PDA

View Full Version : ARA Ariadne Australia

kura
24-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Just noticed that this company still exists. (put wrong code on an ASX search )
Thought it died along with Judge Corporation back in the 1980's
May buy a few just for old times sake !

24-03-2017, 07:11 PM
I bought them as South Pine Quarries. Did well and got out. Was not there at the end.

kura
24-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Luckily I wasnt there at the end either, had to sell all my shares to purchase first home. ( But did get a good ride out of them while I held )

As I recall, my mortgage interest rate was approx 12% when I purchased my home, and within a year the rate had gone up to 20% Hate to think of carnage if interest rates returned to that level.

macduffy
24-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Yes, been there, done that. Time was when the Judge name meant a lot! I think I did a small amount through moving out too slowly and leaving a nice profit on the table.

:(

percy
24-03-2017, 09:43 PM
I bought them as South Pine Quarries. Did well and got out. Was not there at the end.

Me too.Exciting times?
Judge corp shares hit $6 before becoming worthless.

bohemian
24-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Wasn't Judge Corp worth 2 bob and a gobstopper in the end. Ariadne was certainly my mythical tangle thread and cost me more than I could afford at the time. Learnt a good lesson from Judge but did come back to successfully share investment.

Joshuatree
28-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Still know how to sniff out value.Disclose holding AAD

Listed car park owner Ariadne that is backed by corporate raider Gary Weiss is believed to have amassed a 4.9 per cent stake in the embattled theme park owner Ardent Leisure, according to sources, in what may be the precursor to a takeover.
Ardent was in play last year before a fatal tragedy at one of the rides at Ardent’s theme park Dreamworld.
The Australian can reveal that US-based KSL Capital Partners had been working with investment bank Citi at the time to launch a takeover bid of Ardent, which had Bank of America Merrill Lynch providing defence advice.
However, whether the acquisition of the stake by Ariadne (ARA (http://markets.theaustralian.com.au/shares/ARA/ariadne-australia-limited)) is the precursor to a takeover remains unclear.
Shares in Ardent (AAD (http://markets.theaustralian.com.au/shares/AAD/ardent-leisure-group)), which was once managed by Macquarie Group, have crashed to $1.71 after trading at as much as $2.85 last year before the Dreamworld tragedy and are now viewed as undervalued.
Dr Weiss, who worked with Kiwi corporate raider Ron Brierley during the 1980s, is a director on the board of Ariadne as well as Premier Investments.