PDA

View Full Version : When National wins again.

Pages : 1 [2]

iceman
22-09-2017, 04:09 PM
JT this morning you said you couldn't comment much as you were busy. Now we can see that you've been busy trawling the internet and trolling ST with dumps of all sorts of old and irelevant copy paste rubbish. You will be one frustrated boy on Sunday when you wake up to the fact that National is still the most supported party in NZ and all your misguided effort has come to nothing.

blackcap
22-09-2017, 04:10 PM
The truth is - for Bill English - the truth on tax doesn't matter anymore.
Patrick Gower: National playing 'post-truth politics' | Newshub (https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&ved=0ahUKEwjk_ajdgLjWAhVKfrwKHRokD584ChAWCCkwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newshub.co.nz%2Fhome%2Felecti on%2F2017%2F09%2Fpatrick-gower-national-playing-post-truth-politics.html&usg=AFQjCNEksZ7posChmmy3_P-P-s4xIPh-sw)

;;;Like the boy who cried wolf and it was a beagle. Can never be believed again;;;

It does not matter. You may not believe him, but you are obviously not going to vote for Bill anyway. Thankfully the majority of the electorate do believe him and thus National have a good chance of being a 4th term government.

Investor
22-09-2017, 04:17 PM
...You will be one frustrated boy on Sunday when you wake up to the fact that National is still the most supported party in NZ and all your misguided effort has come to nothing.

Beautiful words to those 'batting for the other team'.

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 04:22 PM
It does not matter. You may not believe him, but you are obviously not going to vote for Bill anyway. Thankfully the majority of the electorate do believe him and thus National have a good chance of being a 4th term government.

So they ;are ,all liars ;or support dishonesty?

blackcap
22-09-2017, 04:24 PM
So they ;are ,all liars ;or support dishonesty?

No Bill is telling the truth. You just cannot see it, the majority can.

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Lets Do This:D

The epic Spinoff election night drinking gameBy The Spinoff (https://thespinoff.co.nz/author/the-spinoff/) | Staff writers
September 22, 2017
Tomorrow from 7 pm, the election results will start seeping onto every transistor radio, television screen and phone tree in the country. It’ll be thirsty work, so we’ve put together a little something to keep spirits up. With apple juice, obviously.
Take a sip when you hear/see:
“Neck and neck”
“Drag race”
“Jacindamania”
“Stardust”
“Knife edge”
“Volatile”
“Fiscal hole”
“Kingmaker”
A bad meme
https://thespinoff.scdn5.secure.raxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PG2.jpgPADDY KNOWS. PHOTO: RAE-DAWN MARTIN.

Take two sips:
Gruff person wearing rosette
Field reporter fiddling with earpiece
“Captain’s call”
One of Bill English’s 9,000 children
Bad wordplay on “Let’s Do This”
“Too close to call”
Winston Peters attacks the media
Off-camera swearing
Heartwarming montage of pets at polling stations
Political. Editor. Saying. Something. Important. In. One. Word. Sentences.
https://thespinoff.scdn5.secure.raxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/alex04.jpg
Take a shot:
A good meme
“Rural-urban divide”
“The mother of all scandals”
John Campbell monologue
Hilary Barry death stare
“Incredibly explosive”
Any reference to drinking whisky with Winston Peters
Shot of pizza being delivered to party leader
https://thespinoff.scdn5.secure.raxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/pjimage-1.jpg
Take three shots:
“The people have spoken”
Scenes from a grim loser’s party
Lisa Owen eye roll as Duncan and Paddy bantz like fourth-form ladz
Any bus-based metaphor
Winston Peters attacks the polls
“Dramatic and devastating”
https://thespinoff.scdn5.secure.raxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/alex03-1.jpg
Finish your drink:
A concession.
A resignation.
Reference to Bill English’s acne
Walk into the sea:
“She’s A Pretty Communist”
“This is the ****ing news”
Sean Plunket flaps naked on a studio floor like a puffer fish.

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 04:25 PM
No Bill is telling the truth. You just cannot see it, the majority can.

