PDA

View Full Version : National - FFS!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]

iceman
20-11-2023, 11:14 PM
Complete nonsense speak from Luxon who says we can't call for a ceasefire in Gaza 'because the reality is you need the conditions for a ceasefire to be there & that requires both parties wanting to progress a ceasefire.'

Well if we waited until after both Israel & Hamas agree to wanting a ceasefire, we would look a bit ridiculous waiting for a ceasefire before calling for one.

Yes, lets wait until Israel & Hamas want a ceasefire before we call for one !!!

Rookie PM, way out of his depth.

What is the point in NZ politicians calling for an immediate ceasefire ? Such statements just make us look even more irrelevant & out of our depth. The issues in the Israel-Gaza conflict are much more complicated than that and I suggest the best we can do is to support the work the PM of Qatar is leading in trying to solve this. Not some ridiculous and uninformed statements like we saw from Labour yesterday

fungus pudding
20-11-2023, 11:29 PM
What is the point in NZ politicians calling for an immediate ceasefire ? Such statements just make us look even more irrelevant & out of our depth. The issues in the Israel-Gaza conflict are much more complicated than that and I suggest the best we can do is to support the work the PM of Qatar is leading in trying to solve this. Not some ridiculous and uninformed statements like we saw from Labour yesterday

Aw - come on! Hipkins must have them shaking in their boots - calling for a ceasefire.

Blue Skies
21-11-2023, 04:33 AM

My thoughts.
Yes agreed the conflict is terribly complicated, but I don't understand how anyone could watch the images of the slaughter & suffering of so many innocent school children, women, the elderly, hospital patients, fathers, mothers, etc day after day & not say - this has to stop.

More than any other time in history, around the world millions of people are protesting this ongoing one sided slaughter, & calling for a ceasefire.

NZ has always been a champion of Human rights & International Law & our voice carries weight & influence well beyond our comparatively size.
This especially in recent years as Jacinda Ardern raised our profile on the global stage, & esp in the Middle East.
What other countries world leader ever had their image projected on the tallest tower in the world, Dubai's Burj Khalifa with the word Peace written in both English & Arabic.

Ireland, Spain, Belgium have joined others called for a ceasefire & many other countries are calling for a Humanitarian Pause with the pressure growing for a more affirmative response.
We should all be supporting calls for a stop to the killing which shows no sign of slowing, & calling for a ceasefire.

This is one of the best ways we can support Qatar & the UN's attempts to de-escalate this.
I think many if not most Kiwi's would feel remaining silent while watching the ongoing sheer scale of this horrific travesty of humanity & International Law, could not continue.
The way I see it NZ needed to make a stand & am glad at least Hipkins did, since National continue to dither & don't seem to stand for anything.

Daytr
21-11-2023, 08:20 AM
Well, it's not looking like a National led govt at the moment...

Haha great post.

Balance
21-11-2023, 09:09 AM
Haha great post.

Indeed!

Living in cloud Clueless Cindy land as usual.

Balance
21-11-2023, 10:43 AM
Wonderful to see the return of sanity into the government rather than the diversity for diversity’s sake of the failed Ardern government of woke, incompetence and hypocrisy.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/rnz/301012315/new-national-mp-cameron-brewer-celebrated-victory-for-stale-pale-males-after-defeat-of-sri-lankanborn-rival

Te WTF Ora, anyone?

fungus pudding
21-11-2023, 11:08 AM
My thoughts.
Yes agreed the conflict is terribly complicated, but I don't understand how anyone could watch the images of the slaughter & suffering of so many innocent school children, women, the elderly, hospital patients, fathers, mothers, etc day after day & not say - this has to stop.

More than any other time in history, around the world millions of people are protesting this ongoing one sided slaughter, & calling for a ceasefire.

NZ has always been a champion of Human rights & International Law & our voice carries weight & influence well beyond our comparatively size.
This especially in recent years as Jacinda Ardern raised our profile on the global stage, & esp in the Middle East.
What other countries world leader ever had their image projected on the tallest tower in the world, Dubai's Burj Khalifa with the word Peace written in both English & Arabic.

Ireland, Spain, Belgium have joined others called for a ceasefire & many other countries are calling for a Humanitarian Pause with the pressure growing for a more affirmative response.
We should all be supporting calls for a stop to the killing which shows no sign of slowing, & calling for a ceasefire.

