PDA

View Full Version : ANZ Securities executed order which I cancelled.

mani99
21-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Apologies if this isn't the place for this question, but I was looking for some advice.

I put an order in for some shares but cancelled the order immediately. About 3 hours later I get a contract note from ANZ telling me that the order has been executed (and in that time the shares dropped 12%!).

Do I have any options here or am I now stuck with the shares?

Thanks,
Mani

blackcap
21-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Apologies if this isn't the place for this question, but I was looking for some advice.

I put an order in for some shares but cancelled the order immediately. About 3 hours later I get a contract note from ANZ telling me that the order has been executed (and in that time the shares dropped 12%!).

Do I have any options here or am I now stuck with the shares?

Thanks,
Mani

Probably need to provide more information. What do you mean by "immediately"? What market was it in? If you put through an order and they see it and click it through then even if you cancelled 3 seconds later (for example) could be too late I am guessing. Best advice would be to give them a call and tell them your story.

21-04-2017, 04:07 PM
If it was actioned before you cancelled then they are yours.

If this happened in the last 7 days go to the order section and select history. That will give you the times of order, purchase and cancellation.

bottomfeeder
24-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Yes, happens all the time, sometimes the order goes through so fast, or just before you cancel. Have to be careful when you put your orders in. What I hate worse is when you put an order in for 5k and you get 10 only just before the price goes up and stays up. Expensive 10 shares even though the brokerage is only $30.

blackcap
24-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Yes, happens all the time, sometimes the order goes through so fast, or just before you cancel. Have to be careful when you put your orders in. What I hate worse is when you put an order in for 5k and you get 10 only just before the price goes up and stays up. Expensive 10 shares even though the brokerage is only $30.

Yeah it is annoying, I do try and check the depth before placing the order but sometimes that is not good enough. Granted but thats just the way the market works. Sometimes in illiquid stocks if you want to fill order you must pay up. In more liquid stocks not so much a problem.