PDA

View Full Version : Approached by a Candian Broker - Scam?

Livia
16-05-2016, 09:32 AM
I received a call from someone calling from Canada claiming he is a broker from a Canadian brokerage firm 'The Baumann Group'. He was telling a great investment opportunity of a particular share which will go up in value by 50% according to their analysts' analysis. This first call is soon followed by an email with some information about the share and brokerage firm's URL. The next day he rang again, this time he would like me buy some shares from him. He said his company already bought the share and would like to allocate some to his clients with 5% mark down of the current trading price. He said he has got 4000 shares left and ask me if i want to take them all. (worth NZ$30K ish).

Does anyone know about this brokerage firm? Does it sounds like a scam to you? They have a website but looks simple. and if i would to buy shares i need to transfer money to a transfer agent called 'Deckside global limited'. Sounds familar to you. And i don't need to provide any documentations to proof my identity.

I have never used a broker before so would like to seek opinions from you guys. Cheers.

P.S. I received this call because I signed up free market report online

Joshuatree
16-05-2016, 09:41 AM
I think your hunch is correct Livia.Scam alert bells going off at the highest reading!!.imo. Id report this if i knew who to.

stoploss
16-05-2016, 09:43 AM
I received a call from someone calling from Canada claiming he is a broker from a Canadian brokerage firm 'The Baumann Group'. He was telling a great investment opportunity of a particular share which will go up in value by 50% according to their analysts' analysis. This first call is soon followed by an email with some information about the share and brokerage firm's URL. The next day he rang again, this time he would like me buy some shares from him. He said his company already bought the share and would like to allocate some to his clients with 5% mark down of the current trading price. He said he has got 4000 shares left and ask me if i want to take them all. (worth NZ$30K ish).

Does anyone know about this brokerage firm? Does it sounds like a scam to you? They have a website but looks simple. and if i would to buy shares i need to transfer money to a transfer agent called 'Deckside global limited'. Sounds familar to you. And i don't need to provide any documentations to proof my identity.

I have never used a broker before so would like to seek opinions from you guys. Cheers.

P.S. I received this call because I signed up free market report online
All the people in Canada and America and they have to call NZ ..... Offer a discount ..... If these were going up 50% he would buy them all ... Why offer free money to someone in NZ ... Scam ...

Joshuatree
16-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Worth watching "The Wolf Of Wall Street" True story re cold calling folks and doing just what you've described.

Livia
16-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Worth watching "The Wolf Of Wall Street" True story re cold calling folks and doing just what you've described.
Yes I have watched it that's why I was so skeptical.

Livia
16-05-2016, 10:20 AM
If I am sure this is a scam I will definitely report it but the thing is I m not sure. He sounded like a professional broker and know his stuff. don't want to destroy people's hard work

blackcap
16-05-2016, 10:35 AM
If I am sure this is a scam I will definitely report it but the thing is I m not sure. He sounded like a professional broker and know his stuff. don't want to destroy people's hard work

Watch the Wolf of Wall street again. Belfort sounded pretty professional too did he not? Scam

Livia
16-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Watch the Wolf of Wall street again. Belfort sounded pretty professional too did he not? Scam

Yea you are right. They can be trained.

janner
16-05-2016, 06:37 PM
All the people in Canada and America and they have to call NZ ..... Offer a discount ..... If these were going up 50% he would buy them all ... Why offer free money to someone in NZ ... Scam ...

This should cover all your questions Livia.

For this call and any future cold calls you may have.