PDA

View Full Version : dividend growth stocks

voltage
22-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Please could I have recommendations for solid dividend growth stocks that will benefit from further a further drop in interest rates. Looking at the NZX I do see it fully priced but have monies to invest and fixed interest will even be lower soon.

King1212
22-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Nzm, hbl....

Gizzajob I can do that
22-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Please could I have recommendations for solid dividend growth stocks that will benefit from further a further drop in interest rates. Looking at the NZX I do see it fully priced but have monies to invest and fixed interest will even be lower soon.

Would you like a list of guaranteed 10 baggers with that?

voltage
22-07-2016, 05:11 PM
I suppose I could buy the smartshare for nz dividend DIV - http://smartshares.co.nz/types-of-funds/smartdividend/nz-dividend
Can I improve this?

iceman
22-07-2016, 05:58 PM
SEK, HBL are both solid with steadily growing dividends

LAC
22-07-2016, 06:04 PM
SEK, SCL, THL, AWK..all should give you a growing divi although more risky. Energy companies would be a little safer bet imo.

Hectorplains
22-07-2016, 06:41 PM
PGW - latest upgrade suggests that they're riding out dairy and Uruguay flood issues.

trader_jackson
22-07-2016, 08:25 PM
ARV: can't beat the fundamentals driving the retirement sector... good growth, good dividend
HBL: also agree this is a good pick

Disclosure: Hard not to hold both!

22-07-2016, 08:36 PM
To avoid confusion HNZ is now HBL.

trader_jackson
22-07-2016, 09:14 PM

Sorry, my mistake!
(You can see I am not a recent holder of HBL...)

Beagle
23-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I suppose I could buy the smartshare for nz dividend DIV - http://smartshares.co.nz/types-of-funds/smartdividend/nz-dividend
Can I improve this?

This sort of fund is ideal for those who are happy to take a passive approach to stock picking and just want a good yield. Its interesting that many governments including the Swiss and German's are now issuing 10 year Govt bonds with negative interest rates and people are lapping it up because they just want somewhere safe to store their money and interesting they see absolutely NO prospect of inflation in the foreseeable future.

Listening to well respected David Darst on CNBC this morning its all about getting SAFE yield. I think for retired folks chasing a reasonable yield having a portion of their money in an index like this is an excellent idea. Far better than trying to stock pick individual shares which many people neither have the time or inclination and is always fraught with more risk. Perhaps some REIT's are also a good idea. My preferences are GMT and ARG, (currently holding both) but possibly a good idea to have several others.

Sgt Pepper
23-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Geneva Finance? Cavalier Carpets?

Gizzajob I can do that
23-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Geneva Finance? Cavalier Carpets?

LOL, try this t shirt company
https://www.google.co.nz/url?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D1nlQH5pycp4&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjJjejat4jOAhXGp5QKHS3LDiEQtwIIGDAB&usg=AFQjCNFoitKGYQAUxI8DfUQ9oefaes_q-Q

iceman
23-07-2016, 07:31 PM

Too right 777. I had just gotten used to HNZ after changing them from the previous name change a few years ago :-)
Have edited/corrected my previous post

iceman
23-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Too right 777. I had just gotten used to HNZ after changing them from the previous name change a few years ago :-)
Have edited/corrected my previous post

voltage
23-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all the comments so far. Roger you make a good point about index investing to reduce specific stock risk. It is interesting that when I compare my returns of NZ stock I have failed to outperform NZ midcaps MDZ.

Nasi Goreng
25-07-2016, 11:57 AM
What about Fonterra? Current divi of $0.45c which is a yield of 8%.

8% dividends always have an element of risk but its not inconceivable for Fonterra to grow their profit and increase that dividend.