This is one of the best ways we can support Qatar & the UN's attempts to de-escalate this.
I think many if not most Kiwi's would feel remaining silent while watching the ongoing sheer scale of this horrific travesty of humanity & International Law, could not continue.
The way I see it NZ needed to make a stand & am glad at least Hipkins did, since National continue to dither & don't seem to stand for anything.

It's such a meaningless gesture it's laughable, although it might have the odd bod pulling out a map to see where this New Zealand place is, and where all the Kiwi's [sic] live.

Balance
21-11-2023, 11:12 AM

The Arab Muslim countries (especially Iran) could not believe their luck when Clueless Cindy donned the hijab (and continued to do so despite being told not to months after the ChCh massacre) - the symbol of oppression of women and females in said Muslim countries.

That's why they projected her image with glee and celebration.

And where was Ardern when Iran started brutalising, raping and murdering women for refusing to wear the hijab?

Clueless and useless - Ardern has only ever been interested in her 'brand' and image.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-shooting/116195738/dont-let-jacinda-arderns-headscarf-send-the-wrong-message

"But isn't observing hijab only expected of Muslim females when they hit puberty?" I asked. The man laughed at my naivety, and said: "That's true, but it is best that you make them get used to it in early childhood. Let it grow with and on them while they are easy to control."

"I wonder how many of the young attendees from Zayed College for Girls have actually chosen to veil. And how many of them would be allowed to take it off, if they so wished. I hope the next time Jacinda Ardern feels tempted to appear in a headscarf, she takes a moment first to consider that she could well be sending the Muslim girls of New Zealand, and the world, the wrong message."

https://cf-images.ap-southeast-2.prod.boltdns.net/v1/static/1308227299001/90391681-f975-4a02-b398-d8f5874f308f/6627ab76-d3d6-4609-a468-d4ab94bbc2c6/1280x720/match/image.jpg

https://www.atheistalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Mahsa-Amini-1050x600-1-2100x1200.jpg

westerly
21-11-2023, 11:16 AM
No I do not want civilians to die, however Hamas are the ones hiding behind civilians and have been doing for ages. Often a willing civilian. I know its a bit more nuanced than that, but I do have a Palestinian cousin and she applauds the IDF.

So not all Palestinians are for Hamas but many are.

Hamas needs to be destroyed, and once they are gone, hopefully Iran will not have a voice in that area of the world.

Nor should the USA . Wherever there is trouble around the world the USA will be there.

westerly

blackcap
21-11-2023, 11:20 AM
Nor should the USA . Wherever there is trouble around the world the USA will be there.

westerly

Actually I agree with you there.

Bjauck
21-11-2023, 03:49 PM
My thoughts.

The way I see it NZ needed to make a stand & am glad at least Hipkins did, since National continue to dither & don't seem to stand for anything. Haven’t the Irish government been long-time supporters of Palestinians and whosoever leads them? They equate themselves and the Palestinians as the victims of partition and colonialism from the UK/Israel. HAMAS are unconscionable terrorists though and with little regard for either Palestinians or Israelis.

winner69
21-11-2023, 05:03 PM
He’s maybe right to some extent but what a stupid thing to say

Luxon said the deputy prime minister position was "largely a ceremonial role" which existed to "fill in for when I'm incapacitated or away or not in the House".

dobby41
21-11-2023, 05:05 PM
Luxon really is a bit thick …but we shouldn’t moan as the country voted for him to lead us

Luxon said the deputy prime minister position was "largely a ceremonial role" which existed to "fill in for when I'm incapacitated or away or not in the House".

Sounds like Seymor or Peters will get it if he is trying to downgrade it.

iceman
21-11-2023, 06:14 PM

Funny how this role has become the focus of the media. I thought the 2 Leaders would be more interested in getting Ministries where they can make a serious difference !

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 Deputy PMs or split the term and do 18 months each

dobby41
21-11-2023, 06:36 PM
Funny how this role has become the focus of the media. I thought the 2 Leaders would be more interested in getting Ministries where they can make a serious difference !

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 Deputy PMs or split the term and do 18 months each

You would think so wouldn't you?
Though - Deputy PM isn't ceremonial.

People have also made a bit of noise about Seymour saying (a while back) that he would rather have policy wins than the 'baubles of office' - nothing to say he can't have both!
It will be interesting to see if the role of Treasurer makes a comeback.

It is probably quite important that all 3 parties are represented in the finance role - associate ministers for NZ1st and ACT - gives them more say than just being in Cabinet.

