PDA

View Full Version : Wheres Winston?

Pages : [1] 2

minimoke
21-09-2017, 12:38 PM
We've all been a bit quiet on NZ First. Which begs the question - where has Winston been this time around. Missing in action I fear.

He holds a traditional National seat and I think National voters will see the threat from labour and fully back their candidate rather than Winston who only came in after a protest by-election vote. So I reckon he'll lose Northland.

Given the Labour / National battle I think he'll also lose party support to those two parties. Also TOP, as an alternative vote may suck up a few more.

His NZ Super explanations lack credibility. And a good number of his core constituency will have passed away over the past 3 years.

Hes' pretty silent on any issue and even the traditional last week media drama is missing this time around. So I reckon there is also a good chance he won't get over the 5% mark. Shame - I quite like Ron Mark

fungus pudding
21-09-2017, 12:43 PM
We've all been a bit quiet on NZ First. Which begs the question - where has Winston been this time around. Missing in action I fear.

He holds a traditional National seat and I think National voters will see the threat from labour and fully back their candidate rather than Winston who only came in after a protest by-election vote. So I reckon he'll lose Northland.

Given the Labour / National battle I think he'll also lose party support to those two parties. Also TOP, as an alternative vote may suck up a few more.

His NZ Super explanations lack credibility. And a good number of his core constituency will have passed away over the past 3 years.

Hes' pretty silent on any issue and even the traditional last week media drama is missing this time around. So I reckon there is also a good chance he won't get over the 5% mark. Shame - I quite like Ron Mark

They'll get back. I can't see them below 5%. Pity. Same with The Kermit party.

iceman
21-09-2017, 12:50 PM
I agree MM. Winston has run a lacklustre campaign. The new Labour leader created enough excitement for many left leaning NZF voters to go back home to Labour. This has been showing up in the polls since she then. The right leaning voters that have and were thinking about voting NZF, are now getting seriously worried at the thought of a Labour-Green Government possibly aided by Winston, so are heading back to National. I think there is a real possibility that NZF will not make it into Parliament. What is more, I think the same can easily happen to The Greens. Now that would make for an interesting outcome !

fungus pudding
21-09-2017, 12:52 PM
I agree MM. Winston has run a lacklustre campaign. The new Labour leader created enough excitement for many left leaning NZF voters to go back home to Labour. This has been showing up in the polls since she then. The right leaning voters that have and were thinking about voting NZF, are now getting seriously worried at the thought of a Labour-Green Government possibly aided by Winston, so are heading back to National. I think there is a real possibility that NZF will not make it into Parliament. What is more, I think the same can easily happen to The Greens. Now that would make for an interesting outcome !

Yes, it would. But if Kermits make it and Winston First doesn't - that's a Labour govt. Shudder .................!

iceman
21-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Yes, it would. But if Kermits make it and Winston First doesn't - that's a Labour govt. Shudder .................!

Not necessarily. Could also mean National being able to Govern on their own. The only minor parties that I'd say are sure to get in are ACT with 1-2 and Maori party 1-3.

minimoke
21-09-2017, 12:59 PM
They'll get back. I can't see them below 5%. Pity. Same with The Kermit party.
I cant see the Greens supporting their 8% poll. It would be impossible for Labour to get enough Party vote to account for 8% - and I think Labour is still polling pretty strongly. Labour is going to do a pretty good job of wealth re-distribution under the guise of "environment" so that will suck up a few Green votes and Labour plans to deal to employers so that also will appeal to Greens who are a little work shy. So I reckon Greens will be scraping the bottom of their constituency barrel and may struggle to get over 5%

I reckon Winston has lost the plot - I bet he doesnt even know how many bottom lines he has himself.

winner69
21-09-2017, 01:10 PM
I reckon Winston has lost the plot - I bet he doesnt even know how many bottom lines he has himself.

symptons of a medical condition that is

iceman
21-09-2017, 01:24 PM
And this is exactly why I think The Greens are at a risk of not making it into Parliament http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/97083457/why-cant-the-greens-be-more-green

Rep
21-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Essentially Winston is campaigning hard in Northland. 10 weeks ago you wouldn’t have put NZF and the Greens in danger of not making the 5% threshold but things have changed. If Winston does win in Northland against a reasonably solid National Candidate this time then it won’t be the last drink for him as he won’t have to worry about the threshold. If they end up at effectively 4.99% and without that Nortland seat then he and the party are gone and for Peters that’s likely to be it.

The Greens aren’t even close to winning an electorate so they don’t have the luxury of that buffer whereas if Peters does win he will also bring 6 to 7 MPs with him depending on total party vote which might be crucial come Sunday morning.

iceman
22-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Essentially Winston is campaigning hard in Northland. 10 weeks ago you wouldn’t have put NZF and the Greens in danger of not making the 5% threshold but things have changed. If Winston does win in Northland against a reasonably solid National Candidate this time then it won’t be the last drink for him as he won’t have to worry about the threshold. If they end up at effectively 4.99% and without that Nortland seat then he and the party are gone and for Peters that’s likely to be it.

The Greens aren’t even close to winning an electorate so they don’t have the luxury of that buffer whereas if Peters does win he will also bring 6 to 7 MPs with him depending on total party vote which might be crucial come Sunday morning.

I think the fact that Winston drove up to Northland yesterday to devote the last 36 hours of campaigning there is him admitting NZF is at a real risk of not making the 5%. Here's hoping !!

fungus pudding
22-09-2017, 07:43 AM
I think the fact that Winston drove up to Northland yesterday to devote the last 36 hours of campaigning there is him admitting NZF is at a real risk of not making the 5%. Here's hoping !!

That would leave National without a coaltion partner. No thanks. I'd rather see National with silly old Winston than Labour - greens.

iceman
22-09-2017, 07:47 AM
That would leave National without a coaltion partner. No thanks. I'd rather see National with silly old Winston than Labour - greens.

Possibly FP. But should National get 54-56 seats themselves and neither Green or NZF make 5%, National could Govern on their own. A distant possibility but one that I rather desire !

minimoke
22-09-2017, 07:58 AM
There must be an on-line calculator thing somewhere that shows where seats go if parties votes gets wasted by not hitting 5% or getting a MP.

fungus pudding
22-09-2017, 08:02 AM
There must be an on-line calculator thing somewhere that shows where seats go if parties votes gets wasted by not hitting 5% or getting a MP.

The votes go into the rubbish bin and aare totally discarded, and that gives a new total of votes cast - which is then allocated according to the % of counted votes.

iceman
22-09-2017, 08:03 AM

They become invalid so in theory they are proportionally split to those that make it to Parliament

Brovendell
22-09-2017, 01:00 PM
A lot of the people that I associate with are going to vote for Winston and tick blue. Northland electorate has been shockingly served by National over decades. The people up here like Winston because he cares more for Northland than any other recent MP. The National candidate,Matt King, is warmly regarded and people think he will get his chance next election.

winner69
22-09-2017, 01:14 PM

if you relly keen

http://www.elections.org.nz/voting-system/mmp-voting-system/mmp-seat-allocation-calculator

fungus pudding
22-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Possibly FP. But should National get 54-56 seats themselves and neither Green or NZF make 5%, National could Govern on their own. A distant possibility but one that I rather desire !

I agree that it's desirable, but there is no chance of The Kermits falling below 5%.
I can see National votes equal to the Taxcinda/Kermit total.

minimoke
22-09-2017, 02:20 PM
I agree that it's desirable, but there is no chance of The Kermits falling below 5%.
I suppose the people with no values have to go somewhere.

craic
13-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Isn't it about time this guy shut up about the media and all and sundry? His major conspiracy theory is full on but his court case doesn't appear to name defendants and the judge is getting irritated and his lawyer claims that he has been very busy lately etc. I would like to know how an intelligent Lawyer couldn't work out his pension entitlement.

winner69
13-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Isn't it about time this guy shut up about the media and all and sundry? His major conspiracy theory is full on but his court case doesn't appear to name defendants and the judge is getting irritated and his lawyer claims that he has been very busy lately etc. I would like to know how an intelligent Lawyer couldn't work out his pension entitlement.

I think Winston leaked the story about his pension himself

minimoke
13-11-2017, 11:45 AM
. I would like to know how an intelligent Lawyer couldn't work out his pension entitlement.
This is all a nice distraction from this key point. It is inconceivable that in 2010 Peters did not know what superannuation he was signing up for. After all tens of thousands of ordinary New Zealanders do this every year.

And its inconceivable, that as an advocate for the "aged" constituency that Peters would not question the amount flowing into his bank account for his superannuation.

That's even aside for the moral question of him double dipping the tax payer with his parliamentary pay which includes sizeable contributions to the politicians superannuation scheme.

I guess we could feel sorry for him. He only owns 3 houses, got a directorship in Orewa Ltd and gets benefits from the Rawhiti Land Trust. He must be doing it hard.

And if we are to give him the benefit of the doubt how could we possibly have faith in him as deputy prime minister if he cant even comprehend a basic government form or reconcile his bank account.

fungus pudding
13-11-2017, 02:04 PM
This is all a nice distraction from this key point. It is inconceivable that in 2010 Peters did not know what superannuation he was signing up for. After all tens of thousands of ordinary New Zealanders do this every year.

And its inconceivable, that as an advocate for the "aged" constituency that Peters would not question the amount flowing into his bank account for his superannuation.

That's even aside for the moral question of him double dipping the tax payer with his parliamentary pay which includes sizeable contributions to the politicians superannuation scheme.

I guess we could feel sorry for him. He only owns 3 houses, got a directorship in Orewa Ltd and gets benefits from the Rawhiti Land Trust. He must be doing it hard.

And if we are to give him the benefit of the doubt how could we possibly have faith in him as deputy prime minister if he cant even comprehend a basic government form or reconcile his bank account.

How true, and how many others have got off scot free for making numerous false declarations simply because they paid it back when asked? Probably none.

iceman
15-11-2017, 10:26 AM
WP off to North Korea on a small errand for Trump. Good luck to him. Hopefully he will be required over there for a year or two http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11944145

winner69
15-11-2017, 10:50 AM
WP off to North Korea on a small errand for Trump. Good luck to him. Hopefully he will be required over there for a year or two http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11944145

Hope he succeeds in his little mission

Sir Winston and Nobel Peace Price and Time Magazine Person of the Year all have a nice ring to them eh

westerly
15-11-2017, 10:54 AM

He was overpaid along with 50000 or so others. AS for double dipping there is nothing morally wrong with that it is legal. Much the same as minimising your tax by any legal means possible Something you would agree with. National took no steps to increase tax or to alter the situation.
As for assets have a look at the list of MPs assets they have disclosed. Winston is a pauper compared with some. It is interesting how many trusts
some have disclosed.

westerly

minimoke
15-11-2017, 11:22 AM
He was overpaid along with 50000 or so others. And that makes it right does it? Still worries me he cant even rconcile his own personal bank statements.

AS for double dipping there is nothing morally wrong with that it is legal. Much the same as minimising your tax by any legal means possible Something you would agree with. National took no steps to increase tax or to alter the situation. No its not the same at all. On one hand I try to minimise tax as its my money to start with so I figure I should do all I can to keep as much as possible. In winston's case it is also part of my money to start with and he figures he can take me for as much as he can

As for assets have a look at the list of MPs assets they have disclosed. Winston is a pauper compared with some. It is interesting how many trusts
some have disclosed.

westerlyI know. The hypocrisy of Metria Turie owning a castle while justifying her lies to obtain additional benefits by fraud was lost on many - including those in the Green Party.

Zaphod
15-11-2017, 11:47 AM
I know. The hypocrisy of Metria Turie owning a castle while justifying her lies to obtain additional benefits by fraud was lost on many - including those in the Green Party.

She boarded an AKL-NPL flight we me a few weeks ago and literally only looked at the floor during both the boarding and for the duration of the flight itself. I think she must know she is not popular.

westerly
15-11-2017, 12:47 PM
And that makes it right does it? Still worries me he cant even rconcile his own personal bank statements.

No its not the same at all. On one hand I try to minimise tax as its my money to start with so I figure I should do all I can to keep as much as possible. In winston's case it is also part of my money to start with and he figures he can take me for as much as he can
I know. The hypocrisy of Metria Turie owning a castle while justifying her lies to obtain additional benefits by fraud was lost on many - including those in the Green Party.

