PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Meeting - Brunch in the Sky ! Sunday 6 March 11.30 Orbit Restaurant

Beagle
16-02-2016, 03:02 PM
https://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/restaurants/orbit/

With such challenging markets this year getting some investors a little downcast, this year I thought we'd dispense with any notion of the need for austerity and live it up a bit !
All welcome, come along and get a new perspective on Auckland's landscape and hopefully some perspective from fellow investors on the outlook and strategy for 2016.
Rumour has it that one former legend who no longer posts will be there to share some wisdom.
I need to know numbers by 29 February to make the booking so please let me know by PM, e.mail or in this thread.

Please note the dining terms and conditions, minimum spend is $30 average which includes your trip up the Sky tower. Maximum dining time is 2 hours but included / optional is a trip up to the next level, observation level, where's there a cafe's and supplementary beverage and dining options so those keen for a longer chat and an even higher viewpoint will not be disappointed :)

Please also note parking options and that casual parking rates are fairly expensive at Sky City. Option of spending $40 in one sitting, (surely not that hard with a couple of drinks during brunch) get heavily discounted parking or otherwise parking in the Downtown carpark a reasonably short distance away is only $2 hour on the weekend.

Should be a great day. Meet in the restaurant, ask for the share trader group table when you arrive.

Rep
22-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Good luck getting a Downtown car park on that particular day - it's the Round The Bays date

Beagle
22-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the heads-up.

Beagle
27-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Just a reminder folks that I need to know confirmed numbers by Monday.

Robomo
27-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Love to be there Roger, unfortunately I'm flying down to Christchurch trying my best to support AirNZ and push that SP up.
Hope its successful and that it may be the first of many!!
Cheers

Beagle
27-02-2016, 01:25 PM
Thanks Robomo. It would be nice to meet you next time. Cosy little group of 5 (mostly professionals), at this stage so all welcome, the more the merrier.

Blendy
01-03-2016, 09:05 PM
I would like to come too! Long time member, but haven't been very active for ages (mostly lurking)

Beagle
03-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Hi Blendy, you are most welcome to come along. Unfortunately, and not for the first time that I've made plans for Orbit they're full. (Book a long way ahead if you want to go to this restaurant is my advice).

So regrettably I've had to change the venue to the Fortuna Buffet Restaurant at Sky City. $25.90. https://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/restaurants/fortuna-buffet-restaurant/

To the best of my knowledge, (haven't been for a few years), Fortuna is located on the same level as the main gaming floor and is outside and adjacent to the main entrance to the gaming floor.

Meet and greet outside the entrance to Fortuna at 11.30. I will have a toy dog, (most appropriate symbolism in my opinion of how the market has been year to date), so people will recognise the ST group.

Please bring your car parking ticket so it can be validated after the meal for a much more palatable parking charge, (wouldn't want people to get indigestion from their regular steep pricing) and if as many people as possible can pay with cash that would make settling the bill after the meal easier as they only allow one bill per table).

I will also contact everyone by Pm and / or e.mail to let them know this change of venue.

Should be a good gathering :)

fiasco
06-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Thanks again for arranging this Roger, was great to talk to a few fellow members and gain some knowledge on other industries. Looking forward to the next one definitely!

Apologies to those who I didn't manage to talk to before shooting off!

forest
06-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Great meeting Roger, good to see a few new faces. Enjoyed the humer in the bar afterwards.

Roger admitted that just sometimes he can be persistent and have blinkers on. :)

see weed
06-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Thanks Roger. Should we mention the meetings top pickings for the next 6 months?

stoploss
06-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Thanks Roger. Should we mention the meetings top pickings for the next 6 months?

AIR.NZ, AIZ.ax ?

Beagle
07-03-2016, 08:42 AM

Trying to find PGW on the list...must be Forest's hieroglyphics note-taking that missed it seeing as a takeover is imminent :)

Get em up tomorrow when I have some more time but in the meantime thanks to all that attended and I trust we all had a great time :)

Beagle
07-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Seems like the dozen of us had such a good time yesterday, especially those that kicked on at the bar late into the afternoon afterwards and listened to all the good jokes, (thank you Vaygor1), that there's several punters keen for round 2 today !!

Meet at 12.00 noon today at the America's cup info centre in the Viaduct harbour and we'll go from there. All welcome.

Blendy
07-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone! It was a great catch up and I'm keen to attend more events. I can't come today unfortunately but am happy to meet up with anyone for a coffee or drink any time! There's a few people I didn't get to talk to properly, so I look forward to the next event.

brend
07-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Seems like the dozen of us had such a good time yesterday, especially those that kicked on at the bar late into the afternoon afterwards and listened to all the good jokes, (thank you Vaygor1), that there's several punters keen for round 2 today !!

Meet at 12.00 noon today at the America's cup info centre in the Viaduct harbour and we'll go from there. All welcome.

bugger you guys!! I have a course on taxation of land disposals.

Beagle
07-03-2016, 04:45 PM

I reckon we'll keep that up our sleeve eh..bit of fun to look back on and enjoy at the next meeting.

Another great lunch today. Special thank you to Vaygor1 for making the trip down and KW for making the trip up :)

Vaygor1
09-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Thanks Roger and nice to meet everyone that rocked up on the Sunday and the Monday.
Wished I had more time on the Monday. I have not checked my personal emails at all since then... will check them soon... and have just logged into ST for the 1st time since too.

I note the groups picks are posted on the SUM thread... but it's all by-the-by really as RYM takes off by June and wins the 6-month award and I get to relish in the a pint care of Rogers wallet. :))

So what could possibly be in common between our national carrier and scuba diving?.... AIR TANKS ??

Haha.... Only kidding Roger as I'm sure you will know. I am pretty sure I will be the one forking out for the amber liquid at the next meet.

Beagle
10-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Many thanks for making the trip down mate. It was a real pleasure to meet you and other's I've had many enjoyable discussions and debates with on the forum before, as well as new faces.