I do hope that they nail and ratify all this soon so that we can get going again.

nztx
21-11-2023, 08:47 PM

The KFC in Prisons fella from the last failed reign already did that mate ;)

Blue Skies
22-11-2023, 12:24 AM
Rumours flying Seymour playing hard ball over referendum on the Treaty & will give it up in return for Deputy PM with the $334,734 salary.
We know he wants it & thinks its rightfully ACT's, being 2nd largest party in coalition.

Luxon knows he can't give him a referendum, but he could give him Deputy PM.

But does anybody think Winston who has been Deputy PM twice, a Minister of Foreign Affairs & a Treasurer & formed his own Party going to let upstart Seymour who has never even been a Minister in Govt, & said Winston should be in a Rest home getting help to put his slippers on amongst other insults, going to be happy being outranked by Seymour as Deputy PM ?

I reckon Luxon's ridiculous statement diminishing the Deputy PM's role (which is the 2nd highest position in the govt) as just being a 'ceremonial position' is because he knows either Peters or Seymour are going to feel humiliated & furious if they don't get it.

If Luxon goes for a split term option, who goes first because Winston might easily pull the pin on this coalition at some point, so you wouldn't want to be second.

Interesting few days ahead.

nztx
22-11-2023, 01:31 AM
Rumours flying Seymour playing hard ball over referendum on the Treaty & will give it up in return for Deputy PM with the $334,734 salary.
We know he wants it & thinks its rightfully ACT's, being 2nd largest party in coalition.

But does anybody think Winston who has been Deputy PM twice, a Minister of Foreign Affairs & a Treasurer & formed his own Party going to let upstart Seymour who has never even been a Minister in Govt, & said Winston should be in a Rest home getting help to put his slippers on amongst other insults, going to be happy being outranked by Seymour as Deputy PM ?

I reckon Luxon's ridiculous statement diminishing the Deputy PM's role (which is the 2nd highest position in the govt) as just being a 'ceremonial position' is because he knows either Peters or Seymour are going to feel humiliated & furious if they don't get it.

If Luxon goes for a split term option, who goes first because Winston might easily pull the pin on this coalition at some point, so you wouldn't want to be second.

Good godfathers - was that how much someone was raking in out the coffers for pulling a few pretty faces
and stumbling along over all things prisons hoping no-one would notice during the failed era of Ardern & Chipkins ? ;)

The salary probably warrants doubling now and would still represent good value for the taxpayer bucks :)

Old Chinese proverb say: smarter monkey deserve more peanuts .

iceman
22-11-2023, 07:51 AM

You're spreading lots of rumours BS. Just hold your horses. All we be revealed soon enough :-)

Balance
22-11-2023, 09:07 AM
I do hope that they nail and ratify all this soon so that we can get going again.

Very pleased you have seen the light!

After 6 years of going backwards with Ardern, Hipkins, the Maori cabal & Labour, it is time for NZ to get going again indeed! :t_up:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/52aca146e4b06d986ca82df3/1659559737654-WPWU2D3B6I76D1Z7RUIG/Labour.jpg?format=500w

Daytr
22-11-2023, 09:19 AM
You're spreading lots of rumours BS. Just hold your horses. All we be revealed soon enough :-)

Iceman, I wouldn't be surprised if Blueskies is quite right.
Seymour despite him saying he's not interested in the baubles of office is likely to be appointed DPM.

Seymour is no dummy & I wouldn't be surprised if he has used his divisive treaty referendum as a negotiating tool. I.e he knows it would never get through negotiations and has no intention of following through on it but using it as a bargaining chip.

Time will tell.

blackcap
22-11-2023, 01:57 PM
Just been watching a bit of Javier Milei the new Argentinian President. Wish we had someone like him here in NZ....

His interview starts at about 1:13 min in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLvWin8mL2k

Panda-NZ-
22-11-2023, 03:26 PM
We're already libertarian, as much as a developed country can be.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/libertarian-countries

Argentina is a great place to invest currently though, privitisations and neoliberalism = a feeding frenzy for us foreign investors. ;)

Blue Skies
22-11-2023, 04:23 PM
You would think Luxon would negotiate away major policy sticking points in return for the prized Deputy PM role.
If Seymour gains the Deputy PM, he would have to surrender the Treaty Referendum, and if Winston gains the Deputy PM role he would have to surrender the Foreign buyers ban. Which leader & party wants it more?

If it goes to Winston, National & NZF will be perceived as the senior partners in the coalition, and if it goes to Seymour - National & ACT will be seen as the senior partners.

