PDA

View Full Version : Duet Group - DUE

Langara
22-07-2016, 08:37 AM
Is the market waking up to the fact that we are going to see lower interest rates for the foreseeable future! Seems to be a good dividend option. Does anyone have an opinion of where this is heading or done any research into Due?
Certainly bullish to see so much movement upwards post divi! The Australian Reserve Bank also seems likely to cut again in August, which I would have thought is in DUE's favour.

heisenberg
22-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Have only had a glancing look at them but based on that would opt to put my money elsewhere at this stage. Debt/equity ratio of >300% a concern.
In saying that the sp is on a bit of surge so seems to be some positive sentiment

Langara
22-07-2016, 09:53 AM
In a low interest environment that is going lower is this a huge concern, if their cash flow is from a very stable source?
Sorry bit of a newbie in this area and very little knowledge of the Australian market.
Have a position in this company from an inherited source so am looking at my options.

heisenberg
27-07-2016, 02:20 PM
In a low interest environment that is going lower is this a huge concern, if their cash flow is from a very stable source?
Sorry bit of a newbie in this area and very little knowledge of the Australian market.
Have a position in this company from an inherited source so am looking at my options.

IMO debt at that level is always a concern, regardless of what interest levels are 'expected' to do.
No point going out on a limb when you don't have to.

macduffy
27-07-2016, 02:49 PM
There is a view that the Australian infrastructure stocks in general are "priced for perfection", ie that income seeking investors have bid them up to levels that leave little room for missing profit expectations. Seems that caution is called for.

Langara
19-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Decent annual report. Seems they are on track.

* FY net profit after tax attributable to duet stapled securityholders of $195.8 million, up 307.1%
* FY revenues from ordinary activities $1.64 billion, up 29.1%.
* Final dividend / distribution 9.000 cents per share
* Distribution guidance of 18.5cpss is reaffirmed for FY 2017

Snow Leopard
19-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Decent annual report. Seems they are on track.

* FY net profit after tax attributable to duet stapled securityholders of $195.8 million, up 307.1%
* FY revenues from ordinary activities $1.64 billion, up 29.1%.
* Final dividend / distribution 9.000 cents per share
* Distribution guidance of 18.5cpss is reaffirmed for FY 2017

Like the NPAT up 307.1% bit.

Ausnet NPAT for FY16 (to Mar-16) was up 2165% but the just said >100% and emphasized an adjusted increase of 19.9%.

Such companies work on holding large debt positions with a wide spread of maturities and with a lot of their income and expenses regulated the earnings results are very predictable.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Disc: Still hold AST (Ausnet Services), could swap them for DUE.

Disc: Used to do lots of work for such companies.

Langara
23-08-2016, 10:13 AM
The market is certainly liking the NPAT and decent future dividends as well. Pity the NZD/AUSD cross is so weak currently. Happy to receive my dividends. I also notice some of the analysts have upgraded their outlooks. Cautiously optimistic for further share price increases.