PDA

View Full Version : STOCK PICKING % vs ACTUAL % SO FAR THIS YEAR

Southern_Belle
16-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Thank goodness I didn't heed my own advice :) stock picking ranking 5.74%, actual portfolio 20.10%

Bjauck
17-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Thank goodness I didn't heed my own advice :) stock picking ranking 5.74%, actual portfolio 20.10%
How many stocks do you have in your actual portfolio?

How committed are you to the NZ stock market: For example:
What % of your total financial investments (fixed interest, equities etc) are in NZ equities?
What % of your total investments (your house plus other real estate plus financial) are in NZ equities?

janner
17-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Ooops BJ

With so many becoming.. " Tender "..

Are these questions PC ???

Bjauck
17-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Ooops BJ

With so many becoming.. " Tender "..

Are these questions PC ???
I did not think my questions were offensive. She does not have to answer of course. Its just that it would be interesting to see the context in which she achieved a market out-performance of about 10% so far this year by my reckoning. If she had significant other investments, then she may be prepared to make more of a gamble and/or on fewer stocks with her actual money on the NZ share market.

Lewylewylewy
17-05-2016, 01:50 PM
I currently have about 1/3 of my investments in shares, which are largely in conservative stocks. 5% in cash and the rest in property (one rental, one large home with 2 lodgers kindly helping out).

After repairs are completed to one house, I intend to save for a high risk fund... Mostly for the lulz :oD

Southern_Belle
17-05-2016, 02:37 PM
How many stocks do you have in your actual portfolio?

How committed are you to the NZ stock market: For example:
What % of your total financial investments (fixed interest, equities etc) are in NZ equities?
What % of your total investments (your house plus other real estate plus financial) are in NZ equities?
100% NZ equities plus rainy day cash in the bank and kiwisaver. No property as I have been living overseas and have half hearted looked but not prepared to go chasing with the masses so prepared to wait.

Sticking to the Peter Lynch theory and buying what I know & watching it like a hawk. Trilogy has been responsible for a large part of my result.