PDA

View Full Version : NZ Bond market data? Any help will be appreciated.

rkum070
12-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Hi guys,

Hoping all you wise heads can help me out here. I'm rather interested in infrastructure procurement and am looking at penning an article on 'Green Bonds.' More specifically, the potential for Green Bonds in New Zealand.

I have a rudimentary understanding of the finance world and was hoping someone could advise as to where I could find data on the NZ bond market i.e. what proportion of investors take out bonds/ what proportion of kiwisaver funds invest in bonds etc.

Just need to get an understanding of NZ appetite for bonds.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Rik

macduffy
24-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Hi rkum

Your post has sat unmolested for nearly a fortnight now and hasn't attracted any respense to date - so here's a few tentative thoughts.

Without being too unkind, I wonder if you are qualified to write an article on green bonds with only a "rudimentary understanding of the finance world". I would have thought that that came first and that you hung the "green " bit around some deeper knowledge of the bond market. Being more positive though, there has always been a fair to strong demand for good quality corporate bonds in NZ and this has probably been enhanced by the advent of Kiwisaver with its large component of conservative funds - largely cash deposits and bonds, I would imagine. A good starting point for you may be to contact some of the bigger Kiwisaver providers and seek information/tap their brains! NZX Debt Securities listings would provide some info on bond outstandings and turnover. Good luck!