PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Meeting Saturday 4 March 2017

Beagle
07-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Hi Folks,

You are warmly invited to meet up to chew the fat on the prospects for your favorite shares for 2017 at a Share Trader lunch to be held at noon in the Viaduct Harbour at The Original, (formerly Snap Dragon) please see
http://www.theoriginal.co.nz/

Please RSVP by Pm, e.mail or in this thread if you're planning to attend so we can reserve the table space appropriately.

Please bring a couple of your best investment idea's for 2017 and I look forward to a friendly and lively discussion as per previous years.

see weed
10-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Hi Folks,

You are warmly invited to meet up to chew the fat on the prospects for your favorite shares for 2017 at a Share Trader lunch to be held at noon in the Viaduct Harbour at The Original, (formerly Snap Dragon) please see
http://www.theoriginal.co.nz/

Please RSVP by Pm, e.mail or in this thread if you're planning to attend so we can reserve the table space appropriately.

Please bring a couple of your best investment idea's for 2017 and I look forward to a friendly and lively discussion as per previous years.
Thanks Roger, I will be there.

whome
17-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Hi Roger, I will be there. A newbie to ST, well a follower for the last 8 mths or so, call me a toddler.

Beagle
17-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Hi Roger, I will be there. A newbie to ST, well a follower for the last 8 mths or so, call me a toddler.

Welcome to the forum mate and I look forward to meeting you in person.

fiasco
21-02-2017, 08:28 AM
The last one I attended was great, count me in again for this please Roger.

A.

Beagle
21-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Will do mate.

XxOrooxX
01-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Hi Roger - Would have loved to come to this unfortunately I have a friend over from the States. Do these catch ups happen often? If so when is the next one?

Ace
01-03-2017, 10:48 PM
I might be interested! Although not sure if I can contribute much to the conversation hahaha

Beagle
02-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Hi Roger - Would have loved to come to this unfortunately I have a friend over from the States. Do these catch ups happen often? If so when is the next one?

Once a year in February or March, sorry.

I might be interested! Although not sure if I can contribute much to the conversation hahaha

All welcome mate, the more the merrier :)

brend
02-03-2017, 09:00 PM
will try and pop in.

Beagle
03-03-2017, 01:02 PM
It would be great to see you again mate.

Ace
03-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Yeah will pop by with ohe of my friends who lurks the forums hahaha. Quite excited to put a face to some of these names :)

winner69
04-03-2017, 11:00 AM
High noon has arrived

Has Roger been convinced RYM a far better bet than SUM

see weed
04-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Thanks Roger. Good venue over looking the boats.

Beagle
04-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks everyone for coming. Very pleasant chatting and nice to catch up with some old contacts and put faces to names of others.

Winner, Vaygor1 tried to convince me that RYM was a good hold but I just put it out there mate that you and I called it three years ago it was fully priced at ~ $8.80 and we've been dead right.
RYM still fully priced. Another year of treading water I reckon. RYM trading on a trailing PE higher than SUM but for the last five years has grown at about one third of the pace.

Our mutual friend down your way who works in the sector reckons customer satisfaction at SUM is very very high.

Vaygor1
04-03-2017, 08:05 PM
High noon has arrived

Has Roger been convinced RYM a far better bet than SUM

I've decided that RYM stands for Rogers Yearly Moan :D
Haha.. just kidding Roger.

And my sincere thanks for organising another ST Auckland Meet. Much appreciated and much enjoyed.

So is the double or quits on ALF's percentage gain in capex+dividend vs SUM over the next six months??

I look forward to my 2 pints in due course. :) Yum Yum

Vaygor.

Beagle
05-03-2017, 03:56 PM
You're welcome mate and it was nice to chew the fat on the relative merits of the retirement stocks.
Tell you what, YES lets go double or nothing on that bet SUM vs ALF for the next 12 months but if I lose that we'll contemporaneously be running an all up double on SUM vs RYM, with me on the SUM horse again, how's that ? If you win all that mate, (four beers), then you'd better organize a taxi home after next year's meeting :)

Ace
05-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Thanks Roger for organising the event, it was great to meet everyone and interesting to hear the mix of opinions. Looking forward to seeing you all around!