PDA

View Full Version : Setting up automatic stock notifications

Buffett Jr
01-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Instead of logging into my broker each day, is there any way to set up email notifications whenever companies I own or on my watch list announce something?

Most days I log in, no announcement, then log straight back out which seems like wasted time.

I'm looking for both NZX and ASX. I'm with ASB securities if this makes any difference.

Snow Leopard
01-03-2016, 07:11 PM
I bet you want something that is free as well.

Sharesight (http://sharesight.com.au/pricing/) might do it for you as a sideline on all the useful stuff it does.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Hectorplains
01-03-2016, 07:26 PM
https://www.google.co.nz/alerts

Gives you the days news stories for chosen companies (or whatever) - sends notification to your email. Downside: is always from the previous day.

Harvey Specter
01-03-2016, 07:28 PM
I think ANZ sends out emails every time a company does an announcement.

Don't think Sharesight does.

macduffy
01-03-2016, 08:37 PM
ShareCafe does it for ASX listed stocks.

:)

Mike Johnson
01-03-2016, 08:45 PM
I use 4 traders

BC_Doc
01-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Investorpa.com. You can set it so that it emails you the second an announcement for a company in your watchlist makes it on the exchange. Works a treat for nzx and asx

Lewylewylewy
02-03-2016, 06:49 AM
I use an Android app called stock tracker. You don't get announcement alerts, but you can get price change alerts. I find it doesn't always alert me

Baa_Baa
02-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Investorpa.com. You can set it so that it emails you the second an announcement for a company in your watchlist makes it on the exchange. Works a treat for nzx and asx

Thanks BC_Doc ... will give it a try out. Welcome to ST.

BC_Doc
02-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Thanks BC_Doc ... will give it a try out. Welcome to ST.

No worries, let us know how it goes. I have found it very useful although it does at times clog your email because you get every announcement made by every company on your watchlist. :t_up:

Radler
02-03-2016, 09:36 AM
ANZ does it if you have a share account with them. When you add one to your watchlist there is an option to check for email announcements. If it's on your list already then select edit on the far right and the check the announcement box.
Works well for me

LAC
02-03-2016, 09:47 AM
ANZ does it if you have a share account with them. When you add one to your watchlist there is an option to check for email announcements. If it's on your list already then select edit on the far right and the check the announcement box.
Works well for me
Does anyone know if ASB sec has this feature? I cant see anything but maybe I aint looking well enough...