PDA

View Full Version : TLG - Talga Resources Ltd

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 10:42 AM
mY FAVOURITE stock pick in the graphite space - TLG The most advanced of which (Vittangi) hosts the world's highest grade JORC/NI 43-101 graphite resource. (the worlds highest grade Graphite of up to 24% ) not to mention EXTREEMLY low cost -

Watch this !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvcYXzGEfpk&feature=youtu.be

Important note : TLG can produce 60,000 tones per vertical metre which is at the lower end of the cost curve !!!!!- customer engagement has now been accelerated !!

"Sweden – Operating in a top mining jurisdiction with producing infrastructure on the doorstep of European markets. Extremely low cost power, port agreement in place and direct road/rail options.
Low Cost – Sub $30m capex and strong returns indicated from Vittangi project scoping study."

So i want to bring this company to your attention if you havent already heard of them - they have just delivered first value-addd graphene product

They are now at the stage where they are looking for and in discussions with commercial partners which would in turn trigger to take them into FULL SCALE PRODUCTION so this is the time to get in while its valued cheaply against their massive asset

Read this article below released 2 days ago to get an understanding and reasons why this could potentially be a multi bagger over all those graphite wanna bees in the market - these guys are an authority in the graphite space and will be highly successful i have no doubt in my mind currently 28c share with only 150 million on issue and 11 million in the bank

16 August 2016
TALGA DELIVERS FIRST VALUE ADDED GRAPHENE PRODUCT
http://www.talgaresources.com/irm/PDF/1853/TalgaDeliversFirstValueAddedGrapheneProduct

12 August 2016
TALGA APPOINTS EUROPEAN PROJECT MANAGER ...click on link below

http://www.talgaresources.com/irm/PDF/1850/TalgaAppointsEuropeanProjectsManager

Talga Resources is well advanced and even have a pilot plant in Sweden where they are already producing small scale Graphene to show their potential partners they have recently done deals - What is significant about this company is that they have the worlds highest grade Graphite not to mention 10's of millions of low to surface high grade resource

The backing and private funding is by a wealthy scandanavian based investor " smedvig capital family office"who invests in large growth opportunities they have a long term hold . They entered at 28c which ironically is where the share price is at - this project is relatively de-risked now and will move upon a supply contract/s being secured which will then trigger FULL SCALE PRODUCTION !!!

http://www.talgaresources.com/irm/content/default.aspx

disc: bought at 28c yesterday

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Why Invest

16 August 2016
TALGA DELIVERS FIRST VALUE ADDED GRAPHENE PRODUCT
http://www.talgaresources.com/irm/PD...rapheneProduct

12 August 2016
TALGA APPOINTS EUROPEAN PROJECT MANAGER ...click on link below

http://www.talgaresources.com/irm/PD...rojectsManager

Talga Resources has 100% ownership of 5 graphite assets in northern Sweden covering the full range of market flake size specifications. The most advanced of which (Vittangi) hosts the world's highest grade JORC/NI 43-101 graphite resource.
Talga is differentiated from its ASX listed peers by virtue of its unique process to liberate graphite as well as bulk quantities of graphene from two of its projects via a world first and low cost method. Talga has evolved into a high tech materials company with an integrated graphene source and future mining operations in the background.

Investment highlights:

Unique Deposits – Two of the high-grade projects have truly unique characteristics (grade, conductivity, gangue mineralogy, strength) which allows for very simple and cheap separation of both graphite and graphene.
Graphene – Demonstrated ability to produce high quality graphene direct from raw ore providing robust margin potential compared to peers.
Sweden – Operating in a top mining jurisdiction with producing infrastructure on the doorstep of European markets. Extremely low cost power, port agreement in place and direct road/rail options.
Low Cost – Sub $30m capex and strong returns indicated from Vittangi project scoping study.
Development Status – Advanced down the path to production with financial metrics published and trial mining and processing imminent.
Demand – Single applications for graphene alone forecast to dwarf the graphite market and strong demand for both products out of Europe and elsewhere.
Scale – Massive resource growth profile – particularly at graphene producing projects.
Diversity – Dual product stream with majority of forecast revenue coming from graphene which uncouples Talga from sole reliance on graphite market.
Inexpensive – Undervalued relative to its peers based on the financial metrics at Vittangi alone.

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 11:10 AM
PEERS _

Take SYR - they have a massive resource yet lower grades - yet 81.4 million tonnes so large resource - we (TLG) have about 30 million tonnes to 2012 JORC compliant - so at 28c compared to SYR $5.20 shareprice we are in great shape for massive returns and probably 12 months out form full scale production
Good thing about TLG is that they are way advanced than 90% of the graphite companies still at exploration stage and most have only started drilling - we are probably 4-5 years ahead of these companies AS WE ARE CLOSE TO FULL SCALE PRODUCTION - BET TIME TO GET IN as its substancially de-risked

Syrah Resources (ASX:SYR) — Syrah Resources is making quick progress at its Mozambique-based Balama graphite project, which it says holds the largest graphite ore reserves in the world at 81.4 million tonnes at 16.2 percent total graphitic carbon for 13.1 million tonnes of contained graphite. A feasibility study was completed for the project in May 2015, and the company expects to start production in the first quarter of 2017.

Source:
http://investingnews.com/daily/resource-investing/critical-metals-investing/graphite-investing/graphite-africa-madagascar-mozambique-namibia-tanzania-energizer/

VIDEOS TO WATCH
****Heres 4 important videos on TLG with MD - Mark Thompson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvcYXzGEfpk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoCVLbMeM2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcfT43HeqpM

http://boardroom.media/broadcast/?refid=&eid=571ee558c95e0de723385910

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Check this video out - exciting times ahead for TLG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-o6I2WbOE

TLG - HAS THE GREATEST GRAPHITE IN THE WORLD ---RECOGNISED AS THE HIGHEST GRADE DEPOSIT GRAPHITE IN THE WORLD UNDER NI43/101 JORC 2012

Enough research from me so over to you to decide - Please DYOR as this is not investment advise to buy TLG

DISCLAIMER : I bought yesterday at 28c / SHARE
previous high 42.5c :D

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 12:34 PM
question - is this potentially the most UNDERVALUED stock on the ASX based on their progress / their asset / grades/ 11 million in bank / derisked /lowest cost / strong management/ worlds highest grade / chasing supply contracts which could surface any moment which will trigger close to full scale production inside 12 months ??

