PDA

View Full Version : LOV.Lovisa Holdings Ltd.

percy
01-05-2017, 09:03 PM
With thanks to Noodles and KW.
105,000,000 shares on issue ,giving a market cap of $403,200,000 at $3.84.
eps.22.07 cents....PE 17.4 ...Div Yield {australian] 3.13%
Lovisa produce and sell Fashion jewellery and accessories.
They have stores in Australia,NZ,UK,Singapore,Malaysia and South Africa,and have franchise stores in the Middle East.
The company utilizes daily inventory monitoring from its centrally located warehouses in Melbourne and Hong Kong.
They trade from "smallish" stores in very high foot traffic Malls.The pay back from opening a new store is usually under 18 months.
Logistics are made easy by jewellery being small.Airfreighting product around the world is cheap,and fast compared to TVs,clothing etc. This aids stock turns.The products appeal to women of all ages.
I keep an eye on Westfield Riccarton store.Allways busy.
Today they announced an earnings upgrade.

LAC
02-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Not carrying too much debt either.

arc
02-05-2017, 09:01 AM
They seem to be currently trading in thier historic upper range. Will be interesting to see how they fare against Michael Hill and similar.

percy
02-05-2017, 09:24 AM
I see them targeting a very different sector of the market.The high turnover lower price level.ie under $30 price level.

percy
02-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Final boarding call,the train is about to leave the station....Toot,toot.!..lol.
I hear Australian brokers ,Morgans,Macquaries,Bell Potter and Evans Partners have up dated their price targets to between $4.48 and $5.06.

percy
03-05-2017, 01:04 PM
The presentation LOV gave today to Macquarie Conference is well worth a read.
In my first post I said the pay back from each new store was 18months.I was wrong,it is under a year.Now that's incredible.!

Joshuatree
20-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Down from then ($3.77) to $3.43 and hovering on/under 200DMA; Irrational or just being clobbered along with all the retail sector running Amazon scared etc?

winner69
20-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Down from then ($3.77) to $3.43 and hovering on/under 200DMA; Irrational or just being clobbered along with all the retail sector running Amazon scared etc?

Previous market crashes were signalled by some stocks being priced irrationally ..... and then the price of most stocks collapsed

Just an observation

Joshuatree
20-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Maybe W69 I've read small cap and now big cap turning down in Aus , is the midcap next? Consensus on 4 traders is $4.56 by 6 analysts and they had great upgrade Thread » (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-profit-guidance-and-international-footprint-expansion.3394179/#post-24372333) Percy has a better handle on this one then me, any thoughts percy etc? Retail is abhorred atm.

percy
11-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Maybe W69 I've read small cap and now big cap turning down in Aus , is the midcap next? Consensus on 4 traders is $4.56 by 6 analysts and they had great upgrade Thread » (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-profit-guidance-and-international-footprint-expansion.3394179/#post-24372333) Percy has a better handle on this one then me, any thoughts percy etc? Retail is abhorred atm.

Sorry I have only just seem this post.
Yes retail is not the place/sector to be in.
As an ex retailer I think LOV's retail model is fantastically clever.
Their last announcement,1st May, stated same store sales were up 10.9%.Now that is clever and is very real growth.
I am noticing LOV's share price is back to near $4.00...This is interesting as it has tried to break through the $4.00 barrier three times.Maybe fourth time lucky.

percy
30-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Looks as though it is indeed 4th time lucky.
Hopefully $4 will now become the support level.

Joshuatree
31-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Goodluck percy; I'm all out of retail.LOV looking good for you.Hope the results are too.

percy
31-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Goodluck percy; I'm all out of retail.LOV looking good for you.Hope the results are too.

Trust you checked out Lovisa's Bayfair Shopping Centre's store before you sold.?
May pay to seek your daughter's advice?
Only retailer I hold.
Last sale was $4.14,so looks as though we are at the start of the next leg up.

Joshuatree
31-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Never got in to get out unfortunately. PGR was the last retailer in aus i bailed on recently.

percy
31-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Never got in to get out unfortunately. PGR was the last retailer in aus i bailed on recently.

