PDA

View Full Version : LITHIUM Stocks fertile ground

Pages : [1] 2

Joshuatree
12-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Rather than post other lithium stocks on the ORE thread I've set up a thread for Lithium stocks. It is a hot favourable sector to be in currently.One needs to be careful as the steep run ups will just as quickly reverse.There has been good momentum lately. Please post about any lithium stock you are into. My flagship ORE which I've been in for years is really getting somewhere coming into production at very high demand and prices.

ORE re a 5 year high up re 7% today to $3.40. ANN just out .Production a little under target, s/p off highs
Download Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvFDZpiw rqk3S20eh27dpNT7rJGI0WXhRjNFHhlFA%3D)

LIT re a 8 year high to 25.7c
EMH close to a 3 year high 26c Speeding ticketDownload Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvFDZpiw rVyheKkOh88tdNT7rJGI0XWxFmNVHhlFA%3D)
NMT re 4 year high 45.5c producing soon.
GXY re 4 year hi 36c

still holding EMH for a trade and ORE, longtermer.

penn
12-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Lithium in fashion as Graphite was recently.
I invested in Ardiden (ADV) in mid March, and they are now up 33% in a month, with no sign of slowing down.
The sweet part of their story is that they hold both Lithium and Graphite, strikes. And they are 'close' to the Tesla giga-site. (low air miles)

From 21/03/16 announcement --
All drill holes intersected the spodumene-bearing pegmatite structures.
50% of the drill core was logged as being spodumene-bearing pegmatite with zones near surface up to 37.5m wide.
150 drill core samples now sent to Actlabs in Thunder Bay, Drilling and exploration plans being finalised for the recently secured
Root Lake lithium-beryllium-tantalum project in Ontario, Canada

Ardiden Limited (ASX: ADV) is pleased to advise that its maiden diamond drilling
program has been completed at the Seymour Lake Lithium Project in Ontario.
....and..
The 100%-owned Manitouwadge Jumbo Flake Graphite Project is located in Ontario, Canada. The Project area is
5,300 Ha and has a 20km strike length of EM anomalies with graphite prospectivity and is being subject to systematic
exploration to determine areas that have potential to be a near-term development opportunity.

tim23
12-04-2016, 07:34 PM
GXY has had a good run too.

Joshuatree
13-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Electric Car War sends Lithium prices sky high
Monday, 29 February 2016
With lithium prices skyrocketing beyond wildest expectations, talk heating up about acquisitions and mergers in this space and a fast-brewing war among electric car rivals, it’s no wonder everyone’s bullish on this golden commodity that promises to become the ‘’new gasoline”.

Moreover, land grabs, rising price predictions, and expectations of a major demand spike are leaping out of the shadows of a pending energy revolution and a new technology-driven resource era.

For once, we have agreement across the board on a commodity: Demand for lithium will continue to rise throughout the year--and beyond--spurred by the rise of battery mega/gigafactories and a burgeoning energy storage business that will change the way we live.

That’s why Goldman Sachs calls lithium the “new gasoline”.It’s also why The Economist (http://www.economist.com/news/business/21688386-amid-surge-demand-rechargeable-batteries-companies-are-scrambling-supplies) calls it “the world’s hottest commodity”, and talks about a “global scramble to secure supplies of lithium by the world’s largest battery producers, and by end-users such as carmakers.”

In fact, as the Economist notes, the price of 99%-pure lithium carbonate imported to China more than doubled in the two months to the end of December—putting it at a whopping $13,000 per ton.

But what you might not know is that this playing field is fast becoming a battlefieldthat has huge names such as Apple, Google and start-up Faraday Future throwing down for electric car market share and even reportedly gaming to see who can steal the best engineers.

Apple has now come out of the closet with plans for its own electric car by 2019, putting it on a direct collision course with Tesla. And Google, too, is pushing fast into this arena with its self-driving car project through its Alphabet holding company.

Then we have the Faraday Future start-up—backed by Chinese billionaire Jia Yueting--which has charged onto this scene with plans for a new $1-billion factory in Las Vegas, and is hoping to produce its first car next year already.

Ensuring the best engineers for all these rival projects opens up a second front line in the war. They’ve all been at each other’s recruitment throats for months, stealing each other’s prized staff.

And when the wave of megafactories starts pumping out batteries—with the first slated to come online as soon as next year--we could need up to 100,000 tons of new lithium carbonate by 2021. It’s an amount of lithium we just don’t have right now.

The war is definitely on, and lithium prices are the immediate and long-term beneficiary. It all depends on batteries, so it all depends on lithium.

penn
15-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Yet another very strong day for Lithium stocks,
Adv up another 12.5% today, and lab results could be in early next week,
if they are anything like previous results, this could go very well.
I have placed an optimistic sell order, in case the coin falls the right way.

As I have said before DYORIHANIWIATA.

Joshuatree
17-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Rather than post other lithium stocks on the ORE thread I've set up a thread for Lithium stocks. It is a hot favourable sector to be in currently.One needs to be careful as the steep run ups will just as quickly reverse.There has been good momentum lately. Please post about any lithium stock you are into. My flagship ORE which I've been in for years is really getting somewhere coming into production at very high demand and prices.

ORE re a 5 year high up re 7% today to $3.40. ANN just out .Production a little under target, s/p off highs
Download Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvFDZpiw rqk3S20eh27dpNT7rJGI0WXhRjNFHhlFA%3D)

LIT re a 8 year high to 25.7c
EMH close to a 3 year high 26c Speeding ticketDownload Document (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvFDZpiw rVyheKkOh88tdNT7rJGI0XWxFmNVHhlFA%3D)
NMT re 4 year high 45.5c producing soon.
GXY re 4 year hi 36c

still holding EMH for a trade and ORE, longtermer.

Re those s/p highs i haven't checked for share consolidations etc. Please be careful getting into any small cap mining stock.Most lose their dough sooner or later imo (and experience) so for myself i never put more than a very small % into explorers and maybe more as they derisk to producers. There are just so many more things that can go wrong and so many rampers and biased people all the way up to Directors and CEO's who will take your money and not give back. Lithium fever is causing some really crazy rushes atm ; can be very exciting but be smart, take some profits, free carry etc if you're lucky and never fall in love with a ticker. Just my opinion DYOR.

penn
18-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Wise words JT, All very true, and now I can't dump all my ADV as:-
"The Company hereby requests a halt in trading of its securities, effective immediately, regardingexploration results."
The Lab results must be in,

---My guess only... Headline on wednesday ......"Sorry for all the inconvenience, NOT A SAUSAGE!"

penn
18-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Ha That was soo wrong!
Grades up to 4.1% Lithium Dioxide!

:t_up:

penn
18-04-2016, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=penn;616525]Ha That was soo wrong!
Grades up to 4.1% Lithium Dioxide!

...And the share price fell?

penn
19-04-2016, 04:54 PM
I know I seem to be talking to myself on this one, but this market can be soo irrational,
I held on yesterday, and (now that the smart money can see how good yesterdays announcement was)
ADV is up 23% right now!

airedale
19-04-2016, 05:22 PM
PIO Pioneer Resources has moved up above 2 cents on heavy volume with a lithium announcement.

Aotea
19-04-2016, 07:11 PM
All good Penn, just listening.

Have held GXy with an average of 15.9 and NMT from 15, so quuite happy.
Even my pig stock MPJ is almost back on an even keel..go Lithium

percy
19-04-2016, 07:15 PM
GMM has moved from dead duck,to well positioned,then to poised,and is now off like a rocket.!!
Since 20/4/2015 the share price has risen..1245.24%..[according to Yahoo finance].

troyvdh
19-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Giday today I got about a k ..div from NMT...Can a kiwi familiar in spec companies in Oz tell me why...like its a spec company...surely cash in hand would be ...a necessary advantage to have...perhaps is this a way for those with substantial holdings to have a wee "pay day"...Like how confidant are they for the future prospects......?....

penn
19-04-2016, 07:55 PM
All good Penn, just listening.

Have held GXy with an average of 15.9 and NMT from 15, so quuite happy.
Even my pig stock MPJ is almost back on an even keel..go Lithium

wow! when did you plan to give us the 'heads-up' on those two?
.....Nah ..all good, and well done
I'm starting to look at deposits closer to Tesla (given gxy is prob in the zone)
but what do you think of CAD?

Aotea
19-04-2016, 08:23 PM
wow! when did you plan to give us the 'heads-up' on those two?
.....Nah ..all good, and well done
I'm starting to look at deposits closer to Tesla (given gxy is prob in the zone)
but what do you think of CAD?

They were punts like many of my holdings...some are great, some are rubbish.
will be cashing in the lot in late 2017 to fund a gold claim so need to make more move upwards!

i hadnt followed CAD so my opinion is worthless.

cheers

penn
19-04-2016, 08:45 PM
"to fund a gold claim"
That sounds interesting!
Hope it comes off!

airedale
26-04-2016, 09:02 PM
PIO Pioneer Resources has moved up above 2 cents on heavy volume with a lithium announcement. 19th April.

Pio up from 2 cents to three cents on heavy volume after today's ann of another lithium venture in WA.
http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=PIO&E=ASX&N=760849

Joshuatree
28-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Pullback been happening for many Lithium plays. Producer ORE holding up well though.

Aotea
29-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Pullback been happening for many Lithium plays. Producer ORE holding up well though.

No surprise. I dont think the retrace is related to future demand, merely just a settling after a mad month.
Nothing to worry about if fundamentals are sound.
Disc: hold GXY and NMT

Joshuatree
02-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Yes; avoid the many Lithium plays that don't really have any fundamentals.
EMH have done a smart move after dropping the agreement with LIT re L Max, they have signed an option to use L Max with PLP Platypus under more favourable terms I'm guessing.

PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01736795)

penn
05-05-2016, 01:19 PM
ADV.
Exceptional Lithium Grades at Seymour Lake
"Globally Significant Lithium Deposit"
Significant grades of Li2O returned in all 150 core samples, close to surface, 30% returning results greater than 2.0% Li2O. and some 5.4%
---> 11.2m @ 2.7% from 2.8m!
sp up 30% on open,

Goldendigger
06-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Interesting developments with the government pushing to increase electric vehicle popularity this could be a turning point in peoples opinions on them, especially in Auckland and Christchurch where bus lanes could reduce a commuters daily travel by 30-40 minutes or more. Plus the Tesla Power wall partnership with Vector (old news I know) suggests further demand for large lithium batteries in the household ramping up in the future.
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11634195
Disc: Hold VCT, GXY, ORE and ADV

Joshuatree
06-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Im thinking/wanting to buy a hybrid/electric car but finding very little choice out there atp.And finding out info like how long do batteries last and what they cost and are they largely recyclable. Any one with experience here?

Goldendigger
06-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Well I think Tesla is the only fully electric car manufacturer that has created vehicles that don't look like clown cars (see Mitsubishi's equivalent http://www.mitsubishicars.com/imiev#gallery ) all the other reasonably attractive cars are hybrids at this stage. I'd love a Tesla model X SUV but for the $110k USD price point I'd rather not save the planet and buy a 6.2L V8 Chevy Corvette :D Battery life cycles would be good to look into, as far as individual charge cycles go Tesla has recorded an impressive 250 mile range on a single charge! close to a full tank of gas for other SUV's out there.

kiora
06-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Im thinking/wanting to buy a hybrid/electric car but finding very little choice out there atp.And finding out info like how long do batteries last and what they cost and are they largely recyclable. Any one with experience here?

Hi JT,you can order now
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11616606

macduffy
11-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Comment on the lithium market and Aust lithium stocks.

https://dpsi7pmz5b6vt.cloudfront.net/uploads/media/2722/Paragon_Fund_-_April_2016.pdf

Joshuatree
26-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Update on share prices ; haven't looked for dilution etc
12/4/16 Today
LIT 25.7c 21.8c

EMH 25c 25c
NMT 45.5c 43c
GXY 36c 39.5c T/H today pending acquisition of GMM
ADV 4.1c 3.9c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c
GMM 56c 61.5c T/H today see above
PLP 1.7c 2.3c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 Lithium conference presentation just out
Anyone care to put lithium prices up for then and now? If not i will add later.

Joshuatree
27-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Speculation that VW is going to announce the build of a giga factory battery plant..
EMH to 30.5c
NMT 46c
PIO 3.8c
PLP 3.1c
ORE $4.29

Joshuatree
30-05-2016, 12:31 PM
EMH has double bagged + for me atp. @38c.
Im also hearing a Lithium Fund ETF is happening.

Joshuatree
30-05-2016, 08:30 PM
GXY and GMM have agreed to merge swapping 1 GMM share for 1.65 new GXY shares to assemble an institutional investment grade company with a mkt cap around A$700 million where most AUS players are little more than penny stocks.

Shares in GXY have appreciated more than 100% and GMM 1,400 %(a 14 bagger anyone in it?). I see Bohemium picked GMM and GXY in the Aus comp and is coming 2nd atm.Hey Boh... did you buy these; i hope so:drool:

cammo
01-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Anyone in CAD Caeneus minerals at the moment ? Keen to know if anyone is bullish on them.

percy
01-06-2016, 09:57 PM
GXY and GMM have agreed to merge swapping 1 GMM share for 1.65 new GXY shares to assemble an institutional investment grade company with a mkt cap around A$700 million where most AUS players are little more than penny stocks.

Shares in GXY have appreciated more than 100% and GMM 1,400 %(a 14 bagger anyone in it?). I see Bohemium picked GMM and GXY in the Aus comp and is coming 2nd atm.Hey Boh... did you buy these; i hope so:drool:

I am still holding some GMM.
Sold half on 21/4/2016 at .705 cents.
I note GMM finished at 83cents and GXY at 50 cents tonight.

macduffy
02-06-2016, 09:24 AM
More for the lithium sniffers!

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/31760

Joshuatree
02-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Thanks mac.ORE and GMM/GXY their picks believing in a long term bull mkt for Lithium demand and pricing.ORE the first new Brine project in 20 years and it takes years to get a project up and running at nameplate.

percy
02-06-2016, 10:50 AM
More for the lithium sniffers!

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/31760

Thanks for the link.