In Luxon's absence the Deputy PM represents all 3 parties in the coalition i.e. you could have Winston representing ACT, or Seymour representing NZF, neither will like that.
And now that its out they both want it, they def won't want to be seen as 'a loser' !

However, since Luxon's already announced all the parties policies have been agreed & signed off, presumably he can't use that as leverage.

Unless he already did a deal with Seymour privately, always a possibility & now having problems getting Winston to agree to Seymour being Deputy PM. ( pure conjecture on my part)

nztx
22-11-2023, 07:22 PM
You would think Luxon would negotiate away major policy sticking points in return for the prized Deputy PM role.
If Seymour gains the Deputy PM, he would have to surrender the Treaty Referendum, and if Winston gains the Deputy PM role he would have to surrender the Foreign buyers ban. Which leader & party wants it more?

If it goes to Winston, National & NZF will be perceived as the senior partners in the coalition, and if it goes to Seymour - National & ACT will be seen as the senior partners.

In Luxon's absence the Deputy PM represents all 3 parties in the coalition i.e. you could have Winston representing ACT, or Seymour representing NZF, neither will like that.
And now that its out they both want it, they def won't want to be seen as 'a loser' !

However, since Luxon's already announced all the parties policies have been agreed & signed off, presumably he can't use that as leverage.

Unless he already did a deal with Seymour privately, always a possibility & now having problems getting Winston to agree to Seymour being Deputy PM. ( pure conjecture on my part)

cant have that .. wonder if Kelvin's interested in another term of sleepwalking & spinning BS over nothing to fill the gap and to keep someone here happy ? ;)

nztx
22-11-2023, 07:25 PM

Argentina is a great place to invest currently though, privitisations and neoliberalism = a feeding frenzy for us foreign investors. ;)

is it ? .. why aren't you gone there yesterday then, or still waiting for an entry pass & certificate of usefulness as a new peasant import ? ;)

the Argy peso has a strange habit of becoming worthless in next to no time needing extra zeros added frequently
and your old mate - inflation has a habit of moving faster there than Ardern's run away from the Lost cause she
abandoned here in double quick time :)

Blue Skies
23-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Haha, there's poll going on social media, which would you prefer for Deputy PM ?

A) Winston
B) Seymour
C) A drunk goat

Sorry to say the drunk goat is miles ahead in the poll !

This morning Peter Dunne says Seymour has a stronger argument for the role based on more MP's
while former National PM Jim Bolger says Winston has the stronger argument based on experience while Seymour's still learning on the job.

nztx
23-11-2023, 05:46 PM
Haha, there's poll going on social media, which would you prefer for Deputy PM ?

A) Winston
B) Seymour
C) A drunk goat

Sorry to say the drunk goat is miles ahead in the poll !

This morning Peter Dunne says Seymour has a stronger argument for the role based on more MP's
while former National PM Jim Bolger says Winston has the stronger argument based on experience while Seymour's still learning on the job.

can't be much happening elsewhere .. must all still be licking their wounds & hovering up the crumbs like punch struck drunks having just endured a worst nightmare :)

nztx
23-11-2023, 05:48 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/national-nz-first-act-party-coalition-talks-negotiations-concluded-official-sign-off-tomorrow/ZXSDCHVE25ACVBMBHXG2UBY654/

National, NZ First, Act Party coalition talks: Negotiations concluded, official sign-off tomorrow

Logen Ninefingers
23-11-2023, 06:06 PM
The sad loser Lefty's are still carrying on like muppets. A drunk goat? Sounds like a number of former Labour ministers. Imagine being in Labour or the Greens and never getting a thing done to improve any aspect of life in New Zealand. 6 years of total failure and they still think they have all the answers!

Daytr
23-11-2023, 08:55 PM
The sad loser Lefty's are still carrying on like muppets. A drunk goat? Sounds like a number of former Labour ministers. Imagine being in Labour or the Greens and never getting a thing done to improve any aspect of life in New Zealand. 6 years of total failure and they still think they have all the answers!

Well that's a nothing post.
Pleased you got it off your chest?

Bill Smith
23-11-2023, 09:49 PM
Well that's a nothing post.
Pleased you got it off your chest?