Jeez, how much of it is your money? You must pay a large amount of tax.

Her "castle" was bought for $137000 http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11195535

More untruths?

westerly

minimoke
15-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Her "castle" was bought for $137000 http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11195535

More untruths?

westerly
Never any untruths from me - but perhaps some from Met Tu. She has form after all.

In the register of assets she has declared she owns :"Castle (jointly owned), Dunedin"

fungus pudding
15-11-2017, 03:48 PM

More untruths?

westerly

What is not true?

fungus pudding
15-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Winston looks like he's either ready to fall asleep on the spot, or fall off the perch altogether. Is Jacinda out-doing him in the whisky drinking?

westerly
16-11-2017, 03:38 PM
What is not true?

Depends how you define "castle". Dictionary definition; "a large fortified residential building" or the more common expression " my home is my castle"

westerly

minimoke
16-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Depends how you define "castle". Dictionary definition; "a large fortified residential building" or the more common expression " my home is my castle"

westerlyNo it doesn't. Its how Met Tu described her asset. Maybe she was attempting to mislead?

fungus pudding
16-11-2017, 03:54 PM

westerly
Which bit is not true ? Nothing to do with any definitions.

craic
24-11-2017, 10:33 AM
A caller to talkback, in the early hours of the morning, made a very clear claim that we would hear very 'soon" that Winston Peters is sick. For whatever reason, she appeared certain of her facts but would not elaborate. While I wish ill to no man, I wonder at the implications of this, should it be true. Imagine the effect on NZ First? A bit like a legless spider.

fungus pudding
24-11-2017, 10:48 AM
A caller to talkback, in the early hours of the morning, made a very clear claim that we would hear very 'soon" that Winston Peters is sick. For whatever reason, she appeared certain of her facts but would not elaborate. While I wish ill to no man, I wonder at the implications of this, should it be true. Imagine the effect on NZ First? A bit like a legless spider.

Have you had a look at him lately ? He looks like death warmed up and the last time I heard him speak he was struggling to breathe. That was his announcement of who he was appointing to lead the coalition. Will he last till the end of this term? I wouldn't put money on it.

winner69
24-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Have you had a look at him lately ? He looks like death warmed up and the last time I heard him speak he was struggling to breathe. That was his announcement of who he was appointing to lead the coalition. Will he last till the end of this term? I wouldn't put money on it.

Recall there was that story re his health pre election that was not published in mysterious circumstances

minimoke
24-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Winston? Id forgotten all about him.

RGR367
24-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Winston? Id forgotten all about him.

Please don't. We still need him to lead the mine's re-entry.

craic
24-11-2017, 12:50 PM
If he can't breathe properly now, he won't be going down the mine. I know what it feels like. I ran out of puff on a liner in Bali in September and as I write this, I have just filled my chainsaw to go and fell the biggest tree for next winters wood. Seems like the medication is working. Atrial fibrillation its called but knackered is far more descriptive.

Jonboyz
25-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Winston is taking some time out ashamed at himself for making the single most worst decision in NZ Political history.

Zaphod
25-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Winston is taking some time out ashamed at himself for making the single most worst decision in NZ Political history.

Perhaps you need to be more positive: It's his last term in government. There you go, merry Christmas!

craic
27-11-2017, 08:26 AM
And still not a word from the man himself. It must be close to a record for him - how many days now?

macduffy
27-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Sshh, craic. Life's so much more pleasant now.

Getty
15-10-2022, 12:15 PM
Winston is back, with NZ First on the comeback trial, reports todays NZ Herald.

Labours out he says...

nztx
15-10-2022, 02:32 PM

Labours out he says...

and he wont be in either ;)

long memories of .. wont be forgotten by those who havent kicked the bucket since last time :)

Winston: why not take Shane on yet another long holiday a very long way away and forget to come back ? ;)

Getty
15-10-2022, 03:40 PM
Dont be surprised to see NZF make +5% due to the Labour fallout.

Then Win and Shane may take in a movie together.

Getty
15-10-2022, 03:53 PM
In years to come, the saying may not be;
"he rose like a Phoenix from the ashes", but rather
"he rose like a Winston from the Cinders"!

nztx
15-10-2022, 06:21 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/nz-first-conference-shane-jones-rejects-bias-after-donation-precedes-9m-pgf-funding-announcement/HHK4KDQD2FO7MGM6S674GC6YEU/

NZ First conference: Shane Jones rejects bias after donation precedes $9m PGF funding announcement

Nice movies on the taxpayer on the score card and now into Diapers ? ;)

Can Jones get any ****tier than this ? ;)

Stick the diapers over your head - Shane -- they will help hide what might be missing between the ears
and keep the things on the side of your head warm ;)

How are all the promised Northland bridges going ? ;)

Perhaps you could also encourage Winnie to dig out all the photos and footage taken
of his much promised trip down to the bottom of the Pikers River Mine, while you're at it :)

Blue Skies
15-10-2022, 07:17 PM
With Winston looking like making a come back promoting NZF policy to remove all references to The Treaty from our laws, and ACT pushing a bottom line of a referendum on The Treaty, they are both going hard after the same anti co-governance vote. (And same rural Groundswell vote)
Next polls will be fascinating.
Could prove a headache for National as ACT loses a chunk of voters to NZF leaving National ACT coalition short & needing 2 coalition partners instead of 1.
National won't want to negotiate with Winston. And he would walk all over inexperienced Luxon if they were in coalition together.
Alternatively might be helpful to National if it takes some of the negotiation leverage away from ACT.

Risk on it allows Labour & Greens to come through the middle.

Panda-NZ-
16-10-2022, 02:19 AM
He's competitive with Luxon on facebook likes for his posts despite being a party orientated towards elderly voters.

Easily sweeps aside the millionaire funded Act.

iceman
16-10-2022, 03:57 AM
With Winston looking like making a come back promoting NZF policy to remove all references to The Treaty from our laws, and ACT pushing a bottom line of a referendum on The Treaty, they are both going hard after the same anti co-governance vote. (And same rural Groundswell vote)
Next polls will be fascinating.
Could prove a headache for National as ACT loses a chunk of voters to NZF leaving National ACT coalition short & needing 2 coalition partners instead of 1.
National won't want to negotiate with Winston. And he would walk all over inexperienced Luxon if they were in coalition together.
Alternatively might be helpful to National if it takes some of the negotiation leverage away from ACT.

Risk on it allows Labour & Greens to come through the middle.

I think you are wrong to a significant degree that ACT and Winnie are going after the same vote. The most recent Roy Morgan poll shows 18.5% of men aged 18-49 and 12.5% of women in that age group, intending to vote ACT.
I doubt many of them would vote for Winston First.
I really think and hope voters have had enough of Winston's grandstanding, populism and deceitful behaviour for the sole purpose of feathering his own nest.

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/the-potential-national-act-nz-48-5-coalition-has-stretched-its-lead-over-labour-greens-42-to-the-largest-since-may-2022

fungus pudding
16-10-2022, 07:40 AM
I think you are wrong to a significant degree that ACT and Winnie are going after the same vote. The most recent Roy Morgan poll shows 18.5% of men aged 18-49 and 12.5% of women in that age group, intending to vote ACT.
I doubt many of them would vote for Winston First.
I really think and hope voters have had enough of Winston's grandstanding, populism and deceitful behaviour for the sole purpose of feathering his own nest.

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/the-potential-national-act-nz-48-5-coalition-has-stretched-its-lead-over-labour-greens-42-to-the-largest-since-may-2022

Didn't some poll have Winston First at 4.5% quite recently? Hard to believe, but he's not called Lazarus for nothing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dca8SSxXCmM

Getty
16-10-2022, 08:37 AM
Winston is one of very few who can publicly articulate an antidote to Labour's race based divisive policies, and their effect on NZ.

That will make him more relevant to voters and give NZ First a new lease of life.

whatsup
16-10-2022, 11:28 AM

Labours out he says...

IMHO would you believe ANYTHING the ma$$ot says?

whatsup
16-10-2022, 11:30 AM
He's competitive with Luxon on facebook likes for his posts despite being a party orientated towards elderly voters.

Easily sweeps aside the millionaire funded Act.

Better that the lacky union funding for the labours party !!

whatsup
16-10-2022, 11:31 AM
Winston is one of very few who can publicly articulate an antidote to Labour's race based divisive policies, and their effect on NZ.

That will make him more relevant to voters and give NZ First a new lease of life.

As he talks to himself in the mirror each morning while shaving !

Getty
16-10-2022, 11:37 AM
It's not about what just a few of us posters here think, but more how he/NZF resonate with voters during the election campaign.

I'm picking there will be many dispossessed past Labour voters who won't vote Blue so NZF could be their option.

Getty
16-10-2022, 12:02 PM
It's not about what just a few of us posters here think, but more how he/NZF resonate with voters during the election campaign.

I'm picking there will be many dispossessed past Labour voters who won't vote Blue so NZF could be their option.

Which leads on to say Lux would be silly to rule out working with NZF post election.

whatsup
18-10-2022, 04:10 PM
IMHO I see the ma&&ot is talking up his prospects telling all that the country needs me !

Panda-NZ-
18-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Which leads on to say Lux would be silly to rule out working with NZF post election.

No mass immigration or pointless austerity with NZF-Nat.

He might make national more electable if voters think he can temper all their bad stuff.

Blue Skies
30-11-2022, 06:20 PM
I see Winston's flirting with the anti-vax vote again, supporting the parents who want their baby's blood transfusions from donors who haven't had the Covid vaccination, and even throwing doubt on the safety of the vaccine!
Sad to see such an outrageous cynical grab for a few more votes.
Like Gollum & 'my precious,' the pull of the baubles of office are too much to resist.

Such foolishness.
Most people by now will have Covid anti-bodies in their blood, regardless if they've been vaccinated or not, either from vaccination or having had Covid, so there no difference.
Imagine if every patient going through our tax payer funded free Public Health system started making special demands.

Bill Smith
30-11-2022, 07:49 PM
16% already make special demands, which are being granted. In fact we have set up a special health service, just for them.

nztx
30-11-2022, 09:18 PM
As he talks to himself in the mirror each morning while shaving !

We're organising a couple of truckloads of mirrors for when he shows up here, so he can continue talking
to himself and not disturb anyone else in the process. The backs have all been painted "Nothing to See here" ;)

How's the order for Thunderstorms & Hail for the day going - Getty ? ;)

Getty
01-12-2022, 07:02 AM
Winnie is in Hastings on Sunday to address the masses on subjects such as co governance.

He brings a sunny day with him, so your mirrors will have a chance to reflect on their good fortune.

whatsup
01-12-2022, 09:07 AM
News flash, News flash,

" it was reported that Winnie talks to the mirror while shaving and the mirror does not believe him "!!

nztx
13-05-2023, 01:18 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/police-ten-7-cancelled-winston-peter-blasts-sociological-loonies-blames-decision-on-woke-cancel-culture/JNHEKJLW3FHFHEPHY3QIJH5OHU/

Police Ten 7 cancelled: Winston Peter blasts ‘sociological loonies’, blames decision on ‘woke cancel culture’

Pinstone Weeters forgets about an even worse bunch of loonies he enabled & licenced not so long ago ;)

nztx
18-05-2023, 02:40 PM
Where's Mr 10/7's Biggest Fan hiding ? ;)

Under Willy's desk ? :)

nztx
25-06-2023, 02:50 PM
News flash, News flash,

" it was reported that Winnie talks to the mirror while shaving and the mirror does not believe him "!!

Winston still busy talking to the mirror or has it fallen over and pinned him under it ? :)

Balance
30-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Here’s Winston - saving his energy for the last few months of the election campaign?

He must be pleased as they had to add extra seats at his campaign meeting in Dunedin!

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/%E2%80%98change-govt-critical%E2%80%99

fungus pudding
30-06-2023, 08:15 AM
Here’s Winston - saving his energy for the last few months of the election campaign?

He must be pleased as they had to add extra seats at his campaign meeting in Dunedin!

Politicians do not like a photo in the paper showing empty seats - so they generally put out just a few rows initially which gets the audience up the front, and as they fill up they add an extra row at the back- and keep adding a row at a time - so there's never an empty seat, and the opportunity to claim 'we had to add extra seats'.
I was at that meeting and watched how they set out extra rows as the seats filled - carefully avoiding putting out any more until they were needed.