Joshuatree
07-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Update. Most spekkys have stalled.Producer ORE powering on with sales at up to $17,000 tonne!!
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c Brines next to ORE
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c
GXY 36c 39.5c T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 48c
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c
GMM 56c 61.5c T/H today see above 75c
PLP 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63

Anyone care to put lithium prices up for then and now? If not i will add later.

SCHUMACHER
10-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Lithium in fashion as Graphite was recently.
I invested in Ardiden (ADV) in mid March, and they are now up 33% in a month, with no sign of slowing down.
The sweet part of their story is that they hold both Lithium and Graphite, strikes. And they are 'close' to the Tesla giga-site. (low air miles)

From 21/03/16 announcement --
All drill holes intersected the spodumene-bearing pegmatite structures.
50% of the drill core was logged as being spodumene-bearing pegmatite with zones near surface up to 37.5m wide.
150 drill core samples now sent to Actlabs in Thunder Bay, Drilling and exploration plans being finalised for the recently secured
Root Lake lithium-beryllium-tantalum project in Ontario, Canada

Ardiden Limited (ASX: ADV) is pleased to advise that its maiden diamond drilling
program has been completed at the Seymour Lake Lithium Project in Ontario.
....and..
The 100%-owned Manitouwadge Jumbo Flake Graphite Project is located in Ontario, Canada. The Project area is
5,300 Ha and has a 20km strike length of EM anomalies with graphite prospectivity and is being subject to systematic
exploration to determine areas that have potential to be a near-term development opportunity.

Yes i hold ADV - they just raised 3 million over subscribed so all good - expect a run back through 4c soon :)

ITS IRONIC THEY CAN EASILY RAISE 3 MILLION AND JUST BEFORE WE EXPECTING RESULTS SUGGESTS THE RESULTS WILL BE GRAND !

aNNOUNCEMENT JUST RELEASED !!!! :)
The Company is expecting assay results from its due diligence drill program at
Rook Lake shortly and is in the final phase of the technical assessment.
Subject to positive results, Ardiden will then undertake further a detailed geological
and structural mapping, trenching and sampling program, in order to develop a
better understanding of the pegmatites and the influence of the surrounding
structures.

Ardiden will also continue the rapid exploration of the high quality Seymour Lake Lithium Project,
which returned very encouraging drilling results during the due diligence review period. The maiden
drilling program at Seymour Lake identified substantial spodumene-bearing pegmatite zones at or
near surface and returned promising lithium grades of up to 5.4% Li2O.
In addition, a technical review has identified new pegmatites structures at the project and numerous
drill-ready targets – providing Ardiden with the opportunity to substantially increase the known
mineralisation zones on the project.

The proceeds of the capital raising will also assist Ardiden to progress additional exploration activities
at the Manitouwadge Jumbo Flake Graphite Project also located in Ontario, Canada and to provide
general working capital.

CONCLUSION
With the completion of the Placement, Ardiden is now fully funded to complete the due diligence
assessment at Root Lake Lithium Project and continue exploration activities at the Seymour Lake
Lithium Project and at the Manitouwadge Jumbo Flake Graphite Project.

The early intersection of substantial mineralisation within the McCombe spodumene pegmatite
structures, which are located near surface at the Root Lake Lithium Project, and the positive drill
results obtained from the Seymour Lake Lithium Project, are very encouraging outcomes and
reaffirms the excellent potential of both lithium projects to host JORC Compliant lithium resources.
Ardiden is looking forward to undertaking the next phase of exploration activities at the Seymour
Lake Lithium Project and to completing the due diligence assessment of the Root Lake Lithium
Project. The Company is hopeful of further encouraging drilling results from Root Lake which will
support the previously reported lithium grades and confirm the high quality nature of both lithium
projects.

The Company looks forward to providing further exploration updates as they come to hand.

Joshuatree
10-06-2016, 12:35 PM
EMH up another 14% this morn. too.

SCHUMACHER
10-06-2016, 12:57 PM
EMH up another 14% this morn. too.

Thanks Ill check this one out as well

Joshuatree
10-06-2016, 06:38 PM
EMH closed up 26% to 48.5c. happy to hold tight and ride this atp and take part in the next cap raise.Re a 2 and a half bagger to this point.DYOR.

SCHUMACHER
10-06-2016, 08:06 PM
EMH closed up 26% to 48.5c. happy to hold tight and ride this atp and take part in the next cap raise.Re a 2 and a half bagger to this point.DYOR.

Well done JT - Credit where credit is due - i was a bit slow off the mark on this one - have put it on my watchlist !

SCHUMACHER
14-06-2016, 01:58 PM
PIO Making a run today - over 40 million traded - last time we had volume spikes she went to over 10c from memory Watching for entry today :)

Update : im in at 4.9c and 5c today looks good for a run- ill buy more if we get back to 4.9c

if it breaks 5.1c resistence look out as we may see a similiar run to last month where it hit 10c ++

jOSHUA - does this stock take your interest ? -Todays volume is over 43 million already (lets hope its not a pump n dump) however i believe the market is awaiting some announcements

Joshuatree
14-06-2016, 06:04 PM
No ,sticking with EMH and ORE atp. Im spread thinly enough as it is across a diaspora of stocks and sectors.

Joshuatree
02-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Joshuatree
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16 , 30/6/16

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c ,27c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick ,1.7c
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c, 3.5c Brines next to ORE
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c ,47c
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c,45.5c
GXY 36c 39.5c ,T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 50c,
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c,2.7c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c ,3.4c
GMM 56c 61.5c T/H today see above 75c, 78.5c
PLP 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c ,1.6c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63, $4.73

pak
07-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Anyone up with the play on ADV. Why the big drop? I know they had a CP recently but SP still seemed positive straight after.
Small holder.

Joshuatree
11-07-2016, 03:00 PM
http://business.financialpost.com/n...man-subsidiary-weve-taken-off?__lsa=6b77-ccbb (http://business.financialpost.com/news/energy/canadian-lithium-ion-battery-maker-electrovaya-racks-up-orders-cranks-up-german-subsidiary-weve-taken-off?__lsa=6b77-ccbb)

SCHUMACHER
11-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Anyone up with the play on ADV. Why the big drop? I know they had a CP recently but SP still seemed positive straight after.
Small holder.

the market perceived the ADV 22 June results to be not as economical as thought - more investigation is required here - even though the anomoly was open t all directions market said whatever yawned and proceeded to SELL lol but - grades were expected to be better than overall grade of 1.3% - this questions the economics - market said "so what" and shareprice got hammered - also the lithium environment has attraced every rock chip sample company claiming LITHIUM in spades however as we know from previous experience only those who can firm up and back up their findings will survive in the lithium bubble ( if you want to call it that lol) and there are plenty of wanna bee outfits so JORC compliant is necessary as with any commodity which requires lots of exploration money / share dilution as a result of Capital raising and drill rigs onsite :D

ADV still has good potential but its a case of " show me the money"

Significant grades of Li2O returned in all samples with an overall
average lithium grade at 1.3% Li2O.
 60% of all drill samples returned lithium grades above 1.0% Li2O
(average grade 1.8% Li2O) while 38% of samples returned grades of
more than 1.5% Li2O (average grade of 2.2% Li2O).
 Hole RL-16-06 intersected 70 metres of continuous Li2O
mineralisation with an average grade of 1.7% Li2O including:
 15m at 1.7% Li2O from 7m down-hole, including 6m at 2.2% Li2O
1m at 2.7% Li2O and 1m at 3.8% Li2O;
 9m at 2.0% Li2O from 24m down-hole, including 3m at 2.3% Li2O
and 1m at 2.5% Li2O;
 7m at 2.3% Li2O from 34m down-hole, including 4m at 3.1% Li2O
and 1m at 3.6% Li2O.

SCHUMACHER
12-07-2016, 12:36 PM
CXO - CORE EXPLORATION
Announcement released yesterday afternoon - presentation
http://www.aspectfinancial.com.au/do...A==&popup=true

looking good people - just need to clear 3.8c and she should run hard - been consolidating around here for a week so primed and ready for next run - going to be interesting thats for sure and the CXOOA options should move up soon as they are lagging way behind now

for those who dont know - the capital raising price to sophisticated investors was 4.2c so a bargain at the moment
I think the first breakout will head towards 4.5c which was a previous high and if we clear that then a bit of blue sky territory - dont forget it was at 6c not too long ago back in April so lots to look forward to with CXO and im certain patience will be rewarded

I think that those trading for a few pips will potentially miss the bIG run

oPTIONS are good play for the medium term for better leverage \\

GLTA

Joshuatree
11-08-2016, 09:34 PM
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16 , 30/6/16 11/08/16

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c ,27c, 24c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick ,1.7c,
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c, 3.5c Brines next to ORE ,2.1c
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c ,47c,31c
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c,45.5c,38c
GXY 36c 39.5c ,T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 50c,40.5c
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c,2.7c,2.1c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c ,3.4c,2.4c
GMM 56c 61.5c T/H today see above 75c, 78.5c,71c
PLP 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c ,1.6c,1.5c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63, $4.73, $4.24
CXO3.8c

Quite a drop off atm. NMT has just announced a 2c unranked div for troy!.
LITDiggers and Dealers 2016 Presentation-LIT.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2828018/) plus qtrly and IPO go LIGeneration
LRS half yearly and cap Half Yearly Report and Accounts-LRS.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2833713/)
AGY Rincon Project Update-AGY.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2832628/)

Joshuatree
11-08-2016, 09:47 PM
LITDiggers and Dealers 2016 Presentation-LIT.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2828018/) plus qtrly and IPO go LIGeneration
LRS half yearly and cap Half Yearly Report and Accounts-LRS.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2833713/)
EMHQuarterly Activities Report and Quarterly Cashflow Report-EMH.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2824510/)EMH
NMT 2c divExploration Drilling Update,NMT-MIN.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2833503/)
GXY Download Document 219.93KB (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvFDZpiw zewRCWkOh%2B58ZNT7rIGI4VWBRhO1HhlFA%3D) takeover success
ADV Quarterly Activities Report-ADV.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2825949/)
PIO Quarterly Activities Report-ADV.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2825949/)
PLPPlatypus signs JV terms with St Georges-PLP.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2828939/) Further High-Grade Lithium at Lemare-PLP.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2828110/)
Quarterly Activities Report-PLP.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2826022/)
ORE Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report - June 2016-ORE.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2815489/) Corporate presentation to Melbourne Mining Club-
ORE.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2815502/) Regular sales of Lithium up to $11000 plus tonne. Output still improving.
CXO Highly Prospective Lithium Drill Target at Finniss Project-CXO.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2829855/)
First Drilling to commence on Finniss Lithium Project-CXO.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2831604/)

SCHUMACHER
12-08-2016, 07:27 AM

Yes indeed JT
all Lithium stocks pulled back which is good for some of us with freed up cash to start looking for the good ones - i just scooped up ADV at 2.1c yesterday because they hold both Lithium and Graphite plays in Canada/North America currently in middle of drill programme and have $4million in the bank - never thought it would get back to its share price 12 months ago as they have advanced dramatically since then and NOW HAVE A THIRD LITHIUM ASSET THAT THEY RECENTLY ACQUIRED -

refer to ADV graphite project below
http://www.nextsmallcap.com/first-jumbo-flake-graphite-now-high-grade-lithium-adv-grows-its-north-american-portfolio/

Also hold CXO but ADV more advanced IMO

SCHUMACHER
12-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Guys/gals - what are CURRENTLY 2 of your personal FAVOURITE Lithium and/or graphite plays that you like and brief paragraph explaining why you chose them ( give us readers current progress / asset they are developing and a few drill results and mineable grade info) - care to share?????

May be interesting to readers

shasta
12-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Lithium plays, my fav

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AJM&E=ASX&N=783301

Above presentation spells it out, i like them due to the timing of the production, there management credentials and how advanced they are, yes they are a 200 mcap stock , but a lot of the mining uncertainty and risks have been mitigated with the off-take agreements.

I'll have a look through my watchlist for others graphite/lithium plays, this is certainly the most advanced im tracking.

shasta
12-08-2016, 09:18 PM
This next one might be more to your liking Schu, a stock i've mentioned many times over the years.

MLM - Low EV sub 7m, and the sum of the parts are way undervalued, bauxite, graphite, nickel and they looking at bauxite production in 2017.

Wouldn't take too much for this to double its SP, even selling the former jewel in the crown the nickel project, given they will never be able to finance such a large project themselves.

I have a few of these types of stocks on watch too...

Joshuatree
12-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Thanks shasta. To add ; the ticker is AJM. DFS due any day.Spodumene plenty of cash re $25 mill from cap raise? Shorting and traders games?.Re 1.2 billion shares plus options?Lot of shares and dilution.Lot of cap raises maybe.

Holding ORE and EMH. Ore getting up to $17,000 plus!!! per tonne atm for its highest grade of lithium carbonate

Joshuatree
18-08-2016, 12:26 PM
Buffett into Lithium http://www.profitconfidential.com/s...c&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork (http://www.profitconfidential.com/stock/warren-buffetts-investing-in-lithium-technology-should-you-too/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork)

silu
18-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Thank you all for posting in this thread. I'm currently in the process of buying shares in Lithium stocks and there are a mountain to choose from. I appreciate your input into this as I have absolutely no idea how mining stocks work as the only one I ever held went belly-up.

Currently watching AJM/ADV/EMH/ORE looking for entry. You guys think I'd have all bases covered with these?

Aotea
18-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Thank you all for posting in this thread. I'm currently in the process of buying shares in Lithium stocks and there are a mountain to choose from. I appreciate your input into this as I have absolutely no idea how mining stocks work as the only one I ever held went belly-up.

Currently watching AJM/ADV/EMH/ORE looking for entry. You guys think I'd have all bases covered with these?

My pick- Galaxy. They have upside about to be announced with SDV. (disc: Hold GXY and NMT)

Joshuatree
08-09-2016, 04:05 PM
EMH on a roll atm 44c(paid 18c). Driven up with trading on frankfurt and london bourses by the look

Europe's largest lithium deposit
lithium share targeted by VW, Daimler and BMW - 446% chance

Our new lithium top pick European Metals Holdings Limited (SIN AU000000EMH5, WKN A14XRL, Ticker: E861, ASX: EMH) is owned by the largest European lithium deposit. Right on the German-Czech border, in the heart of Europe, there is a huge lithium deposits of up to 5.7 million tonnes of LCE (lithium carbonate equivalent). The highly traded competitors are rated more than 10 times as high. Brave and daring investors waving a rate of 446% chance for the Lithium shares of European Metals Holdings Limited.