Time for you to do some real "solid" research.
Take your daughter to Lovisa store at Bayfair.

Joshuatree
31-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Think she is through her "Bling " period, wants the real thing now:eek2:

percy
31-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Think she is through her "Bling " period, wants the real thing now:eek2:

The 72 year old woman I am on a trust with, is still enjoying her "Bling".First store she heads to when she goes to Westfield Riccarton.
You never know your daughter may take after her forever a teenager father.? ..lol.

Joshuatree
31-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Im refusing to buy her a car for environmental reasons plus saving her $5000 a year in costs.So we share the current car a 1.4 litre VW ( it will be a hybrid or electric sometime); guess who's got it most but thats ok I'm doing my bit and she is too albeit reluctantly but the environmental seeds have been planted; doesn't stop her giving me earful almost daily. sa la vie:p. Int that many young things have made a great decision re choosing not to get credit cards; they see the interest traps the banks set.

percy
31-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Im refusing to buy her a car for environmental reasons plus saving her $5000 a year in costs.So we share the current car a 1.4 litre VW ( it will be a hybrid or electric sometime); guess who's got it most but thats ok I'm doing my bit and she is too albeit reluctantly but the environmental seeds have been planted; doesn't stop her giving me earful almost daily. sa la vie:p. Int that many young things have made a great decision re choosing not to get credit cards; they see the interest traps the banks set.

Grab a bus.All buses head to Bayfair.
You could ask her whether she would prefer Bling, or shares in the Bling seller.?
If so buy them in her name.
Warning.Don't let her buy you a throat choker.

Joshuatree
31-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Was getting itchy trigger fingers when LOV dropped to $3.50 recently but had ring fenced retail stocks as a general no go area; more fool me. Do use the bus to get to Mount Maunganui to climb up it re 769 feet high.

percy
31-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Was getting itchy trigger fingers when LOV dropped to $3.50 recently but had ring fenced retail stocks as a general no go area; more fool me. Do use the bus to get to Mount Maunganui to climb up it re 769 feet high.

You are getting sidetracked,.
Solid research needs focus.Three easy steps.
Grab one daughter.
Catch direct bus to Bayfair,.
Head straight to Lovisa store.

ps You are not a certain dog that has to sniff every lamp post on the journey,and forgets where he is going,or why.lol.

Joshuatree
31-07-2017, 04:49 PM
No I'm not supporting the s/p sorry. And its not my fault that I'm slower than the ,many fit skin tight pants wearing young things that pass me up all those steps.
Im not a dog; i didn't steal snoopys beagle as well as his steam powered abacus and make it my own in some sort of totally unaware plagiarism. Scary individuals.

percy
01-08-2017, 04:41 PM
JT.You sure that's not you loading up at $4.20?....................lol.

Joshuatree
01-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Would you? Not watching atm but enjoy.

percy
01-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Would you? Not watching atm but enjoy.

Yes, if I did not already own any.
And no, as I added to my holding a few months ago.

Joshuatree
01-08-2017, 06:48 PM
You would say that;)

percy
01-08-2017, 07:01 PM
You would say that;)
When you find yourself "well positioned" what else can you say.?..lol.

percy
24-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Result an absolute stunner.

Joshuatree
24-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Ebit above the recent highest guidance. Do they do piercings percy ;if so how about getting some:)
FY17 Investor Presentation (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3631830/)

percy
24-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Ebit above the recent highest guidance. Do they do piercings percy ;if so how about getting some:)
FY17 Investor Presentation (https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/3631830/)

No..............................

Joshuatree
24-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Congrats by the way to you guys/gals who chose this retail gem.

LAC
24-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Wow just read the results now. Completely forgot about this one.

percy
24-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Wow just read the results now. Completely forgot about this one.

I got so excited by the result I brought more at $4.31 today.
Slowly been building up my holding,until it is now my largest Aussie,just ahead of my PGC.

vici
04-09-2017, 11:56 PM
Do you see this as a medium-long term holding?
They have posted a very good result this year, but the thing I am most nervous with fast fashion jewellery such as this is that there is a greater risk in getting the fashion/trends right. Haven't looked into it in detail but remember seeing the gross margin slip 5% in 2016, before bouncing back this year. In saying this they have had a fantastic 75-80% gross margin, and that allows some room for error/discounting..but the dependency in getting the trends/fashion side right makes me antsy all the same.