Balance
30-06-2023, 11:11 AM
Politicians do not like a photo in the paper showing empty seats - so they generally put out just a few rows initially which gets the audience up the front, and as they fill up they add an extra row at the back- and keep adding a row at a time - so there's never an empty seat, and the opportunity to claim 'we had to add extra seats'.
I was at that meeting and watched how they set out extra rows as the seats filled - carefully avoiding putting out any more until they were needed.

Good point, fp.

davflaws
30-06-2023, 03:32 PM

Thank you. I didn't know that.

nztx
06-07-2023, 03:53 PM
Dont be shy now Winston .. do come out and play :)

There are plenty of hurting former Labour Supporters abandoned on Poverty Street for you to play ;)

Balance
06-07-2023, 04:01 PM
Dont be shy now Winston .. do come out and play :)

There are plenty of hurting former Labour Supporters abandoned on Poverty Street for you to play ;)

Anyone else notice Winston’s shaky hands these days? Seriously.

nztx
17-07-2023, 05:29 PM
https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/2/6/x/4/o/0/image.related.StuffThumbnailSixteenByNine.1600x900 .26x4o1.png/1689496688819.jpg?optimize=high&crop=16:9,smart&width=748&format=webp

Earth to Ground Control: Request second Blast Off Attempt .. the elderly Astronaut has returned without his rocket alleging malfunction & didn't manage to reach the 1st desired planet 500,000 light years away ;)

fungus pudding
17-07-2023, 05:51 PM
Anyone else notice Winston’s shaky hands these days? Seriously.

A glass of whisky will soon settle that down

nztx
22-07-2023, 03:13 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/election-2023-nz-firsts-winston-peters-on-biggest-threat-to-its-campaign/IJQSK2KGCFFCTGBZCER3VPE25I/

Election 2023: NZ First’s Winston Peters on biggest threat to its campaign

“Now a number of you, I know, in the audience have already said to me, ‘Oh Shane, why did you fullas bloody hook up with Labour in 2017, the reason we’ve got the dramas in 2023 is because you breathed life into a coalition agreement led by Jacinda Ardern’,” Jones quoted back to the 70-strong crowd.

Can you be trusted - Bro ? ;)

Did someone rock the chairs to wake up Winnie and Shane from their deep sleep for another one in every three years little wander around ?

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 03:23 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/election-2023-nz-firsts-winston-peters-on-biggest-threat-to-its-campaign/IJQSK2KGCFFCTGBZCER3VPE25I/

Did someone rock the chairs to wake up Winnie and Shane from their deep sleep for another one in every three years little wander around ?

Sounds like Jones knows full well the exact reason nobody should ever vote Winston First ever again. Him and Winnie threw New Zealand under the bus.

justakiwi
22-07-2023, 03:24 PM
Back to the drawing board for me. Winston and NZF just lost my vote. You send me an email espousing blatant transphobic views, and expect me to vote for you? Not happening buddy.

At this rate, there could very well be, a ****load of people who simply refuse to vote this time round. Our choices are dwindling by the day.

And before someone like Balance chips in with a smart arse reply - no, I am not transgender.

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 03:32 PM
Justakiwi was voting Winston First as the obvious pro-trans, pro-woke party…but the game is now up as they’ve ‘suddenly’ revealed themselves to be a conservative populist party that is actually ‘transphobic’.
The next shocker will be Peters ‘suddenly’ revealed as a smoking, drinking charismatic chameleon rather than the earnest vice-less teetotaller that JAK always took him to be.

whatsup
22-07-2023, 03:35 PM
Justakiwi was voting Winston First as the obvious pro-trans, pro-woke party…but the game is now up as they’ve ‘suddenly’ revealed themselves to be a conservative populist party that is actually ‘transphobic’.
The next shocker will be Peters ‘suddenly’ revealed as a smoking, drinking charismatic chameleon rather than the earnest vice-less teetotaller that JAK always took him to be.

Ma&&ot Ma&&ot Ma77ot

whatsup
22-07-2023, 03:35 PM

Ma$$ot Ma44ot !!!

whatsup
22-07-2023, 03:36 PM

Ma$$ot Ma$$ot Ma$$ot

whatsup
22-07-2023, 03:36 PM

Just a massive Ma$$ot IMO

whatsup
22-07-2023, 03:37 PM

Just a ma$$ot IMO

whatsup
22-07-2023, 03:37 PM
Sounds like Jones knows full well the exact reason nobody should ever vote Winston First ever again. Him and Winnie threw New Zealand under the bus.

Just another ma$&ot IMHO

nztx
22-07-2023, 03:54 PM
Can't be many faithful supporters left following Peters First now :)

Over recent years .. many will have departed for other pastures upstairs

Others will have been grossly switched off by the annointed partner - Labour's ongoing shambles & incompetence

Jones onboard wont have helped

The Peters First cause being mostly asleep only waking up for a few election meetings wont have helped things

Who would bother with the Peters First distraction now after what has happened ? ;)

When will the announcement come of the cause declaring itself extinct with a round of Drinkies to celebrate at
Tauranga RSA for those who can be bothered or even remember what it is all about ? :)

justakiwi
22-07-2023, 03:58 PM
Do not profess to know me, or my reasons for considering giving my vote to NZF. I believe no such thing, and never did. I based my (almost) decision to give them my vote, on some of their current policies. Not all of them, but some. I will not however, give my vote to any party that is trans or homophobic.

I will not be the only voter who makes that decision. I also won't be the only voter, who now feels there is literally no party they actually want to give their vote to. Let's hope something changes on the political campaign scene between now and October, because this is the first time in my life, since I was old enough to vote, that I have found myself in this position, and again, I can guarantee you, I am not the only one.

Voting is a responsibility, not a game. I am not willing to vote for a party I don't agree with, purely as an attempt to get another party I don't agree with, out of government. Clearly, you and others are more than happy to do that.

justakiwi
22-07-2023, 03:59 PM
Are you drunk or high right now?

Ma$$ot Ma44ot !!!

Ma$$ot Ma$$ot Ma$$ot

Just a massive Ma$$ot IMO

Just a ma$$ot IMO

Just another ma$&ot IMHO

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 04:21 PM
Do not profess to know me, or my reasons for considering giving my vote to NZF. I believe no such thing, and never did. I based my (almost) decision to give them my vote, on some of their current policies. Not all of them, but some. I will not however, give my vote to any party that is trans or homophobic.

I will not be the only voter who makes that decision. I also won't be the only voter, who now feels there is literally no party they actually want to give their vote to. Let's hope something changes on the political campaign scene between now and October, because this is the first time in my life, since I was old enough to vote, that I have found myself in this position, and again, I can guarantee you, I am not the only one.

Voting is a responsibility, not a game. I am not willing to vote for a party I don't agree with, purely as an attempt to get another party I don't agree with, out of government. Clearly, you and others are more than happy to do that.

I’m not happy with the choices in front of us either. The Left who buy votes, borrow and spend and deliver nothing, promote mass immigration and a property ponzi scheme vs The Right who will hand out tax cuts we can’t afford, promote mass immigration & a property ponzi scheme.
The gap between government revenues and spending grows every year and has done for about 15 years, as evidenced by our growing national debt.
I’ll probably vote for what I perceive to be a much lesser evil, and this government has been a disaster. Just useless.
I will also be watching closely for any announcements regarding foreign buyers of property, because living in a fools paradise built on a property bubble is not my idea of setting this country up for a great future for all.

The only good thing Peters has ever done is deliver the Super Gold Card for the elderly. Apart from that he is as useless as teets on a bull.

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 05:09 PM
Winnie reckons he could work with National, and even David Seymour. Winnie sticks his finger in the air, finds out which way the wind is blowing, then says whatever he needs to to get more votes.

fungus pudding
22-07-2023, 05:37 PM
Winnie reckons he could work with National, and even David Seymour. Winnie sticks his finger in the air, finds out which way the wind is blowing, then says whatever he needs to to get more votes.

Can't see Seymour being in a coalition if Winston first is there.

Baa_Baa
22-07-2023, 05:47 PM
Can't see Seymour being in a coalition if Winston first is there.

Me either, a supply and confidence agreement maybe, and Act sit on the cross benches to keep them honest. Might happen even without NZF

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Peters has to get the votes before he can enter the coalition.

fungus pudding
22-07-2023, 08:15 PM
Peters has to get the votes before he can enter the coalition.

He's not known as Lazareth for nothing.

iceman
22-07-2023, 08:36 PM
Me either, a supply and confidence agreement maybe, and Act sit on the cross benches to keep them honest. Might happen even without NZF

I can’t see ACT sit on the cross benches and Winston in Government, nor should they.

ACT is likely to be a strong force after the election and I very much doubt NZF will have any MPs

Logen Ninefingers
22-07-2023, 08:56 PM
Winston and the bombastic tag-along Jones (ex Labour) are a couple of grifters. The way Peters can pull out that broad smile on cue is chilling. He’d be a great used car salesman but always had his eyes on bigger prizes.

Panda-NZ-
22-07-2023, 11:46 PM

Winnie can marginalise Act in his agreement like he did with the greens.

Dave can look forward to being a minister of statistics even with 15% votes while Winston can be finance minister on 6%. He'll like that sort of power play. :p

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 06:52 AM
Winnie can marginalise Act in his agreement like he did with the greens.

Dave can look forward to being a minister of statistics even with 15% votes while Winston can be finance minister on 6%. He'll like that sort of power play. :p

Well you’ve just provided a prime example of how the tail can wag the dog, how a ‘Kingmaker’ with a lowly percentage of the total vote can extort a kings ransom. And indeed we saw it in 2017.

So therefore what key ministerial roles will Te Pati Maori have in a LABGREETEPATI government? And perhaps we might see Marama Davidson as Minister of Finance, aye? And what policy platforms of Te Pati Maori and the Green (radicals) might the new government adopt?
Or are you going to maintain this absurd fiction that Chipkins will simply bark the orders, and his would-be coalition partners will meekly fall into line….

There are worse things out there than Winston Peters.

Balance
23-07-2023, 07:17 AM
Well you’ve just provided a prime example of how the tail can wag the dog, how a ‘Kingmaker’ with a lowly percentage of the total vote can extort a kings ransom. And indeed we saw it in 2017.

So therefore what key ministerial roles will Te Pati Maori have in a LABGREETEPATI government? And perhaps we might see Marama Davidson as Minister of Finance, aye? And what policy platforms of Te Pati Maori and the Green (radicals) might the new government adopt?
Or are you going to maintain this absurd fiction that Chipkins will simply bark the orders, and his would-be coalition partners will meekly fall into line….

There are worse things out there than Winston Peters.

Labour’s Maori cabal, the real power in the current racist & divisive government, is keeping very quiet as their internal polling shows white middle class NZers have had a gutsful of the Maorification of NZ.

They know that they need to hold onto to as many votes there though to stay in power.

Post election, if Labour is back in power in a coalition of chaos, expect the Maorification agenda to intensify and speed up.

Winston is looking to tap into that white middle class anger and fear.

Scrapping the Waitangi Tribunal as NZF proposes is BS of course but it could very well swing enough votes to put NZF back into the game.

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Labour’s Maori cabal, the real power in the current racist & divisive government, is keeping very quiet as their internal polling shows white middle class NZers have had a gutsful of the Maorification of NZ.

They know that they need to hold onto to as many votes there though to stay in power.

Post election, if Labour is back in power in a coalition of chaos, expect the Maorification agenda to intensify and speed up.

Scrapping the Waitangi Tribunal as NZF proposes is BS of course but it could very well swing enough votes to put NZF back into the game.

Why does Panda disappear when I ask him perfectly reasonable questions that logically follow on from his own post?

Balance
23-07-2023, 07:43 AM
Why does Panda disappear when I ask him perfectly reasonable questions that logically follow on from his own post?

To be expected from a Labour shill - especially an ignorant and economic illiterate like panda who wanted Ryman to default on its debts with his hare brained proposal to use more debt to do a share buyback. Exactly what this Labour government is doing to NZ of course.