5.7 million tonnes of LCE (lithium carbonate equivalent)
value of metal in the bottom of up to EUR 114 billion

Our new lithium top pick European Metals Holdings Limited controls the largest lithium deposits in Europe. Located in the heart of Europe huge lithium deposit has a resource of enormous lithium 5.7 million tonnes of lithium carbonate equivalent. The price of lithium carbonate had increased fivefold since 2014 of EUR 4,000 per tonne to more than 20,000 EUR per. The value of metal in the ground this colossal lithium deposit is thus up to EUR 114 billion.

Potential world-class lithium deposit in the heart of Europe

Located right on the German border lithium deposit Cinovec has the makings of world-class lithium project. The lithium resource categories of Indicated and Inferred is enormous 5.7 million tonnes of LCE. By means of the currently ongoing drilling to the current resource estimate be increased significantly. To 3.4 to 5.3 million tonnes, the LCE resource estimate should be increased with the currently held Bohrmaßnahmen. This would be the greatest Cinovec Lithium Project in the world (non-salt water).

Competitors Pure Energy and Lithium X Energy rated more than 10 times as high

Despite the massive lithium deposit of estimated 5.7 million tons of lithium carbonate European Metals Holdings Limited is currently a market capitalization of only EUR 27.9 million (AUD 42 million) on the stock exchange. The enterprise value per tonne of lithium carbonate is thus at European Metals Holdings minuscule 4.65 EUR (AUD 6.84). How low the lithium stocks of European Metals Holdings Limited are, also shows a comparison with the competitors. The highly traded stock market HighFlyer Pure Energy and Lithium X Energy are rated more than 10 times as high.

Potential takeover target of VW, Daimler and BMW

Europe's largest lithium project could develop the strategically vital supplier for Europe's car industry. Already expected European Metals Holdings Limited in the sights of auto giant Volkswagen, Daimler and BMW, as well as the Battery manufacturer Samsung, LG Electronics and its A123 and could soon be a takeover candidate.

silu
09-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Thanks Joshuatree, I had EMH on my watchlist for a while now but haven't pulled the buy trigger yet. Definetely want to buy after the Drill Programme update and seeing that lately they seem to get some love of German tipsheets.

silu
12-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Tipped my toes into EMH last week at 50 cents. Seemed like a crucial level of resistance which has now been broken.

Joshuatree
12-09-2016, 04:03 PM
EMH up another 17.7% atp 60c on such a down day a 3.3 bagger. ORE knocked down with most others however.

silu
12-09-2016, 04:45 PM
EMH up another 17.7% atp 60c on such a down day a 3.3 bagger. ORE knocked down with most others however.

Usually I don't talk investments with my Austrian friends as I have no real exposure to European markets but one has recommended EMH to me over the weekend. These pesky german tip sheets picking it up seems to have added some fuel to the fire. Talk about bucking the trend today. :)

Joshuatree
12-09-2016, 08:20 PM
70c on the LSE.

Joshuatree
13-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Link: www.lse.co.uk/member-info.asp?nick=arabanoo (http://www.lse.co.uk/member-info.asp?nick=arabanoo)
"EMH- English translation of metis20 link"- Mon 12 Sep 2016 at 13:58

Highlights: "The value of the metal in the ground this colossal lithium deposit is thus up to 114 billion Euros. Potential takeover target of VW, Daimler and BMW. Already expected EMH is in the sights of auto giant VW, Daimler & BMW as well as the Battery manufacturer Samsung, LG and its A123 and could soon be a takeover target.
T/P 1.25 Euro re A$ 1.87 plus

silu
13-09-2016, 11:02 AM
EMH announcement this morning
SIGNIFICANT CAPITAL SAVINGS IN REVIEWED SCOPING STUDY
European Metals Holdings Limited (European Metals) is pleased to announce a significant reduction of pre-production capital costs, based on a review of the scoping study. The review is being undertaken as part of the pre-feasibility study and has resulted in the identification of significant reductions to the previously-released capital expenditure estimations (CAPEX) for the Cinovec Lithium-Tin Project (Cinovec or Project).
Key Points:
• Project economics enhanced
• Significant reduction in CAPEX costs
• USD 38 million saving on mining CAPEX costs
• USD 47 million saving on lithium plant CAPEX costs
• Improved design and operating procedures based on independent studies and market benchmarks
• Savings, designs and operating procedures to be included in improved pre-feasibility study
European Metals CEO, Keith Coughlan said
“The current environment provides an exceptional opportunity for European Metals with low capital costs and increasing prices and demand for lithium carbonate. Cinovec is currently the largest lithium deposit in Europe and conveniently located in close proximity to multiple end-users. Enhanced economics are making the project even more attractive.
“The reduced capital requirements that we have achieved improve the project economics and shorten the payback period. This assists greatly in attracting development finance.
“We will continue to report on improvements to aspects of the pre-feasibility study. Metallurgical testing and test work on the front end of the proposed process route are progressing with positive results that we expect to announce shortly.
“We are very pleased with the progress on all facets of the pre-feasibility study currently being completed on Cinovec. Significant improvements are evident in all aspects and will result in further enhancments to project economics.”

NeverQuestion
01-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Anyone Taking a serious look at ASX:LIT?

"Lithium Australia recently commenced pilot testing of its 100% owned lithium extraction process, Sileach™, at the ANSTO Minerals facility in New South Wales.

The first test will consist of a 24 hour commissioning run of the circuit.

The results will then be examined prior to commencing continuous operations in about two weeks.

Pilot testing will lead to a decision being made to proceed with construction of a larger-scale pilot plant, for which Port Hedland is currently the preferred location.

Lithium Australia recently won its second grant, this time from the federal government to support the commercialisation of its Sileach™ process."

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/70937/lithium-australia-nl-prepares-to-spin-out-graphite-assets-in-western-australia-70937.html

Joshuatree
10-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Re 6 down and 6 up atm
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Joshuatree http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?p=627077#post627077)
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16 , 30/6/16 11/08/16 7/10/16

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c ,27c, 24c,19.5c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick ,1.7c, 1.4c
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c, 3.5c Brines next to ORE ,2.1c,2.6c
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c ,47c,31c,55,5c
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c,45.5c,38c ,34c
GXY 36c 39.5c ,T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 50c,40.5c,33.5c
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c,2.7c,2.1c,2.6c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c ,3.4c,2.4c, 2.1c
GMM 56c 61.5c T/H today see above 75c, 78.5c,71c, now WLC .009c
PLP 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c ,1.6c,1.5c,1.8c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63, $4.73, $4.24, $3.32
CXO3.8c, 13.5c

JBmurc
12-10-2016, 08:59 AM
As a result, there will be continuing pressure to find less polluting ways to power vehicles. Fuel cells, which employ a platinum catalyst to combine hydrogen and oxygen, are likely to become one of the chosen technologies, especially for large vehicles that must be able to travel long distances, he argued.
“This is seriously important to the precious-metals business,” he said. A typical fuel-cell-powered car might use an ounce of platinum.
The next generation of cars such as the Tesla Model 3 will also require large amounts of copper because of the metal’s use in high-efficiency induction motors, he predicted.
However, many of the new cars will no longer need rare earths, a group of elements used in many consumer electronics, he stressed.
Chinese suppliers have dominated the production of rare earths in recent years and have been accused of driving up prices, but “don’t worry about the Chinese squeezing our testicles,” he said. “We don’t need them any more.”
Neither, he said, will the world need as much lithium as many projections declare. “I think most lithium mines are also going to end in tears,” he predicted, as fuel cells prove to be superior to lithium ion batteries for many applications.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...future-mining-financier-says/article32086630/

Joshuatree
19-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Many lithium wannabes are just cons for management to milk. Lithium tech way ahead of fuel cells imo but there is room for both eventually.Meanwhile

12 lithium giga factories and counting

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Tesla-Apple-and-Uber-Push-Lithium-Prices-Even-Higher.html (http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Tesla-Apple-and-Uber-Push-Lithium-Prices-Even-Higher.html)

silu
19-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the article JT. I have taken a back seat buying Lithium stocks due to lack of funds and also which seems like a correction across the board over the last few weeks when buyers seem to have gotten ahead of themselves.
Currently only holding EMH. Looking for entry points into GXY & ADV in the coming days. Care to suggest any other companies I should have a close look at?

Joshuatree
19-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Not looking silu.EMH and ORE are still it for me.Waiting for ORE to trend up again and add to.

shasta
19-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Not looking silu.EMH and ORE are still it for me.Waiting for ORE to trend up again and add to.

Have you looked into AJM? i like the looks of this project, would be good to get some feedback how it compares.

silu
19-10-2016, 03:54 PM
I've looked into AJM a couple of months ago but as it is in a serious downturn I have stopped researching it further. Does it warrant a second look?

Jinx
20-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Anyone interested in Lithium should have a read up on LRS.
Just got concessions granted for 77,000 hectors of Argentinian lithium fertile ground, SP hasn't reacted much making it a decent buy at this point IMO.

Disc: Obviously hold LRS and am bullish on lithium in general.

Pintboy568
21-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know of any listed companies making lithium batteries for market? Mining for lithium seems a bit hit and miss. Making products takes some of the miss out of it.

Joshuatree
21-10-2016, 11:34 AM
I can't help you there Pintboy.
EMH outstanding lithium recoveries PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01792046). Hoping to ride this stock and participate in cap raises for some time.Sticking with just ORE and EMH atm;admit I'm pretty blinkered to other lithium plays atm; just haven't the time and energy for one and know there are a lot of useless risky wannabes out there. EMH also having the worlds largest undeveloped tin project adds spice.DYOR

Pintboy568
21-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks Joshuatree, I shall start there and continue researching till I run out of energy. Te he.

Joshuatree
22-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Ha . go for it. I forgot LIT in the lithium space. i was in that for awhile and maybe again

Joshuatree
24-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know of any listed companies making lithium batteries for market? Mining for lithium seems a bit hit and miss. Making products takes some of the miss out of it.

Forgot about RFX Redflow but its zinc bromine esp for longer term flow cycling solar stor age i think.

Joshuatree
27-10-2016, 11:07 PM
LIT 6kg of 99% pure lithium carbonate produced from pilot Download Document 423.33KB (http://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvFDZpiw bLnUyIruh19stNT7rIH4wUVxZgPlHhlFA%3D)
EMH coming off the boil after another run to a new high of 67c ; currently 62.5c Outstanding Lithium Recoveries at a Coarse Grind-EMH.AX (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/2979494/)

silu
28-10-2016, 02:01 PM
I have decided to put the cart in front of the horse this week and doubled my holding of EMH at 63c. Hoping that the results of the final 3 drill holes will be positive and can see a serious re-rate afterwards.

Joshuatree
31-10-2016, 03:03 PM
EMH taking a breather today but a great turnaround for ORE today ;love the smell of burning shorts this morning:).Up 19% plus atm. speeding ticket coming?

silu
31-10-2016, 03:13 PM
EMH taking a breather today but a great turnaround for ORE today ;love the smell of burning shorts this morning:).Up 19% plus atm. speeding ticket coming?

No news after several down weeks and +19% for the day?

silu
19-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Couple of links of interest re EMH (European Metal Holdings):

The MD made a presentation on 16th November outlining the positives of EMH. One of the largest lithium deposits in the world plus a big tin deposit with rising tin prices. Low cost production. It's location in the heart of Europe close to the German car manufacturers. Very impressive presentation all round.
https://youtu.be/bBrrbytIMWk

Plus an article of interest:
New Tesla Gigafactory Looks At Prague, Czech Republic https://spaceinvader.me/2016/11/17/new-tesla-gigafactory-looks-at-prague-czech-republic/

I'm very bullish on the prospects of EMH. It's low cost non-brine production coupled with its geographical position could mean a big upside from current SP.

discl. hold

Joshuatree
21-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Thanks silu; my conviction is moved to high.S/P nearly/at new high.

"No new fossil fuelled cars allowed in Germany after 2030."2025 in Holland. BMW will be all electric within 10 years.

p.s. Been musing whether to sell down and wait for next cap raise but think there will huge demand from Instos etc that there may well be little in it and a straight placement to a big guy. may exclude us. PFS due early 2017 will be the catapult hopefully.

silu
23-11-2016, 11:20 AM
EMH just announced that the Lithium Indicated Resource at Cinovec Increased by 420%

Wondering if this means a significant increase in its projected yearly revenue of 233 million USD.

Dej
23-11-2016, 03:15 PM
EMH just announced that the Lithium Indicated Resource at Cinovec Increased by 420%

Wondering if this means a significant increase in its projected yearly revenue of 233 million USD.

Here I was trying to get in and they announced this gem.

Has pulled back from its 10% up highs. Looks like it will hover around here for awhile...

Great find Silu.

silu
23-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Actually if the EMH investment turns out to be a great one you'd have to thank Joshuatree. His initial post in this thread made me aware of this company and I started digging further when I found out it's in my neck of the woods (well my Grandfather's one before he emigrated to Austria).

There are of course a few downsides. The biggest one is that it hasn't started producing yet and who knows what despite local support a central government decides.

Joshuatree
23-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Thanks . It was passed to me by a mate i met on H/C years ago and we email alot. He sold as his focus has been purely on gold until recently.happy to be a messenger who can't be shot( Whirling dervish defence shield; and always DYOR:)

silu
24-11-2016, 09:17 AM
EMH's MD Keith Coughlan being interviewed on Sharetalk after yesterday's announcemnt
http://www.share-talk.com/share-news/keith-coughlan-european-metals-holdings-asx-and-aim-emh/

From Min 8:55 onwards Keith talks about potential issues with locals or government regarding opening the Cinovec mine. His short reply was "No we don't foresee any problems". Key points are (a) operating in an existing mining area re-opening an old mine (b) communicating with locals about infrastructure and environmental concerns (c) support from the Mayor (d) area with high unemployment which would welcome jobs (e) a different mine in the area recently got its permit granted.

