PDA

View Full Version : ECX Eclipx

kura
16-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Recently noticed this Company. One of managed funds I follow (WAX) has this as one of their larger holdings, but I know nothing about it.
Am tempted to have a punt, but looks pricey with a PE of 35, any thoughts ?

DarkHorse
16-06-2016, 09:30 PM
WAX / WAM have v good track record so interested to hear about ECX kura.
http://www.4-traders.com/ECLIPX-GROUP-LTD-21835408/financials - PE at 16, forecast 13 with good PEG seems ok on 4traders figures, with strong cashflows and 4% divi.
Just had a quick read of their asx presentations. Seem to have a much clearer vision than Flexigroup - where ECX was COO prior to joining ECX in 2014. It's early days but narrative appeals - leading technology and innovative customer focused approach in fragmented markets; with plenty of room for increased sales and resulting higher margins through economies of scale. On the other hand, have they - like FXG - spread themselves too thin? Of course it will all depend on how well management can execute.

noodles
16-06-2016, 10:36 PM
WAX / WAM have v good track record so interested to hear about ECX kura.
http://www.4-traders.com/ECLIPX-GROUP-LTD-21835408/financials - PE at 16, forecast 13 with good PEG seems ok on 4traders figures, with strong cashflows and 4% divi.
Just had a quick read of their asx presentations. Seem to have a much clearer vision than Flexigroup - where ECX was COO prior to joining ECX in 2014. It's early days but narrative appeals - leading technology and innovative customer focused approach in fragmented markets; with plenty of room for increased sales and resulting higher margins through economies of scale. On the other hand, have they - like FXG - spread themselves too thin? Of course it will all depend on how well management can execute.
I understand ECX have been buying market share (in NZ at least). This means they have been making fantastic deals that competitors won't match. Now if this is true, we should expect trouble down the line when they have to sell these cars. Ironbridge selling should also be a warning.

DarkHorse
17-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Useful information indeed thank you noodles. Buying market share's a big red flag! Goes without saying that new/repackaged businesses growing rapidly in several areas often create a lot of wealth and opportunity for management, and a good story but little profit for shareholders.

kura
22-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Thanks for comments.
Took advantage of price spike & sold out today.
Made approx 10% in the few weeks I held, not much, but beats the big fat 0% interest I earn on my AUD Call ac with ASB.