Bill Smith
23-07-2023, 08:05 AM

Panda is comprehensively deficient and as such she has to take a lead from some other source when replying. That takes time.

fungus pudding
23-07-2023, 08:55 AM

Deleted xxxxxxxxx

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 10:44 AM

Two things do stand out to me these days:

1/ The sheer level of cunning, manipulation and intense scrutiny of polls by the Labour Party. They push hard when they feel they can, but are always scenting the air for danger and will go into the foetal position as a whole organisation when they need to, then ‘go hard’ again as soon as danger has passed. They operate on a plugged-in level far ahead of all other parties. I find it duplicitous the amount of shape-shifting they do.

2/ The amount of coordination between the parties of the Left and ‘our’ media. Faced with the obvious crime wave staring is all in the face, the media has moved quickly to run interference for Labour and defuse all National and ACT attack vectors. The deluge of articles ridiculing the idea of ‘getting tough on crime’ and stating that any probes at Labours weaknesses are just ‘playing politics in election year’ are obvious and desperate attempts to shape public opinion and spike Nationals guns. ‘We’ continue to be very poorly served by the rampant unchecked bias that is evident in our media. The Left believe that ‘the ends justify the means’ and they will continue to play dirty. The irony is that this is the behaviour they seek to accuse Luxon and Seymour of.

Panda-NZ-
23-07-2023, 01:35 PM

I agree that a Lab-Gre-Pati govt would be a disaster, as would a Nat-Act-Pati govt should luxon decide to hold negotiations with them and break his promise.

I wouldn't mind a Nat-Act-NZF govt.

Panda-NZ-
23-07-2023, 01:41 PM
The NZF candidates are rather quirky, a shortland street star & the hobson's pledge leader.

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 01:48 PM
I agree that a Lab-Gre-Pati govt would be a disaster, as would a Nat-Act-Pati govt should luxon decide to hold negotiations with them and break his promise.

The idea of a Nat-Act-Pati government….it’s like a palatable fish flavoured ice-cream sundae.

justakiwi
23-07-2023, 01:56 PM
All of these combinations suck. All of them.

The idea of a Nat-Act-Pati government….it’s like a palatable fish flavoured ice-cream sundae.

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 01:59 PM
All of these combinations suck. All of them.

TOP - Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis - Freedoms New Zealand

Is that more to your taste?

justakiwi
23-07-2023, 02:35 PM
What do you think? :glare:

I literally do not wish to vote for any of these parties. None of them meet my expectations. The parties I have contacted (with questions), over the past few weeks, via their provided "Get in touch with us" channels, have not even had the decency to respond.

They have three months to deliver something worth voting for. I am not holding my breath.

TOP - Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis - Freedoms New Zealand

Is that more to your taste?

Balance
23-07-2023, 02:43 PM
What do you think? :glare:

I literally do not wish to vote for any of these parties. None of them meet my expectations. The parties I have contacted (with questions), over the past few weeks, via their provided "Get in touch with us" channels, have not even had the decency to respond.

They have three months to deliver something worth voting for. I am not holding my breath.

What about another Cindy?

Big promises, big teeth, plenty of spin & BS but no substance. That’s more your kind of leadership?

justakiwi
23-07-2023, 02:51 PM
Guessing you flunked reading comprehension at school.

What about another Cindy?

Big promises, big teeth, plenty of spin & BS but no substance. That’s more your kind of leadership?

Balance
23-07-2023, 02:52 PM
Guessing you flunked reading comprehension at school.

You voted for her, remember?

100,000 new homes.

No more child poverty.

A kind society.

Racial & social harmony.

No more shame about children in NZ living in cars.

Relentlessly positive.

Blue Skies
23-07-2023, 03:04 PM
Remember, in the Ardern Govt, Winston prevented the govt from introducing a CGT, prevented reforming the legal process around sexual assault, prevented reducing the price of EV's, prevented putting cameras on commercial fishing boats to protect endangered & overfished species, prevented hate speech legislation after the Christchurch massacre, but did get the Provincial Growth Fund to pay for a new horse racing covered track in Christchurch.

While at the same time NZF was being funded by hundreds of thousands of dollars by the NZ First Foundation, & all hell broke loose when details leaked to the media it had secretly received huge donations from the property, horse racing, commercial fishing & forestry sectors.

I have to ask who exactly who is NZF actually putting first ?

Only the mercurial Winston Peters could be the ex Deputy PM & Foreign Minister, while continuing to portray himself as the anti-establishment party.
He once had great promise as a future PM, but a fatal flaw, always this destructive side to his character.
Was a very popular & successful Foreign Minister in the Ardern govt apparently.
Would never in a million years vote for NZF but he is always entertaining to have in parliament.

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 03:38 PM
Remember, in the Ardern Govt, Winston prevented the govt from introducing a CGT, prevented reforming the legal process around sexual assault, prevented reducing the price of EV's, prevented putting cameras on commercial fishing boats to protect endangered & overfished species, prevented hate speech legislation after the Christchurch massacre, but did get the Provincial Growth Fund to pay for a new horse racing covered track in Christchurch.

While at the same time NZF was being funded by hundreds of thousands of dollars by the NZ First Foundation, & all hell broke loose when details leaked to the media it had secretly received huge donations from the property, horse racing, commercial fishing & forestry sectors.

Only the mercurial Winston Peters could be the ex Deputy PM & Foreign Minister, while continuing to portray himself as the anti-establishment party.
He once had great promise as a future PM, but a fatal flaw, always this destructive side to his character.
Would never in a million years vote for NZF but he is always entertaining to have in parliament.

People don’t really want solutions to problems, they want ‘entertainment’ aye.

Winston was able to stop a lot of Leftist stuff, it’s true - but Labour wouldn’t have even been there in power if not for Winston.

Winston was going to curb immigration, then he sold out for the usual baubles of office & a slush fund. ‘Put me in the kingmaker position….so I can then do as I please’.

Winston may get back because there will be angry and confused people out there who actually still believe Winston ‘will work for us’. Poor desperate fools.

dobby41
23-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Winston channels anything that might get him a vote.
Can Winston Peters ride a 'freedom' wave to Parliament?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/132532167/can-winston-peters-ride-a-freedom-wave-to-parliament?cid=app-android

Balance
23-07-2023, 04:15 PM
People don’t really want solutions to problems, they want ‘entertainment’ aye.

Winston was able to stop a lot of Leftist stuff, it’s true - but Labour wouldn’t have even been there in power if not for Winston.

Winston was going to curb immigration, then he sold out for the usual baubles of office & a slush fund. ‘Put me in the kingmaker position….so I can then do as I please’.

Winston may get back because there will be angry and confused people out there who actually still believe Winston ‘will work for us’. Poor desperate fools.

He is tapping into a very very rich vein of disillusionment, disappointment, fear and above all, anger at all the woke policies & practices of this useless government, as well as harnessing the anti-Maorification votes of white middle class NZers.

And justifiably so as the other parties in Opposition are tiptoeing around the issues. Winston does not fear being called a racist - in fact, that will deliver him even more votes.

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 05:32 PM
He is tapping into a very very rich vein of disillusionment, disappointment, fear and above all, anger at all the woke policies & practices of this useless government, as well as harnessing the anti-Maorification votes of white middle class NZers.

And justifiably so as the other parties in Opposition are tiptoeing around the issues. Winston does not fear being called a racist - in fact, that will deliver him even more votes.

He says stuff, then when he’s in government he’s in London staying at a flash hotel as Minister of Foreign Affairs, then when he’s back home he’s down at the race track watching the gee gees. How are those 1 billion trees looking. He’ll say whatever he has to to get votes, then he’ll deliver nothing.

Balance
23-07-2023, 06:29 PM
He says stuff, then when he’s in government he’s in London staying at a flash hotel as Minister of Foreign Affairs, then when he’s back home he’s down at the race track watching the gee gees. How are those 1 billion trees looking. He’ll say whatever he has to to get votes, then he’ll deliver nothing.

Agree with you 100%.

I am simply making observations about his modus operandi.

Logen Ninefingers
23-07-2023, 06:46 PM
Agree with you 100%.

I am simply making observations about his modus operandi.

‘Take our country back’. So have Winnie and his 5% (if he can scrape them up) hijack New Zealand for their (his) own ends again. Disgusting.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300933907/take-our-country-back-winston-peters-fires-up-as-he-launches-comeback-campaign

Take our country back': Winston Peters fires up as he launches comeback campaign

SBQ
23-07-2023, 09:43 PM

I still believe we need Winnie in gov't because it keeps the playing field level. His comments need to be heard to maintain that balance. I wholly don't believe it was all in Winston's doing for stopping the introduction of CGT during their tri-party coalition. Labour won the majority in the following term and 'could have' easily implemented CGT at that time.

He still has a following among the seniors as he delivered on the Gold Card scheme. I also would welcome him as a Foreign Minister at any day than that tattooed up Mahunta lady.

whatsup
24-07-2023, 08:32 AM
I still believe we need Winnie in gov't because it keeps the playing field level. His comments need to be heard to maintain that balance. I wholly don't believe it was all in Winston's doing for stopping the introduction of CGT during their tri-party coalition. Labour won the majority in the following term and 'could have' easily implemented CGT at that time.

He still has a following among the seniors as he delivered on the Gold Card scheme. I also would welcome him as a Foreign Minister at any day than that tattooed up Mahunta lady.

SBQ, for chris!s sake imo if winny told me that water was wet I would get another opinion !!

Logen Ninefingers
24-07-2023, 10:13 AM
Extraordinary that former PM’s like Helen Clark, John Key, Bill English, Jacinda Ardern all have their time in the sun and then shuffle off, and the public indeed do say ‘zip it, you had their time’ or one or the other of the following:
“He was the worst PM we’ve ever had”
or
“She was the worst PM we’ve ever had”

Yet Winston Peters has been a key member of government after government, has enjoyed the baubles of office like nobody else, including plum roles of Treasurer, Minister of Finance, and Deputy Prime Minister. Yet he continues to slither away from any culpability when things go wrong in these governments. He washes his hands of whoever it is he got into bed with, like a modern day Pontius Pilate. And he keeps getting away with it. Because all he needs is just over 5% of the vote to put himself in the cat-bird seat and reap outsized rewards. So he tells people what they want to hear. If he decides people are concerned about immigration, he tells them he’ll do something about immigration. If he decides people are concerned about law and order, he tells them he’ll do something about law and order. It’s the exact same con job every time, by the exact same bs artist!

Daytr
24-07-2023, 10:57 AM
Extraordinary that former PM’s like Helen Clark, John Key, Bill English, Jacinda Ardern all have their time in the sun and then shuffle off, and the public indeed do say ‘zip it, you had their time’ or one or the other of the following:
or

Yet Winston Peters has been a key member of government after government, has enjoyed the baubles of office like nobody else, including plum roles of Treasurer, Minister of Finance, and Deputy Prime Minister. Yet he continues to slither away from any culpability when things go wrong in these governments. He washes his hands of whoever it is he got into bed with, like a modern day Pontius Pilate. And he keeps getting away with it. Because all he needs is just over 5% of the vote to put himself in the cat-bird seat and reap outsized rewards. So he tells people what they want to hear. If he decides people are concerned about immigration, he tells them he’ll do something about immigration. If he decides people are concerned about law and order, he tells them he’ll do something about law and order. It’s the exact same con job every time, by the exact same bs artist!

Sounds like someone is worried.

Logen Ninefingers
24-07-2023, 11:03 AM
Sounds like someone is worried.

Simply calling it as I see it, though that comment is actually pretty revealing of you and your motivations for posting though.

Going back to Peters yet again - if it happens - would be just emblematic of New Zealand I guess. A country in a fair amount of disarray and getting a fair bit of a comeuppance of late, after shoulders were dislocated patting ourselves on the back for a few years. Hubris. A prime example of hubris.

Daytr
24-07-2023, 11:21 AM
Simply calling it as I see it, though that comment is actually pretty revealing of you and your motivations for posting though.

Going back to Peters yet again - if it happens - would be just emblematic of New Zealand I guess. A country in a fair amount of disarray and getting a fair bit of a comeuppance of late, after shoulders were dislocated patting ourselves on the back for a few years. Hubris. A prime example of hubris.

And what in your imagination does it reveal?
Remember according to you I am a Labour puppet.

whatsup
24-07-2023, 11:47 AM
or

Yes and how many of them fired him ?

Logen Ninefingers
24-07-2023, 12:22 PM
And what in your imagination does it reveal?
Remember according to you I am a Labour puppet.