Always DYOR

Joshuatree
24-11-2016, 12:08 PM
The resource was always and will keep growing:).

Meanwhile my other lithium play ORE is entering another sweet spot.S/P closed in C$4.40's on TX last nite.
Partnership with Advantage Lithium on Exploration Projects (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3064703/)

Cauchari Exploration Target Revision (http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3064706/)

silu
08-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Great interview with EMH MD Keith Coughlan on Radio Prague http://www.radio.cz/en/section/marketplace/small-czech-border-town-set-for-lithium-mining-boom

silu
09-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Also holding Galaxy Resources GXY which had a nice few up days to a current SP of 51c. They are actually already producing and shipping lithium concentrate out of Mt Cattlin. There's some rumour that Albemarle is sniffing around but you know, rumours are just often only rumours.

discl. hold EMH & GXY

silu
15-12-2016, 08:47 AM
Galaxy (GXY) yesterday announced solid lithium pricing for 2017 selling 120,000 tons of lithium concentrate for US$830/ton to Chinese buyers. Shareholders got rewarded with a 12% jump in SP with still significant upside available.

discl. hold GXY & EMH

silu
12-01-2017, 06:47 PM
GXY enjoying a nice little run of late with an all-time high of 66c and EMH had a great day being close to an all-time high of 70c. They are both still my only lithium plays so far.

Joshuatree
17-01-2017, 11:16 AM
EMH http://www.directorstalk.com/interv...d-nvp-di-excellent-drill-results-encouraging/ (http://www.directorstalk.com/interview-european-metals-holdings-limited-ord-nvp-di-excellent-drill-results-encouraging/)

Joshuatree
17-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Chinese company ramping up to be bigger then Teslas giga factory.
http://www.hybridcars.com/chinese-battery-company-aims-for-prominence-in-global-electric-car-market/

And Norway has 30% of mkt for new cars in 2016; in Electric cars in a few short years!!
http://ev-sales.blogspot.com/2017/01/norway-december-2015.html (https://ev-sales.blogspot.com/2017/01/norway-december-2015.html) both sources from niu.

silu
20-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Q&A with Keith Coughlan Managing Director at EUROPEAN METALS HOLDINGS LIMITED ORD NPV (DI) (LON:EMH)

Posted by: Amilia Stone 18th January 2017

EUROPEAN METALS HOLDINGS LIMITED ORD NPV (DI) (LON:EMH) Managing Director Keith Coughlan caught up with DirectorsTalk for an exclusive interview to discuss the completion of their drill programme and the appointment of a Czech Country Manager

Q1: Now you’ve announced some further good drill results today and the completion of the current drilling programme. What’s the significance of the results?

A1: Well firstly, yes, you’re right, we have announced some excellent drill results really, in fact one of the holes returned the best lithium intervals that we’ve had from all of our drilling to date, an intersection of over 260 metres at better than 0.5% lithium oxide so that’s very encouraging. The significance of it, firstly the significance of completing that programme on time, on budget etc. is very good, it indicates that the drill is reliable and that the drilling has gone according to plan. In terms of the result of the holes themselves, significance is that it continues to increase our confidence in the ore body, it’s a very consistent substantial ore body, we’re very happy with the way all of the drilling has fallen into place. It would lead into a further resource upgrade for us between now and the completion of the preliminary feasibility study which I think is also significant, we put out a resource upgrade towards the end of November, quite a significant one, I’m not sure if you recall, an increase 420% in the indicated resource and that was a very significant upgrade. So, we expect to have another good strong upgrade between now and the end of the PFS, as I say, these sort of drill hits help us a lot with the calculation of that upgrade.

Q2: You mentioned in an announcement before Christmas that you would have further metallurgical work done in the New Year, can you tell us when you might be able to update the market on that and any further news really?

A2: Certainly, on the metallurgical work we’ve said that in our announcement pre-Christmas, the one in which we announced we’d produced the battery-grade lithium carbonate at a grade of about 99.5%. Fair to say that the Christmas/New Year period is a little slow in Western Australia, everyone’s at the beach and enjoying the sun. So, the lab work has gone a little slower than I’d hoped over the past couple of weeks but I do think we’ll be in a position to make the announcement we alluded to within the next fortnight and we’re looking forward to making that announcement. I think we’ll be able to upgrade what were already good results on the lithium carbonate production and talk about any impurities as well and I think that’ll be a significant announcement.

In terms of other announcements, it’s going to be a busy time right through from now until the PFS, certainly January and February will be busy, they’ll be further drilling results, the last couple of holes of that previous programme will come through in this period of time. We’ll be able to talk more about which metallurgical process we will be going with in the PFS following this next round of metallurgical results and further developments that will all lead into the conclusion of the PFS so quite a bit of news over January and February for people to look forward to.

Q3: Now European Metals Holdings Limited ORD NPV (DI) announced the appointment of a Czech Country Manager, how will that help the progress of the project?

A3: We did Giles, Richard Pavlik, who we are very very delighted to get on board. We met Richard when he was doing some work for one of our consultants in the Czech Republic in fact and he’s a thirty-year mining veteran in the Czech Republic. He’s worked for some very big companies over there, primarily in the area of coal which is one of the largest mined commodities in the Czech Republic and Richard brings that sort of long-term in-Country experience. In particular, from our point of view, he’s dealt with the various ministries, the various levels of government in regards to permitting and all those that are the next stage of development for us in the project as we pass through the PFS stage, go into the DFS and look to get our mining licence and all these sorts of things that we require, our environmental impact studies. All those important points, Richard will be invaluable in helping us along the path with all of those things.

Joshuatree
20-01-2017, 05:22 PM
EMH http://www.directorstalk.com/interv...d-nvp-di-excellent-drill-results-encouraging/ (http://www.directorstalk.com/interview-european-metals-holdings-limited-ord-nvp-di-excellent-drill-results-encouraging/)

Prefer to listen to it myself; get much more out of it;)

Joshuatree
25-01-2017, 10:43 PM
LPI ,a new one with the 4th highest grade salar in the world. Bought a few DYOR (i may or may not have done any)

silu
03-02-2017, 11:54 AM
It's going to be a very, very exciting month ahead for EMH. Let's see if I can do a little happy dance in the near future.

Jinx
03-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Very exciting month for many Li stocks, holding LRS and ADV myself. This year people will be blown away with how much electric and self driving cars enter the global market pushing the Li price through the roof.

LRS are currently drilling in the "Lithium triangle" of the world - Anything other then a null result will send the sp vertical.

ADV have just turned up 60m thick graphite and are currently mining for Li - Advantage of adv is there are two possible catalysts to send sp up.

Joshuatree
03-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Know when to hold them know when to fold them is what i keep reminding myself. jeez the takeup in NZ of electric cars seems very low so iscart ahead of the horse?.Anyone got any stats globally? Am all for it myself; environmental speaking. Not much to choose from here ,other than a 2nd hand nissan leaf with 150km range max or the premium Tesla..

Joshuatree
06-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Action in t Lithium stocks bodes well for the sector . Takeover offer of LPD by LIT.
PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01825727)

EMH trading higher in London and Germany; still a very favoured sector to ride. Currently Holding ORE, EMH, LPI. DYOR
ORE a multi bagger but held for a long time
EMH a 4.5 bagger in a short time.

Joshuatree
09-02-2017, 10:23 PM
January EV Sales Rise 70% In US, As Chevrolet Bolt EV, Volt and Toyota Prius Prime Soar (http://insideevs.com/january-ev-sales-rise-70-in-us-as-chevrolet-bolt-ev-volt-and-toyota-prius-prime-soar/)

Joshuatree
10-02-2017, 11:50 AM
EMH final 3 drill holes PDF (http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncement.do?display=pdf&idsId=01827221) "The sheer size of Cinovec is highlighted by the 361m intercept which is in a league of its own in the lithium space""These results confirm or exceed our expectations"

silu
10-02-2017, 01:00 PM
And EMH's Cinovec is a non-brine deposit which China prefers.

silu
10-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Copied from Lithium World:
Brine versus Hard Rock
Okay well it seems consensus is that brines are cheaper and quicker to mine than hard rock, right? Well, that's what we've been told for many years. However, I'm starting to wonder if this is a bit like the drug companies running their own safety reports.
I'm not suggesting they are wrong, just rattling a few things around...
First of all who said brines are quicker and easier? Brine companies, analysts, wealth funds, and even independent researchers? So why would we question it? Well, I for one always think about vested interests and whether there is one. When I look behind the reports I look at who is providing the information and how it is derived. By the way, many of those reports are from North American origin where they know a lot about....brines...
Now I'm not suggesting what they say is not the case. This is more about the kind of questions that have been flowing through that cavity between my ears over the past few months. The more activity that goes on in there the more questions I get.
So here let's just look at some of the questions....I should state here that brines are really a by-product of the potash industry. So we have to include a bit about Potash because really they are mining for potash and getting a bit of lithium on the side. In the same way hard rock mining is mining for lithium and maybe some Tantalum as a bi-product. Kind of the other way around.
In analysing the question...
1. Who were we comparing too? For example, were we comparing the best brine deposit with the worst hard rock deposit? Or the other way around?
2. For hard rock, are we comparing only Spodumene or heaven forbid do they include other hard rock.
3. If Spodumene is so expensive to produce then why do the Chinese seem to prefer lithium concentrate from Spodumene?
Could it be a quality issue that is not mentioned in the reports.
I mean I lived there many years and I don't recall them ever using expensive products. Inferior at times, but never expensive.
4. Who estimates the price of lithium from brines? I mean potash is the big deal here so who decides how much of the cost factor is assigned to potash and how much to lithium. If Potash prices were low would they then assign less cost structure to Potash and more to Lithium in their reports. hmmmm...
5. Funny thing is I have heard the sweeping statements which is why I first sensed a bad smell in there somewhere. Who provided that information. Why does it seem that none of the reports give a detailed analysis of the cost factors they included.
6. They often refer to the initial cost as being low for brines but what about the on-going costs. What about the processing cost.
7. What cost factor do they put on the uncertain and often problematic nature of brines.
There seems a whole lot missing.
Now if anyone can show me a costs comparison with actual cost structures both initial and on-going, please do. Actually if anyone can show me any kind of reports with real facts and figures from start up to on-going supply I would really be fascinated. Small things things would be really handy like..
The location of both brine and hard rock resources.
The lithium content of both
The ability to upscale to technical grade.
The resource size of both
The amount of magnesium in the brine in question.
The local infrastructure
The evaporation rate of the brines in question.
The country risk
The elevation and access of both
The rainfall, humidity and average winds for the brine.
The scalability of both
The period of on-going comparison.
The end quality and comparative contaminants of both.
The amount of time to market once established.
The ability to up-scale for future demand
The relative damage of both to the environment.
and so on....
Anywhere you can point me would be great. I've read all the usual like how much quicker brines are to establish than hard rock. Not sure who they are referring to for brines? Orocobre? Who else is there? For hard rock? Who are they referring to? Pilgangoora?
You see the problem is that I can't currently see any way to so a real comparison on cost. I can on the length of time to mine and I found those assumptions so general as to be sort of uninteresting.
Anyway, thanks for all the detailed information I'm expecting to come my way. I do warn you that I will track the source of the information so please do not include that which is derived from vested interests. You know, good old fashioned independent thinking.
By the way I noticed Potash pricing falling considerably. Surely that would not be effected by a ramp up in brines? But that's another question....
Just a ramble so please excuse and spelling errors....
Have fun...it's a mine-field out there....

Jinx
12-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Lrs has had a very decent week last week, anyone interested in a speccy lithium play I would recommend reading up on LRS, Assays out in a few weeks and the sp will either go to the moon or retrace to 1c or so. Even if these first results aren't ideal they have 70,000 hectares of Argentinian lithium fertile ground.

Joshuatree
13-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Silicon will blow lithium batteries out of water, says Adelaide firm (https://out.reddit.com/t3_5ti74p?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afr.com%2Fnews%2Fsi licon-will-blow-lithium-batteries-out-of-water-says-adelaide-firm-20170207-gu7eg7&token=AQAAixShWFh-QfBNBnsSh9XcZCFLHKWy5HWuCxRDfneC92Fw31QX&app_name=reddit.com) Too good to be true?

Jinx
14-02-2017, 02:14 AM
Silicon will blow lithium batteries out of water, says Adelaide firm (https://out.reddit.com/t3_5ti74p?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afr.com%2Fnews%2Fsi licon-will-blow-lithium-batteries-out-of-water-says-adelaide-firm-20170207-gu7eg7&token=AQAAixShWFh-QfBNBnsSh9XcZCFLHKWy5HWuCxRDfneC92Fw31QX&app_name=reddit.com) Too good to be true?

I love the reddit link, glad to see others here use it!
I've seen that article plastered across many hotcopper lithium plays, that reddit thread has some decent rebuttals to the idea though. I'm sure Silicon will play a role in batteries of the future, I'm also sure Lithium will too, technology isn't a 0 sum game - they will both win.

Joshuatree
14-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Yep Lithium is the proven tech atm; thats where the action is.
EMH with its great Lithium and great Tin resource is a bit hot atm over $1 equiv on other bourses. Lots more news to come BFS etc fuelling the anticipation.
LPI doing nicely too atm
ORE struggling around price wise a geriatric next to the youngsters.

silu
14-02-2017, 09:25 AM
EMH up 19.45% on the LSE to 0.654 GBP = AUD1.07!!

Currently still only holding EMH and GXY.

silu
14-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Great opening by EMH - jumped into No 3 of my biggest holdings. Let's hope all that money that is flowing into it at the moment is on the smart side.

Joshuatree
14-02-2017, 02:04 PM
And a T/H on LPI ..."Pursuant to ASX Listing Rule 17.1, Lithium Power International Limited (ASX: LPI) (“LPI”) seeks atrading halt, with immediate effect, in relation to material results of the completion of the resourcedrilling program, including our 360m drill hole to be announced to the market. "

Joshuatree
15-02-2017, 12:47 PM
LPI 2nd highest results in the world to date. S/P up another 10% to 42c was as high as 47c
DEEP DRILLING CONFIRMS NEW HIGH GRADE LITHIUM DISCOVERY (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3227438/)

EMH now $1.27

How are other lithium stocks going; rising tide.....?