Competitive advantage-wise, it seems their low footprint stores helps keep rent down, as percy mentioned their payback period on new stores is phenomenal, seem to have had several years of growth and fit out of new stores seems very scalable, asking around the brand seems to appeal to a wide age group 15-50 with the appeal being low price product that looks good (enabling relatively guilt free impulse purchasing) - allowing the low price high volume business

percy
05-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Yes a long term hold.
They are able to adapt to fashion changes immediately,and are doing so.They get new fashion stock into their stores quickly and have a record of clearing old stock.
The brand appeals to a bigger age group 13 to 75 although the target market is 15- 30s.
The result presentation gives a full picture of the business.
And plenty of growth. UK , Spain.and Europe currently.

percy
08-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Final boarding call,the train is about to leave the station....Toot,toot.!..lol.
I hear Australian brokers ,Morgans,Macquaries,Bell Potter and Evans Partners have up dated their price targets to between $4.48 and $5.06.

Above posted on 02/05/2017 when the sp was $3.84.
Closed tonight at $4.80,up 25% in 4 months.!!

percy
26-09-2017, 03:21 PM
I got so excited by the result I brought more at $4.31 today.
Slowly been building up my holding,until it is now my largest Aussie,just ahead of my PGC.

Posted 24-08-2017
Share price today is $5.43 ex divie.
Nice.

percy
12-10-2017, 02:32 PM
I think the buyer at $5.76 is excited by the news LOV is opening a pilot store in USA.
But wait....the buyer at $5.85 must be even more excited.
But wait there's more,yes a big welcome to the astute buyers a $5.91.!!

percy
01-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Yesterday's agm confirmed "all systems go".
Increased eps.
Increased cash flow.
Increased cash held.
Increased banking facility [for possible acquisitions].
Increased number of stores.
Increased margins.
With pilot stores in Spain and a first pilot store in the US, we remain "well positioned."

ps.Yesterday's agm addresses and presentation are well worth reading.

macduffy
27-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Yes, an impressive performance, although shareprice has stagnated somewhat since release of those results. I don't see any mention of online sales though. Given the tendency for today's youngsters to buy "everything" online, I wonder if this might prove to be a constraint on their growth and future profitability?

percy
27-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Yes, an impressive performance, although shareprice has stagnated somewhat since release of those results. I don't see any mention of online sales though. Given the tendency for today's youngsters to buy "everything" online, I wonder if this might prove to be a constraint on their growth and future profitability?

Like every rule we know there is an exception.!
Lovisa is the one in retail.
Their products are cheap,their stores are in very high foot traffic Malls,and youngsters, up to the age of 75, still like to look at the latest fashion bling, and have something to show for their trip to the Mall.
And the share price does seem to stagnate or drift sideways at times, before returning to its upward trajectory.

percy
04-12-2017, 12:44 PM
New research from Macquarries has lit the fire under the sp.Target price raised from $5.42 to $6.75.
Enjoy the ride.

winner69
04-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Oroton gone broke - Expensive bling out of fashion I reckon

Lovisa have it right

Love this - why you take what broker analysts and commentators say with a grain of salt - 2 days before Oroton went broke one said "[Oroton's] low-debt position gives it headroom for future growth funding in the future. Furthermore, its high liquidity ensures the company will continue to operate smoothly should unfavourable circumstances arise."

percy
28-12-2017, 12:35 PM
New research from Macquarries has lit the fire under the sp.Target price raised from $5.42 to $6.75.
Enjoy the ride.

Well that did not take long for LOV to beat Macquarries target price.Currently trading at $6.96.

percy
05-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Well that did not take long for LOV to beat Macquarries target price.Currently trading at $6.96.