One new moral compass coming your way :)

huxley
22-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Lol, Joshuatree, I don't think you're supposed to start the drinking game till 7pm tomorrow... ;)

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Gotta drop daughter to airport for school trip to china;; tomorrow night will be celebrating;, or drowning with the drinking game.

stones
22-09-2017, 04:53 PM
Gotta drop daughter to airport for school trip to china;; tomorrow night will be celebrating;, or drowning with the drinking game.

Drown please

fungus pudding
22-09-2017, 05:07 PM

????????????????? You're old enough to have a daughter ! ! ! ? ? Well, pickle me.

Investor
22-09-2017, 05:09 PM
????????????????? You're old enough to have a daughter ! ! ! ? ? Well, pickle me.

Don't forget the uneducated have children young.

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Get pickled tonite as well fungus ; good practise for tomorrow; pickled like a gherkin:t_up:

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 05:11 PM
This is shocking
Water quality progress struggling (https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/97105519/canterbury-struggling-with-water-quality-targets-good-progress-on-irrigation)

huxley
22-09-2017, 05:12 PM

Haha, it's just with the extreme posting I thought you'd started early... :p

blackcap
22-09-2017, 06:10 PM

She flying by electric plane JT? Or you just like all green zealots, happy to have personal huge footprint but not happy for anyone else to?

minimoke
22-09-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm more concerned Jt is in control of a vehicle with a child inside

minimoke
22-09-2017, 06:14 PM
She flying by electric plane JT? Or you just like all green zealots, happy to have personal huge footprint but not happy for anyone else to?
And part of our failing education system.

There wont be any trips like that under jacinda - China of course being the exception

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 07:25 PM
This is shocking
Water quality progress struggling (https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/97105519/canterbury-struggling-with-water-quality-targets-good-progress-on-irrigation)

The report showed nitrate levels were increasing in about 25 per cent of monitored wells, and decreasing in about 4 per cent.
The target is to show "a demonstrable decrease in nitrate concentrations in shallow groundwater in priority areas" by 2020.
It was a poor result, said Canterbury medical officer of health Dr Alistair Humphrey.
"At this point in time, from a health perspective, it is absolutely disappointing to see that there is not much progress on nitrates, if any," he said.

Their [ECan's] own data still shows that nitrates leaching is continuing to climb. It will take a long time to turn around the increasing levels of nitrates in our ground water and surface water. I would like to see more of an emphasis on that."
He said there was a "strange and difficult problem" that the regional council had pledged to both increase irrigation and reduce nitrate intakes. Now theres a conflict of interest.!!!:scared: Just not doable.
The balance was leaning towards irrigation rather than protecting drinking water, Humphrey said.

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 07:30 PM
labour is the only major party with the guts to do something about this

Joshuatree
22-09-2017, 07:35 PM
OVER 5 YEARS THE IRRIGATED AREA IN CANTERBURY INCREASED FROM 425,000 Ha to 507,000 Ha. THE TARGET IS 850,000 Ha by 2040!!!!!??? INTENSIFICATION = POLLUTED RIVERS.

Investor
22-09-2017, 07:39 PM

OVER 5 YEARS THE IRRIGATED AREA IN CANTERBURY INCREASED FROM 425,000 Ha to 507,000 Ha. THE TARGET IS 850,000 Ha by 2040!!!!!??? INTENSIFICATION = POLLUTED RIVERS.

Thanks for the updates Josh.

winner69
22-09-2017, 07:58 PM

In case people didn't get the message about the polluted Canterbury rivers

Baa_Baa
22-09-2017, 08:01 PM
I think it's midnight, until JT has to stop isn't it? Some law about party political promotion being illegal prior to the election day.

Still three hours left to go, so JT fill your boots mate. No reputation here left to squander, so might as well stick it up everyone and anyone that you have or haven't already offended, who isn't voting on your side.

Good luck for tomorrow, I reckon you'll need it.

couta1
22-09-2017, 08:04 PM
I think it's midnight, until JT has to stop isn't it? Some law about party political promotion being illegal prior to the election day.

Still three hours left to go, so JT fill your boots mate. No reputation here left to squander, so might as well stick it up everyone and anyone that you have or haven't already offended, who isn't voting on your side.