Joshuatree
15-02-2017, 01:04 PM
3 down 8 up on 15/2/17. A few bolters
http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Joshuatree http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?p=627077#post627077)
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16 , 30/6/16 11/08/16 7/10/16 15/2/17

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c ,27c, 24c,19.5c 17c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick ,1.7c, 1.4c ,2c
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c, 3.5c Brines next to ORE ,2.1c,2.6c, 2.9c
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c ,47c,31c,55,5c, $1.27
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c,45.5c,38c ,34c ,34c
GXY 36c 39.5c ,T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 50c,40.5c,33.5c,54.7c
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c,2.7c,2.1c,2.6c, 2.8c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c ,3.4c,2.4c, 2.1c, 2.5c
GMM 56c 61.5c T/H today see above 75c, 78.5c,71c, now WLC .009c Delisted
PLP/LPD 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c ,1.6c,1.5c,1.8c, 1.5c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63, $4.73, $4.24, $3.32, $3.86
CXO3.8c, 13.5c ,8,9c
LPI 30.5c , 42c

3 down and 8 up , a few boaters there.

P.S Add DKO 7/10/16 7.5c 15/2/17 6.4c

Joshuatree
15-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Sold a few EMH @ $1.29 (my entry 17c)today to free carry and make some cash profit to boot. These don't come along very often and I'm set for when the cap raise comes.

silu
20-02-2017, 11:35 AM
You got an awesome return from EMH there JT - well done. I'm still holding on to mine. I guess any cap raise might come with the PFS.

Joshuatree
20-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks; its who i know not what; glad others have benefited with this one.Jeez s/p all over the place. From $1.30 down to 98.5c now back up to $1.22!!! in a very few days:confused:

Joshuatree
27-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Yes the PFS due in tomorrow if they are on time and they will be low on cash since the $3mill cap raise last qtr.

Joshuatree
07-03-2017, 11:31 AM
EMH.Still maybe a month away for pfs.

Heres the boss doing a short presentation'2017 will be a very busy year' says European Metals boss Keith Coughlan (http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/stocktube/7040/-2017-will-be-a-very-busy-year-says-european-metals-boss-keith-coughlan-7040.html)

silu
07-03-2017, 12:49 PM
EMH and GXY still my only lithium holdings. Cost production seems to be the No 1 issue for future explorers. ORE one example of high cost producer getting smashed on the share price. Currently staying away from buying any more stocks in this sector. However, this doesn't diminish my bullish hopes for EMH.

Joshuatree
07-03-2017, 12:59 PM
ORE been one of the top shorted stocks for awhile. latest announcement re downgrade in production for all of next year due to pond management issues a real kick in the proverbial. They manage to keep coming up with a stuffup and ,I absolutely do not believe management when they say no more cap raises; that guarantees there will be one. Long suffering holder here but from sub 50c .

Joshuatree
07-03-2017, 10:54 PM
PS ORE is not a high cost producer, re US$3500 a tonne excluding Royalties and corporate costs.Currently getting around $10,000 tonne for top grade. Plans to double production and build plant in Japan means ongoing finance.

Joshuatree
13-03-2017, 12:06 PM
LPI research report out . LOM for 30 years at 50% yield.Lots of derisking to go on this . 50% risk factor built in to this report.Download Now (http://www.lithiumpowerinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/20170312-LPI-Research-Report1.pdf)

Regi
13-03-2017, 03:57 PM
ADV looking ready for a little run technical wise.

I don't hold.

silu
31-03-2017, 10:05 AM
EMH had a nice bounce on the LSE and announced the following:
"The Company announces that all reports pertaining to its imminent Preliminary Feasibility Study ("PFS") have been completed and are currently being collated. The Company now looks forward to announcing the key financial output of the PFS in April 2017.

The Company notes the recent increase in its share price on ASX, AIM and the German bourses today and draws shareholders' attention to the article published in Automotive News Europe within the past 48 hours discussing BMW's plans with regards to securing lithium supplies in Europe."

Hmm. The only article I could find was this one http://europe.autonews.com/article/20170328/BLOG15/170329876/lithium-next-german-power-play and unless they want us to follow a red herring it seems that we could be in for some exciting months ahead.

On a different note - I bought some Lithium Americas Corp (LACDF) on the OTC market after a positive DSF and some tweets I've seen. Fwiw they work on a $12,000/t price.
The results of the Stage 1 DFS are provided in Table 1 on a 100% equity project basis:
Table 1: Cauchari-Olaroz Stage 1 DFS Results
Stage 1 DFS
Lithium carbonate price $12,000/t Li2CO3
Average annual production 25,000 tpa Li2CO3
Expected project life 40 years
Project capital costs $425 million
Operating costs $2,495/t Li2CO3
Average annual EBITDA $233 million
Pre-tax NPV 10% discount $1,266 million
After-tax NPV 10% discount $803 million
Pre-tax IRR 34.0%
After-tax IRR 28.4%
Payback period 3 years, 5 months

Joshuatree
31-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Thanks silu; looking forward to today.There has been a bit of a lull in the Lithium space, my ones that is.

ORE has been getting up to $12,000 tonne too so thats feasible for LACDF. Not all product is top grade of course (for ORE anyway) so good to know what % of product are getting lesser $ too.

Joshuatree
31-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Taken another third off the table today @$1.295 ,buying something else.Will leave the last third in all going well and hope for a cap raise if the PFS satisfies an expectant mkt.

2/4 The DFS may take another year so plenty of time for the s/p to drop back hopefully.Interview with CEO Keith Coglan

https://youtu.be/XkKpiA2BNpk

Joshuatree
04-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Been wanting a useful site like this; gives sales increases in USA for electric cars etc etc etc. i note no renault zoe models there(these are taking off with the new 41kw powerpacks)
Inside EVs | Electric Vehicle News, Reviews, and Reports (https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwic3e_754nTAhWIX5QKHcqLDqcQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Finsideevs.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNGFITsipPSt9SNQvAkje5b81WMRkw)

Nissan may have a 60KW battery out soonish that will deal to range issues for sure.

Joshuatree
04-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Govt plan India vehicles to be all electric by 2030!!!

http://www.climatechangenews.com/2017/03/29/indian-oil-majors-prepare-electric-vehicle-boom/ (http://www.climatechangenews.com/2017/03/29/indian-oil-majors-prepare-electric-vehicle-boom/)

silu
18-04-2017, 01:02 PM
I've been watching PLS (Pilbara Mines) for a while now but lately it has been dropping badly but am very tempted to look at anything below 30c. Anyone here holding?

Vish
19-04-2017, 10:36 AM
I've been watching PLS (Pilbara Mines) for a while now but lately it has been dropping badly but am very tempted to look at anything below 30c. Anyone here holding?

Yup have been holding for a while now, one of my long term stocks.

Vish
19-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Here's Motley's take on it -
http://www.fool.com.au/2017/04/18/why-the-pilbara-minerals-ltd-share-price-got-crushed-today/

silu
19-04-2017, 12:33 PM
I should have taken my own advise and sold some EMH off before the PFS. Market doesn't seem to like it.

silu
19-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Pulled the trigger and sold half of my EMH holding at 95c. Don't think the share price is going anywhere upwards for a while and am willing so sell them all should they fall even further in the days ahead. If there is one thing that I'm still learning as an adult in the investing world is that I still struggle with selling stock that has made me good returns. Here I am sitting on a +80% profit within less than a year and yet still feel sick about the lost opportunity.

Joshuatree
19-04-2017, 01:15 PM
IRR 21% less and cost per tonne (although the 4th cheapest in the chart supplied) more than expected by the mkt maybe. Still they are moving straight into the DFS from here. Folks also surprised re roasting then using LMax which although unproven was expected to be cheaper cost wise; just surmising. Plus or minus 25% cost wise so a lot of variables for the DFS to firm up about year away.

It took me years situ to learn to partially take profits on the way up to reduce my av price or free carry asap. Being aware of timelines between mkt moving announce,ments helps too. Protecting ones profits and capital becomes the first rule; but hey i still stuff up and take losing punts etc depending if its in the trading port or investment portfolio.

silu
19-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Thanks JT. I always forget that in my high-risk portfolio swings will be more severe and that I actually set it up so I can do the odd gamble and take profits along the way. I just got too emotionally involved with EMH. I still have a small parcel that is now almost free hold so I still have exposure to it.

Joshuatree
21-04-2017, 12:42 PM
Volatility plus in s/p.Recovering yest to $1.07 after dropping into 80's now re 95c

"Managing director Keith Coughlan said the PFS highlighted the potential for Cinovec to be "the world's lowest cost hard rock producer of lithium carbonate due to its unique geological and metallurgical characteristics", pointing out that Cinovec's location in central Europe was close to the many of the continent's vehicle manufacturers.
"These results, coupled with the macro outlook for the lithium industry, particularly in Europe, highlight the attractiveness of the project. As a result, we will move directly into a definitive feasibility study to accelerate the project towards development."
But some analysts said the study was a let-down and investors clearly felt the same, with the share price dropping as low as 0.83p on Wednesday afternoon from its previous close of 1.25p.
"Oh dear," said Yuen Low at Shore Capital, adding that an IRR of 21% would be pretty decent for large projects with capex and NPVs in the multiple billions of dollars range.
"For something the size of Cinovec, using historically high prices, we would have preferred to see at least 25%, and preferably significantly better.
"The marginal nature of the project is emphasised by its sensitivity to the lithium price assumption: a mere 10% reduction in the lithium price would see NPV fall to c.US$300m; a 20% reduction, to just over US$200m.
Given that AIM-listed EMH is still planning to complete a bankable feasibility study (BFS), let alone raise construction funding, build the project and go into production, he judged the current market cap of almost £100m was "rather fully" valuing the company at its present stage of development.
Broker SP Angel said a forthcoming definitive feasibility study should firm up the project parameters. "We look forward to future developments."

Joshuatree
24-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Research article from patersons valuing EMH @ $1.68 hasn't helped the s/p much; should settle down i hope.It is traded on at least two bourses.
Download Document 380.71KB (https://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvTDYC4g m1yxmZpfpxke92GA%3D%3D)

JBmurc
22-05-2017, 09:08 AM
http://www.afcea.org/content/?q=Article-bye-bye-lithium-ion-batteries

Researchers at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory’s (NRL) Chemistry Division developed a 3-D zinc “sponge” architecture that will extend the life of the cells in today's single-use batteries and provide a safer alternative to fire-prone lithium-ion batteries, officials announced Thurs

Joshuatree
22-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Disclose ; sold my last holding in EMH today. Will watch from the side with the money in the tin.

Joshuatree
08-07-2017, 10:33 AM
GMM has moved from dead duck,to well positioned,then to poised,and is now off like a rocket.!!
Since 20/4/2015 the share price has risen..1245.24%..[according to Yahoo finance].

Percy you've sold. How much gain ,did it go well, congrats if so?

JBmurc
11-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Views on AJM.asx see they have some pretty huge upside on the back of the offtake agreements recently signed

shasta
12-07-2017, 01:33 PM
I like AJM in this sector, but am holding NMT. I like there future plans beyond just Mt Marion. They tried to sell there 13.8% in the project but now keeping it on the back of price rise $US750 to $US841 DMT. Interesting IP technology JV with Mineral Resources (MIN) also.

JBmurc
17-07-2017, 05:45 PM
https://finfeed.com/features/identifying-oversold-tax-loss-selling-stocks-investors-targeting/20170714/

JBmurc
19-07-2017, 03:44 PM
On board AJM @15.5c see how this trades from here

silu
19-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Good luck JB. I sold my two lithium holdings in EMH and GXY for the time being. Would have held on to GXY if I wouldn't have needed the money for a house deposit.

Joshuatree
18-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Just sold LPI for great gains in another runup nearing two previous peaks. If I'm lucky i may buy back if/when it falls away again.

cammo
18-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Also in on AJM, ADV, STA

silu
18-09-2017, 02:50 PM
My only lithium play is LACDF (Lithium Americas) on the American OTC market - sitting on +86% after buying early this year. Continuing to hold as it looks like a great project and well financed.

forgot to add - Congrats JT - always great to bank a profit.

Joshuatree
03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
GXY and AGY the big winners atm ORE (producer)tracking up too. AGY looks insanely overpriced.
Originally Posted by Joshuatree ] (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?p=639968#post639968)
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16 , 30/6/16 11/08/16 7/10/16 15/2/17 3/10/17

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c ,27c, 24c,19.5c 17c, 13.5c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick ,1.7c, 1.4c ,2c,.003c
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c, 3.5c Brines next to ORE ,2.1c,2.6c, 2.9c,31c!!
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c ,47c,31c,55,5c, $1.27, 75c
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c,45.5c,38c ,34c ,34c,29c
GXY 36c 39.5c ,T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 50c,40.5c,33.5c,54.7c,$2.74!
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c,2.7c,2.1c,2.6c, 2.8c, 2c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c ,3.4c,2.4c, 2.1c, 2.5c, 1.4c
PLP/LPD 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c ,1.6c,1.5c,1.8c, 1.5c,1.2c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63, $4.73, $4.24, $3.32, $3.86, $4.70
CXO3.8c, 13.5c ,8,9c, 5.4c
LPI 30.5c , 42c, 39c

Joshuatree
03-10-2017, 12:02 PM
GXY and AGY the big winners atm ORE (producer)tracking up too. AGY looks insanely overpriced.Thanks have added AJM trading halt regarding financial transaction.Great timing guys:t_up:
Originally Posted by Joshuatree ] (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?p=639968#post639968)
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16 , 30/6/16 11/08/16 7/10/16 15/2/17 3/10/17

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c ,27c, 24c,19.5c 17c, 13.5c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick ,1.7c, 1.4c ,2c,.003c
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c, 3.5c Brines next to ORE ,2.1c,2.6c, 2.9c,31c!!
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c ,47c,31c,55,5c, $1.27, 75c
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c,45.5c,38c ,34c ,34c,29c
GXY 36c 39.5c ,T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 50c,40.5c,33.5c,54.7c,$2.74!
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c,2.7c,2.1c,2.6c, 2.8c, 2c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c ,3.4c,2.4c, 2.1c, 2.5c, 1.4c
PLP/LPD 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c ,1.6c,1.5c,1.8c, 1.5c,1.2c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63, $4.73, $4.24, $3.32, $3.86, $4.70
CXO3.8c, 13.5c ,8,9c, 5.4c
LPI 30.5c , 42c, 39c
AJM 12/4/15 ,19c ,3/10/17, 27c

JBmurc
03-10-2017, 01:05 PM
AJM 12/4/15 ,19c ,3/10/17, 27c

Yes AJM been going great of late ....just gone into Trading Halt around "financing ann" ..... have got a 29.5c sell order in now just hope to get a top before a breather and get back in around the mid 20's

clearasmud
03-10-2017, 02:13 PM
GXY had a 5:1 consolidation .