I reject the premise of that question.

Panda-NZ-
25-07-2023, 04:54 PM
NZ needs Winston as foreign affairs minister.

If not it's either Mahuta or Gerry Brownlee. Having a thumb in a suit is bad enough, but with gerry it's simply doubling down.

Logen Ninefingers
25-07-2023, 05:00 PM
NZ needs Winston as foreign affairs minister.

If not it's either Mahuta or Gerry Brownlee. Having a thumb in a suit is bad enough, but with gerry it's simply doubling down.

Be kind. Always be kind.

nztx
27-07-2023, 02:01 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/nz-firsts-winston-peters-promises-inflation-adjusted-income-tax-brackets-tax-incentives/5AAG7IE7NBA6BL5A6MVEMPWC4I/

NZ First’s Winston Peters promises inflation-adjusted income tax brackets, tax incentives

Once every three years, strange awakening fellows dressed in suits and ties appear on the landscape promising everything under the sun in hope of snatching a glimmer of attention and the odd stray vote .. before rapidly departing for another three year deep sleep .. during which only low muffled snoring sounds can be heard :)

nztx
03-08-2023, 03:51 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300941951/act-categorically-rules-out-working-with-winston-peters-and-nz-first

ACT categorically rules out working with Winston Peters and NZ First

ANALYSIS: After iteratively nudging the door shut to any potential coalition deal involving New Zealand First, ACT Leader David Seymour has finally slammed the door shut, turned the key, fastened the deadbolt and latched the door chain.

There’s no room for Winston Peters in any Cabinet shared with David Seymour.

If you’re Chris Hipkins, you’d argue it’s a moot point given Peters himself has ruled out working with Labour.

Not much love for Winnie First any more - stuck out on the end of a branch ;)

Guess that's what happens when you play games, land everyone in the sh!t, and only make a showing every three years after a long hibernation :)

Karma delivered..

Panda-NZ-
04-08-2023, 04:21 AM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300941951/act-categorically-rules-out-working-with-winston-peters-and-nz-first

ACT categorically rules out working with Winston Peters and NZ First

There's a simple solution.. Act won't get any coalition deal but provide the votes to a NZ First/National coalition.

Act support is based purely on people not liking luxon and if they try anything, then a new election will be called where they will probably lose that tenuous level of support.

thegreatestben
04-08-2023, 09:07 AM
There's a simple solution.. act won't get any coalition deal but provide the votes to a NZ First/National coalition.

Act support is based purely on people not liking Luxon and if they try anything then a new election will be called where they will lose that tenuous level of support.

Incorrect. I don't give a damn about Luxon. I agree with ACT's policies and think DS is a good politician. Definitely getting my party vote.

I think your statement would be closer to accurate if you switched out Luxon for labour.

Panda-NZ-
04-08-2023, 09:09 AM
Incorrect. I don't give a damn about Luxon. I agree with ACT's policies and think DS is a good politician. Definitely getting my party vote.

They were at 1% during simon bridges time (their typical long run average).

It's definately related to the weakness of National.

thegreatestben
04-08-2023, 09:32 AM

Ohh thanks for correcting me on how I and everyone else who thinks differently thinks! We had it wrong all along.

causecelebre
04-08-2023, 09:49 AM

This time round its the weekness of the Labour/Greens. Its not entirely that people not liking Luxon (disc: I don't like him. Didn't when he was my boss too, buts that a different story). Though you do have a point to a degree also. Its people not liking the incumbents so much they see ACT offering more significant change

Panda-NZ-
04-08-2023, 11:09 AM
This time round its the weekness of the Labour/Greens. Its not entirely that people not liking Luxon (disc: I don't like him. Didn't when he was my boss too, buts that a different story). Though you do have a point to a degree also. Its people not liking the incumbents so much they see ACT offering more significant change

Pre the kiri alan affair National/Act recieved a combined 45-6%.

Simon bridges regularly had national alone at 45%.

nztx
04-08-2023, 11:31 AM
Pre the kiri alan affair National/Act recieved a combined 45-6%.

Simon bridges regularly had national alone at 45%.

might be further slid marks soon that need to be pegged to Robbo's growing fiscal hole :)

moka
13-08-2023, 09:15 AM
I did a double take yesterday when I saw the NZFirst billboard that said “Let’s Take Back Our Country.” Take it back from who I thought, has Putin or someone similar invaded our country?
But according to Winston “We have watched over the last three years Labour and its cohorts taking our country away from us.”

https://www.nzfirst.nz/lets-take-back-our-country
(https://www.nzfirst.nz/lets-take-back-our-country)
It’s with that in mind that we ask you to get ready, to make a commitment, right here right now, to save our country.
If you do, the future is certain.
Democracy will prevail.
But it is ‘Now or Never’.
We oppose racist co-government.
We oppose their Three Waters take over.
We oppose our country’s name being changed.
We oppose separatism in policy and in law.
We oppose this insidious woke agenda being driven by an elite cabal of social and ideological engineers.
We support policies - based on need, not race.
We support the rule of law - where everyone is equal before it.
We support the right of free speech - and that means we support the right of New Zealanders to say, ‘I disagree’ and not be mandated out of existence.
We support the right of New Zealanders to disagree with government policy and not be punished for it.
And we are never going to work in Parliament with any political party whose policies threaten those fundamental rights.
We have watched over the last three years Labour and its cohorts taking our country away from us.
That’s why we are asking you to Party Vote New Zealand First.
We’ve got the polices, the grit, the experience, and the courage to stop them and rebuild New Zealand.

Getty
13-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Winston is doing his bit to stop Labour's accelerated journey to take New Zealand to New Zimbabwe.

They hid He Pua Pua from him in coalition talks 6 years ago, so he is pushing back.

Sharma on them.

Baa_Baa
13-08-2023, 10:43 AM
NZ First, home for the conspiracy theorists. "Chemtrails, 9/11 and vaccine nanobots: The digital trail of NZ First's could-be MPs"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300945108/chemtrails-911-and-vaccine-nanobots-the-digital-trail-of-nz-firsts-couldbe-mps

SBQ
13-08-2023, 09:12 PM
NZ First, home for the conspiracy theorists. "Chemtrails, 9/11 and vaccine nanobots: The digital trail of NZ First's could-be MPs"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300945108/chemtrails-911-and-vaccine-nanobots-the-digital-trail-of-nz-firsts-couldbe-mps

Peters has ruled out working with Labour. ACT has ruled out joining a coalition that includes NZ First, but National leader Christopher Luxon has not. It opens the possibility of a National/ACT coalition, with NZ First providing confidence and supply if necessary.

That would be the key factor for anyone casting their vote in this coming election. Does the sum of the Maori Party + Green Party > NZ 1st? We can easily see what happened in 2018 when Jacinda did a 3 way coalition, happen again in this election.

iceman
13-08-2023, 09:23 PM
That would be the key factor for anyone casting their vote in this coming election. Does the sum of the Maori Party + Green Party > NZ 1st? We can easily see what happened in 2018 when Jacinda did a 3 way coalition, happen again in this election.

Peters , if given the opportunity, will go wherever he can extract the most for himself & NZ First.
He and John Tamihere will do a deal to install Hipkins as a figurehead PM, if it suits their own agenda & ambition.
Peters saying he won’t go with Labour is meaningless.

Panda-NZ-
14-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Peters and Tamihere hate each other.. he despises the maori party rabble.

Panda-NZ-
14-08-2023, 01:07 PM
Winston has a good opportunity to put a tax free threshold out there... it makes for a good contrast with the other tax policies.

nztx
14-08-2023, 01:24 PM
Winston has a good opportunity to put a tax free threshold out there... it makes for a good contrast with the other tax policies.

No room for that after the 5.5 years squandering & empty tin that Labour's dumba%ses will likely leave behind ;)

Have you not noticed Robbo's Election Year Budget only included booby prizes & free tokens ? ;)

The big reveal on Labour's book keeping can only be expected to reveal larger gaping holes worse
than we already see with all the indicators pointing to recession & downwards spirals ..

Panda-NZ-
14-08-2023, 01:25 PM
No room for that after the 5.5 years squandering & empty tin that Labour's dumba%ses will likely leave behind ;)

Have you not noticed Robbo's Election Year Budget only included booby prizes & free tokens ? ;)

Doesn't stop national promising baby boost, tax cuts for the wealthy, restoring DHBs.

Or Act who won't let auditors in to check their alternative budget.

nztx
14-08-2023, 01:28 PM
Doesn't stop national promising baby boost, tax cuts for the wealthy, restoring DHBs.

Or Act who won't let auditers in to check their alternative budget.

Unfortunately Labour & Greens only manage to throw bucketfuls at B*m Deals which achieve nothing
but a large hole, huge debt and few if any benefits .. 5.5 years of Labour's clueless incompetence
not enough pot hole depth attained for Nelsonians yet ? ;)

As Labour Slogan says - they landed you in it - Chump :)

SBQ
14-08-2023, 05:06 PM
Peters , if given the opportunity, will go wherever he can extract the most for himself & NZ First.
He and John Tamihere will do a deal to install Hipkins as a figurehead PM, if it suits their own agenda & ambition.
Peters saying he won’t go with Labour is meaningless.

Somehow I don't believe that will happen. The circumstances now are different 6 years ago based on the fact that we've had the Labour Party run while back then, they viewed it as a time for a change from the long running National Party rule. Most of the things that Labour did do, left such a bad taste in Peter's mouth that he's not going to disappoint his key voters ; the elder / senior category who have a strong tie with an older NZ, a less modern, how I say, all inclusion thinking that puts race before, merit.

Here in Christchurch, I notice more and more of the Labour Party signage on the fences of people's homes. This tells me that they're ill informed and 'don't know any better'.

iceman
15-08-2023, 06:48 PM
Peters and Tamihere hate each other.. he despises the maori party rabble.
Their thirst for power at all cost overrides the “hate for each other”
Both are desperate and dangerous people
This is highly likely to be Winston’s last run and he will do whatever it takes not to spend his last term (if he makes it) in opposition. I simply don’t trust anything he says

Getty
15-08-2023, 07:24 PM
Expect Winston/NZF to be back in Parliament and Government as they get 6+% of the vote.

Many who would otherwise vote Labour will see him as the only palatable option.

SBQ
15-08-2023, 09:33 PM
Expect Winston/NZF to be back in Parliament and Government as they get 6+% of the vote.

Many who would otherwise vote Labour will see him as the only palatable option.

I find that those that voted for Labour pre Covid, would still vote for them today. I find the NZF camp is very different to Labour policies and generally, the voters in each camp do not mix.

Panda-NZ-
16-08-2023, 06:37 PM
I have to say that parliament has never been this boring listening to what passes as "opposition".

Winne even at his age could bring in the memes and become the "effective opposition".

nztx
16-08-2023, 08:45 PM
I have to say that parliament has never been this boring listening to what passes as "opposition".

Winne even at his age could bring in the memes and become the "effective opposition".

Best blame your Lab/Green mates for lack of enjoyment there Comrade ;)

nztx
19-08-2023, 05:15 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/election-2023-shane-jones-appeals-to-northland-voters-through-tiktok-song/MPI2AFDZKVDFLIEW6HLVEMFP6M/

Election 2023: Shane Jones appeals to Northland voters through TikTok song

Things must be getting desperate .. if Shane is already practicing for new job in the Entertainment industry ;)

Getty
19-08-2023, 08:00 PM
I find that those that voted for Labour pre Covid, would still vote for them today. I find the NZF camp is very different to Labour policies and generally, the voters in each camp do not mix.

I concur that many are as cosy with Labour as they ever were.

However I'm referring to those previous supporters who recognise the racist divisive side of Labour's policies.

They can't swap their vote to Green as they are as bad or worse, and would not be comfortable with the Right.

Hence Winston/NZF.

Others may choose to abstain.

A lot will depend on how the players show their cards during the election campaign.

SBQ
20-08-2023, 08:01 AM
I concur that many are as cosy with Labour as they ever were.

However I'm referring to those previous supporters who recognise the racist divisive side of Labour's policies.

They can't swap their vote to Green as they are as bad or worse, and would not be comfortable with the Right.

Hence Winston/NZF.

Others may choose to abstain.

A lot will depend on how the players show their cards during the election campaign.