YES in my opinion

Anyone else worn out from companies that are starting drill programmes as explorers, have fond rock chip samples that go to market just so that traders manipulate , pump so that before announcement it goes up and then traders offload sending it back to where it started and with many many more capital rasings required to fund drill programmes at shareholders expense >????

if you are sick of the following....
1) CONTINUOUS DILUTION FROM CAPITAL RAISINGS - YEAR IN YEAR OUT
2) YEARS AWAY FROM a JORC COMPLIANT RESOURCE AND NO SIGN OR HOPE OF OFFTAKE AGREEMENTS IN SIGHT FOR AT LEAST 4-7 YEARS
3) HIGHLY RISKY SPECULATIVE PLAYS -
4) PENNY DREADFULL HOPEFULLS THAT COULD GO WRONG WAY AND SUCK YOUR MONEY DRY -
5) NO ONE OF ANY SIGNIFICANCE ON THE SHARE REGISTER

Ive reduced my risk appetite down from 25% to 8% of my total working capital this week

I am .... im changing my strategy to near term producers and derisking my investments

Now in terms of graphite market and my investment in TLG THIS IS MOST CERTAINLY DE- RISKED NOW AT 28C and years ahead of 90% of other graphite plays
Already been a high of 50c and alot more positive things are now happening

Ive been researching this company over last few days and delighted that ive found this company to invest in with such a long 20-30 + year mine life ahead of them and worlds highest grade graphite :)

Pixelator
18-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Schu- Whats your opinion of TLG v RNU

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Schu- Whats your opinion of TLG v RNU

Hi pixelator- you really cannot compare the two companies as one is way more advanced with a world higest grade JORC and lowest cost deposit as the graphite is actually sitting on the ground LOL and currently have a JORC resource of 20+ million tonnes of high grade orr and a processing plant which they are in phase 2 of production (TLG)
RNU - Just started drilling the ground no comparison :)

TLG way better prospect and at this point in their life cycle better chance of multi bagger due to being de-risked and 5 years ahead of most graphite explorers - TLG nearly producers

RNU is speculative at this point and i still hold them however i got in early before drilling - so way up on initial investment but the more i think about it i may sell RNU now to buy more TLG because offtake agreements wont be too far away now and when that happens it triggers FULL SCALE PRODUCTION

TLG grades are 24% and 28c share Verses SYR 16-18% $5.00 Share

Please go to beginning of this thread - watch all the videos ive provided and you will probably answer your own question !!

GLTU - Invest wisely :)

silu
18-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Dipped my toe into this at 29c today purely on this post :) Only in it with funds I can afford to lose.

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Dipped my toe into this at 29c today purely on this post :) Only in it with funds I can afford to lose.

Good on you - im committed to this companies story and will be talking with management when i get a chance so i can report back - exciting times I Just picked up a few more at 28.5c and still have 11,000 shares to be filled at 28.5c - and will be topping up again soon

we fairly derisked due to where the company is at in its life cycle and not to mention recent capital rasing was at 28c

seems like the market doesnt realise they have strong economics with this "worlds highest grade large graphite deposit - dont you worry they will come :)

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 02:13 PM
SPOTLIGHT ON PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM that bought in at 28c ----SMEDVIG

http://smedvig.no/fund-investments/contact/

Click link below : SMEDVIG invest in TLG AT 28c/share

http://www.aspectfinancial.com.au/docserver/01752170.pdf?fileid=01752170&datedir=20160627&edt=MjAxNi0wOC0xOCsxMjoyNTozOCsxMjArNjEyMDg3ODIrZX RyYWRleG1sK3JlZGlyZWN0Ky9pbWFnZXNpZ25hbC9lcnJvcnBh Z2VzL0V0cmFkZVBERlRpbWVvdXQuaHRtbCsvaW1hZ2VzaWduYW wvZXJyb3JwYWdlcy9wZGZkZWxheWVkLmpzcA==&popup=true

The history of the Smedvig family’s operations demonstrates an excellent track record in managing businesses. The Smedvig Family Office aims to build and operate a robust and well performing investment portfolio. The objective is to secure and grow the wealth of current and future generations of the Smedvig family; hence the time-horizon for the investments is long.

The portfolio is focussed on capital growth, while at the same time optimizing risk to avoid permanent loss of capital and ensuring long term capital preservation. Total assets under management are approximately NOK 12 billion.

The Smedvig family invests across a wide range of asset classes and has considerable experience in successfully investing in the natural resources sector globally. The Smedvig Family Office makes direct investments as a lead investor within property, private equity and episodic/thematic investments, and invests with best of breed managers of private equity-, long only-, and hedge funds.

SCHUMACHER
18-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Something stirring - looks like our large buyer at 27.5c just got filled - they were not there for long so someone accumulating just below CR price - im in for more at 27.5c
looks like the PRO's have arrived and accumulating :)

this looks good and i expect a spike in price by end of week - seen this type of trading before with TLG
my strategy is simple - buy more on any short term weakness

mcdongle
18-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Interesting videos seems Graphene is going to be in high demand..

Aotea
18-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Good on ya Schu...you certainly get the pom-poms out when you like a stock.
Have held this for 18 or so months, Sweden is a very favourable country for miners and this stock is surface, high grade and open...TLG is the one to have for sure- although you did convince me to pick up a few k$ of RNU a month ago just to cover the bases. Interesting space to be in and the upside is off the hook!

SCHUMACHER
19-08-2016, 06:54 AM
Good on ya Schu...you certainly get the pom-poms out when you like a stock.
Have held this for 18 or so months, Sweden is a very favourable country for miners and this stock is surface, high grade and open...TLG is the one to have for sure- although you did convince me to pick up a few k$ of RNU a month ago just to cover the bases. Interesting space to be in and the upside is off the hook!

Good to hear Aotea- its a great story and i intend buying more parcels while shareprice in the mid to high 20's - any sniff of a deal and this should skyrocket - so much going for it and undervalued IMO - what i like about TLG aside from the obvious is that they have multiple applications for their graphite/graphene , not just battery technology - they are currently providing production samples to their customers which could trigger a big run if they secure someone who is in the manufacturing space in the area of coatings, coin batteries, and concrete-

Even a steel manufacturer can add a coating of graphene which would make it multiple times stronger - "graphite is the superman of materials and the strongest material in the world " not to mention its multiple applications and is more conductive than copper ( 200 times stronger than steel and many times lighter therefore if used in car manufacturing, cars would becme more economical due to less weight - ) so many applications as your aware

the MD was also referring to the concrete sector and adding graphite to their products dramatically strengthens their products to potentially withstand earthquakes and other natural occuring disasters- TLG are in the drivers seat and the market has to catch up with what they have -

SYR is a good example of a company that has done well shareprice wise at $5.00 share - they have 80 million tonnes verses our 20 million so that makes our shareprice about 1/4 theirs so $1.25c share LOL and ours is the highest grade in the world JORC 2012 and more cost effective

When you compare SYR to TLG, TLG is lagging in shareprice which is astounding to say the least but in saying that it WILL run , its just a case of when and before you know it we will be back at 50c -

As we speak, TLG are already talking to potential customers as I write this so it would be good to get a company update on this as these customers im lead to believe are GIANT manufacturing companies - once secured this will trigger FULL SCALE PRODUCTION as they are already producing product from their pilot plant in GERMANY

P.S pom poms have been replaced for 5 piece drum set :)

SCHUMACHER
19-08-2016, 07:52 AM
TLG - my top graphene play !!- i believe TLG have the right graphene characteristics and composition, as it can be used across a wide range of applications and sectors (coatings , energy , composites and construction) not just 1 sector like most graphene producing companies -

KEY ADVANTAGE THAT TLG specific Graphite have over others :
Multiple APPLICATIONS for TLG specific graphite :- ( i find coatings intriguing)

COATINGS INDUSTRY
•Replace chrome and zinc in anticorrosion & antifouling coatings
•Electric and thermally conductive inks
•Current market 40Mt/a

CONSTRUCTION
•Lighter, stronger cement
•Higher performance insulation materials
•Functional (electrical or thermallly conductive) glass and building materials

ENERGY
•Li ion batteries
•Flow batteries
•Fuel cells
•Solar panels
•Printable batteries and circuits

COMPOSITES
•Flexible conductive plastics
•Stronger, lighter plastics and carbon fibre materials
•3D printing inks

Close to full scale production with the worlds highest grades of 18-25% and their multiple million tonne resource is laying on the ground at 60,000t at 1 vertical meter ( staggering)

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: """99.9% GRAPHITE """"" JORC resources1 plus additional 136-250Mt @ 18-25%Cg

