PDA

View Full Version : Nelson - shareholder meetings

BlackPeter
12-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Shareholder living in (or near) Nelson and interested in having from time to time a chat and a coffee with similar minded people?

The next coffee&chat is next Friday, 19. August from 10.30 till 12 noon in the Richmond Library. An opportunity for people to have a coffee and an informal chat about investing, specific stocks or the share market in general.

Just to give you some idea: the inaugural coffee & chat meeting was in July, attended by a group of about 15 to 20 people (incl NZSA members) interested in the share market (and discussing, next to other things the recent IFT and ARG roadshows).

If you are interested in coming or want to know more - just drop me a pm and I am happy to connect you with the organiser.

Gizzajob I can do that
13-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Well, this sounds like the must attend event of the year. Unfortunatley I cant make it, not quite my cup of tea (sorry about the pun) prefer my SH meetings with Percys pie and mash nights followed by a good skulling session.
Chat and coffee in the library, lol SSSHHHHHHHHH!

BlackPeter
13-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Well, this sounds like the must attend event of the year. Unfortunatley I cant make it, not quite my cup of tea (sorry about the pun) prefer my SH meetings with Percys pie and mash nights followed by a good skulling session.
Chat and coffee in the library, lol SSSHHHHHHHHH!

So sorry the friendly lady who is organising the Nelson event didn't consider your specific drinking needs. It is just - some people prefer to separate a good discussion from the downing of alcoholic drinks. If you think about it and consider the quality of many pub chats, than there even might be some benefit to this separation (if you value the word, this is ...).

Anyway - nothing wrong with a good beer at the right time. Not sure though about the proposed sculling session (assuming that you don't refer to the use of this term in rowing). Not everybody likes to consume alcoholic beverages in quantities sufficient to destroy the resident grey matter, but each to their own.

Question - are you offering to organise an alternative meeting for the people who prefer spirituality in liquid form?

Gizzajob I can do that
13-08-2016, 08:11 PM
So sorry the friendly lady who is organising the Nelson event didn't consider your specific drinking needs. It is just - some people prefer to separate a good discussion from the downing of alcoholic drinks. If you think about it and consider the quality of many pub chats, than there even might be some benefit to this separation (if you value the word, this is ...).

Anyway - nothing wrong with a good beer at the right time. Not sure though about the proposed sculling session (assuming that you don't refer to the use of this term in rowing). Not everybody likes to consume alcoholic beverages in quantities sufficient to destroy the resident grey matter, but each to their own.

Question - are you offering to organise an alternative meeting for the people who prefer spirituality in liquid form?

Geez, chill out BP it would be a boring world if we all had that opinion. All publicity is good publicity.
Im picking you have had problems with either alcohol or grey matter, possibly receding hair line syndrome.
As for organising anything Im more a craft beer person than a top shelfer therefore ICOAPUIAB.
Hopefully they will fill the library and sell a few coffees, lol

BlackPeter
10-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Living in or around Nelson and interested to talk about shares with like-minded people?

The next local meeting of NZ Shareholders Association will be on

Mon 12th Sept, 10.30 am at Richmond Library.

This will be an informal round table discussion to which all are welcome. We can't organise another Brexit (which was a hot topic last time around ;)), but expect there will be plenty to talk about.

Grab yourself some refreshments at the Library Cafe and join the group in the large meeting room at the front.

BlackPeter
21-09-2016, 08:23 AM
If you happen to be in Nelson and interested to learn more about the forthcoming NZ King Salmon IPO ... here is your opportunity:

A talk has been organised for the NZSA. Speaker is Andrew Clark, CFO of King Salmon. Andrew has kindly offered to talk about the company and to go through the prospectus.

Venue is the usual room at the Richmond Library. Grab yourself some refreshment from the cafe, enjoy a chat with other shareholders and meet Andrew. All are welcome.

date / time: 10 October, 10.30 am.

