PDA

View Full Version : Computershare tax summaries

macduffy
08-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Has anyone had any success in responding to the recent email offering tax summaries?

"Please wait"is the best I've been able to get today!

:mad ;:

iceman
09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Has anyone had any success in responding to the recent email offering tax summaries?

"Please wait"is the best I've been able to get today!

:mad ;:

I just downloaded mine from their website http://www.computershare.com/nz/Pages/EndOfYearTaxSummary.aspx

Quick and easy :)

macduffy
09-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Thanks, iceman. Seems I have two accounts, passwords etc. Using the wrong one!

:blush::blush::blush:

09-04-2016, 03:27 PM
With 3 different accounts( mine, wifes and trust) and two share registries in NZ it would cost me $240+ for these summaries. Think how much money they could make if they were not so greedy.
The information is all there just waiting for a request to email it out.

GTM 3442
09-04-2016, 05:50 PM
It took me about ten minutes in total to get summaries from both Link and Computershare

The pricing, however, is such that it is on the borderline of practicality.

fungus pudding
09-04-2016, 06:07 PM
It took me about ten minutes in total to get summaries from both Link and Computershare

The pricing, however, is such that it is on the borderline of practicality.

At what stage do they request payment? No tax for me to pay as my stuff is all PIES. Just to see what happened I clicked on purchase at the bottom of list of holdings expecting to be asked for payment but not intending to purchase - but I simply got an email listing my holdings. Said it was an acknowledgement that I completed a transaction. Hope I don't have to pay for what I knew anyway.

Cricketfan
10-04-2016, 09:20 AM
With 3 different accounts( mine, wifes and trust) and two share registries in NZ it would cost me $240+ for these summaries. Think how much money they could make if they were not so greedy.
The information is all there just waiting for a request to email it out.

Sharesight gives you tax summaries, even the free version (though the report may only show 10 shares). You'd still be better off paying for Sharesight than paying $240+ the share registries!

10-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Sharesight gives you tax summaries, even the free version (though the report may only show 10 shares). You'd still be better off paying for Sharesight than paying $240+ the share registries!

I don't pay for them at all. Far too expensive. I simply run spread sheets. Once created it is just a matter of putting in the new figures each year.

Thanks for the info on sharesight.

waikare
17-04-2016, 07:03 AM
I share the same view as you 777, and also run a annual spread sheet.

I don't pay for them at all. Far too expensive. I simply run spread sheets. Once created it is just a matter of putting in the new figures each year.

Thanks for the info on sharesight.

GTM 3442
17-04-2016, 05:17 PM
At what stage do they request payment? No tax for me to pay as my stuff is all PIES. Just to see what happened I clicked on purchase at the bottom of list of holdings expecting to be asked for payment but not intending to purchase - but I simply got an email listing my holdings. Said it was an acknowledgement that I completed a transaction. Hope I don't have to pay for what I knew anyway.

I was invoiced and I paid At the point of placing the order.

My assumption is that because your experience was an odd one - asked for (a), got (b) - it was with Computershare.

fungus pudding
17-04-2016, 05:21 PM
I was invoiced and I paid At the point of placing the order.

My assumption is that because your experience was an odd one - asked for (a), got (b) - it was with Computershare.

Yes, it was. Nothing charged at all. Thanks for reply.

Bobdn
17-05-2016, 06:02 PM
I got a tax summary from Computershare because I was curious as I haven't done a tax return in a decade. Realized after having looked at it that I could just pull everything I need off the site so didn't bother to get one for NZ Market link as well. I did my tax return on 11 May (online) and my refund was deposited into my account on 16 May. Couldn't believe how efficient it was.

GTM 3442
20-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I got a tax summary from Computershare because I was curious as I haven't done a tax return in a decade. Realized after having looked at it that I could just pull everything I need off the site so didn't bother to get one for NZ Market link as well. I did my tax return on 11 May (online) and my refund was deposited into my account on 16 May. Couldn't believe how efficient it was.

Yes, after the investment of several gazillion dollars on various IT hardware, IRD are now matching the turnaround time they managed in the mid 1970s.

Hoorah for progress!

craic
26-05-2016, 09:30 AM

Two years in a row I just phoned IRD and told them I could not manage their return site. I just gave the my dividend total, tax paid etc and they paid within days. Tried the same today and was told the figures had been entered, would be processed, ring back in June and may be able to provide a result, payment in August? I would receive some note in August anyway? - Seems I got the tealady.