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjrwf6p5svOAhVGEpQKHRpjBWAQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talgaresources.com%2Firm%2FPD F%2F1763%2FTalgaPresentationat121MiningInvestmentL ondon&usg=AFQjCNH56pe3aFC93bbXOlO875r1BzM-QA&bvm=bv.129759880,d.dGo

" Net present value estimated A$490m (12% discount rate)" - Current marketcap $41 mill

TLG have proven they have the highest grade in the world, they claim are one / if not, the lowest cost producer of graphene in the world - they currently producers on phase 2 of ramp up and are in discussions with large manufacturers to acquire some juicy supply contracts that will allow "full scale production"--- this is KEY

High Grade Graphite Pipeline

‣100% ownership of five graphite projects in Sweden containing multiple deposits
‣ Full range of graphite flake sizes from graphene, micrographite to jumbo and larger
‣ JORC resources1 plus additional 136-250Mt @ 18-25%Cg exploration targets1

8 Reasons to invest in TLG :
1) World’s highest grade JORC/NI43-101 graphite resource#
2) Process technology requires no crushing, no grinding
3) Deposit in Sweden - top class jurisdiction
4) German pilot plant scaling up technology and sample supply to customers
5) Synthetic 99.9% graphite‣
6) Potential to be worlds best margin, large volume supplier of graphene and micrographite raw materials
7) Potential to be disruptive in energy (batteries) and advanced material (functional) products
8) Low capex/opex/funding requirements

TALGAS DEVELOPMENT STORY
Following successful scale up of process, full scale development planned for Sweden

Scoping study ~20 years 250,000 tpa ore producing approximately 40,000t graphite, 6,000t micrographite and 1,000t graphene
Capital cost A$29.3m as no crushing/ grinding circuit and ancillaries

Net present value estimated A$490m (12% discount rate)
Does not require graphene to be financially robust
Conservative assumptions - big revenue leverage in value-adding to graphite and micrographite streams

Talga owns 3 of Top 10 grade graphite resources in world
‣ Pipeline of development to deliver into market
‣ Focus on margins and volume of market applications, not resource tonnes for tonnes sake

ARTICLE !
Graphene consists of a single atomic layer of carbon, arranged in a honeycomb lattice. “Our first Science paper, in 2008, studied the strength graphene can achieve if it has no defects—its intrinsic strength,” says James Hone, professor of mechanical engineering, who led the study with Jeffrey Kysar, professor of mechanical engineering. “But defect-free, pristine graphene exists only in very small areas. Large-area sheets required for applications must contain many small grains connected at grain boundaries, and it was unclear how strong those grain boundaries were. This, our second Science paper, reports on the strength of large-area graphene films grown using chemical vapor deposition (CVD), and we’re excited to say that graphene is back and stronger than ever.”

The study verifies that commonly used methods for post-processing CVD-grown graphene weaken grain boundaries, resulting in the extremely low strength seen in previous studies. The Columbia Engineering team developed a new process that prevents any damage of graphene during transfer. “We substituted a different etchant and were able to create test samples without harming the graphene,” notes the paper’s lead author, Gwan-Hyoung Lee, a postdoctoral fellow in the Hone lab. “Our findings clearly correct the mistaken consensus that grain boundaries of graphene are weak. This is great news because graphene offers such a plethora of opportunities both for fundamental scientific research and industrial applications.”

Profs. James Hone and Jeffrey Kysar

In its perfect crystalline form, graphene (a one-atom-thick carbon layer) is the strongest material ever measured, as the Columbia Engineering team reported in Science in 2008—so strong that, as Hone observed, “it would take an elephant, balanced on a pencil, to break through a sheet of graphene the thickness of Saran Wrap.” For the first study, the team obtained small, structurally perfect flakes of graphene by mechanical exfoliation, or mechanical peeling, from a crystal of graphite. But exfoliation is a time-consuming process that will never be practical for any of the many potential applications of graphene that require industrial mass production.

Currently, scientists can grow sheets of graphene as large as a television screen by using chemical vapor deposition (CVD), in which single layers of graphene are grown on copper substrates in a high-temperature furnace. One of the first applications of graphene may be as a conducting layer in flexible displays.

“But CVD graphene is ‘stitched’ together from many small crystalline grains—like a quilt—at grain boundaries that contain defects in the atomic structure,” Kysar explains. “These grain boundaries can severely limit the strength of large-area graphene if they break much more easily than the perfect crystal lattice, and so there has been intense interest in understanding how strong they can be.”

The Columbia Engineering team wanted to discover what was making CVD graphene so weak. In studying the processing techniques used to create their samples for testing, they found that the chemical most commonly used to remove the copper substrate also causes damage to the graphene, severely degrading its strength.

Click on the image to watch Prof. James Hone take us on a tour of his synthesis lab in the Northwest Corner Building, where he grows graphene and nanotubes.
Their experiments demonstrated that CVD graphene with large grains is exactly as strong as exfoliated graphene, showing that its crystal lattice is just as perfect. And, more surprisingly, their experiments also showed that CVD graphene with small grains, even when tested right at a grain boundary, is about 90% as strong as the ideal crystal.

“This is an exciting result for the future of graphene, because it provides experimental evidence that the exceptional strength it possesses at the atomic scale can persist all the way up to samples inches or more in size,” says Hone. “This strength will be invaluable as scientists continue to develop new flexible electronics and ultrastrong composite materials.”

Strong, large-area graphene can be used for a wide variety of applications such as flexible electronics and strengthening components—potentially, a television screen that rolls up like a poster or ultrastrong composites that could replace carbon fiber. Or, the researchers speculate, a science fiction idea of a space elevator that could connect an orbiting satellite to Earth by a long cord that might consist of sheets of CVD graphene, since graphene (and its cousin material, carbon nanotubes) is the only material with the high strength-to-weight ratio required for this kind of hypothetical application.

The team is also excited about studying 2D materials like graphene. “Very little is known about the effects of grain boundaries in 2D materials,” Kysar adds. “Our work shows that grain boundaries in 2D materials can be much more sensitive to processing than in 3D materials. This is due to all the atoms in graphene being surface atoms, so surface damage that would normally not degrade the strength of 3D materials can completely destroy the strength of 2D materials. However with appropriate processing that avoids surface damage, grain boundaries in 2D materials, especially graphene, can be nearly as strong as the perfect, defect-free structure.”

The study was supported by grants from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research and the National Science Foundation.

—by Holly Evarts

Related Stories:
Podcast: Prof. Jeffrey Kysar on Testing Graphene's Strength (Science)
Graphene Study Confirms 40-Year-Old Physics Prediction
Using Graphene to Make Wireless Communications More Flexible
Graphene Confirmed As Strongest Material
Posted: May 31, 2013

mcdongle
19-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Over 2 billion tonnes of concrete used in a year worldwide

Joshuatree
19-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Hey schu; is that pilot process a new unproven one or not? Have read through the thread but can't find anything,

SCHUMACHER
19-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Hey schu; is that pilot process a new unproven one or not? Have read through the thread but can't find anything,

hEY JoshuaT- here you go - this info is from APRIL 2016 PRESENTATION and they have already scaled up to phase 2 :)

im seriously thinking of doing a Warren Buffett and throwing 50% of my investment money at this

Phase 2 is an expansion of and improvement on Talga’s Phase 1 equipment and involves processing shaped raw graphite ore from Talga’s Swedish deposits in slabs up to 50kg in weight each (up from 10kg previously). Additional modified cells have been installed to increase total capacity of the facility to 365kg ore feed at a time.