Nli (dko) 4/5/16 20c now 4.6c.
Sad! but great potential.
http://www.novolitio.net/investor-centre/analyst-coverage/download?path=Novo_Litio_Initiation.01.pdf

Joshuatree
03-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Thanks clearasmud.
EMH up todayMemorandum of Understanding Signed with Czech Government (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3727803/)

shasta
03-10-2017, 03:33 PM
For those unaware of NMT, well worth a read of there projects/latest presentation, a 13.8 percent chunk of Mt Marion in production already, but with an option to use the production for there own downstream projects in the future.

Its in their IP and higher margin downstream projects that interests me and there links with MIN.

Unlike most of my shares, this is a long term investment to add to on SP weakness, as i can see juicy dividends down the track, and its my only exposure to lithium.

Cashed up, no debt and plenty on the go to keep up the news flow for the rest of 2017, yet the SP hasn't responded...

JBmurc
03-10-2017, 04:15 PM
NMT getting some interest .....

looks a low risk BUY to me ... maybe not as exicting at AJM at the moment but a Good Buy n hold

JBmurc
03-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Hot on the heels of Pilbara Minerals' deal with Chinese automaker Great Wall, it is believed Galaxy Resources has inked an agreement with Tesla battery supplier Panasonic.

Battery makers like Japan's Panasonic have been looking to lock in supplies of high quality lithium to ensure they have enough material to meet demand for their lithium-ion batteries, used to power electric vehicles.

Sources told Street Talk managing director Anthony Tse, chairman Martin Rowley and other directors were in Japan for a signing ceremony two weeks ago. Shipping data also shows product from Mt Cattlin being shipped to Japan.

Galaxy, capitalised at $1.1 billion, would appeal to these battery companies as it is one of the few producers that hasn't locked all of its production into agreements with long-term customers.

Galaxy currently supplies spodumene concentrate produced from its Mt Cattlin mine in Western Australia to lithium converters in China, which then make the lithium chemical used by battery manufacturers.

It has agreements to sell 120,000 tonnes of concentrate from Mt Cattlin in 2017 and is expected to announce a 2018 offtake agreement before the end of the year.

Galaxy is also developing the Sal de Vida lithium brine project in Argentina and has been flagging for months discussions with "investors, offtakers and potential strategic partners" for the project's production.

Galaxy chief financial officer Alan Rule told reporters on the sidelines of the Diggers and Dealers conference in August the company had held discussions with large car manufacturers about lithium supply, particularly from Sal de Vida.

"They are very active right now and they have been for the past couple of months," Rule said in August.

It comes after fellow West Australian lithium miner Pilbara Minerals struck a deal with Great Wall to sell up 150,000 tonnes a year of product from Pilbara's Pilgangoora project in Western Australia.

From today's AFR

Joshuatree
03-10-2017, 06:39 PM
KDR today 57 % IRR!Earl Grey Lithium Project Scoping Study Results (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3729333/)

JBmurc
03-10-2017, 10:18 PM
https://www.fool.com.au/2017/10/03/...-shares-rocket-on-panasonic-deal-speculation/

The strong run of the Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) share price has continued today.
In afternoon trade the lithium miner’s shares are up 9.5% to $3.00.
Why are its shares higher?
Although there has been no word out of the company today, the AFR is reporting that the lithium miner has penned a deal with Tesla’s battery supplier Panasonic.
According to the report, sources have told the newspaper that Galaxy’s executive team were in Japan two weeks ago to secure the deal. Furthermore, shipping data appears to confirm this and shows product being shipped from its Mt Cattlin operation to Japan.
Such a deal would not come as a surprise. With electric vehicle adoption tipped to grow strongly as governments crack down on pollution, securing lithium carbonate supply is becoming very important for automakers.
Only last week Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) signed a deal with Chinese automaker Great Wall Motor Company for Stage 2 off-take from its flagship Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project in Western Australia.
And this morning mineral exploration company Avz Minerals Ltd (ASX: AVZ) announced that it is in discussions with Shanghai Greatpower and a number of other parties for a potential investment and off-take opportunities from its Manono Lithium Project.
Should you invest?
While Galaxy is certainly a high risk investment, I believe that its three world-class assets make it one of the best options in the resources sector.
With lithium supply and demand expected to remain tight for the foreseeable future, I believe prices will remain high and put Galaxy in a strong position to produce high levels of free cash flow.
Finally, here's a tech share which I think could profit greatly from the lithium boom.
Why Elon Musk's "secret weapon" was the most shorted share in Australia...
On 9 March, the visionary Tesla co-founder and CEO made a bold $63,000,000 to save a large swath of Australia. But in the process, he accidentally revealed the small Melbourne-based company that allows him to consistently make the impossible possible. At one point, this little understood company was actually the single most heavily shorted share in all of the ASX. Yet oddly enough, nine out of 10 analysts call it a screaming BUY! And that includes Motley Fool Australia.
We just isolated this company as Elon Musk's "secret weapon", and think it's dynamic run (up more than double after initially floating shares just two and a half years ago!) is only getting started. For the full story on this company, as well as how to get invested alongside us today,

Joshuatree
09-10-2017, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE=Joshuatree;684786]Just sold LPI for great gains in another runup nearing two previous peaks. If I'm lucky i may buy back if/when it falls away again.[/QUOTE

Well it shot back up again (well before the below ann) quick smart higher then the previous 3 highs, and i missed it.

SUCCESSFUL STAGE 1 PILOT PLANT RESULTS AND PROCESS DIAGRAM (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3731454/)

meltical
10-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Anyone holding TAW, if not give it a look on hotcopper

shasta
10-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Bit of renewed interest in Lithium sector. NMT received speeding ticket yesterday, been bouncing around 30c +/- 1c for a while, closed 36.5c on no news. Will be watching the early trading today across the sector.

Joshuatree
10-10-2017, 10:07 AM
meltical thats not really kosher to do that.Better if you provide any info ,links on here and opinion why you think its worthy. Be appreciated by this forum.

JBmurc
10-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Had a look at TAW Digger & Dealers presentation ....very nice ....gutted I didn't look couple weeks ago still looks like it does have some catching up to do with the likes of AJM , GXY.....

Gutted I didn't load up in those NMT shares shasta .....would have done much better than my GXY,RSG trades

shasta
10-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Had a look at TAW Digger & Dealers presentation ....very nice ....gutted I didn't look couple weeks ago still looks like it does have some catching up to do with the likes of AJM , GXY.....

Gutted I didn't load up in those NMT shares shasta .....would have done much better than my GXY,RSG trades

Can't win them all, NMT still undervalued but needs further progress with there downstream projects to extract full value.

Jbmurc, have a look at the potash play KLL, very interesting.

meltical
10-10-2017, 02:53 PM
meltical thats not really kosher to do that.Better if you provide any info ,links on here and opinion why you think its worthy. Be appreciated by this forum.

Undervalued, significant resource upgrades to come this month, on track to be australia's next Li producer, excellent management, debt free,
just to name a few.
Don't know if its worthy, it's just a heads because it never gets a mention

It'll be up with likes of GXY, AJM, PLS etc in no time

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20171010/pdf/43n34srvg53tvx.pdf

JBmurc
10-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Can't win them all, NMT still undervalued but needs further progress with there downstream projects to extract full value.

Jbmurc, have a look at the potash play KLL, very interesting.

Very interesting KLL ...my last potash investment K2P hasn't done much S/P wise ....was one I always keeped at eye on ....RWD recently bounced of record lows on no news ....so interest in the sector even though the potash spot price isn't very hot

JBmurc
11-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Got a few TAW after I took some nice profits on an overnight MCR trade

NeverQuestion
16-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Seeing some Mixed chatter on Hotcopper around LIT.

Justified growth or another CRP knockoff?

JBmurc
16-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Tripled my TAW position early today after selling out of AJM position,,, glad I did take a small "Day trade from it" selling @ 38c

meltical
16-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Tripled my TAW position early today after selling out of AJM position,,, glad I did take a small "Day trade from it" selling @ 38c

Should see it hitting new highs once announcements are released, may come up on a few peoples radar :t_up:

JBmurc
16-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Should see it hitting new highs once announcements are released, may come up on a few peoples radar :t_up:

Yeah huge BUY volumes trading into these soon to be producers of Lithinum >> I wouldn't be surprised to see TAW break 50c on a good ann. this week

JBmurc
23-10-2017, 05:14 PM
TAW-ASX .......Great Buy IMHO

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/cashed-tawana-target-early-2018-lithium-production/

meltical
23-10-2017, 07:50 PM
TAW-ASX .......Great Buy IMHO

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/cashed-tawana-target-early-2018-lithium-production/

Yea, share price got hammered today by bots, though does suggest instos are loading up and wanting on this Li train
resources upgrade next to get the share price ticking along :)

t.rexjr
26-10-2017, 12:42 PM
MTC out of the gates strong today on news of Chinese manufacturer taking a stake. This before any drilling results have been realeased. Should be soon so could be a double whammy here. Small market cap, one to watch if your not already in...

JBmurc
09-11-2017, 09:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWhetWyJm9I

TAW strong BUY from this analyst on SkyBus news

shasta
11-11-2017, 10:27 AM
For those with an eye on the future direction of the Lithium/battery boom, while NMT has gone from 30c - and touched 50c recently, this coming quarter should contain at least 1 major update to the market on their various downstream projects.

https://stocknessmonster.com/news/nmt.asx/

Key point - They have secured their own future supply of lithium spodumene for their higher margin downstream projects.

Nice read for the weekend...

Joshuatree
06-12-2017, 09:21 PM
14 up about 3 down in price.

GXY and AGY the big winners atm ORE (producer)tracking up too. AGY looks insanely overpriced.
12/4/16 26/5/16 7/6/16 , 30/6/16 11/08/16 7/10/16 15/2/17 3/10/17 6/12/17

LIT 25.7c 21.8c 24c ,27c, 24c,19.5c 17c, 13.5c, 16c
LRS 0.6c 1c 1.3c Schumacher pick ,1.7c, 1.4c ,2c,.003c, ..012c
AGY 1.3c 3.7c 3.8c, 3.5c Brines next to ORE ,2.1c,2.6c, 2.9c,31c!!,25c
EMH 25c 25c 37.5c ,47c,31c,55,5c, $1.27, 75c,75c
NMT 45.5c 43c 46.5c,45.5c,38c ,34c ,34c,29c,41.5c
GXY 36c 39.5c ,T/H today pending acquisition of GMM. Now 50c,40.5c,33.5c,54.7c, 5 for 1 cons $2.74or ,$3.44
ADV 4.1c 3.9c 3.8c,2.7c,2.1c,2.6c, 2.8c, 2c,1.7c
PIO 1.4c 3.5c 3.6c ,3.4c,2.4c, 2.1c, 2.5c, 1.4c,2.7c
PLP/LPD 1.7c 2.3c 2.4c ,1.6c,1.5c,1.8c, 1.5c,1.2c, 5.4c
ORE $3.20 $4.17 $4.63, $4.73, $4.24, $3.32, $3.86, $4.70,$5.64:)
CXO3.8c, 13.5c ,8,9c, 5.4c, 8.7c
LPI 30.5c , 42c, 39c, 49c
WLC .007c .006c .006c
AJM 17.9c 26.3c 36.5c
PLS 48.5c 66.2c 92.5c
NLI 4.58c 7.5c
KDR 50.4c, 94.1c ,$1.50
TAW 13.3c, 25.9c, 35.5c
MTC 26.5c, 10.9c,30.5c

JBmurc
19-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Great story TAW is building such a smart MD ..I would not be surprised to see TAW command 1.50 SP later in the new year

meltical
20-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Great story TAW is building such a smart MD ..I would not be surprised to see TAW command 1.50 SP later in the new year

Have to agree with you JB, the way the management have got this up and running and the speed at which they have done it is amazing.
Mark Calderwood is worth is weight in 'Lithium'

And there is still so much more drilling to do, Mark mentioned they could be doing it for years so the resource is only going to get bigger
one of the best lithium plays

JBmurc
20-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Have to agree with you JB, the way the management have got this up and running and the speed at which they have done it is amazing.
Mark Calderwood is worth is weight in 'Lithium'

And there is still so much more drilling to do, Mark mentioned they could be doing it for years so the resource is only going to get bigger
one of the best lithium plays

Yes I really want to get some more just need the nightmare of NKP to come to an end(for a decent price) and I double my TAW position

stevo1
20-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Yes I really want to get some more just need the nightmare of NKP to come to an end(for a decent price) and I double my TAW position

I know a little bit about chemical companies .LYC,ORE for example .But not too much about spodemene rock deposits though I did look at them some time ago before deciding to go with brine recovery company (ORE).LI20 at .5% cut off grade seems quite low. The tantalum peroxide looks interesting. Inherently in the processing with any chemical product startup there tends to be glitches to get to nameplate.The composition of the base material can make a big difference to costs of processing (mica in the material is bad)
https://www.thebalance.com/lithium-production-2340123
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-work-hard-rock-lithium-costs-michael-langfor

Generally looks ok to me ATS but until everything is up and running who knows.Its good they have guaranteed off take provided they can keep costs down

cammo
27-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Ditto on the nkp taw swap

JBmurc
04-01-2018, 10:59 AM
I've made my thoughts pretty clear on this subject in the past. The LCE market is not a market but a cartel run by the few downstream battery grade lithium producers. The market for spodumene is opaque and governed by off-take agreements which are linked to the market price of LCE (a very small market in terms of value and tonnages with no spot or secondary futures markets). As the volume of lithium battery sales increase, their prices will fall and so will the price of the raw LCE product. The downstream cartels will still make money as although the price of batteries will fall, the volume of sales will increase, however the spodumene producers whose contract prices are tied to the price of LCE will have their margins squeezed not only by the falling LCE price but also by competition for new spodumene production coming on stream.