Well LOVers Christmas and Boxing Day sales have been great.Same store sales up 7.5% and EBIT expected to be up over 22%.

winner69
05-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Well LOVers Christmas and Boxing Day sales have been great.Same store sales up 7.5% and EBIT expected to be up over 22%.

Good story this LOV eh percy

h2so4
05-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Might buy a car today....Lol!!!!

percy
05-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Good story this LOV eh percy

Incredible story.which just keeps getting better.
With Westfield being brought out by a big European property company, I expect that will open to the door for LOV to expand further in Europe.They currently have stores in Spain and UK.
Too early to know how the pilot store in USA is going,but the LOV model should work there too.

percy
05-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Might buy a car today....Lol!!!!

I did a few months ago.!!..lol.Love LOV.
Look at that sp.Up 85 cents or 12.6%.................Gobsmacked.

h2so4
05-01-2018, 12:42 PM
I did a few months ago.!!..lol.Love LOV.
Look at that sp.Up 85 cents or 12.6%.................Gobsmacked.

Yes some of the one day price movements have been huge.

I'm hoping for a long term hold on this one.
I really need something to park next to my copper car though....Lol!

winner69
05-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Retail not always a bad sector to be in eh percy

Those that avoid it these days because of the gloom and doom miss the opportunities to make heaps following well run retailers who know what their customers want.

A few around eh ..like LOV

percy
05-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Retail not always a bad sector to be in eh percy

Those that avoid it these days because of the gloom and doom miss the opportunities to make heaps following well run retailers who know what their customers want.

A few around eh ..like LOV

Unfortunately very few.
Most need more space,which means higher occupancy costs,rents,wages ,fittings etc.Halensteins, for example need stores two or three times the size of LOV's.Malls can always find space for a smallish high performer.LOV do not need highly trained staff.
When we compare LOV against the likes Smiths City, freighting lounge suites from China,fidges around the country, to LOV's logistics of airfreighting small items around the world we can see why LOV's stock turns,margins,and net profit is so good.The pay back of opening a new store is a matter of months compared, to years for SCY.Very easy opening new stores and closing poorly performing ones.
LOV's model is working in Aussie,NZ,South Africa,Asia,Middle East,UK,and Spain.If it works in these countries it will most probably work in most countries.
Very difficult trying to decide "fair value" with LOV as the growth potential remains huge.

macduffy
05-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Yes, well done percy! A great example of following up local knowledge/observation with further research, as per Peter Lynch!

:)

percy
05-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Yes, well done percy! A great example of following up local knowledge/observation with further research, as per Peter Lynch!

:)

Yes certainly learnt a great deal reading his books.
What was his example? kids buying their clothes from Gap,so they brought Gap shares.

ps And no W69 I do not wear earrings or anything else from LOV.In fact I can't get into their store to check it out, as it is always full of customers.!!

stoploss
05-01-2018, 03:35 PM
What was his example? kids buying their clothes from Gap,so they brought Gap shares.

ps And no W69 I do not wear earrings or anything else from LOV.In fact I can't get into their store to check it out, as it is always full of customers.!!

Think NIKE shoes and L'eggs (stockings) were another couple from memory.

macduffy
05-01-2018, 04:42 PM

Pep Boys and Pick 'n Save were two of them. I think that the latter has since departed to the great sharemarket in the sky. No, not the "cloud"!

h2so4
05-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Closed up $1.16!!!!!
That's $1.27 kiwi...... Super......

Joshuatree
07-01-2018, 01:40 PM
2017 the year that LOV got away from me; no excuses either . Thanks for the headsup you know whos.:closed eyes: Havnt got to acceptance yet.

macduffy
07-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Try not to feel too bad, Jt, you're not alone there! I'm another who perhaps let the "death of retail" story get too close to me. Console myelf a bit with keeping Briscoes and having bought into HLG.

:mellow:

wizAlvin
12-01-2018, 10:07 AM
LOV to be in the 2018 ASX competition? closing in 2 days.

stoploss
12-01-2018, 10:10 AM
LOV to be in the 2018 ASX competition? closing in 2 days.
Percy has it in the comp don’t panic .

vici
17-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Yes a long term hold.
They are able to adapt to fashion changes immediately,and are doing so.They get new fashion stock into their stores quickly and have a record of clearing old stock.
The brand appeals to a bigger age group 13 to 75 although the target market is 15- 30s.
The result presentation gives a full picture of the business.
And plenty of growth. UK , Spain.and Europe currently.