BlackPeter
09-11-2016, 04:00 PM
The local (informal) NZSA group meets Monday, 14. Nov in the Richmond Library at 10.30am

George Atkinson (a local investor) will give a talk on Investing - Information Sources and Methodology

Learning to understand what looks like a good investment requires information and pattern recognition. One way of developing this skill is to go over a histories of recommendations and see what a an investment looked like at the initial BUY. The presentation will do a case study of a one very successful investment from Market Analysis (a subscriber newsletter) including its progress from BUY to SELL using the freely available sources. Viewers will see how they can repeat this iteration to grow a feeling for what identifies success..

Many of the indicators of share value (PE, PEG, yield, insider buys etc) will also be briefly discussed.

All welcome ...

BlackPeter
28-11-2016, 11:07 AM
Notice from the Nelson NZSA group:

We are having a Shareholders Lunch at Bar 321 (on the corner of Queen St by the lights) in Richmond at 12.30pm on Monday 5th Dec. Members and non-members welcome.

Lola
04-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Notice from the Nelson NZSA group:

We are having a Shareholders Lunch at Bar 321 (on the corner of Queen St by the lights) in Richmond at 12.30pm on Monday 5th Dec. Members and non-members welcome.
Will The Master Chris from P Beach be there to review OHE?

Jerry
05-12-2016, 07:52 AM
No, just the Fish and Chips, though I have no doubt OHE will be a hot topic. We like to organise at least one financial disaster before each meeting just as a talking point.

BlackPeter
20-02-2017, 12:10 PM
The next NZ Shareholders meeting will be at the different time of 1.30pm in the Richmond Library (usual venue) to listen to a presentation by Kevin Armstrong. Kevin has recently published a book, Investment - The Expectations Game. It is a most readable book with an interesting slant on where we stand today.

Kevin speaks from the fund of knowledge gleaned from a 35 yr career in global investment markets. He was was the chief investment officer for ANZ and has written another book called "Bulls, Birdies, Bogeys and Bears".

Put the date in the diary, Monday, 6th March.

BlackPeter
10-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Advance notice of the next NZ Shareholders meeting in Nelson:

Presentation by Chris Lee, the well known financial advisor. He will talk about investing overseas and in NZ, also SDRs (Special Drawing Rights) and will answer questions afterwards.

Thursday 20th April, 12.30pm in the Richmond Library

All welcome.

iceman
11-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Advance notice of the next NZ Shareholders meeting in Nelson:

Presentation by Chris Lee, the well known financial advisor. He will talk about investing overseas and in NZ, also SDRs (Special Drawing Rights) and will answer questions afterwards.

Thursday 20th April, 12.30pm in the Richmond Library

All welcome.

Will you be there BP ? My intention is to attend

BlackPeter
11-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately not, but please give my regards to Jean (the organiser) and Chris ...
My weak excuse? It would be a 16 hour round trip from our place ...
I am sure you will enjoy Chris' presentation ... I attended recently in Christchurch.

BlackPeter
20-06-2017, 10:05 AM
notice from the Nelson organiser ...

Since so many of us are migratory this winter, I am putting the next meeting on Monday 3rd July, usual venue, Constance Barnicoat Room of the Richmond Library, at 10.30 am.

I have booked the Datashow so we can explore the information available on the NZSA site, and compare our favourite market sources.

BlackPeter
19-07-2017, 12:55 PM
From the organiser:

Hi there,

Greetings from over the Tasman. The next meeting of the Shareholders Assoc will be held at the usual venue, Richmond Library at 10.30 on the 7th August. Mr Colin Francois will chair a discussion over coffee in the Constance Barnicoat room, exploring financial websites and where to access useful information,

All the best,

BlackPeter
14-09-2017, 08:53 AM
NZSA Shareholder meeting 10.30 am, Monday 25 September in the usual Barnicoat room, Richmond Library. Colin & Diane Scott.

Terry Horne will discuss governance including assessment of successful /unsuccessful boards.

All welcome

BlackPeter
01-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Dean Anderson (Product Manager of Smartshares) talks about "Basics of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Passive Investing"

venue: Richmond Library
date & time: Monday 9th October, 7.30 pm

Please note - this is an evening event (different time than usual)!

All welcome.