Good luck for tomorrow, I reckon you'll need it. He's finally been silenced by the Mods.

jmsnz
22-09-2017, 08:09 PM
He's finally been silenced by the Mods.
That’s a shame he is excellent comedy.

huxley
22-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Careful mate, it's after 7pm, it's supposed to be radio silence till Sunday ;)

22-09-2017, 08:25 PM
He should have been out pulling signs down anyway.

huxley
22-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Democracy should be like a mirror held up to society, reflecting all of the great, the good, and the fringe. And at the moment, only certain parts of society are being reflected in who governs us.

huxley
22-09-2017, 10:21 PM
All the best and cheers

Joshuatree
23-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Democracy should be like a mirror held up to society, reflecting all of the great, the good, and the fringe. And at the moment, only certain parts of society are being reflected in who governs us.

Hear hear. Got my drinking game rules sorted cheers!:::;

blackcap
23-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Hear hear. Got my drinking game rules sorted cheers!:::;

Have a look at betfair.com.... very interesting odds.

fungus pudding
23-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Do you reckon National will win a fifth term eZ?

I reckon they will.

minimoke
23-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Do you reckon National will win a fifth term eZ?

I reckon they will.
With Labour sitting at 35.7% at the moment clearly no mandate for Labour to lead a government. And given they are below 39 - 40% a failure for them to fire on all cylinders.

minimoke
23-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Lets Do This:D

The epic Spinoff election night drinking game

Hows you drinking game going JT? Gotta say had a tough call tonight - which bottle of single malt will I strip the top off. Ended up with a not too bad 12 year old. Figured Greens on 5.8% was worth it. And a poor 35.8% for Labour - obviously not a electorate call for change. Despites JacIndas positive, vacuous polices. I am banking on keeping my $1,000 on 1 April 2018 but if Winston does decide to go with Labout and I end up paying more tax, I've still got a couple of bottles to drown those sorrows.

iceman
23-09-2017, 11:22 PM
A pretty good result for National tonight. In my view the winners were Bill English and Gareth Morgan with an amazing 2% for a few months old party. The clear losers were the Maori Party and Metiria Turei. Good riddance for the latter.
I hope you are ok JT and EZ even though you didn’t see this coming 😉

minimoke
23-09-2017, 11:37 PM
A pretty good result for National tonight. I think you are under cooking it. Its an outstanding result for National. Faced with a 4th term election, a Leader who needed to get up again, and an, arguably, pretty / young / female face to labour National did very well.

In my view the winners were Bill English There is potential here for a 5th term National party with his genuine concern for the disadvanteged. I think we wil see a more "left" leaning National

and Gareth Morgan with an amazing 2% for a few months old party. Another outstanding result. His polices are complex (given our currnet paradigms) and hard to understand - but very logical. He did a very good job of explaining them. And this is a clear indication ACT are also big loosers. An electorate does have an open mind but ACT didn't get the required traction

The clear losers were the Maori Party and Metiria Turei. Good riddance for the latter.
I hope you are ok JT and EZ even though you didn’t see this coming Absolutely good riddance to the latter. She was in Dunedin in her castle tonight (seriously she has a castle!) and still 5.8% of voters have no difficulty voting for a party that supports her. They should be ashamed. As for Maori Party, loosing to a gay weather presenter - they have clearly lost there way.

troyvdh
23-09-2017, 11:40 PM
My opinion is ...that its a very sad day for NZ.....yes I voted for the nats...but why do we not deserve a proper and coherent oppostion...there are many aspects of the Nats administration that have totally disgracefull...hospitals..water..police numbers...I could go on here...

fungus pudding
24-09-2017, 07:15 AM
My opinion is ...that its a very sad day for NZ.....yes I voted for the nats...but why do we not deserve a proper and coherent oppostion...there are many aspects of the Nats administration that have totally disgracefull...hospitals..water..police numbers...I could go on here...

Govts. always have things to do. I have no doubt that National will attend to the areas that need attention and they have the economy performing to do just that.

Bjauck
24-09-2017, 07:34 AM
My opinion is ...that its a very sad day for NZ.....yes I voted for the nats...but why do we not deserve a proper and coherent oppostion...there are many aspects of the Nats administration that have totally disgracefull...hospitals..water..police numbers...I could go on here... It was a tall order for Ardern to take the Labour Party to victory. However they may have found someone who can be given the chance to lead the Labs for a full period in opposition. A stable Labour may be able to concentrate on building up policy, providing more effective opposition and projecting itself to the public.