Talga Pilot Test Facility Rudolstadt, Germany
Process Technology scale up - Exfoliation Unit
‣ Phase 2 commissioned April 2016
‣ Pilot facility total feed load 365kg ore.
‣ Cells up to 200l vol. each

Talga Pilot Processing Facility Expands in Germany
• Commissioning of larger scale (Phase 2) processing equipment commenced
• New production cells installed with expanded capacity to accept 50kg graphite feed each - optimisation of process test-work on track
• Samples delivered to various industry collaborators across
key target markets accelerating product testing and further process development
• Sample supply agreement reached with a US based Lithium-ion battery development corporation
• Next stage Lithium-ion battery test programs commenced in Germany and UK
• Strategy to develop and test products and prototypes enhanced by Talga graphene and graphite
Advanced materials company, Talga Resources Ltd (“Talga” or “the Company”)(ASX: TLG), is pleased to provide an update on its operations and to announce that wet commissioning of its Phase 2 pilot scale test facility in Germany has commenced.

Phase 2 is an expansion of and improvement on Talga’s Phase 1 equipment and involves processing shaped raw graphite ore from Talga’s Swedish deposits in slabs up to 50kg in weight each (up from 10kg previously). Additional modified cells have been installed to increase total capacity of the facility to 365kg ore feed at a time.
The production process begins by ‘unzipping’ layers of graphite at an atomic level from Talga's raw ore slabs in custom designed
electrochemical exfoliation cells, followed by proprietary recovery and concentration stages.

At full commercial scale, the process aims to deliver industrial volumes of high quality product, at competitive prices.

The Phase 2 expansion is an important operational milestone as Talga continues to scale up and optimise its processing technology, enabling Talga to provide higher volume and tailored sample materials for specific industry based testing.

Talga uses the industry feedback to identify the products and optimal processing parameters required in the scale up of its pilot test-work facility in Germany. After successful process scale up, Talga envisages constructing its full-scale commercial production facility near its Swedish deposit (“Vittangi Project”).

Next Steps
Future milestones for Talga in 2016 include:
• Commissioning Phase 2 equipment recovery and concentration stages through April- June; (COMPLETE)
• Advancing commercial relationships and seeking endorsement and validation from well
known industrial brand names; (COMPLETE)

• Receiving results of product development/prototypes in key sectors; (COMPLETE)
• Permitting and feasibility studies progressing in Sweden; and
• Lithium-ion battery test work results
Lithium-ion Battery Test-work

Talga has historically focussed on the use of its graphene and graphite materials in large scale
industrial markets such as coatings, construction and composites. Until recently, research into
potential applications within the energy market had been quite preliminary.

As a result of recent positive test results using Talga graphite in Lithium-ion (“Li-ion”) battery
anodes (see ASX:TLG 17 Feb 2016) and follow up interest from industry participants, the
Company is now conducting further test-work and investigating commercialisation opportunities
within the energy market (in addition to coatings, construction and composites).
Applications within the energy market can be classified into two broad sectors with a range of
technologies, namely, “production” (e.g. fuel cells, solar panels) and “storage” (e.g., solid state
and flow batteries, thermal storage). Applications for use of Talga graphite and graphene across
both these sectors are currently being investigated.

Joshuatree
19-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Cheers. i ask because i have been badly burnt before where a pilot plant/process has been successful but scale ups have not with unenvsaged problem after problem. PGI's Albion process for gold from tailings is one which ultimately cost me big after a roller coaster ride from where i was $100's of thousands of $ ahead to maybe $100,000 in the red because it took many years to get to a reasonable recovery rate let alone the one promised(never has). So I'm very very cautious with these sorts of things now. Will attempt some more homework here to get a feel anyways.

SCHUMACHER
19-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Cheers. i ask because i have been badly burnt before where a pilot plant/process has been successful but scale ups have not with unenvsaged problem after problem. PGI's Albion process for gold from tailings is one which ultimately cost me big after a roller coaster ride from where i was $100's of thousands of $ ahead to maybe $100,000 in the red because it took many years to get to a reasonable recovery rate let alone the one promised(never has). So I'm very very cautious with these sorts of things now. Will attempt some more homework here to get a feel anyways.

PGI - Cowboys GOLD, IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC OF CONGO - sorry to hear you did some big dough on PGI - some management should not be allowed to operate and should have to be audited- they were processign gold tailings from memory and they had issues with their Albian technology - we dont have such complicated processes and we processing raw graphite which is highest grade in world 18-25% which in its raw state is so concentrated that its already conductive material so your really talking about two completely different materials and processes - no comparison

TLG -
ive done extensive research on TLG MD Mark Thompson and he is pedigree management so happy to go long on this one - also refer to the Fund manager that bought at 28c - they are smarter than the average bear (fund manager) anyway TLG already producing and whats grat is its a 1 step process.

This is what they have over their competitors who have multiple stage processing due to them having to process by leaching and other methods to obtain the % purity - TLG dont have to do any of that and they already producing 50kg blocks of raw material :D

"The backing and private funding is by a wealthy scandanavian based investor " smedvig capital family office"who invests in large growth opportunities they have a long term hold . They entered at 28c "

no comparison between the two - like day and night and chalk and cheese :)

SCHUMACHER
19-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Just found this article on Talga - looking good

http://www.miningweekly.com/article/talga-launches-graphene-product-line-2016-07-19

Talga launches graphene product line

19th July 2016

By: Megan van Wyngaardt
Creamer Media Contributing Editor Online

EMAIL THIS ARTICLE

Font size: -+

JOHANNESBURG (miningweekly.com) – Advanced materials company Talga Resources is seeking to unlock early commercialisation opportunities from its pilot plant facility in Germany by manufacturing targeted fit-for-purpose graphene products.

Through four specific graphene products, including coatings, polymer composites, building products and energy storage/harvesting, the company will complement its supply of raw graphene and graphite materials.
Advertisement

ASX-listed Talga on Tuesday outlined that development of these product lines was in addition to the supply of raw graphene and graphite materials, which had been the company’s focus to date.

The new strategy is a progression made possible by the growth of the pilot plant, which includes equipment scale up and a significant boost to the company’s technical team, enabling this new applied products capability and expedited path to associated sources of revenue.

Talga will now direct its pilot plant output and future revenue focus to four targeted products, including a metal pretreatment coating; an electrically conductive ink; a conductive cement product and a high performance membrane for energy storage/harvesting.

Market researcher Freedonia estimates current global membrane demand valued at $17.5-billion.

Talga believes its strategy to produce tailored products and the continued expansion of production capabilities will provide the most effective, near-term opportunities for commercialisation.

In-house and industry partner testing programmes, as well as field and benchmarking product trials will continue and be expanded to confirm performance results and support commercialisation progress.

MD Mark Thompson said that Talga’s pilot scale graphene processing accomplishments in Rudolstadt and growing commercial relationships had provided the company with a clear picture of new emerging opportunities and how best to capitalise on these in the shorter term.

“We have assessed dozens of market opportunities that have led us to focus on specific targeted large volume applications, enabling us to move faster to products, hand in hand with the raw materials. This approach is intended to create a platform from which Talga can secure validation and commitments from customers before full scale production,” he added.

Edited by: Mariaan Webb
Creamer Media Senior Researcher and Deputy Editor Online

EMAIL THIS ARTICLE

Joshuatree
19-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Thanks , my point was re what works in pilot plants doesn't necessarily work in a full scale plant and/or can take years to get anywhere near nameplates promised. Will try and fit more time in for this . PGI is in Dominican republic and is operating ok now but well below nameplate and after many cap raises. It was the tech that let them down.