Incase you haven't noticed, your post has less substance than 9fingers.

davflaws
24-11-2023, 12:10 AM
If NZF is the handbrake on the Nat/ACT clown car - is Winston the knob on the end?

iceman
24-11-2023, 01:40 AM

Argentina is NOT a great place to invest. Ive had business involvement there for 16 years and believe you me, its difficult.
When I started there in 2007, USD1 = 3 pesos. Today it is somewhere around 1000 pesos.
Current inflation is somewhere around 130% but noone really knows.

The number if people in poverty is rising exponentially. Very sad.

You literally get nothing done, without paying bribes. A sad fact of life.

Argentina has now voted a bit of a crazy bugger as President. But it is a direct result of the last couple of nearly uninterrupted decades of left wing militant and totally corrupt Government. Sadly I think they will vote for them again in 4 or 8 years time and the economy never gets fixed.

nztx
24-11-2023, 02:22 AM
If NZF is the handbrake on the Nat/ACT clown car - is Winston the knob on the end?

Sure the knobs didn't get sent packing some weeks back ? ;)

nztx
24-11-2023, 02:25 AM
Argentina is NOT a great place to invest. Ive had business involvement there for 16 years and believe you me, its difficult.
When I started there in 2007, USD1 = 3 pesos. Today it is somewhere around 1000 pesos.
Current inflation is somewhere around 130% but noone really knows.

The number if people in poverty is rising exponentially. Very sad.

You literally get nothing done, without paying bribes. A sad fact of life.

Argentina has now voted a bit of a crazy bugger as President. But it is a direct result of the last couple of nearly uninterrupted decades of left wing militant and totally corrupt Government. Sadly I think they will vote for them again in 4 or 8 years time and the economy never gets fixed.

Sounds about on the money .. Chile isn't much better next door either

The long lingering Argentine wishlist of the Falklands still lingers on some 40 or so years
later too, after delivery of a robust warning from Britain and then further reminders

Who knows but for 1982, Argentina may have seen completely different economic fortunes.

Off topic we are, but Argentina's economic fortunes seem to follow some of same lines
of economic stupidity as Labour's here over a mere 6 years .. perhaps a few borrowed
pages by Robbo & the RB along the way on how to send things down the longdrop in
record quick time, forget thought of tomorrow - the mess landing in someone elses lap :)

Balance
24-11-2023, 08:36 AM
A new government from next week and it’s excellent that the three parties have taken their time to negotiate a workable coalition which will last for the next 9 years at least.

The monumental messes left behind by the completely clueless but arrogant & divisive Ardern, Hipkins and the Labour government are going to take years to sort out.

Here’s the latest on just how addicted to WASTEFUL spending Labour was :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/te-whatu-ora-promised-a-crackdown-on-consultants-has-it-happened/MVMSAYXUKNHC7AL3ANKJUIXCDU/
Paywalled

“Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand spent more than $100 million on consultants in the past year despite a commitment to crack down on external staff.”

“Of that total, $70m went to the “big four” firms. Deloitte were by far the biggest beneficiaries, paid $43.6m by Te Whatu Ora in the past year alone, up from $34m the previous year and $19m the year before.”

westerly
24-11-2023, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Balance;1030629]A new government from next week and it’s excellent that the three parties have taken their time to negotiate a workable coalition which will last for the next 9 years at least. Quote

Dreams are free. How workable remains to be seen.

westerly

Balance
24-11-2023, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=Balance;1030629]A new government from next week and it’s excellent that the three parties have taken their time to negotiate a workable coalition which will last for the next 9 years at least. Quote

Dreams are free. How workable remains to be seen.

westerly

Thanks for reminding us for as we all know :

Ardern’s dreams were not only just cloud cuckoo land dreams but they were horrendously expensive - NZers had to pay dearly and will be paying for generations to come.

Ardern reaped the benefit while NZers pay. Clever huh?

Be kind!

One source of truth!

Most transparent government ever!

100,000 Kiwibuild homes!

Criminals are victims of crime too!

westerly
24-11-2023, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=westerly;1030644]

Thanks for reminding us for as we all know :

Ardern’s dreams were not only just cloud cuckoo land dreams but they were horrendously expensive - NZers had to pay dearly and will be paying for generations to come.

Ardern reaped the benefit while NZers pay. Clever huh?

Be kind!

One source of truth!

Most transparent government ever!

100,000 Kiwibuild homes!

Criminals are victims of crime too!

What has that rubbish got to do with National ? Parrot

westerly

Blue Skies
24-11-2023, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=Balance;1030629]A new government from next week and it’s excellent that the three parties have taken their time to negotiate a workable coalition which will last for the next 9 years at least.