Look who is at the helm of a company like PLS. The same guy who steered one of the flash in the pan iron ore miners during the iron price spike days. I've even noticed he is doing deals with his old company to transport DSO LiO2 ore. What's the grade of this stuff (around 1.5%). You are frigging transporting 98.5% waste to China. Not sustainable and I doubt that it will be profitable over any significant time scale. Just more flash in the pan stuff to keep the news flow going and lithium bubble inflated. The cartels love that us silly Australians have capitalised their industry with our speculative money. In the end it will go the same way as the flash in the pan iron ore companies and WA magnetite mines (ie equity investors burnt once again and the inexperienced will buy the top and hold all the way down like they always do). I remember the $1.80 GBG days. Reminds me of the current period with the lithium stocks, investors investing based on unproven blue sky and greed.

God help those invested in the African lithium plays. Remember the hype around Simandou and companies like SDL. Even the successful African iron ore plays from 2010/2011 are all washed up now. But who am I to talk. There are any number of new "experts" who think making money on a bubble (short term boom) is equivalent to knowing something about commodity markets or investing. It's not investment it is pure speculation not unlike the crypto currencies although lithium has more utility. Esh

Dej
04-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Those comments are very educational... understanding behaviour is almost as important as understanding the fundamentals of the company.

Any juniors you guys following at the moment?

silu
04-01-2018, 02:35 PM
The only lithium stock I hold is a junior called Lithium Americas (http://lithiumamericas.com/) which is in the process of listing on the NYSE. Currently only OTC. In this instance I followed the money (which is Chinese) and got in early which gave me a nice return so far.

wizAlvin
12-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Do we need Lithium powered stocks in the 2018 ASX competition closing very soon sunday?

stevo1
19-01-2018, 08:55 PM
This may well end the chances of any junior lithium stock that is not already producing without offtake agreements

https://investingnews.com/daily/resource-investing/energy-investing/lithium-investing/sqm-expand-lithium-production-deal-corfo/

Xerof
19-01-2018, 11:28 PM
depends who you listen to - media or industry insiders

https://twitter.com/AlexMiningGuy/status/954154919866417152/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwi tter.min.html%23954154919866417152

stevo1
27-01-2018, 09:12 AM
depends who you listen to - media or industry insiders

https://twitter.com/AlexMiningGuy/status/954154919866417152/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwi tter.min.html%23954154919866417152

Too True this lifted from HC unsure of its origin

A lithium reality check
With global production expanding, will lithium keeping charging?
Summary: SQM, the world’s biggest lithium producer, is set to ramp up output from its operations in Chile. The news has hit the share prices of Australian and other global producers.
Key take-out: Investors in the lithium space will need to watch developments closely, but don’t expect overnight supply changes.
A sell-off in lithium stocks last week was not the end of the boom in battery metals. Rather, it was an overdue correction to an overheated market, which still has a long way to run.
The immediate cause of an almost uniform 10 per cent fall in most lithium-exposed explorers and miners was approval for SQM, the world’s biggest lithium producer, to expand production in Chile.
If SQM was able to quickly produce an extra 70,000 tons of lithium carbonate a year then there might be a genuine reason for concern about the price of the material. Lithium is the basic building block for long-life batteries used in electric cars, tools, and for storing renewable energy.
But, because SQM produces its lithium at a dry salt lake (Salar de Atacama) high in the Andes mountains, the additional material is unlikely to reach the market for at least five years. That’s because it will take that long to finalise planning, approvals, financing and construction.
There are three other reasons to see the SQM expansion approval as a reason for investors to remain interested in lithium:
Electric car demand is accelerating, thanks to a combination of consumer interest, government incentives and falling production costs.
SQM’s expansion had been delayed by political factors in Chile, and with the election of a pro-business president last month the way was cleared. This fact was missed by most investment banks following the lithium sector.
The next phase of the lithium rush will be a more conventional process, because as supply and demand become more closely synchronized the key measures of success will not be tonnes produced but costs and quality.Uncertainty about what happened in Chile last week has led to conflicting advice, with some investment banks seeing it as a major negative event. Others see it as a non-event, because it either
The negatives and positives
Introduces “significant lithium price downside risk” (Morgan Stanley), or
Does not “threaten near-term lithium market conditions” (UBS).Leading Australian lithium producers Orocobre, after an 11 per cent plunge from $7.18 to a low of $6.36 last Friday, and Galaxy Resources, which fell by 10.7 per cent from $3.82 to $3.41, have both reclaimed lost ground. Pilbara Minerals, which is scheduled to start production later this year, lost 8 per cent with a fall from $1 to 92c, has also stabilised.The starting point to understanding what happened last week is to take a deep dive into the politics of Chile, all the way back to the military dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet of the 1970s and 80s, a time which deeply divided the South American country.Those historical connections mean that SQM struggles when Chile is led by a socialist government, but blossoms when the government takes a right turn, which is what happened last month with the election of Sebastian Pinera – another Chilean billionaire.A looming price squeezeThe only answer at this stage is a tentative yes, there will be room, but only for producers able to survive at prices that are likely to be lower for longer.Lithium, in its carbonate form, had rushed up from $US4000 a tonne as recently as 2014 to peak last year at $US20,000/t, before starting to ease as new supply reached the market dominated by Asian battery makers.The impact of SQMWarning that the lithium price could fall faster than it had previously predicted, Morgan Stanley said a bottom of $US8000/t expected in 2022 could now occur in 2020.“We don’t believe the SQM deal leads to over-capacity,” UBS said. “By the time SQM lifts output by two, three, or four-times, lithium demand will be growing dramatically to absorb new supply.Morgan Stanley, with its less optimistic view of the SQM deal, noted that even as the Chilean company reclaimed its traditional role as the global lithium price setter, it was unlikely to destabilise the market. The bank said that in the past, SQM had behaved: “as a disciplined leader, keeping lithium and iodine prices around the marginal cost of production”.
In effect, SQM’s new material will be needed by battery makers, though for Australian investors the most important factor will be to focus on lithium producers able to keep their costs under control – which is precisely the same for all companies exposed to the commodity cycle.
“Factoring in a five-year ramp-up for (an expansion) of between 50,000-to-70,000 tonnes a year, our initial view is that the new production might achieve nameplate (capacity) in 2022-23, exactly when the lithium supply/demand balance heads into large deficit as electric vehicle penetration rises strongly.”
UBS disagrees. It reckons SQM will only expand output modestly, despite receiving permission for a massive increase in output.
Morgan Stanley, the most worried of the investment banks, said it expected SQM to “aggressively recover market share” lost to new producers such as Australia’s Orocobre, which operates in South America, and the US-based Albemarle, which operates the big Greenbushes mine in Australia with China’s Tianqi.
Over time, the lithium price is likely to follow a similar path to that of iron ore, sliding to a forecast of around $US8000/t – less than half the peak, but double what it was before the boom.
What’s happening in lithium is a rerun of what happened in iron ore, which enjoyed a spectacular rise to more than $US180 a tonne when Chinese demand exceeded supply. It then plunged to $US40/t before recovering, but only after high-cost mines were squeezed out.
The question which investors in lithium stocks should consider is whether there is room in the global lithium market for SQM’s expanded output, because other producers are also boosting production to ride the electric car revolution.
The change of government coincides with the end of a dispute between SQM and Corfo, the development agency of the Chilean Government, probably thanks to a political directive. But Chile’s slow reaction to sharply higher lithium prices has permitted other countries to snatch a slice of the market, especially Australia’s hard-rock miners.
SQM, which has the full name of Socieded Quimica y Minera de Chile, was (and remains) a major producer of lithium and other materials such as iodine and potassium. Its biggest shareholder, in the process of selling its 32 per cent stake, is the Canadian company Potash Corporation. But effective control has remained with Julio Ponce, a billionaire who is also the former son-in-law of General Pinochet.
The politics of lithium
Investors, after the shock of the SQM expansion clearance, have crept back into the Australian lithium sector.

silu
05-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Hope everyone on here has sold their EMH European Metals Holding shares over the last few months. This ship is gonna tank today. Happy to have sold months ago.

meltical
14-03-2018, 03:05 PM
https://twitter.com/ResourcesTawana

First oz lithium producer since 2016

jimmybuffett
25-03-2018, 01:16 PM
http://spcagent.co/tawana/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2018/03/01964434.pdf
Interesting to see this, I am relatively new to investing, be keen to understand or hear anyones views on this? My interpretation they are just relocating assets towards the proven mining area from less proven areas?

meltical
25-03-2018, 01:38 PM
http://spcagent.co/tawana/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2018/03/01964434.pdf
Interesting to see this, I am relatively new to investing, be keen to understand or hear anyones views on this? My interpretation they are just relocating assets towards the proven mining area from less proven areas?

Looks like they are going to do a merger with their joint venture partner and tawana are spinning out their other tenements in order to make the merger more even.
That's my take on it anyway. See what happens

There is also talk that they could be spinning out the other tenements so they don't loose them if there is a takeover by another company (Chinese no doubt). Apparently the vultures are circling

jimmybuffett
29-03-2018, 11:48 AM
http://spcagent.co/tawana/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2018/03/1786495.pdf
Just released this morning. Achieving ahead of nameplate targets only 2 weeks in, and 7.03% grade seems to be pretty good, hoping to see this recognised when ASX opens.

meltical
30-03-2018, 06:47 PM
http://spcagent.co/tawana/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2018/03/1786495.pdf
Just released this morning. Achieving ahead of nameplate targets only 2 weeks in, and 7.03% grade seems to be pretty good, hoping to see this recognised when ASX opens.

TAW just keeps on delivering, can't wait for the resource upgrade

kiora
21-04-2018, 04:48 AM
Interesting
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12035508

Joshuatree
21-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Thanks kiora, what a mega mud treasure chest ,if reserves of the rare metals are proved up. It will remove the monopoly china has and lower prices somewhat.

kiora
21-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Thanks kiora, what a mega mud treasure chest ,if reserves of the rare metals are proved up. It will remove the monopoly china has and lower prices somewhat.

Sounds like very expensive to extract though.The Japanese will work it out though

meltical
21-04-2018, 05:17 PM

Go check out Lynas on hot copper, it has been covered there

Aotea
29-05-2018, 11:20 AM
A company defining moment for Galaxy Resources today..great management and massive upside.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180529/pdf/43vcfjdh9jd6rd.pdf

Joshuatree
29-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Congrats guys s/p up re 11% atm . mkt cap $1.35 bill (onASB)not far off ORE $1.5 bill excluding oppies etc.

JBmurc
08-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Once again holding TAW - AJM looking good buying now they are in production and shipping tons Lithium .. forward EBITA looks very nice at these levels

Pixelator
17-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Hope everyone on here has sold their EMH European Metals Holding shares over the last few months. This ship is gonna tank today. Happy to have sold months ago.

Been a long wait for remaining holders:crying: but now looks like Czech government and more importantly Prime Minister Babis onside.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20190716/pdf/446n3lnnzg4fkv.pdf

Up 17% on London stock exchange overnight 1.3 million shares traded.

Joshuatree
17-07-2019, 04:10 PM
A company defining moment for Galaxy Resources today..great management and massive upside.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180529/pdf/43vcfjdh9jd6rd.pdf

And yet the S/P has dropped since.One of the most talked about stocks struggling somewhat?

Quarterly Activities Report - June 2019 (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/4858951/)

I hold only ORE (still)in the lithium space also down. lithium price up 3% weekly, up 2.44% month , down re 17% year. EV sales hardly setting world on fire atpit.

silu
18-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Been a long wait for remaining holders:crying: but now looks like Czech government and more importantly Prime Minister Babis onside.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20190716/pdf/446n3lnnzg4fkv.pdf

Up 17% on London stock exchange overnight 1.3 million shares traded.

Congrats on the 52 week high but all I can see is a 2 Million Euro convertible loan facility being discussed. There is so much yet to happen before this project gets off the ground and a holding could be seriously diluted. I was happy to have sold at 95c but can certainly see myself buying back in again at some stage.

silu
15-08-2019, 12:18 PM
Congrats on the 52 week high but all I can see is a 2 Million Euro convertible loan facility being discussed. There is so much yet to happen before this project gets off the ground and a holding could be seriously diluted. I was happy to have sold at 95c but can certainly see myself buying back in again at some stage.

As I thought holders will get diluted to hell before even a single piece of rock is mined. Latest raise at 32c. We had an intraday low of 27.5c already. Better opportunity elsewhere imo.

Pixelator
08-01-2021, 08:22 PM
As I thought holders will get diluted to hell before even a single piece of rock is mined. Latest raise at 32c. We had an intraday low of 27.5c already. Better opportunity elsewhere imo.

Are you back on board Silu? Now at $1.30. Been a roller coaster ride!!

silu
11-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Are you back on board Silu? Now at $1.30. Been a roller coaster ride!!

No I'm not and good on ya EMH for hopefully being one step closer to production. All my lithium money is in LAC.NYSE and that one along with all the other miners has gone gangbusters lately.

clearasmud
13-01-2021, 10:21 PM
JRL, all time high today.
FYI, all time high today.

Joshuatree
14-01-2021, 09:29 AM
Lets collate list of stocks with Lithium.Heres a few
ORE up re 90% since nov
PLL up re 350% 1 year
SYA up 71% yest!!
GXY up re 44% since nov
JRL up 30% this year
FYI up 55% recently
LRS up 600% 1 year
LPD 100% up in a few days
AGY re 90% ditto
LAC nyse can't get chart up 12% o/nite
AVZ 4 bagger 1 year

silu
14-01-2021, 11:27 AM
fwiw LAC on 1/1 was 13.53 now 21.47
1 year ago 4.15
my holding +463%

greater fool
14-01-2021, 02:15 PM
Lets collate list of stocks with Lithium.Heres a few
ORE up re 90% since nov
PLL up re 350% 1 year
SYA up 71% yest!!
GXY up re 44% since nov
JRL up 30% this year
FYI up 55% recently
LRS up 600% 1 year
LPD 100% up in a few days
AGY re 90% ditto
LAC nyse can't get chart up 12% o/nite
AVZ 4 bagger 1 year

Lithium?
Read investor presentation:
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02146975-6A945162?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

stoploss
14-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Here are some tickers from a scan .
ORE
GXY
PLS
EMH
FFX
LIT
XTC
RVR
NMT
RNU
EUR
LPD
OLL
AOU
LRS
LPI
MTC
PAM
TEM
KAI

soulman
14-01-2021, 04:01 PM
Here are some tickers from a scan .
ORE
GXY
PLS
EMH
FFX
LIT
XTC
RVR
NMT
RNU
EUR
LPD
OLL
AOU
LRS
LPI
MTC
PAM
TEM
KAI

Don't forget the last 2 runners.