SCHUMACHER
19-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Some shinnanigans going on with shareprice today - big dump into 26c managed to get som emore at 26c - seems like someone trying to keep it down - last low we had was 20c so ill be waiting if they want to be silly bugg*** and drop it that low . Ill buy on any weakness :)

SCHUMACHER
22-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Nice recovery from fridays selloff to 26c - lets hope she holds and for those reading this thread- TLG is a long term hold and not designed for a quick trade - i cant give any advise on a TA basis as i am holding because of fundamentals and will wait untill they get a commerical deal and full scale production - untill then shareprice could go anywhere :)

silu
26-08-2016, 09:04 AM
FYI
http://investorintel.com/technology-metals-intel/talga-rubber-hits-the-road/

SCHUMACHER
01-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Update on TLG

Talga – Rubber Hits the Road

Posted on August 24, 2016 by Christopher Ecclestone

As we have noted in the past the three key words that best sum up Vittangi are “cheap, cheap, cheap” and they are music to investors’ ears in these days where all other things being in a projects favour the Capex then spoils the show. The other mantra is, as we never tire of saying, “production, production, production”. The markets may have picked up, but this truism has not gone away. We are not going to “party like its 2008 or 2011” again for a long while.

With Talga we have yet another case of a stealth producer creeping up, like the tortoise on the hare, as its two successive campaigns of trial mining are turning into a test of the viability of, firstly, its mining plans and, secondly, its value-added products, primarily for now in the Industrial Coatings space.

In this update I shall look at the progress made over the summer months towards these two goals.

A Refresher

Talga Resources (ASX: TLG) has joined the rush and becomes the second graphite player of note to target Sweden (the other being Flinders, which is also run by Australians despite its TSX-listing).

Talga Resources has five 100% owned graphite projects comprising multiple deposits, all of which are located in Norrbotten County in the far north of Sweden. The two most advanced projects, Nunasvaara and Raitajärvi, both contain JORC Indicated resources.

Nunasvaara, which forms part of the Vittangi Project, is a microcrystalline flake deposit, with what the company claims is the highest-grade JORC/NI 43-101 resource in the world (7.6mn tonnes @ 24.4% graphite). Raitajärvi, located some 150kms south-east of Vittangi is a coarse flake deposit, with 49% of contained flake classified large to jumbo size (4.3mn tonnes @ 7.1% graphite).

[​IMG]

Talga came out with a Scoping Study for its main target, the Vittangi deposit, in October of 2014. The main findings were:

Targeting dual production of ~46,000tpa graphite and ~1,000tpa graphene over approximately 20 years
Low Capex of around AUD$29mn and capex payback 1.4 years
Around AUD$84/t feed costs for 2% graphene recovery and ~77% total graphite recovery
Indicative pre-tax NPV in excess of AUD$490mn based only on current JORC Indicated portion of resource – from surface

Stealth Production

While one sometimes despairs that the mining slump left no (or few) lessons learnt we are stumbling across more companies that do seem to have adjusted their strategies for the tough times and that this will hopefully carry on into the better times as there is no assurance “this time around” that money will flow in such an uninhibited and unfocussed way as it did pre-2011. Talga has joined the ranks of those companies that have used the downtime to prove their thesis with trial or micro-mining.

In July the company commenced its second trial graphite ore mining campaign at the Vittangi project with the plan being to extract ~2,500 tonnes as required to feed Talga’s upscaled pilot test work facility at Talga Advanced Materials GmbH in Germany and continue developing the proprietary graphene production process.

The 2016 trial mine is extending and deepening last year’s open pit site and similarly extracting whole multi-tonne blocks of graphite ore from within the total 2012 JORC resource of 9.8 million tonnes @ 25.3% graphite. The mine looked like this after the first season’s work.

[​IMG]

For this season Talga adopted improved mining processes compared to the 2015 campaign with the main differences being:

Larger, tailor-made and automated ore block cutting equipment for improved efficiencies and lower unit costs
Ore blocks stockpiled in Sweden and delivered to Germany by truck as required

The benches at the start of the July 2016 campaign are shown below:

[​IMG]

Slicing large blocks of graphite for dispatch reminds one more of stone quarrying than the traditional mining techniques of blasting and fracturing the material for processing into a concentrate. The advantage comes here from the grade of the graphite being so high.

Putting Together the Team

In early August the surest sign yet that Talga was determined to hit the road to production came with the appointment of a heavyweight projects manager in the form of Martin Phillips. In an announcement to the ASX the company revealed that Phillips, a chemical engineer, had been appointed as Projects Manager – Europe. He is a veteran project manager, commercial manager and company director with over 25 years in the global metals and mining sector. The responsibilities of the role will include managing Talga’s graphene and graphite project developments as well as overseeing and driving of processing operations through Talga’s German subsidiary operations, Talga Advanced Materials GmbH.

Building on an early career that included engineering roles in battery recycling programs and smelting innovations at MIM’s Mt Isa and UK operations, he constructed and managed operations and implemented growth strategies for offshore smelting businesses. His more recent roles at the mineral sands group, Iluka Resources, included Commercial Manager where his responsibilities were business and industry analysis, supply/demand models, market pricing and strategies.

Though compensation was not mentioned, we can be sure that snagging such an industry veteran didn’t come cheap which is a further sign of Talga’s seriousness on this front.

Thinking Outside the Box

The graphite space has seen a bewildering amount of applications floated past investors in recent years. Most investor’s attention spans did not extend beyond the flake size “debate” and then narcolepsy set in. The “big” theme is the usage in Lithium Ion batteries but it is good to see that not all graphite players are not putting all their playing chips on this one space on the roulette table.

In Talga’s case it has gone in the first instance for coating technologies and the users thereof as its initial end-users. This certainly reduces the competitive field and works on the angle that, being based in Sweden, Talga’s mine/processing facilities are within easy distance of some of the most important industrial users in the world. While coatings may not sound as sexy as Tesla they are considerably more “tried and true” with the total global coatings pre-treatment sector is worth about US$15bn per annum and falls within the US$120bn paint and coatings market, which has reported compound annual growth of over 5%.

In Talga’s opinion its coating technology has the potential to be used in many industries, but is particularly well suited to the automotive, electronics and aerospace markets and anywhere the use of toxic chemicals, such as hexavalent chromium (which Talga’s product does not contain), are banned. Inhaled hexavalent chromium is recognized as a human carcinogen, nevertheless workers in many occupations are exposed to hexavalent chromium in their daily activities. Problematic exposure is known to occur among workers who handle chromate-containing products and those who weld, grind, or braze stainless steel. Chronic inhalation of hexavalent chromium compounds increases the risk of lung cancer. The lungs are the most vulnerable, followed by the fine capillaries in kidneys and intestines. Within the European Union, the use of hexavalent chromium in electronic equipment is largely prohibited by the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive.

The product offers enhanced corrosion protection by harnessing graphene’s extreme electrical conductivity, impermeability and chemical structure to form a high performance coating.

Talga also claims that its coating can be applied with industrial scale roll to roll machinery, reducing post-formation spray coating steps and improving manufacturing efficiency across products including automobile bodies to battery casings.

In recent weeks Talga announced that it had produced and delivered its first value-added graphene based product. The product, a metal pre-treatment coating (“Coating”), was delivered to a leading global coatings company following the filing of a patent application over the Coating composition and production method.