My belief for keeping Winston in the political game is simple. We need someone that keeps the balance in politics. It was a good thing that NZF was part of the 3 way coalition. Though it only lasted 3 years, imagine the damage that Labour would have in a full 6 year ruling term?

Also I find he's not so bad when he talks. He often hits the nail right on the head that so many political parties miss (or try to sneak things through). I would not be surprised if NZF gets 10% of the vote.

dln
20-08-2023, 06:41 PM
He could be the Cat in the Red Dwarf coalition, along with Kryten & Rimmer.
Lister was clearly a lefty and has been jettisoned into space.

Daytr
08-09-2023, 08:59 AM
The latest polls are suggesting Winston is very much in the race!
The new coalition may not be NACT but NAF! 🤣

ynot
09-09-2023, 08:46 AM
The latest polls are suggesting Winston is very much in the race!
The new coalition may not be NACT but NAF! ��
Have you seen the Winston / Peter Williams
interview.
What can I say, Winston said a lot that I cannot disagree with.
He has come back with a vengeance. Labour did a job on him , I am seeing something in him I am liking a lot.

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 05:30 PM
My belief for keeping Winston in the political game is simple. We need someone that keeps the balance in politics. It was a good thing that NZF was part of the 3 way coalition. Though it only lasted 3 years, imagine the damage that Labour would have in a full 6 year ruling term?

Also I find he's not so bad when he talks. He often hits the nail right on the head that so many political parties miss (or try to sneak things through). I would not be surprised if NZF gets 10% of the vote.

‘It was a good thing that NZF was part of the 3 way coalition. Though it only lasted 3 years, imagine the damage that Labour would have in a full 6 year ruling term?’

———

Huh? The ‘Coalition of Losers’ could only be formed if it was enabled to by Winston!

He wasn’t sitting there thinking “Geez, this Labour government is inevitable….I better enter into a coalition with them so I can act as a real handbrake and stop them doing damage to our country”.

In 2017:
National got 44.45% of the party vote.
Labour got 36.89% of the party vote.

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 05:35 PM
Have you seen the Winston / Peter Williams
interview.
What can I say, Winston said a lot that I cannot disagree with.
He has come back with a vengeance. Labour did a job on him , I am seeing something in him I am liking a lot.

Labour did a number on him? Like what? Made him Deputy PM, made him the Minister of Foreign Affairs, gave his lackey Shane Jones a multi-billion dollar ‘Provincial Growth Fund’ slush fund to administer?

Some of you people live an alternate reality. Peters is apparently a ‘conservative’ politician…who is happy to throw in with the progressives if he thinks he can milk them for all they are worth. ‘Did a number on him’….turn it up! Peters has a Hitlerian ability to make people believe his lies. He’s the best snake oil salesman we’ve ever seen in these parts.

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
NZ Voters (rather than national party fans) thought the Lab-NZF govt was rather good during the 2017-2020 term... high approvals and labour ended up with 50% next election (then add greens at 8%).

Aside from the kiwibuild failure of course. Though instead of fixing it, labour used their majority for less important areas (dunno why).

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 06:02 PM
NZ Voters (rather than national party fans) thought the Lab-NZF govt was good during the 2017-2020 term... high approvals and labour ended up with 50% next election (then add greens at 8%).

Aside from the kiwibuild failure of course. Though instead of fixing it, labour used their majority for less important areas (dunno why).

NZ Voters (rather than national party fans) thought the Lab-NZF govt was good during the 2017-2020 term...

————

So good that they booted the NZF part of that equation right out of Parliament.

2020 wasn’t about ‘a government’. It was a Presidential style election & a referendum on the PM’s handling of the COVID-19 Pandemic. It was about the Left and the flakey flip-floppers in the centre being absolutely bewitched and besotted by a certain toothy politician, who was marketed by our media as an international superstar and global heroine.

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 06:12 PM
So good that they booted the NZF part of that equation right out of Parliament.

Their support mostly went to Labour and not national, even before the pandemic (Lab opinion poll vote share exceeded the 2017 result). NAct supported remained the same.

Winston deserves the credit though for making Labour electable and blocking ideas like repealing three strikes.

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 06:17 PM
Their support mostly went to Labour even before the pandemic (Lab opinion poll vote share exceeded her 2017 result). Nact stayed the same.

Winston deserves credit though for making labour electable and blocking silly ideas like repealing three strikes.
Oops crime spree!

I thought you were a died-in-the-wool Labourite. Turns out that you are a flakey left of centre flip flopper who has gone weak at the knees when exposed once again to the twinkle in Winston’s eye, his radiant smile, and his sincere promise that he’s ‘in it for you’.

ynot
10-09-2023, 06:33 PM
Labour did a number on him? Like what? Made him Deputy PM, made him the Minister of Foreign Affairs, gave his lackey Shane Jones a multi-billion dollar ‘Provincial Growth Fund’ slush fund to administer?

Some of you people live an alternate reality. Peters is apparently a ‘conservative’ politician…who is happy to throw in with the progressives if he thinks he can milk them for all they are worth. ‘Did a number on him’….turn it up! Peters has a Hitlerian ability to make people believe his lies. He’s the best snake oil salesman we’ve ever seen in these parts.
I do believe Ardern did do a number on him. She used him for sure and he overestimated his importance in her plan.
I do think he screwed up siding with her and I suspect he knows that.
All that aside, he is making some good points regards where we stand as a nation and what we can do to rectify it. Luxon on the other hand is a closet lefty in my view.

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 06:37 PM
All gangs should be designated terrorist entities - NZ First.

https://www.nzfirst.nz/all-gangs-should-be-designated-terrorist-entities

Maybe terrorism is too much, "organised crime" is more accurate. Though, a new legal framework for dealing with organised crime could be helpful.

Rather than banning clothing like Luxon wants, the end goal should be a fundamental disruption of their operations (within days) by the Armed offenders squad. Start with one gang at a time in all of their locations simultaneously and then sentence them for being part of an organised crime group.

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 06:40 PM
I do believe Ardern did do a number on him. She used him for sure and he overestimated his importance in her plan.
All that aside, he is making some good points regards where we stand as a nation and what we can do to rectify it. Luxon on the other hand is a closet lefty in my view.

The SFO investigation was rather interesting with it's timing wasn't it.

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 07:07 PM

'I do believe Ardern did do a number on him. She used him for sure and he overestimated his importance in her plan.'

Extraordinary thinking. Winston is purportedly the ultimate wily and crafty political veteran, the man who trumpets his experience and nous as his most vital virtue. The man who entered Parliament way back in 1978 (6 years before Jacinda Ardern was born) and formed NZ First in 1993 (when Ardern was 13, one year before she got her first job at Golden Kiwi fish and chip shop). The man who formed coalition governments with National and Labour years (decades) before 2017.

Yet you describe him as a naive and easily duped idiot, a too-trusting rube casually tricked by Labours politically wet-behind-the-ears new leader, a person who had only been Labour leader for 7 weeks prior to the 2017 election. A simpelton to be used and then biffed in the bin at the first convenient opportunity by someone vastly less experienced, who apparently outmanouevered him with ease. Why would I vote for such a person?

I guess that's the key to Winston's success: he can be any number of things at the same time, he just has to smile and chuckle and - for a certain segment of society - all common sense and logic simply melts away.

-----

'Luxon on the other hand is a closet lefty in my view.'

So we have Winston Peters on one hand. On the other hand we have 'a closet lefty'.
Just how far Left is Luxon do you think? Is he so far Left that he'd enter into a coalition with the Labour party? Is that what you fear?

I know someone who entered into a coalition - twice - with NZ's main Left wing party. His name? Winston Peters.

Again, extraordinary and frankly quite baffling thinking.

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 07:18 PM
Labour had all the good portfolios and the full resources of govt beind them.. Winston had one ministry. There's a power imbalance there that not even experience can remedy.

Plus we all know the media is against him..

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Labour had all the good portfolios and the full resources of govt beind them.. Winston had one ministry. There's a power imbalance there that not even experience can remedy.

Plus we all know the media is against him.

Epic trolling. Really first class stuff.

One ministry? Too lazy to even do even do the most cursory bit of fact checking?

'On 26 October 2017, Peters assumed the positions of Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister for State Owned Enterprises, and Minister of Racing.

On 19 January 2018, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that she was pregnant and that Peters would take the role of Acting Prime Minister for six weeks after the delivery, which happened on 21 June 2018. Peters managed the "day to day" business of the country while Ardern was on maternity leave—a first in modern politics.'

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 07:45 PM
It seems odd that your motivation is to get rid of LABGRETEPATI..

Then spend all this time attacking Winston for doing what MMP is intended for.

When the easiest route for the "left" is for Winnie to get below 5%.

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 08:03 PM
It seems odd that your motivation is to get rid of LABGRETEPATI..

Then spend all this time attacking Winston for doing what MMP is intended for.

When the easiest route for the "left" is for Winnie to get below 5%.

If Winnie gets over 5% by pilfering a fair chunk of the centre-right vote then that would certainly play into the Lefts hands. Some unscrupulous person in an on-line forum could extol Winstons virtues to the crowd....while they themselves cast their vote for Labour - as they always intended.
I am sure LABGREETEPATI supporters would enjoy seeing the right cannabilise itself, enabling a genuine maverick like Winston to muddy the waters.

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 08:05 PM
The right needs both charisma and ethnic diversity lets face it.

When the left throws the "race" grenade into the camp over kianga ora evictions and law and order policies.. oh dear.

Panda-NZ-
10-09-2023, 08:08 PM
If Winnie gets over 5% by pilfering a fair chunk of the centre-right vote then that would certainly play into the Lefts hands. Some unscrupulous person in an on-line forum could extol Winstons virtues to the crowd....while they themselves cast their vote for Labour - as they always intended.

Polls often understate Winnies support and given he's at 6% it would make sense for me to bag him currently if I was a labourite.

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 08:13 PM
The right needs both charisma and ethnic diversity lets face it.

When the left throws the "race" grenade into the camp over kianga ora evictions and law and order policies.. oh dear.

'The right needs both charisma and ethnic diversity lets face it.'

A voice from the Left telling the Right what it needs. 'Charisma and diversity'? Who could you be referring to?

Anyway, you'll be grinning like a cheshire cat at the thought of erstwhile National and ACT supporters casting their vote for that saviour of the right, Winston Peters. Allowing LABGREETEPATI to coast through on the inside rail.

Who do you think Winston is trying to take votes off I wonder?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/132910835/mori-are-not-indigenous-winston-peters-claims

'New Zealand First leader Winston Peters made the claim that Māori are “not indigenous” while speaking at a public meeting in Nelson on Sunday.

“Here’s the rub if you are Māori. We’re not indigenous,” Peters told his supporters.

“We come from Hawai-iki. Where’s our Hawai-iki? We think it is in the Cook Islands. We think it’s in Rarotonga ... but we’re not from here. And you go back 5000 years, we came with our DNA from China. Not like 55,000 years in Australia.”'

Logen Ninefingers
10-09-2023, 08:17 PM
Polls often understate Winnies support and given he's at 6% it would make sense for me to bag him currently if I was a labourite.

If he's at 6% then he's already back*. So I'm sure you would be as pleased as punch to see Winston take votes off National and ACT.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/election-2023-labour-drops-in-new-poll-as-chris-hipkins-returns-to-wellington/WGKH6QDKUFCN3HE7FLKKLIXFFY/

*Labour continues to trail National in a new political poll released today (8 September).
Labour is on 27 per cent in the Taxpayers’ Union-Curia poll - no change from last month.
The party is well behind National which is at 35 per cent, again unchanged.
Act has risen one point to 14 per cent, the Greens are also up one to 13 per cent.
Te Pāti Māori are on 3 per cent, which is no change from last month. NZ First is on 4 per cent, down two points from last month.

nztx
11-09-2023, 02:01 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/election-2023-winston-peters-claims-maori-are-not-indigenous-during-nelson-meeting-with-nz-first-supporters/ZCEBFEUDZJGHXA2SY4KGOFETIQ/

Election 2023: Winston Peters claims ‘Māori are not indigenous’ during Nelson meeting with NZ First supporters

New Zealand First leader Winston Peters told supporters at a public meeting in Nelson on Sunday that Māori are “not indigenous”.

“Here’s the rub if you are Māori. We’re not indigenous,” Peters claimed, according to a report by Stuff.

