PDA

View Full Version : Comments appreciated on my shares selection

numbersman
30-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Hi there,
I have been investing small amounts on the the NZX for over 5 years now and have done reasonably well with SUM, RYM,HBL,POT.
Instead of leaving my funds in the bank. I'm going wanting to invest 50K into nzx shares. Thinking approx 10k into each of FRE,THL,HBL,DIV,ARG. For 1 year.
I welcome comments from the more experienced investors on here.Any of these shares to avoid, thoughts appreciated...

percy
30-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Hi there,
I have been investing small amounts on the the NZX for over 5 years now and have done reasonably well with SUM, RYM,HBL,POT.
Instead of leaving my funds in the bank. I'm going wanting to invest 50K into nzx shares. Thinking approx 10k into each of FRE,THL,HBL,DIV,ARG. For 1 year.
I welcome comments from the more experienced investors on here.Any of these shares to avoid, thoughts appreciated...

Looks good to me.
Should you already hold HBL,you could look to add TRA to your mix,others, stick with your selection.

couta1
30-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Hi there,
I welcome comments from the more experienced investors on here.Any of these shares to avoid, thoughts appreciated... You should consider ATM, if I had held that share continuously from a year ago, my nett worth would be substantially more than it is.

Snow Leopard
30-05-2017, 05:58 PM
...Instead of leaving my funds in the bank. I'm going wanting to invest 50K into nzx shares. Thinking approx 10k into each of FRE,THL,HBL,DIV,ARG. For 1 year....

Consider leaving your money in the bank.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

numbersman
31-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Ahh lol, same. If only I had a few ATM, brought them at 0.68 but sold a lot of them, making good gains on my measley holding still.

numbersman
31-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Thanks Paper Tiger, I'm trying to diversify so have left the majority in the bank ;)

numbersman
31-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Thankyou, your input is much apprieciated, will look into that...