opening Page.......and not just some of them.?

LAC
04-02-2016, 10:59 AM
"New post" on top left will get all the new posts in the entire forum. But if your homepage is already set to a Market like mine is set to "NZX" then just make sure you have "Last post" selected with the small black arrow facing down and save that as your home page.

GR8DAY
04-02-2016, 12:30 PM
.....cheers LAC, sounds like the answer.