SYA and CXO.

And VUL probably the best performer, no doubt about it.

Joshuatree
14-01-2021, 04:55 PM
Lithium?
Read investor presentation:
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02146975-6A945162?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

HPA as a Lithium-ion battery separator coating (LIB separator) is expected to generate significant demand as electric vehicles (EV) revolution plays out

Brut
14-01-2021, 04:59 PM
GLN Galan Lithium?

Joshuatree
14-01-2021, 07:22 PM
Don't forget the last 2 runners.

SYA and CXO.

And VUL probably the best performer, no doubt about it.

Hey Soulman where u been?Longtimenosee:t_up:

greater fool
14-01-2021, 09:38 PM
HPA as a Lithium-ion battery separator coating (LIB separator) is expected to generate significant demand as electric vehicles (EV) revolution plays out

Yes.. But it ain't Li. You could make the same case for manganese, cadmium and graphite, copper and REE.

Joshuatree
14-01-2021, 11:05 PM
I take your point.How about actually contributing and SHARING.

Give to Get

troyvdh
14-01-2021, 11:58 PM
Can one suggest what one is buying....there are risks I suppose eh.

clearasmud
17-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Can one suggest what one is buying....there are risks I suppose eh.

I've got some JRL and FYI.
There could be an absolute frenzy coming in some of these stocks.
Look up Tesla millionaires lol.

troyvdh
17-01-2021, 01:12 PM
Thanks Im still holding NMT and AGY.Bought some more BSM....graphite.ADO are a high tech outfit encompassing battery and covid technologies.

silu
20-01-2021, 08:56 AM
Are all your lithium stocks booming too? LAC up 34% today to $27.50. The first parcel purchased is now my second 10-bagger in my life (humble brag). At least some consolidation for never pulling the buy trigger on VUL and NC6.

NZSilver
20-01-2021, 09:19 AM
Which are the low cost producers? Recommendations on ones to look at further

Norwest
20-01-2021, 10:49 AM
There are two main ways Lithium is produced, Hardrock mining of spodumene or via brine pools. Clay is currently a bit of a pie in the sky in my opinion.

The value add is in downstream processing converting Spodumene to Hydroxide compared to direct shipped ore which is currently processed in China.

Lithium Hydroxide is what EV battery manufacturers want, the easiest way to get Lithium Hydroxide is via Spodumene not via Brine which needs to be converted to Lithium Carbonate first.

The world leaders in Lithium are Gangfeng (China) and Albermale (NYSE), as well as SQM (NYSE).

My picks as follows, I'm not currently buying more of these after they have run, but I will happily continue to buy on any pull backs.

PLS.ASX:
Owner of Pilgangora Mine in the Pilbara, WA. Recently acquired AJM's asset next door after AJM went bust, doubling its hard rock deposit. Has a sizeable debt recently refinanced at lower rate. Not cashflow positive but close.

MIN.ASX:
Diversified Miner, high cash balance, Iron ore/mining services business generates lots of cash. Has two major hardrock resources in Mt Marion in Kalgoorlie 50% JV with Gangfeng, and Wodgina in the Pilbara 40% JV with ALB (currently on C&M). Has Hydroxide plant being built under the 40% JV with ALB.NYSE in Kemerton. Owns 6% of PLS.

AVZ.ASX:
Exploration/Potential Miner in the Congo. This is a gamble on a stock in the DRC, a dangerous and corrupt country, but it is the biggest hardrock resource in the world, also has sizeable tin deposit. Just signed OT with Gangfeng, waiting on financing.

FYI: The lowest cost mine I believe is greenbushes (Talison JV) which is owned jointly by ALB, IGO.ASX (recently bought into the JV) and Tinaqi (China).

I hope this helps someone.

troyvdh
20-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Thanks Norwest.Re AVZ.I along with a few others had money in WFE...supposedly had a huge find and potential for cobalt.In the DRC.
WFE could not convince either the oz or brit exchange to accept rational for listing.Reasons are probably clear.Good luck.
I note you joined last year.,..please reply privately cheers troy.
btw ...have you observed AGY NMT LPD in recent times.
Yes I own all 3.

Crypto Crude
21-01-2021, 02:35 AM

It's better to be smart than to be lucky....
:cool:cc

kiora
21-01-2021, 06:13 AM
Hi Norwest
Have you looked at Geo40?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117664525/taup-company-successfully-extracts-lithium-from-geothermal-fluid

Lion_graf
21-01-2021, 09:43 AM
thanks for sharing that Kiora, Im in taupo. For me if they get listed it could be an opportunity. However, I bet the pilot plant is tiny with no hopes of scaling up...

the only companies i see succeeding are ones that can produce lithium on a big scale to attract agreements with car manufacturers etc. NZ being the furtherest away from any potential market apart from itself, it would be even harder to make money given the distribution and logistics cost.

Norwest
21-01-2021, 11:56 AM
Thanks Norwest.Re AVZ.I along with a few others had money in WFE...supposedly had a huge find and potential for cobalt.In the DRC.
WFE could not convince either the oz or brit exchange to accept rational for listing.Reasons are probably clear.Good luck.
I note you joined last year.,..please reply privately cheers troy.
btw ...have you observed AGY NMT LPD in recent times.
Yes I own all 3.

AGY - brine which doesn't interest me. There has been a lot of push back around water usage in brines by the local communities, plus brines produces Lithium carbonate.

NMT - When they sold there Mt Marion interest to Gangfeng/MIN at least they had a retainer for their planned hydroxide plant, but I don't know if this will get off the ground anytime soon, I've been following the progress closely around Tinaqi's hydroxide plant expansion in Kwinana and ALB/MIN hydroxide plant in Kemerton both of them were hit by temporary delays/downscaling. It's not cheap or easy to build a hydroxide plant.

LPD - low grade, small resource.

I don't think you'll go wrong with your choices in the long term but I do think will be some consolidation of resources/production at some point.

AVZ is definitely a high risk gamble in every sense of the project and it could very well go bust I've already resigned myself to that fact, but the rewards will be amazing if Nigel and the AVZ team can pull it off. The underlying Manono resource is so big it will get developed into a mine at some point this decade - Hopefully that's by AVZ and not someone else!

Hi Norwest
Have you looked at Geo40?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117664525/taup-company-successfully-extracts-lithium-from-geothermal-fluid

It's interesting, but that's even more pie in the sky than the lithium from clay's in my opinion, I don't see how well it would it work at scale? They are targeting Lithium Carbonate not Lithium Hydroxide. Although Lithium is used for a lot of things, the demand driving the growth is for EV batteries and this needs hydroxide... anything that uses generates carbonate has to be processed further to get to Hydroxide.

Here is a great article that explains what I mean with some good graphs as well: https://newagemetals.com/lithium-supply-hard-rock-vs-brine/

nomis
27-04-2021, 10:22 AM
AGY - brine which doesn't interest me. There has been a lot of push back around water usage in brines by the local communities, plus brines produces Lithium carbonate.

AVZ is definitely a high risk gamble in every sense of the project and it could very well go bust I've already resigned myself to that fact, but the rewards will be amazing if Nigel and the AVZ team can pull it off. The underlying Manono resource is so big it will get developed into a mine at some point this decade - Hopefully that's by AVZ and not someone else!

What are your thoughts on the recent progression for AVZ ive been in since 2016 with a average buy of 6c was always a ten year plan for me back then too.
With offtakes for 80% of SC6 product and a tin offtake in place, appointment of a new CFO. I personally feel like it is being de risked every announcement. I do like to take into account peoples views however.
But from where i currently sit it looks like AVZ will be going to mining by 2023.

Where do you think they sit as far as a market CAP and share price?
I believe even with current risk involved it is under valued, And with financing to be announce soon I expect the share price to skyrocket as the project is further de risked

Any thoughts?

Norwest
28-04-2021, 10:18 AM
Yes the offtake's have been great announcements with some big players, however as you rightly point out the big thing that will light this fire will be the financing and more specifically the terms of the financing. I would have preferred a JV with a big player with big pockets like Albermale, CATL etc to de-risk the financing, but we seen what the FIRB thought of that last year, so I can't see that happening and instead it looks to be pure debt financing rather than a JV.

If the Manono project was in a stable jurisdiction then they'd already be mining. The biggest risk to this project is where it is located, not just the DRC but where about's in the DRC it is.... its in an unstable region of an unstable country.

Ken @ Pilbara Minerals got a great financing deal last year for the takeover of Altura's mine, how many points difference do you add to this for such an unstable location? The answer is a lot. Nigel has been ticking all the boxes thus far, we'll soon see if he can pull a great deal for the terms on this financing.

nztx
23-06-2021, 12:12 AM

Reading you loud & clear ..

could be faster than a rat up a drainpipe too .. :)

Nomad
10-08-2021, 03:16 PM
Some profit taking today but it's been a great recent run for FYI ...

Norwest
10-08-2021, 07:47 PM
What a fantastic recent ride Lithium has proven to be.

PLS up 11% today and now valued at 6.7B, I love how at the diggers and dealers presentation Ken called the AJM acquisition "cost-effective" - I would say it was an absolute steal. Their BMX platform showed us the real spot price of spodumene. His comments about "overbuilt" processing capacity in China was odd to me - especially when he then continues to talk about their potential build with POSCO in South Korea you have to take these comments with a grain of salt.

AVZ jumped massive yesterday on no news, I'm suprised that they didn't get a speeding ticket for it... in the past they've had news leak before so will be interesting if they release something later this week.

MIN has also been a rocket... the IO price is affecting it going higher at present, the commissioning of the Kemerton site is expected by the end of 2021 the plant is expected to be producing battery grade lithium hydroxide... both ALB and MIN are hiring people there but labour is hard to find and expensive which the whole mining industry is experiencing at the moment... at the moment their FCF is fantastic from IO and I'm pretty sure that as soon as Kemerton is open that they will be opening Wodgina back up to feed it.

nztx
10-08-2021, 08:18 PM
What a fantastic recent ride Lithium has proven to be.

PLS up 11% today and now valued at 6.7B, I love how at the diggers and dealers presentation Ken called the AJM acquisition "cost-effective" - I would say it was an absolute steal. Their BMX platform showed us the real spot price of spodumene. His comments about "overbuilt" processing capacity in China was odd to me - especially when he then continues to talk about their potential build with POSCO in South Korea you have to take these comments with a grain of salt.

AVZ jumped massive yesterday on no news, I'm suprised that they didn't get a speeding ticket for it... in the past they've had news leak before so will be interesting if they release something later this week.

MIN has also been a rocket... the IO price is affecting it going higher at present, the commissioning of the Kemerton site is expected by the end of 2021 the plant is expected to be producing battery grade lithium hydroxide... both ALB and MIN are hiring people there but labour is hard to find and expensive which the whole mining industry is experiencing at the moment... at the moment their FCF is fantastic from IO and I'm pretty sure that as soon as Kemerton is open that they will be opening Wodgina back up to feed it.

the rides not all over yet by a long way, I believe - Norwest :)

troyvdh
10-08-2021, 08:31 PM
Like who would have thought....Lithium shares performing...

clearasmud
10-08-2021, 08:50 PM
JRL started the year at 80c.
Hit $3.62 today.

Scrunch
10-08-2021, 10:01 PM
It will be interesting to see what CXO does tomorrow (11 Aug). Over the last two days they have been in a trading halt as they:
Secured A$34m from Ganfeng (A huge Chinese player) @ A$0.338
Raised A$91m from institutional investors @ A$0.31
Expect to raise A$15m from a Share purchase plan @ A$0.31
Have signed a binding off-take agreement with Ganfeng for 75,000tpa for 4 years

https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/CXO/02405082.pdf

nztx
11-08-2021, 08:06 PM
JRL started the year at 80c.
Hit $3.62 today.

$3.90 close today
interesting comments on HC too

nztx
11-08-2021, 08:08 PM
It will be interesting to see what CXO does tomorrow (11 Aug). Over the last two days they have been in a trading halt as they:
Secured A$34m from Ganfeng (A huge Chinese player) @ A$0.338
Raised A$91m from institutional investors @ A$0.31
Expect to raise A$15m from a Share purchase plan @ A$0.31
Have signed a binding off-take agreement with Ganfeng for 75,000tpa for 4 years

https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/CXO/02405082.pdf

$0.41 close , touched 0.415 today
probably SPP contributing to part of that raise..

Scrunch
12-08-2021, 08:36 AM
$0.41 close , touched 0.415 today
probably SPP contributing to part of that raise..

Shortly after open they touched 43.5 which is an all time high, bettering the previous peak of 42c. I think the 41c close was also a record close. Direct broking reported 145m shares traded at $59m so i suspect the $15m SPP isn't a big player in the movement. To get that volume needs the insto's.

nztx
13-08-2021, 07:11 PM
$3.90 close today
interesting comments on HC too

Interesting JRL delayed ASX SP $3.86 - a bit of a slide in past 24-48 hours

while:

US listed Lithium Americas (LAC) has seen some good rises (+ 35.33% up to US $19.15) in past week's US trading sessions

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LAC?p=LAC&.tsrc=fin-srch

LAC's Thacker Pass, if not wrong is located just on the other end of the Large Lithium Caldera
were JRL's US large Lithium deposit is ..

RupertBear
19-08-2021, 03:29 PM
Been wanting a small holding of Lithium shares. So I diligently did my research last weekend and happily bought a few LRS, PLL and MIN. Couldnt have timed it worse! ALL 3 have tanked :rolleyes::crying: dam it!