Ugh been kicking myself for not buying in when I first started looking into it, learned the lesson of waiting for the share price to pare back a little...
Prospects for the company still seem sound, with the latest trading update very positive ~20% up on last year. Plenty of room for the business to grow, US will be an interesting one to watch.

percy
21-02-2018, 12:16 PM
The share price has gone above $8.00 ,as today's half year result was another stunner.

DarkHorse
22-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Nice! Appreciate your heads up on this one last year Percy - thanks for sharing the LOV :)

Exodia
23-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Well done on this one percy, never paid LOV notice until now, checked out their website and realized I knew the store: fiancé loves it and I've been dragged in several times to look at earrings and watches..

percy
23-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Well done on this one percy, never paid LOV notice until now, checked out their website and realized I knew the store: fiancé loves it and I've been dragged in several times to look at earrings and watches..

I can't get into their store at Westfield Riccarton to check them out.Always too many customers.
Go to www.stocknessmonster.com and read LOV's last two presentations.Incredible.
Tell your fiancé you brought some shares because she loves the store.!

Exodia
23-02-2018, 04:36 PM
I can't get into their store at Westfield Riccarton to check them out.Always too many customers.
Go to www.stocknessmonster.com (http://www.stocknessmonster.com) and read LOV's last two presentations.Incredible.
Tell your fiancé you brought some shares because she loves the store.!

Haha may buy in and not tell her as I'm quite frugal so she'll think me amazing when I let her buy more things from the store - win win?

percy
23-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Haha may buy in and not tell her as I'm quite frugal so she'll think me amazing when I let her buy more things from the store - win win?

Clever thinking..!!!..lol.

percy
26-02-2018, 06:33 PM
A bit more effort is required tomorrow LOVers get over $9.00.
OK I admit $8.91 is well on the way.!

percy
27-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Great effort LOVers..$9.11.!!

percy
12-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Great effort LOVers..$9.11.!!

Well LOV going into the S&P ASX 300 index in a few days time has brought more buyers for LOV.
Current price of $9.40 may seem cheap, once LOV has gone through the $10.00 barrier....

h2so4
29-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Wee.....$10 there percy.

Now that is worth celebrating.
Another car perhaps?

percy
29-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Wee.....$10 there percy.

Now that is worth celebrating.
Another car perhaps?

Wonderful news.!
No, the car I brought is an absolute gem.

DarkHorse
29-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Great stuff - my second biggest holding now, and the largest JIN's gone past $4 (and headed higher with lottoland et al banned and jackpots growing). Two stocks with ROE to make Mr Buffet salivate :) And largest NZ holding HLG through $5^^. Thanks to great leads from ST contacts!

dreamcatcher
17-06-2018, 10:28 PM
SOLD out completely today $12.53 .................... nice

Patient Panda
17-06-2018, 10:57 PM
This was a great recommendation you made Prrcy. Sadly by the time I got into researching it the valuation had shot through the roof and it would appear I have missed the boat (for now) but if LOV presents itself in future at an attractive price I’ll make sure to be well positioned !

Joshuatree
05-07-2018, 06:09 PM
SOLD out completely today $12.53 .................... nice

Great timing dc.
$10.67 and dropping below the 60 dma according to my ASB chart atm.

DarkHorse
05-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Pent up profit taking post end of Australian tax year do you think?

Lewylewylewy
20-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Thanks to Percy for highlighting this stock. I bought in a week or two ago at the bottom of the curve. Im pretty pleased with today's action.

DarkHorse
20-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Me too - thanks Percy and pleased...bought in mid 2017, got more than my money back selling half when they were overhyped in mid 2018. Been wondering if I shouldn't have sold them all, but todays announcement confirms their huge long-term potential. It was the market that got carried away - managers seem ambitious but down to earth and focused. Added to a strong balance sheet, simple concept, great business model and room for growth they could certainly double again within the next few years.