The Coating is the first of a range of targeted value-added products that Talga is developing and looking to commercialise. The global coatings company assessing the Coating will undertake accelerated application and performance trials over coming months.

At the same time, further tests on Talga’s coating technology are underway at research institutions in India and the UK, where scientific peer review analysis and publication of the results will be conducted.

Talga has aspirations to create a range of graphite products. The siting of the plant for these endeavours in Germany is a very interesting move by the company and heralds that it sees end-uses away from the almost “plain vanilla” Lithium Ion battery space as the way to go.

Conclusion

With Talga ticking the “cheap (by three)” box and the “production (by three)” box, it has earned a place in our affections.

Like many others in the graphite space, Talga needs to bag an offtaker/sponsor to get a leg up on the competition. At least in its case, the low capex is a draw while the positioning in Europe is also a plus. Flinders has shown it can be done in Sweden with minimal outside interference and for the Swedish government the area where Talga are working is an even higher priority to see economic reactivation and job creation.

Now that pilot production had provided proof of concept then it will be interesting to see if the company moves to a Feasibility Study (unless that phase can be short-circuited) and a partner found to kick-start the capex.

As for value-added products, it would seem that potentially Talga’s gain is the chromium mining industry’s loss because if its product can gain sufficient traction it should be able to displace hexavalent chromium where it is still used and provide an alternative to those manufacturers grappling with the issue of finding a safe and responsible alternative.

Indeed like some others we can think of in the mining space, the idea of pursuing the value-added and downstream alternatives in their “spaces” has been made more attractive by the wrenching times that most miners have suffered since 2011.

http://investorintel.com/technology-metals-intel/talga-rubber-hits-the-road/

mcdongle
01-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Thanks for posting

silu
09-01-2017, 12:59 PM
TLG on a nice little run. Sellers depth looking very slim. 32c was an important TA barrier to break. Hope the run is supported by some good news.

discl. small holding

showstring
13-01-2017, 09:14 AM
good little run continuing, up to 38c now

should be a good stock in 2017 if they can get some deals signed

Aotea
13-01-2017, 05:55 PM
good little run continuing, up to 38c now

should be a good stock in 2017 if they can get some deals signed

has taken a pounding this afternoon...still, have faith in this company- have held for a couple of years now

silu
17-01-2017, 09:01 AM
Found this great little video from MIT about graphene and the potential of using it in super strong but light weight structural 3D materials that can be used for airplanes, cars, buildings and other large scale applications.
5% the density of steel
10x the strength of steel

https://youtu.be/VIcZdc42F0g

silu
29-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Has TLG finally turned a corner with its latest announcement? Market certainly seems to think so.

showstring
30-03-2017, 12:45 PM
it is a great announcement, so it finally looks like the re-rate may be happening :)

silu
06-04-2017, 08:55 PM
TLG with its first real breather day since the announcement. To those interested here is a presentation by MD Mark Thompson at TechKnow Invest. I for one am hugely excited about the prospects of graphene and its possible applications:
https://youtu.be/SzJx44gKSdo

silu
06-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Talga’s Graphene Focus Paying Massive Dividends

Lara Smith | April 04, 2017

After generating some of the best graphite results ever seen, Talga Resources Ltd. (ASX: TLG) (“Talga”) have secured deals with two graphene giants to provide essential materials for some of the world’s most ground-breaking new developments. Graphene has been flagged by as a revolutionary technology capable of opening a multitude of new markets, and Talga has the people, resources, and now the commercial go-ahead to be a true leader in their emerging field.

The Deals

Talga announced on 22nd March that they had finalised a joint development agreement with Zinergy, a UK-based energy-tech company focused on producing ultra-thin batteries for which they require a superb quality graphene product. Graphene being extremely thin and highly conductive makes it the material-of-choice for use in the ink needed to print flexible circuitry. The pioneering technology will be used to further develop exciting applications such as wearable-tech, seen by most experts as an inevitable evolution in the booming mobile device sector.

Furthermore, and barely a week later, the company signed with Chemetell, a subsidiary of chemical-goliath BASF, to jointly develop Talga value-added graphene products for use in Chemetall surface treatment products. The joint development program aims to set new industry standards for eco-friendly, high performance, corrosion resistant surface treatments, further empowering Talga’s global impact and resulting in significant movement on company stocks.

Why Talga Graphene?

Talga’s Vittangi project already has an existing resource of 9.8 million tonnes at 25.3% graphitic carbon, which is the highest resource grade amongst all the graphite deposits globally. Further drilling was undertaken in December and January, resulting in a great Christmas for Talga, not only confirming that their mega-project has one of the best gradings in the world, but also accidentally proving the existence of significant cobalt and gold deposits throughout the area.

Graphene is to be found wherever graphite lurks, but is notoriously difficult to separate and scale-up. The prohibitively expensive nature of graphene production scares away most companies, but Talga’s incredible resource purity is what opened up the opportunity for them to move-in on the true cutting-edge of the cleantech world.

What Next?

The company’s focus will no doubt be on its fresh commercial graphite interests for a good while, but the additional opportunities brought about by the discovery of significant cobalt mineralisation will almost certainly come into play this year. Cobalt has received significant attention of late; since conflict-free supplies have grown in demand, the world is looking for offtake from more stable jurisdictions. The particular spread of assets to which Talga now has access, makes them a supreme choice for security of investment this year, as it is almost unthinkable that they would run out of high-end resources to commercialise anytime soon.

Talga have made some excellent market decisions over the last twelve months, switching from their Australian resources to the now-highly-anticipated smorgasbord of Swedish deposits. The area ranks highly for many reasons; notably its established bulk commodity infrastructure with open access rail, road and ports, and low cost power from hydro-electric and nuclear grid. A corporate tax rate of only 22%, and a tiny mineral production tax rate of 0.2% makes for a very workable model. Add to this the fact that the area has an abundance of highly-skilled workers and it’s no surprise that the place was ranked as the second-best mining jurisdiction in the world by the Fraser Institute in 2012-13.

Rarely has there been a company with so many irons in the hottest fires, and investment in these sharp-minded and quick-thinking people would provide much more than just financial returns; there’s progress in them there hills.

https://investorintel.com/sectors/t...lgas-graphene-focus-paying-massive-dividends/

silu
12-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Perth, April 11, 2017 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Talga Resources Ltd (ASX:TLG) (OTCMKTS:TLGRF) is pleased to provide an interview with Managing Director, Mark Thompson, regarding positive results on making concrete more conductive.

Talga has achieved outstanding results, verified by an independent test laboratory, on graphene enhanced prototype concrete samples. The Company is developing 'fit for purpose' products within four prime industry sectors, including the building products/construction sector. Thermally conductive concrete is a growing market which has potential to be an early adopter of graphene enhanced products. Applications include thermal transfer materials for underground power transmission cables, domestic heating, road and bridge snow melting and tarmac de-icing.

"We are delighted with the test results of our first graphene enhanced concrete prototypes," Mr Thompson said. "They demonstrate significantly improved ability to transfer heat energy, opening a range of existing largescale construction and infrastructure markets for Talga's graphene and graphite products. Our European location is situated on the doorstep of these markets and major infrastructure projects, such as Germany's 'Suedlink', where thousands of kilometres of underground power cables may require high thermally conductive concrete materials."

To view the video, please visit:
http://www.abnnewswire.net/press/en/87858/TLG

silu
18-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Damn, damn damn. Didn't adjust my bid for more TLG by one cent and now they are in the midst of another re-rate.