BlackPeter
15-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Got the following message from the organiser of the Nelson meetings:

For our next meeting I am delighted to announce a lecture by Carl Davidson of Research First on, ‘Being a Smarter Investor: Lessons from Behavioural Science’

In this presentation Carl will draw on insights from psychology and economics to show why it is so easy to make poor decisions, while fooling ourselves that we are making smart ones. Understanding this teaches us how to make smarter investment decisions.

The meeting will be held at 10.30am on 27th November in Richmond Library.

I have heard Carl before - great speaker and very interesting and relevant subject if you want to understand your and your fellow investors behaviour ...

Jerry
22-11-2017, 01:25 PM
NZSA Nelson shareholders welcome all for a Christmas get-together for a lunch on Monday 4th December, 12.15pm at Bar 321 Richmond. This is the same place we met last year for lunch, by the traffic lights on Queen St Richmond. It used to be the Old Railway Hotel, then Robbie's and now Bar 321. I am informed they will have $20 lunches, and drinks available from the bar.

Jerry
03-02-2018, 08:42 PM
NZSA Nelson: Our next meeting will be a lecture by Ian Kearney on,
The Network Tasman Trustof which Ian is a trustee. NTT is the electricity distributor for this region and is a very large company. Despite this, it has never listed. The meeting will be held at 10.30am on 12th February in Richmond Library as usual.
I have asked Ian to speak for about half an hour in the hopes of leaving time for him answer questions from the floor afterwards.

Jerry
28-02-2018, 06:57 PM
'Internet for the Investor' On 12th March there will be a meeting of NZ Shareholders at 10.30am in the Richmond Library to discuss 'Internet for the Investor'.If anyone has any good websites either for information or blog-posts, please send send a reply with a link and I'll put together a PowerPoint for the Datashow.

Jerry
21-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Shareholder's Association Lunch Due to overwhelming popular demand NZSA Nelson group are having a social luncheon Monday 23 April, meet 12 noon at Bar 321, Queen St in Richmond. No speaker, just general discussion and eats. Non-members welcome; come and 'chew the fat'. :scared:

Jerry
12-05-2018, 07:12 PM
NZ Shareholder Assoc Nelson meeting Our May meeting will be in the usual venue, Richmond Library at 10.30am on Monday 28th May.
Terry Horne will talk on

Should I touch it with a barge pole?
- 'How to read the truth in Annual Reports'

All are welcome

Jerry
04-06-2018, 07:11 PM
NZ Shareholder Assoc Nelson Meeting Our June meeting will be in the usual venue, Richmond Library at 10.30am on Monday 11th June.
We have a wealth of knowledge and experience within our membership, which we should tap into.
Bring a couple of questions along to the meeting. Just two from each person for a Q and A session.
No point getting older if you don't get wiser.
All welcome.

Jerry
15-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Snakes and Ladders
The next meeting of the NZ Shareholder Association, Nelson, is Mon 20th August in the Richmond Library at 10.30am as usual. Graham Peat will kick off the discussion. As prep. each attendee will be asked for one "snake" story to share and one "ladder" for balance. As we proceed, we will draw out the various maxims that come to mind.

Jerry
03-09-2018, 01:48 PM
CEO Michael Midgley and Director Max Smith of the NZ Shareholders Assoc.will give a talk:
Fair Shares for NZ Shareholders
Monday 24th September at 10.30am at Richmond Library (Nr Nelson)
All are welcome.

Jerry
05-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Bear Necessities

Nelson Shareholders will meet for a social coffee at the Cafe in Richmond Library, 10.30 Monday 7th. Wear a hat - we're sitting outside! All welcome.

Jerry
15-02-2019, 06:48 AM
Nelson Shareholders (NZSA) will meet in the Richmond Library next Mon (18th Feb) at 10.30am. Aaron Shields from FNZC will speak on Trading Directly v Using Broker Services. All welcome.

Jerry
09-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Nelson Shareholders (NZSA) will meet on Monday 11th March at 10.30am in the Richmond Library.
NZSA Christchurch Treasurer, Frank Stewart, will talk on his long experience in the market.