Lewylewylewy
20-02-2019, 11:06 PM
I believe that in a few years the company will double in value, i agree. Expansion into the usa and uk will cause this. I also like their balance sheet. Interesting that im some countries they report being fully occupied and no room for growth. I hope expansion into the usa will work as it did with other markets, and not be fickle like Spain.

I suppose given the growth they're cheap even at this price, but retail usually has a lower pe, so in that respect they're not cheap. Given this im not confident to buy more at these prices, but will likely top up on the dips.

Jaa
19-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Lovisa down 44% today !!

After a market update saying lots of stores were closed but production was coming back in China. Fashion jewelry is not going to be anyone's priority at the moment but that drop is crazy. Have they got lots of debt or something?

Anyone still holding or buying?

percy
19-03-2020, 07:42 PM
Not currently holding,although the trust I help out on still has a few..
No debt worries,but with a lot of stores temporary closed, and the likely hood of more having to as well,the market was rather spooked by today's trading update.
On my watch list.
Their market is young people, so when this Coronavirus is over, they should recover very quickly.

Beagle
19-03-2020, 08:07 PM
https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200319/pdf/44g63kmnwjlr54.pdf Down 44% in one day. Hope this type of announcement is not issued for any retail stocks in due course on the NZX but I think it could be a useful insight / lead indicator into what might be coming for the likes of BGR, KMD, HLG, and WHS :eek2:

Jaa
19-03-2020, 09:11 PM
https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200319/pdf/44g63kmnwjlr54.pdf Down 44% in one day. Hope this type of announcement is not issued for any retail stocks in due course on the NZX but I think it could be a useful insight / lead indicator into what might be coming for the likes of BGR, KMD, HLG, and WHS :eek2:

I would argue all of those companies sell more essential things than Lovisa perhaps in this order of necessity: WHS, BGR, KMD, HLG.

Would have to disagree Percy, what Lovisa sells is a frivolous purchase bought mostly by young people whose jobs may no longer exist (cafe, bar, tourism, retail staff etc). Guess you could argue its a cheaper replacement for more expensive jewelry.

percy
19-03-2020, 09:34 PM
I did say when this Coronavirus is over..........

Had to take my brother-in-law to Westpac, Eastgate this morning.
The car park was pretty full.
While he was there, I went into Countdown and brought a few items.
I then went into Warehouse Stationery and The Warehouse,and back through the food court.
All were doing good business.
Going to be the place for chemist items.Already a Unichem pharmacy,and a Countdown pharmancy, and now a very large discount chemist is getting set up ready to open shortly.

Beagle
19-03-2020, 09:40 PM
I would argue all of those companies sell more essential things than Lovisa perhaps in this order of necessity: WHS, BGR, KMD, HLG.

Would have to disagree Percy, what Lovisa sells is a frivolous purchase bought mostly by young people whose jobs may no longer exist (cafe, bar, tourism, retail staff etc). Guess you could argue its a cheaper replacement for more expensive jewelry.

Yes and no...you know how the young ones have a need to look "all shiny".

DarkHorse
19-03-2020, 10:00 PM
I bought CKF today - down 50% but 75% takeaway sales and I'm sure a lot of the remainder will still buy to takeaway... much safer bet

dreamcatcher
05-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Up 124% since 24th March @ $3.21 but added more last Friday reducing margin to 60%

Today was another good day...........

percy
14-10-2021, 04:30 PM
With thanks to Noodles and KW.
105,000,000 shares on issue ,giving a market cap of $403,200,000 at $3.84.
eps.22.07 cents....PE 17.4 ...Div Yield {australian] 3.13%
Lovisa produce and sell Fashion jewellery and accessories.
They have stores in Australia,NZ,UK,Singapore,Malaysia and South Africa,and have franchise stores in the Middle East.
The company utilizes daily inventory monitoring from its centrally located warehouses in Melbourne and Hong Kong.
They trade from "smallish" stores in very high foot traffic Malls.The pay back from opening a new store is usually under 18 months.
Logistics are made easy by jewellery being small.Airfreighting product around the world is cheap,and fast compared to TVs,clothing etc. This aids stock turns.The products appeal to women of all ages.
I keep an eye on Westfield Riccarton store.Allways busy.
Today they announced an earnings upgrade.