' a workable coalition that will last 9 years at least', blimey that's a big call!
How realistic is that?

I wouldn't count out a 'rapid unscheduled dis-assembly' even before the end of the first term.
Hard for minor coalition partners to even get a second term & Luxon's really struggled to even put a coalition together when there wasn't even any competition (from the centre-left) .
This does not look anything like a happy coalition.

Luxon seems to be, 'all hat & no cattle' as they say in Texas.
i.e. all talk & bluster but no substance to back it up.

As the next election looms, NZF & ACT are going to need to differentiate themselves from each other & National, then watch the sparks fly.
Or when one of the coalition partners poll numbers start dropping.

Balance
24-11-2023, 10:14 AM
What has that rubbish got to do with National ? Parrot

westerly

The lies, spin and garbage left behind for the new government to clean up.

Starts next week with taking out the trash of Hipkins, Robertson, Jackson, Davis, Wioods, Tinetti etc - smelly and dirty trash.

https://thumb.ac-illust.com/1b/1b87a65a0d2e429384fe6318bbe0fdea_t.jpeg

"Be kind! One source of truth! Most transparent government ever! 100,000 Kiwibuild homes! Criminals are victims of crime too!

Balance
24-11-2023, 10:16 AM
i.e. all talk & bluster but no substance to back it up.

Thanks for reminding us of what Ardern, Hipkins and Labour were about in the last 6 years.

Te WTF Ora, anyone?

Blue Skies
24-11-2023, 10:33 AM
Gee, ACT & NZF are bringing in some real cookers a few down the list, imagine these people in government in Cabinet, Ministers even.

The expression a 'Coalition of Chaos' is going to come back to bite them.
They could do some huge damage to the country if they don't self destruct first.

Balance
24-11-2023, 10:34 AM
Gee, ACT & NZF are bringing in some real cookers a few down the list, imagine these people in government in Cabinet, Ministers even.

The expression a 'Coalition of Chaos' is going to come back to bite them.
They could do some huge damage to the country if they don't self destruct first.

Thanks for reminding us of the huge damage done to NZ by Ardern, Hipkins, Robertson & the Labour government in the last 6 years :

https://i2.wp.com/thebfd.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/BoomSlang-Jacinda-business-The_BFD-washing-scaled.jpg?resize=630,490&ssl=1

nztx
24-11-2023, 02:43 PM
The lies, spin and garbage left behind for the new government to clean up.

Starts next week with taking out the trash of Hipkins, Robertson, Jackson, Davis, Wioods, Tinetti etc - smelly and dirty trash.

https://thumb.ac-illust.com/1b/1b87a65a0d2e429384fe6318bbe0fdea_t.jpeg

"Be kind! One source of truth! Most transparent government ever! 100,000 Kiwibuild homes! Criminals are victims of crime too!

could take some time to flush out the river of filth that Labour have admitted to harbouring ;)

nztx
25-11-2023, 05:55 PM

Here's some bed time reading on Argentina, seeing as you think it's the in place:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-25/who-is-javier-milei-argentina-s-new-president/103141274

Javier Milei wants to gut spending and ditch the peso, but will it save Argentina's economy?

There are a few factors fuelling Argentina's discontent. The country's cost of living has skyrocketed to 30-year highs, fuelled by a long-running economic crisis and a global spike in inflation since the end of the pandemic.

Argentina routinely spends more than it collects in taxes, according to economists, and owes $US44 billion ($69.67 billion) to the International Monetary Fund.

Roughly four in 10 Argentinians are living in poverty and there are fears the economy may soon tip into recession as a result of a severe drought.

Looks a darn sight worse than what Labour here have orchestrated or managed any sort of fix on ;)

Your new Panda suite over there might be a beaten up windowless cupboard in a South American jungle ghetto, where everyone is on the bones of their azzz and anyone calling wants to feed you to the piranhas so they can take it over as their own cave ;)

nztx
26-11-2023, 01:27 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/port-waikato-byelection-voting-starts-tomorrow-to-fill-vacant-seat-nine-candidates-running/XSXQ2WQQNBCYJCIZOL2K3RPOZY/

Port Waikato byelection: National’s Andrew Bayly wins by landslide

National’s Andrew Bayly has won the Port Waikato byelection by a landslide.

The run-off comes more than a month on from the General Election. It was required after the death of Act Party candidate Neil Christensen in the lead-up to when the rest of the country’s voters had their say on electorate MPs in October.