It was good to see TOP get over 2% in an election which increasingly became a tussle between the two main parties. I didn't think it was too bad for a new Party which was given less air time than others.

couta1
24-09-2017, 07:42 AM
A stunning result for National, well done Bill. The question now is, could Winston be stupid enough to go with Labour and the Greens, it's possible but I can't see it.

fungus pudding
24-09-2017, 07:51 AM
A stunning result for National, well done Bill. The question now is, could Winston be stupid enough to go with Labour and the Greens, it's possible but I can't see it.

Possible but he isn't quite that silly

Bjauck
24-09-2017, 08:14 AM
...As for Maori Party, loosing to a gay weather presenter - they have clearly lost there way. How is his sexuality relevant? Is that a factor to consider amongst many Nat supporters in your neck of the woods?

iceman
24-09-2017, 09:20 AM
If Bill continues on as PM as has to be likely, I hope he will go full on with his “social investment” approach and make attacking some of society’s worst ills a top priority.

Fatboyj
24-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Winston you dawg I like your style. Hats off to the bugger, he's done it again.

IAK
24-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Post truth politics almost got National over the line but the fact is Winston could go either way - that's MMP.

artemis
24-09-2017, 10:00 AM
If Bill continues on as PM as has to be likely, I hope he will go full on with his “social investment” approach and make attacking some of society’s worst ills a top priority.

Believe he will do just that. However .... time for parties other than the government to step up as well. Families especially - the first and most important influence but failing some of their members bigly. Why aren't families stepping up to help feed and house their members, for example. The vast, vast majority of families do just that, and could never in a million years imagine not doing so.

And yes I know it is not that simple, especially when addictions are concerned, but how many times do children go to school with no breakfast or lunch before they are removed to a family group home as victims of abuse.

While social investment attempts to address some of the basic family issues some are going to be intractable. Better to put funding and support where it could actually make a difference - extending the Young Parent Payment scheme to older parents not coping, for example.

minimoke
24-09-2017, 12:35 PM
How brassed off is he still about his superannuation details be leaked?

artemis
24-09-2017, 12:37 PM
How brassed off is he still about his superannuation details be leaked?

Some think he leaked the info himself to forestall someone else doing it. Not a bad way to retain some control of the narrative in an election campaign.

minimoke
24-09-2017, 12:38 PM
How is his sexuality relevant? Is that a factor to consider amongst many Nat supporters in your neck of the woods?
No. But occupation might be.

RGR367
24-09-2017, 12:52 PM
I like Gareth Morgan's idea of the Greens bedding with the Gov't (Nats) for once. What's the point of being greenie when you cannot influence or put your policies into action. But having said that, I still say that the worst speech of the election night is that of James Shaw.

Bjauck
24-09-2017, 03:57 PM
No. But occupation might be. LOL. Why mention his sexuality then? But fair enough if you prefix all candidates and politicians' former occupations with their (known) sexuality...e.g. Bill English the heterosexual former farmer.

fungus pudding
25-09-2017, 09:56 PM
An interesting opinion

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/97197046/chris-trotter-bill-to-winston--lets-do-this

macduffy
26-09-2017, 09:17 AM
I hear that Labour is considering sending Annette King and Michael Cullen to negotiate with Winston Peters. Rather like sending your parents to your job interview! Here's hoping that the job aspirants have the necessary skillls to do the ministerial jobs if the interview is successful.

;)

craic
26-09-2017, 09:25 AM
According to WP today in the Herald, they are wasting their time - He has already decided that National is the Evil empire and Christians might read from his pronouncements that he believes that he is 'The Second Coming'

Raz
26-09-2017, 09:30 AM
According to WP today in the Herald, they are wasting their time - He has already decided that National is the Evil empire and Christians might read from his pronouncements that he believes that he is 'The Second Coming'

Don't believe everything reported and certainly not everyones comprehension on what is reported....had a look..do you have a link?

26-09-2017, 09:35 AM

In that case I think he will simply sit on the cross benches because he won't join with Labour if they want the Greens with them.

craic
26-09-2017, 09:51 AM
If Labour is offered the Treasury benches without the Greens they will take it and the Greens will not go with National. I can't any of the permutations making it through three years without another election.