Above posted 01-05-2017 for those unable to find the thread.

percy
14-10-2021, 04:38 PM
On the move yet again.Up 72 cents today to $19.68.

percy
17-12-2021, 10:08 AM
From Livewire's Jun Bel Llu.:.
I would call it a big year next year, it's because it's got a new CEO. And also, its earnings are going through a transition - a transition as in this business was impacted significantly by COVID-19. All the shops were shut, even though you can buy trinkets online, but Lovisa's is very much tailored towards events. There were no weddings, no events, pretty much.

In 2022, when the world reopens, this company will have very, very strong earnings. In the first quarter of the year, they have already said that the first 20 weeks of the year, it will be doing over 25%, like for like. And over 40% total sales growth. That's just an incredible amount of growth. With the new CEO, he's brought with him very significant experience across Emerging Asia, China and India.

So, we think there'll be a lot of focus on those markets and that will continue to grow. The company has such a unique business model and it creates such excitement within its store. It really brings customers to itself. If it can replicate that around the world, their addressable market's enormous. So, Lovisa is the one that I think will do great in 2022.

percy
24-02-2022, 01:16 PM
Stunning.!
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02490859-3A588124?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

winner69
24-02-2022, 01:19 PM
Stunning.!
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02490859-3A588124?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

If only Michael Hill could perform like that ...... not even in the same race

percy
24-02-2022, 01:26 PM
If only Michael Hill could perform like that ...... not even in the same race

Ha ha,yes,but don't tell them that,they think they are on a promise...lol.

Muse
24-02-2022, 03:31 PM
nice result!

winner69
17-07-2022, 05:04 PM
LOV share price recovering well from a bit of a dive

Lovista - still a real opportunity in (potentially) volatile times ahead.....you could argue it is still a classic compound growth stock.

Why Lovisa (ASX: LOV) Is A Rare Gem Of An ASX Retail Stock

https://arichlife.com.au/why-lovisa-asx-lov-is-a-rare-gem-of-an-asx-retail-stock/

percy
06-09-2022, 10:24 AM
https://stockhead.cmail20.com/t/d-l-fursx-yupddjlly-n/

percy
22-02-2023, 11:11 AM
Stunning.
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02634214-3A613147?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

kizame
24-02-2023, 11:16 AM
Stunning.
https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02634214-3A613147?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a3 9ff4

Very Good performance, my favourite Aussie stock, Peter Lynch would love this.

Sideshow Bob
03-07-2023, 09:11 AM
https://www.fool.com.au/2023/07/02/after-a-26-tumble-in-2-months-are-lovisa-shares-back-at-fair-value/?utm_source=ST&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ShareTrader+AM+Update+for+Monday+3+Ju ly+2023

winner69
03-07-2023, 09:14 AM
https://www.fool.com.au/2023/07/02/after-a-26-tumble-in-2-months-are-lovisa-shares-back-at-fair-value/?utm_source=ST&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ShareTrader+AM+Update+for+Monday+3+Ju ly+2023

Seems to be the time to buy again ….huge upside

vici
28-07-2023, 07:29 PM
Looking pretty attractive, price has fallen a bit after big run from Feb. Thinking the fears on consumer discretionary pullback after the rises in interest rates has played a big part in the price retraction and impact on earnings ?

usenet
01-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Looking pretty attractive, price has fallen a bit after big run from Feb. Thinking the fears on consumer discretionary pullback after the rises in interest rates has played a big part in the price retraction and impact on earnings ?

market sentiment but I think the business is very solid with massive global expansion, you will see they would have 800+ store by the time they are report in late August.

from what I can see they corner this market as well as taking market share from old and boring incumbent where their stores are dated where as Lovisa is much more modern looking, nicer and up to date with the trend

should see decent high double digit grow rate for the next few years