Aotea
19-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Loving TLG...my holding overall is now up 92%.
Have been buying up since 2014.
A nice re-rate and purely on speculation...saving my backside in the stock comp!

silu
26-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Very pleased with the continuation of the re-rate. Happy with the +200% return only with a little bitter taste that I didn't buy more in the 40s-50s as planned.

silu
01-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Article of interest. MD Mark Thompson talking about their Cobalt resources and the awesome applications that can happen when graphite is mixed into concrete.
https://investorintel.com/investorintel-video/talga-taking-strides-worlds-largest-graphene-producer/

silu
01-06-2017, 04:12 PM
fwiw from a HC poster: doing an insto placement thru Canaccord at 60 cents to raise $10million.

silu
12-03-2018, 03:39 PM
I'm still holding this with confidence. Trying desperately to climb over its all-time high. Management has kept us updated over the last few months incl a MOU with German industrial behemoth Bosch.

silu
16-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Great News: breakthrough in Li-ion battery performance.

Test Results - Performance benefits over reference anode graphite
• 20% higher capacity (total energy)
• 20% higher power (fast charge/discharge)
• No capacity fade after 300 cycles (>99% energy retention)
• 94% first cycle efficiency
• Successful scale up - from half coin cells to commercial size pouch cell

Conclusions and Next Steps
The results show potential for Talga graphite anodes to exceed synthetic and natural graphite standards used by the global battery component supply, with higher performance, energy, power and life span at potentially lower cost and no decrease in safety (Fig 6). Additionally the results open up potential for Talga to enter the Li-ion battery anode supply chain at a much higher level (and higher price point).
With Talga’s large and high grade graphite resources, in house technical team, unique product and cost profile there is clear potential for near term sales in addition to graphene products, particularly in Europe where the Li-ion battery market is growing rapidly (CAGR 24% for 2020-2025*). Talks are underway with major European and Asian based battery manufacturers and end users.

silu
28-02-2019, 11:40 AM
I'm purely in Talga because of the graphite so anyone with more experience looked into the cobalt drilling update today https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/tlg.asx-6A921489/
Maybe that explains the massive rise in SP yesterday?

Aotea
28-02-2019, 12:23 PM
I'm purely in Talga because of the graphite so anyone with more experience looked into the cobalt drilling update today https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/tlg.asx-6A921489/
Maybe that explains the massive rise in SP yesterday?

Definately a leaky ship, but its nice to see a little gain in what could be an exceptional company in the future.
It seems to fly under the radar, but not for long

silu
23-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Still holding TLG for its future potential and PFS results announced today doesn't disappoint https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/tlg.asx-6A931507/

There is still an awful lot of water to go under the bridge but I could be greatly rewarded with this one.

Joshuatree
23-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Ticks alot of boxes situ and 55% IRR!
Do you know what the costing is for stage one if its been done?.Thanks JT

silu
23-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Ticks alot of boxes situ and 55% IRR!
Do you know what the costing is for stage one if its been done?.Thanks JT

They are talking about capital expenditure of US$27m in stage 1 but DFS for it will be ready Q1/2020

silu
12-08-2019, 10:03 AM
A very in-depth research report by SP Angel was published on Talga's website http://www.talgaresources.com/irm/PDF/2501_0/SPAngelResearchReportonTalga
Their target price is A$1.80 (current A$0.435)

Aotea
12-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Good to see you are still hanging in there Silu.
I would be very happy if that target was achieved.....certainly not out of the question but some of these concepts need to be commerciaised

silu
13-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Good to see you are still hanging in there Silu.
I would be very happy if that target was achieved.....certainly not out of the question but some of these concepts need to be commerciaised

Yes still in there. I don't have that many so I will keep on holding. Lots of Blue Sky ahead if they get things right. Volkswagen especially has lofty plans for it's batteries and have said that they want to procure from Europe so Talga could be in play here.

But I'm not gonna top up until the inevitable CR.

silu
13-11-2019, 01:11 PM
They are in a trading halt but they call it a "funding initiative" which hopefully means that management came through on their promise that funding should not come with major dilution. They need about $30m for Stage 1.

silu
25-06-2020, 08:53 AM
This announcement had the market all a flutter yesterday with a +34.9% day. https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/tlg.asx-6A983669/

If you look at some of the potential partners then yes it does sound quite exciting. I've been buying a couple of more tranches this year bringing it up to the maximum level I'm comfortable with. Many hurdles still ahead but it seems we have hit the nail on the head by concentrating on valued added product instead of just being a mining company.

Aotea
25-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Silu, you're still not talking to yourself. Have held a decent parcel and 4-bagged it. No intention to sell. Defintely flying under the radar...

silu
25-06-2020, 04:00 PM
Silu, you're still not talking to yourself. Have held a decent parcel and 4-bagged it. No intention to sell. Defintely flying under the radar...

Honestly I haven't been buying much lately but when possible have upped my TLG shares. I need to read perhaps more what they have announced lately because if there have received 300% of planned interest of annual production to their PFS which has them at pre-tax PVR of just over a billion does that mean we could triple that? Seems almost too good to be true.

silu
05-08-2020, 08:50 PM
2 whiskey deep I'm not doing my best work but oh my that looks good https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/tlg.asx-6A990153/

22y life of mine
pre-tax IRR 55%
$174m Capex for Stage 1+2
Payback in 1,5 years

silu
06-08-2020, 08:28 AM
With the whiskey fog disappearing I'm realizing that there wasn't actually lots of new information in the announcement. Big takeaway is that Stage 1+2 will be effectively merged with the aim to produce in 2022, yield and other improvements.

Either way still an exciting future ahead for their anode programme. However most likely there will be still need to raise capital along the way so no easy returns for the next 12 months.

silu
21-09-2020, 09:55 AM
There has been lots of information swirling around of late especially with interest in buying from the States. Similar battery companies with project smaller or less advanced than Talga are around market valuations of $1b+ while Talga still sits on a MC of $200m.

If you're interested in knowing more about Talga a YouTube channel called The Limiting Factor has been publishing a great summary https://youtu.be/902K5fWggjQ and also a very insightful interview with CEO Mark Thompson https://youtu.be/WeTAC6Xe4Uw

I bought a parcel August 2016 and participated in a SPP December 2019. I'm very bullish on this and would like some more along the way.

silu
29-10-2020, 08:43 AM
Very good gains lately mostly for being in the battery sector which enjoys high valuations at the moment but also small changes in the rhetoric of MD Mark Thompson which seems to indicate that when it comes to anodes their product outperforms the rest. As a long-term believer this is far from being a mature investment and I expect multi-bags.

silu
02-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Wonderful news.

LKAB, Mitsui and Talga confirm intent to jointly develop Swedish battery anode project

Swedish state-owned mining and minerals group LKAB has joined Mitsui in
executing a tripartite non-binding Letter of Intent with Talga
• The LOI outlines the intent to jointly develop Talga’s Vittangi anode project in
northern Sweden following detailed feasibility study due Q1 2021 and due diligence
• Agreement offers significant opportunities for synergies across Swedish operations
and infrastructure, regional investment and global sales/distribution

http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old/20201102/02303539.pdf?uid=67DFDEE05782F53A1ECAB5768BB986BDA F6F0000E7BF42B0518DE540093D250091850000&ppv=

Aotea
06-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Gee not a lot of member interest in this stock. Its having a great 2020 and next year should be even better. Yet poor Silu sits here drinking whisky and talking to themselves...

silu
08-11-2020, 12:16 AM
Gee not a lot of member interest in this stock. Its having a great 2020 and next year should be even better. Yet poor Silu sits here drinking whisky and talking to themselves...

haha...as we speak after an AB loss drowning my sorrows. If Talga reaches my blue-sky valuation then a little bit less poor ;)

silu
09-11-2020, 12:42 PM
And it keeps on rising based on unsubstantiated rumors. Easily my second biggest holding now and the journey hasn't even started yet.

