PDA

View Full Version : Is it overrun?

Lewylewylewy
10-04-2016, 08:16 AM
In line with a few conversations on this forum about overrun share prices, I thought it might be fun to play a game.

How out works: you have to take the company mentioned at the end of the last post, say whether you think the price is overrun and why, then pick another company for the next person to comment on. The same company can be mentioned multiple times, but you can't end your post with the same company you started with.

I'll pick the first company to start things off:

SUM

winner69
10-04-2016, 08:23 AM
In line with a few conversations on this forum about overrun share prices, I thought it might be fun to play a game.

How out works: you have to take the company mentioned at the end of the last post, say whether you think the price is overrun and why, then pick another company for the next person to comment on. The same company can be mentioned multiple times, but you can't end your post with the same company you started with.

SUM

SUM

Still very much undervalued - plenty of upside based on projected F16 build rate and earnings

FBU

stoploss
10-04-2016, 08:36 AM
SUM

Still very much undervalued - plenty of upside based on projected F16 build rate and earnings

FBU

Not overrun but will muddle along , any one division at any time will be beset with a problem , competition from Bunnings , leaky building crisis , downturn in housing market ,less government spending on infrastructure projects ....

MCK

Hectorplains
10-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Not overrun but will muddle along , any one division at any time will be beset with a problem , competition from Bunnings , leaky building crisis , downturn in housing market ,less government spending on infrastructure projects ....

MCK

Doesn't run at all! Chart is a like a Canterbury Plains topographical map. Dividend yield is tiny. Got some kick on from highly positive tourism situation but nothing to ring the bells about. CDL offers development option but it too hardly sets the boards ablaze. Probably priced fairly?

CEN

NZSilver
10-04-2016, 11:10 AM
CEN

Good solid assets, paying a div, recent sell down by origin and the company moving to cash generation rather than following overseas ventures should see div increase. They need to start increasing customer numbers however. I see it worth 5.20-5.60. Cf other genetailers it has preformed poorly in terms of SP. I'm happy to hold as first bought at 4.60, take divs & single digit sp growth.

EBOr RBD, or SKC

Beagle
10-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Nigel Morrison looks really tired and the price has taken a fair haircut since announcing his retirement, some would say it had overrun.

AIA, POT, FPH or any other stock you like on a PE of circa 30.

iceman
10-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Nigel Morrison looks really tired and the price has taken a fair haircut since announcing his retirement, some would say it had overrun.

AIA, POT, FPH or any other stock you like on a PE of circa 30.

FPH is a well managed niche market leader in a fast growing industry. A long history of spectacular earnings growth year on year with no indication of a slow down.
That should maintain SP momentum

PAY

trader_jackson
10-04-2016, 12:14 PM
FPH has always been at a premium, as has AIA, probably due to what iceman mentions above, however any signs of a slow down would put alot of pressure on the share price

TIL in my view has had an "impressive" run, with "very" bullish prospectus, with many believing it is "extremely well positioned" to rapidly increase and expand sales... they may well be right, but any hint of a slow down here (I think) would see the share price sink like a lead balloon

Hectorplains
10-04-2016, 12:24 PM
FPH has always been at a premium, as has AIA, probably due to what iceman mentions above, however any signs of a slow down would put alot of pressure on the share price

TIL in my view has had an "impressive" run, with "very" bullish prospectus, with many believing it is "extremely well positioned" to rapidly increase and expand sales... they may well be right, but any hint of a slow down here (I think) would see the share price sink like a lead balloon

Tsk T_J, such a flagrant rules violation! Yellow card!

Deej5
10-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Tsk T_J, such a flagrant rules violation! Yellow card!

Agreed. Last stock named:

PAY

drcjp
10-04-2016, 01:52 PM

PAY , over run imo
Next up, SLI

winner69
10-04-2016, 02:01 PM
PAY , over run imo
Next up, SLI

SLI has solid long term prospects ...not overrun

Now for one that us ......next up

ARV

trader_jackson
10-04-2016, 02:34 PM
SLI has solid long term prospects ...not overrun

Now for one that us ......next up

ARV

ARV has had a good run I don't think anyone can disagree with a 22% of so gain in 6 or so months... you know when a couple directors start buying that it really must have hit rock bottom.. anyway the difference is, before it was completely thrown under the bus: ie underrun (if that is a word?)

Just my view;)

I'm surprised Balance hasn't come swinging in with PEB...;)

PS: I'll take this time to apolgise for my flagrant violation of the rules ;)

winner69
10-04-2016, 04:08 PM
t_j - play te game roblem

You meant to suggest another stock for the next person to comment on

I'll do it for you

PEB

trader_jackson
10-04-2016, 04:27 PM
t_j - play te game roblem

You meant to suggest another stock for the next person to comment on

I'll do it for you

PEB

Sorry, sorry, I think there are just to many "well positioned" stocks on the NZX!!

Deej5
10-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Sorry, sorry, I think there are just to many "well positioned" stocks on the NZX!!
I think t_j is having a laugh ….

PEB

Beagle
10-04-2016, 05:19 PM
PEB has had a good run and deserves to be a penny dreadful until such time as they can prove they can make money...there's only so many promises people can stomach before they say show us the money...and on that theme XRO !

couta1
10-04-2016, 06:07 PM
I'd say Air, anytime it goes over $3 its overrun:eek2:

tim23
10-04-2016, 06:37 PM
I say Wrightson, undervalue I think.

garfy
10-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Have been a holder of both - no comparison.. AIR - NZ owned and superbly run. PGW - sort of NZ owned, sadly.

CAV

Lewylewylewy
10-04-2016, 10:00 PM
CAV

From an uneducated view, reading the NZX website, the SP is 2/3 of the NTA, from the point of view of buying to strip assets it's good value, but as a bog standard investment I'd stay clear, despite any headwinds that may exist.

VHP