“We come from Hawai-iki. Where’s our Hawai-iki? We think it is in the Cook Islands. We think it’s in Rarotonga, but we’re not from here.

“And [if] you go back 5000 years, we came with our DNA from China.”

When contacted by the Herald after the meeting, Peters said his tribe Ngāti Wai’s name translates to “people of the sea”, and its members came to Aotearoa about 900 years ago or longer.

“We didn’t come 54,000 years ago, for example, like the Aboriginals in Australia,” the former deputy prime minister said.

“If our story says we came from Hawai-iki or this place from the Pacific, then it means we’re not indigenous. I’m not trying to kid anybody, so why are we trying to kid each other?”

Peters claimed the belief Māori were the indigenous people of New Zealand was a “misconstruct”.

“Every tribe will have in its ancestry where it came from, and it’s not New Zealand,” he said. “Why are we lying to each other? We should be believing in truths and not myths.”

Peters also told the crowd the National Party and the Māori Party in 2010 signed up for the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (Undrip).

This declaration is an agreement which emphasises the rights of indigenous peoples to live in diginity and maintain and strengthen their own institutions, cultures and traditions. NZ First’s policy is to formally withdraw New Zealand from Undrip.

Peters also attacked what he described as the “two hospital systems”, calling them a massive and total failure.

“One is Māori, which has been a massive failure, and the other one is a total failure as well,” he said, according to Stuff.

“Te Whatu Ora, excuse me, I don’t want to speak the Māori language when I go to hospital. I want to be fixed up whether I am European or Māori.”

In June, Newstalk ZB and the Herald revealed Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ has introduced an “Equity Adjustor Score”, which uses an algorithm to prioritise patients according to clinical priority, time spent on the waitlist, geographic location (isolated areas), deprivation level and ethnicity.

In the ethnicity category, Māori and Pacific are top of the list, while European New Zealanders and other ethnicities are lower-ranked.

Peters continued by claiming the Three Waters reforms are a programme designed “to transfer the water ownership from the heavens to one race in this country – Māori”.

But Stuff reported he said no “ordinary Māori” believed water belonged to them - instead it was members of the “Māori elite” that were “ramming this down our throats”.

There's Winnie poking the mythical beasts for all he can score out of things .. ;)

Let's see what that draws out of the splinter groups misfit fleas desperately clinging on to the mangy tail of Labour in hope of another free ride ;)

Panda-NZ-
11-09-2023, 02:51 AM
If he's at 6% then he's already back*. So I'm sure you would be as pleased as punch to see Winston take votes off National and ACT.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/election-2023-labour-drops-in-new-poll-as-chris-hipkins-returns-to-wellington/WGKH6QDKUFCN3HE7FLKKLIXFFY/

*Labour continues to trail National in a new political poll released today (8 September).
Labour is on 27 per cent in the Taxpayers’ Union-Curia poll - no change from last month.
The party is well behind National which is at 35 per cent, again unchanged.
Act has risen one point to 14 per cent, the Greens are also up one to 13 per cent.
Te Pāti Māori are on 3 per cent, which is no change from last month. NZ First is on 4 per cent, down two points from last month.

48%/49% for NACT is dicey.. I'm sure you wouldn't want to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. ;)

Winnie is likely taking votes from otherwise unelectable parties like Democracy NZ, Freedoms NZ and New conservatives.

Logen Ninefingers
11-09-2023, 05:30 AM
48%/49% for NACT is dicey.. I'm sure you wouldn't want to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. ;)

Winnie is likely taking votes from otherwise unelectable parties like Democracy NZ, Freedoms NZ and New conservatives.

Just whose side are you on??!! 😂

Getty
11-09-2023, 05:42 AM
When there are dire straits you get the sultans of swing.

Panda-NZ-
11-09-2023, 09:10 AM
Just whose side are you on??!! 

New Zealand's. It's in the name :p

Logen Ninefingers
11-09-2023, 10:17 AM
New Zealand's. It's in the name :p

Yes, NZ First.
“He’s putting NZ First everybody!”

Can’t wait for the ‘We’ll All Be Billionaires’ party.
“Hey, these guys are gonna make us all billionaires, it’s in the name!”

Only in New Zealand.

Panda-NZ-
14-09-2023, 06:14 AM
Behold your favourite Minister for Racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJJQnhuHw0&t=131s

Logen Ninefingers
14-09-2023, 08:19 AM
Behold your favourite Minister for Racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJJQnhuHw0&t=131s

The more that people think that NZ First is past 5%, the more they will think that there’s no need to vote for Winston as he’s already back in.

Panda-NZ-
14-09-2023, 08:29 AM
Where's their alternative ?

Voters aren't rushing to vote for either of the two Chris's.

Balance
14-09-2023, 09:24 AM
Whatever people say about Winnie, he is still around with gas in the tank while the useless Queen of Woke Ardern is nowhere to be found :

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/12/23/00/52126173-10337949-New_Zealand_Prime_Minister_Jacinda_Ardern_pictured _has_been_hail-a-39_1640217684883.jpg

ynot
14-09-2023, 09:40 AM
The more that people think that NZ First is past 5%, the more they will think that there’s no need to vote for Winston as he’s already back in.
As much as I said I like what Winston is saying, it does not mean I will vote for him.
I like that Act can support National also and that will be forefront in my thinking on voting day.
I agree with you, the sole objective in this election is to remove Labour.

fungus pudding
14-09-2023, 09:57 AM
As much as I said I like what Winston is saying, it does not mean I will vote for him.
I like that Act can support National also and that will be forefront in my thinking on voting day.

If I understand correctly, National may lose Act if they coalesce with Winston First - so that won't happen. Chippie won't have anything to do with Winston first , so maybe Winnie and the gang will sit in the house just twiddling their thumbs.

Logen Ninefingers
14-09-2023, 09:57 AM

Yes, it really doesn’t matter what Winston says. It may be music to the ears of many…but that’s no reason to give him your vote.
He tells people what they want to hear, but when it comes to being a part of government his rhetoric means absolutely nothing, as he is quite content to simply enjoy the baubles of office - whether that be hob-nobbing overseas with the global elite in fine style as Minister of Foreign Affairs, or hob-nobbing track side as Minister of Racing.
I honestly believe Winston is now addicted to the good life that he has enjoyed in these plum roles, and he will say anything to get back there. He knows there are people who equate his often inflammatory rhetoric with actual effective action, but the only real achievement he can point to is the Super Gold Card. The pandemic was much more effective at curbing immigration than Winston. He claims that the co-governance stuff was ‘hidden’ from him…again, we have this duality where he is apparently immensely experienced and savvy, yet he was so naive that he didn’t see any problem with empowering Labour and its very powerful ‘Maori Caucus’. I personally don’t buy it. He is just looking to make excuses for what he has done.

Balance
14-09-2023, 10:10 AM
Whatever people say about Winnie, he is still around with gas in the tank while the useless Queen of Woke Ardern is nowhere to be found :

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/12/23/00/52126173-10337949-New_Zealand_Prime_Minister_Jacinda_Ardern_pictured _has_been_hail-a-39_1640217684883.jpg

It is excellent also to have Winnie out there speaking out against the racial & social divisive policies of this Labour government, especially against the Maori elite who are using race to entrench themselves into position of power & privilege with zero accountability to NZers.

And really, let’s face the fact that it’s only Winnie who can blast these Maori elites with home truths because he can. Don’t expect it from any of the other leaders.

NZers need to be reminded everyday up to the election date what this Labour government has been about - power and the abuse of power by a small group of politicians led by Robertson, Clark, Ardern, Hipkins & the Maori cabal.

Winnie is doing a great job for ACT & National to reaffirm the need to vote out this racist & incompetent Labour government - by first, not voting Labour or the Greens or Maori Party and second, by voting ACT or National.

Roll on October 14th!

iceman
14-09-2023, 10:41 AM

100% agree

Panda-NZ-
14-09-2023, 11:12 AM
Chippie won't have anything to do with Winston first , so maybe Winnie and the gang will sit in the house just twiddling their thumbs.

David has 10 years experience doing exactly that, maybe he should offer some advice.

ynot
14-09-2023, 12:24 PM

I knew I'd seen her somewhere recently. Have u seen some of trash walking the streets of Philidelphia on YouTube.

Getty
16-09-2023, 06:55 AM
A question strategic voters need to consider.

Who would you prefer as Kingmaker?

Winston or Te Pati?

If you truly believe there will be a landslide to National Act, this may be less important, but just as equally you may be just adding to a big number.

You may need some insurance.

You only have one Party vote.

Use it wisely,

That's what MMP has done to you.

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 07:12 AM
A question strategic voters need to consider.

Who would you prefer as Kingmaker?

Winston or Te Pati?

If you truly believe there will be a landslide to National Act, this may be less important, but just as equally you may be just adding to a big number.

You may need some insurance.

You only have one Party vote.

Use it wisely,

That's what MMP has done to you.

If we all were to think ‘maybe we need some insurance’ and give our votes to Winston, there won’t be that landslide and Winston will hold all the cards.

Winston has gone into coalition with Labour twice over the course of NZ First’s history. That damns him in my eyes, and 2017 has lead to Labour being in a place now to divide this country on racial lines & absolutely destroy the books.

I’m not going to over-think things when I go into the polling booth - the only way I can hand cards to Winston over the 2 parties that wouldn’t p*iss on Labour if they were on fire is by giving him my vote, so I won’t be doing that. I’ll never forgive him for 2017, never.

Getty
16-09-2023, 07:23 AM
Logen, your opening statement is how most think.

But not strategic voters.

In an extended family group of 9 say, one may be nominated as the strategic voter.

Otherwise that family of 8 down the road who believe in myths and fantasies like cycle bridges to nowhere, and light headed rail may decide your future.

Panda-NZ-
16-09-2023, 07:29 AM
I’m not going to over-think things when I go into the polling booth - the only way I can hand cards to Winston over the 2 parties that wouldn’t p*iss on Labour if they were on fire is by giving him my vote, so I won’t be doing that. I’ll never forgive him for 2017, never.

National ruled him out many times before the 2017 election so what are you complaining about. He did what they wanted.

This time Winnie has ruled out labour (it's both a campaign promise and is all over the media).

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 07:38 AM
National ruled him out many times before the 2017 election so what are you complaining about. He did what they wanted.

This time winnie has ruled out labour (it's both a campaign promise and is all over the media).

They were negotiating with him to form a government post-election, so it goes to show you just how solid ‘ruled out’ is when the chips are down. ‘Ruled out’ doesn’t mean a thing, thanks for the example. 🙂 With Winston for some it looks like ‘fool we twice, potentially fool me a third time’….Dumb & Dumber levels of stupidity.

If Chipkins has a chance to gain power via Winston then he won’t leave anything in the tank “how about we double the size of the last Provincial Growth Fund & you get to be Deputy PM and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Racing. And Shane can be Minister of Finance, as he used to be a Labour MP and a Minister in a Labour government. And I’ll darn your sock as well. All good Winnie?”

Panda-NZ-
16-09-2023, 07:41 AM
If Chipkins has a chance to gain power via Winston then he won’t leave anything in the tank “how about we double the size of the last Provincial Growth Fund & you get to be Deputy PM and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Racing. And Shane can be Minister of Finance, as he used to be a Labour MP and a Minister in a Labour government. And I’ll darn your sock as well. All good Winnie?”

As illogical as National ruling him out pre-election.

Imagine he breaks an election promise (like national did in 2008 on tax) then they would have to get both the greens and maori party on board who would have to approve all of these concessions.

Getty
16-09-2023, 07:43 AM
Well that's decided then Logen.
Looks like your strategic party vote is going to Te Pati, lol

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 07:47 AM
As illogical as National ruling him out pre-election.

Imagine he breaks an election promise (like national did in 2008) then they would have to get both the greens and maori party on board who would have to accept all of these concessions.

So you concede that both the Greens and Te Pati Maori will definitely be part of any future Labour-led government. Interesting.

The Greens and Te Pati Maori would be presented with a scenario whereby they can accept a coalition including Winston and have perhaps 15% of something, or reject it and have 100% of nothing.

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 07:49 AM
Well that's decided then Logen.
Looks like your strategic party vote is going to Te Pati, lol

Yeah, nah. Never in a million years. We only get one party vote, I won’t be playing 5 dimensional chess with myself over how to cast it.