Now I see there is a Lagavulin on special.....better buy it.

Groovyll
09-11-2020, 12:50 PM
Lagavulin 16yr a very nice drop indeed (Octomore 7.1 better ha ha). I think i better get into these TLG, get in for next years big up's??

silu
12-11-2020, 01:36 PM
Jebus just hit $2

numbersman
12-11-2020, 02:39 PM
Jebus just hit $2
Then someone sold a heap!All good I'm in at below 50c

silu
12-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Then someone sold a heap!All good I'm in at below 50c

Nice. My average price is 35.654c

Aotea
14-11-2020, 08:45 PM
After a few top-ups my average is now 37.8c. Very happy and is now my second or third biggest holding.
We are still at the bottom of the curve, so much upside if Talga meets its potential

silu
08-12-2020, 08:24 AM
Got announced last night. Will be interesting to see how the market will react. We are still years away from revenues but although it looks all very rosy funding structure will be interesting. Mitsui will definitely be on board but question remains how much of the project Talga is going to have to sell off. Until then all I have is dreams of an early retirement until then.

Positive Niska Scoping Study Outlines Pathway to Globally Significant Battery Anode Production
http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old/20201207/02319255.pdf?uid=473874A26FDFA8B5BB396E9C7EF4A20E0 207000089720645CC91E540093D250091850000&ppv=

Aotea
08-12-2020, 10:55 PM
Dont want to let the cat out of the bag @Silu but these guys will be in my stock comp for 2021 😂😂

silu
17-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Dont want to let the cat out of the bag @Silu but these guys will be in my stock comp for 2021 ����

Just for you they got their CR out of the way in the old year. I will definitely participate. Not many opportunities for cheap shares left if things go right.

TTongster
17-12-2020, 11:34 PM
Are we able to participate in the CR? I'm reading the investor presentation and it looks like NZ is on the international offer restriction list (pg 54).

Man, i would be disappointed if that's the case.

silu
18-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Are we able to participate in the CR? I'm reading the investor presentation and it looks like NZ is on the international offer restriction list (pg 54).

Man, i would be disappointed if that's the case.

Only NZ and Australian investors are allowed to participate: source http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old/20201215/02322337.pdf?uid=A209183DA8047D15CA9A667A62A86BECA 8150000CF8A46C20C93E540093D250091850000&ppv=

4F.2 Countries in which the entity has +security holders who will not be eligible to accept the proposed offer
All countries other than Australia and New Zealand.

but always dyor

silu
18-01-2021, 02:44 PM
The SPP closed last Friday and the good sign is that the shareprice during the offer hasn't even come close to the SPP price of $1.45. I could only apply for 2K worth but then I already have a bundle which I bought at 29c and 44c. The annoucnement regarding SPP result with come on Wednesday.

Personally I believe that there will a lot of announcement coming over the year. I expect more partnerships, the commercial DFS numbers and the mining and refinery approvals to come through. The technology opportunities are amazing. Of course there are unsubstantiated rumours flying around but I believe their customers will mainly come from Japan and Europe.

Either way I hope that this stock can be the retirement builder I'm looking for.

silu
19-01-2021, 08:17 AM
Just when I thought the future looks rosy it seems Smedvig their largest shareholder put their $37m Talga shares for sale. Not sure why and I hope management comes soon with an explanation.

Lion_graf
20-01-2021, 11:32 AM
how do we see Talga vs Novonix at current prices? can Talga dropping back to $1.60 level.. future prospects if you had to choose one?

silu
22-01-2021, 09:04 AM
how do we see Talga vs Novonix at current prices? can Talga dropping back to $1.60 level.. future prospects if you had to choose one?

Hi Lion,

Sorry I haven't researched Novonix at all. In case you haven't seen it David Quan made a video about the two https://youtu.be/2-k8KahVxp4

Personally I have invested in Talga based on the quality of the deposit and the fact that it is in Sweden.

Lion_graf
22-01-2021, 05:37 PM
thanks for the video i have watched it already.. the sell down from sachs is a huge put off and quite interested in novonix with Dahn at the helm. But Talga seems like they offer a natural product at low cost..

silu
28-09-2022, 08:41 AM
Quality announcement yesterday that saw the SP shoot up on a bad day for the market. Still holding knowing that it's high risk as it's all about the permits and Sweden is notoriously stingy with them.

ACC and Talga sign non-binding Offtake Term Sheet for Swedish lithium-ion battery anode
http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old/20220927/02572890.pdf?uid=DC8578D3ED25C0E6163E07346579121D4 C1D0000554A94B32CE4E540093D250091850000&ppv=

Aotea
28-09-2022, 07:13 PM
Quality announcement yesterday that saw the SP shoot up on a bad day for the market. Still holding knowing that it's high risk as it's all about the permits and Sweden is notoriously stingy with them.

ACC and Talga sign non-binding Offtake Term Sheet for Swedish lithium-ion battery anode
http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old/20220927/02572890.pdf?uid=DC8578D3ED25C0E6163E07346579121D4 C1D0000554A94B32CE4E540093D250091850000&ppv=

The permits will be approved. There is no understating the value of the resource to Europe.

silu
29-09-2022, 08:12 AM
The permits will be approved. There is no understating the value of the resource to Europe.

I hope so. Especially the expansion permits as these would be the ultimate company maker. The demand outstrips already what we have planned so I truly hope there are no hiccups. The future is certainly exciting. I've been in it since 2016 at 29c so I this could be helpful towards an early retirement.

silu
06-04-2023, 10:37 AM
Yes to hell yeah!
Talga AB receives permission for a graphite mine at Nunasvaara in Kiruna municipality

silu
09-05-2023, 08:55 AM
Final decision to be taken by the courts on 14th June. There were initially 6 objectors but only 3 have put in the paperwork on time and 2 out of the 3 have been asked to provide further information.

Let's see if Talga can get their 19,500tpa anode refinery off the ground.

silu
17-07-2023, 10:48 AM
Environmental permit for Talga’s anode refinery in force!!

https://stocknessmonster.com/announcements/tlg.asx-6A1158521/

Aotea
17-07-2023, 11:57 AM
Hi Silu
Feel like you're talking to yourself yet?
Im still here watching the permit and refinery move through the process.
TLG is still a no-brainer for me and see a huge future for them!

silu
17-07-2023, 01:20 PM
Hi Silu
Feel like you're talking to yourself yet?
Im still here watching the permit and refinery move through the process.
TLG is still a no-brainer for me and see a huge future for them!

I'm still quite bullish on TLG but I admit that there are still hurdles to overcome. Personally I think it would be a travesty should TLG not get the mining permit. But after that how many vertically integrated anode suppliers are like us?

silu
01-09-2023, 11:03 AM
MINE PERMIT APPEALS REJECTED!!!!

However the way the Swedish courts work there can be another appeal lodged within 4 weeks but as the announcement says ""The Supreme Court may only hear an appeal if there is a need to develop case law or there are special grounds such as a miscarriage of justice or gross error in law.”

Plus we also might have a great source of hard rock lithium on another project with grades up to 1.95% Li2O. But this is so early yet it doesn't warranty discussion until we have more drilling results.