Panda-NZ-
16-09-2023, 07:50 AM
The Greens and Te Pati Maori would be presented with a scenario whereby they can accept a coalition including Winston and have perhaps 15% of something, or reject it and have 100% of nothing.

So you think the Greens and Te pati Maori are logical actors and not filled with radicals who don't compromise.

Anyway it's a moot point because both Chris Hipkins and Winston would have to break election promises before this scenario even begins.

Getty
16-09-2023, 08:00 AM
While we are on the subject of strategy and poll influence, a caution must be taken.

Every election cycle is effectively a 6 year change in voter behaviour.

The oldies who have passed away may have had more predictable leanings and loyalties.
The new wave of 18 to 21 year olds are harder to predict.
With the demise of landlines they are harder to reach for polling.
They also have a much wider range of parties to consider.

It may be a case of as Jim Bolger said, bugger the pollsters!

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 08:07 AM
While we are on the subject of strategy and poll influence, a caution must be taken.

Every election cycle is effectively a 6 year change in voter behaviour.

The oldies who have passed away may have had more predictable leanings and loyalties.
The new wave of 18 to 21 year olds are harder to predict.
With the demise of landlines they are harder to reach for polling.
They also have a much wider range of parties to consider.

It may be a case of as Jim Bolger said, bugger the pollsters!

Hard to reach farmers too, they are out milking or fencing or calving.
They’ve never rung me either, and I’ve been sat here looking at the phone waiting for their call for the last 30 years.

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 08:08 AM
So you think the Greens and Te pati Maori are logical actors and not filled with radicals who don't compromise.

Anyway it's a moot point because both Chris Hipkins and Winston would have to break election promises before this scenario even begins.

Well you rule it out, and I’ll rule it in.
‘Fool me twice, fool me thrice(?)’

Getty
16-09-2023, 08:11 AM
Hard to reach farmers too, they are out milking or fencing or calving.
They’ve never rung me either, and I’ve been sat here looking at the phone waiting for their call for the last 30 years.

They have rang me @10 times.

If you give me your number l will pass it on.

Panda-NZ-
16-09-2023, 08:17 AM

We already know. Two ticks Act despite them never being in govt before or being able to secure a decent negotiating position.

Almost no promises delivered in 10 years.

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 08:21 AM
They have rang me @10 times.

10 separate calls for the one poll. 😂
Winston on 10% when the next poll is released. 😂

Logen Ninefingers
16-09-2023, 08:25 AM
We already know. Two ticks Act despite them never being in govt before or able to secure a decent negotiating position.

Almost no promises delivered in 10 years.

I won’t say who I’m voting for. 🤫

3 Strikes law in place thanks to ACT. A law now repealed by the ‘party for criminals’ known as Labour, as part of their ‘Crime Spree - Let’s Do This!’ agenda.

jonu
19-09-2023, 07:21 PM
Fun interview of Winston by Moana Maniopoto. Winston plays her like a fiddle but she does manage to get down to tin tacks in a good natured way. There's something lovely about Maori culture where they can give each other a hard time without it becoming personal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXpZLpL28V8

justakiwi
19-09-2023, 07:25 PM
Wise man, but have you voted in my poll? ;)

I won’t say who I’m voting for.

Logen Ninefingers
19-09-2023, 07:44 PM
Wise man, but have you voted in my poll? ;)

Yes I have. Thanks for running it!

justakiwi
19-09-2023, 07:47 PM
You're welcome. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.
Link here for anyone who hasn't already voted:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?12748-POLL-who-are-you-planning-on-voting-for/page2

Yes I have. Thanks for running it!

Azz
20-09-2023, 06:32 AM
You're welcome. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.
Link here for anyone who hasn't already voted:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?12748-POLL-who-are-you-planning-on-voting-for/page2

Maybe this helped you:

Has anyone set up a poll on this site for 'Which party will you vote for with your LIST vote?'

justakiwi
20-09-2023, 06:39 AM
Nope. I hadn’t seen your post until now. I have a feeling most people will simply give their party and electorate votes to the same party this time around. Not a lot of strategic benefit in splitting them.

Maybe this helped you:

Azz
20-09-2023, 07:32 AM
Nope. I hadn’t seen your post until now. I have a feeling most people will simply give their part and list votes to the same party this time around. Not a lot of strategic benefit in splitting them.

Party and List vote is the same thing.

justakiwi
20-09-2023, 07:59 AM
Sorry, my bad. Slip of the tongue. I meant "electorate" vote, not list.

Party and List vote is the same thing.

Azz
20-09-2023, 08:39 AM
Sorry, my bad. Slip of the tongue. I meant "electorate" vote, not list.

All good, and I agree with you not a lot of strategic benefit in splitting them this time around.

Logen Ninefingers
20-09-2023, 08:43 AM
Nope. I hadn’t seen your post until now. I have a feeling most people will simply give their party and electorate votes to the same party this time around. Not a lot of strategic benefit in splitting them.

I’ll be splitting my vote. My party vote is obviously the key one, but my electorate vote can contribute to a healthy majority for one party’s candidate & hand the party I don’t like a notable defeat.

Azz
20-09-2023, 08:55 AM
I’ll be splitting my vote. My party vote is obviously the key one, but my electorate vote can contribute to a healthy majority for one party’s candidate & hand the party I don’t like a notable defeat.

Be careful! In case you get them round the wrong way.

causecelebre
20-09-2023, 09:13 AM

Well summarised as will I. I live in a blue electorate though I voted red/green last election (i'll take the L on that one)

Jay
20-09-2023, 07:00 PM
I will be as well, live in a blue seat, but it may be upturned this time around

Panda-NZ-
22-09-2023, 03:52 AM
I think Winnie secured his 5% with his debate performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db6k68wgwHA

The Act party does have a lack of experience, David will need winston to give him an on-the-job apprenticeship.

Logen Ninefingers
22-09-2023, 06:00 AM

The Act party does have a lack of experience, David will need winston to give him an on-the-job apprenticeship.

Winston has experience of entering into coalition governments & then getting punished by the electorate at a subsequent election. He also has experience at getting people to vote for him despite his record of failure. As Seymour said, Peters is like the arsonist turning up at the fire saying “I’m here to help.”

causecelebre
22-09-2023, 07:12 AM

What a debacle. That ‘debate’ is an embarrassment to NZ. If these people are our leaders then we are more f$@ked than I thought

Panda-NZ-
22-09-2023, 07:31 AM
Winston has experience of entering into coalition governments & then getting punished by the electorate at a subsequent election. He also has experience at getting people to vote for him despite his record of failure. As Seymour said, Peters is like the arsonist turning up at the fire saying “I’m here to help.”

He doesn't need affirmative action in Epsom to still be in parliament though, he can consistently reach 5% without help.

Logen Ninefingers
22-09-2023, 07:44 AM
He doesn't need affirmative action in Epsom to still be in parliament though, he can consistently reach 5% without help.

ACT are way past 5%.
Winston First used the PGF to try to buy votes in Northland. But it didn’t work.

Logen Ninefingers
22-09-2023, 07:46 AM
What a debacle. That ‘debate’ is an embarrassment to NZ. If these people are our leaders then we are more f$@ked than I thought

You’ve got the two in the middle carrying on like performing seals, Winston grandstanding…and the moderator was probably the worst of all: shrill, kept interrupting, and couldn’t maintain order.

Panda-NZ-
22-09-2023, 07:46 AM
ACT are way past 5%.
Winston First used the PGF to try to buy votes in Northland. But it didn’t work.

They'll be out next election, unless the epsom deal re-emerges from the dead.

A record of underperformance despite the millions they get in donations every year.

Logen Ninefingers
22-09-2023, 09:32 AM
They'll be out next election, unless the epsom deal re-emerges from the dead.

A record of underperformance despite the millions they get in donations every year.

You’ve reverted to type & are not making much sense again. In reality, ACT has 10 MP’s while Winston - rejected by the populace at the last election - is trying to get back into Parliament.

Logen Ninefingers
22-09-2023, 08:18 PM
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/election-2023/peters-writes-his-own-history-on-backing-labour-in-2017

Peters writes his own history on backing Labour in 2017

‘Asked by host Rebecca Wright if people could trust him to negotiate with the party that won the biggest vote at the election, Peters said: "Excuse me, excuse me you don’t understand why we didn’t go with the majority vote in 2017 do you?"

Wright: "Will you go with it this time?"

Peters: "No you don’t understand how critical it was because I was talking to a man who in his first conversation with me says they are about to roll me."

Last month, Peters volunteered the same, unverifiable claim to Newsroom in a sit down interview.

“I’d only just walked into the room and English pulled me aside and told me that there could be a coup and he could be about to get rolled.”

Asked who was supposedly being lined up to take over, Peters said "Judith Collins."

He defended his decision to take his votes elsewhere, to a Labour Party that had attracted 37 percent of the 2017 vote to National's 45 percent, by saying: "How could I negotiate with someone who might not be there in a few weeks? Ring him up and see what he says, he won’t deny it, he can’t."

Last night Newsroom asked English and he not only denied it, he slammed it.

In a text, English said: "Deny. It's a ridiculous claim." Pressed for more, he said: "Mr Peters' claim is a fabrication."

The former National leader went a step further, suggesting Peters' claim now "indicates he could find a reason to go with Labour again after this election".’

Panda-NZ-
23-09-2023, 04:13 AM
Yeah there was no leadership intrigues in National of course - it was a stable team.

That's why you had bridges -> muller -> collins (immediately post the election) then Luxon parachuted in to save the day.

Logen Ninefingers
23-09-2023, 05:06 AM
Yeah there was no leadership intrigues in National of course - it was a stable team.

That's why you had bridges -> muller -> collins (immediately post the election) then Luxon parachuted in to save the day.

A lot of idiotic ‘thinking’ on display there from you. You are saying that a party that would have been in government would have been changing leaders on a regular basis, which makes no sense. National was effectively defeated by Winston Peters, and being in opposition is a totally different kettle of fish to being in government.
We’ve seen how Labour fared in their last stint in opposition: Goff -> Shearer -> Cunliffe -> Little -> Ardern.

Winston’s lack of integrity on display again with the false claims he has made. He would say anything to get votes.

These threads would be far better if you were intellectually honest, rather than just habitually running interference for Labour and NZ First.

Panda-NZ-
23-09-2023, 05:14 AM
A lot of idiotic ‘thinking’ on display there from you. You are saying that a party that would have been in government would have been changing leaders on a regular basis, which makes no sense. National was effectively defeated by Winston Peters, and being in opposition is a totally different kettle of fish to being in government.
We’ve seen how Labour fared in their last stint in opposition: Goff -> Shearer -> Cunliffe -> Little -> Ardern.

There were mass resignations in National though, they lost talented people like Nikki kaye and Amy adams to replace them with nobodies like uffindel and potaka. They were not united at all.

Logen Ninefingers
23-09-2023, 07:09 AM
There were mass resignations in National though, they lost talented people like Nikki kaye and Amy adams to replace them with nobodies like uffindel and potaka. They were not united at all.

None of this happened immediately after the election in 2017. Frustrating that you derail a proper discussion in this way.

Panda-NZ-
23-09-2023, 07:12 AM
None of this happened immediately after the election in 2017. Frustrating that you derail a proper discussion in this way.

No it was factional warfare within National with the liberals fighting the conservatives for the direction of the party, and the liberal faction lost.

Which is part of the reason why Act is doing well.

Logen Ninefingers
23-09-2023, 08:01 AM
No it was factional warfare within National with the liberals fighting the conservatives for the direction of the party, and the liberal faction lost.

Part of the reason why Act is doing well.

I’ve tried to discuss the denial by Bill English of claims made by Peters, and you’ve responded with a series of disingenuous posts.

23-09-2023, 08:16 AM
I’ve tried to discuss the denial by Bill English of claims made by Peters, and you’ve responded with a series of disingenuous posts.

He has reverted to old. His change was short lived.

justakiwi
24-09-2023, 09:08 AM
As was suggested - new poll for the next seven days is here:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?12751-POLL-Election-poll-3-weeks-till-election (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?12751-POLL-Election-poll-3-weeks-till-election)

nztx
26-09-2023, 03:33 PM
https://www.thepost.co.nz/a/politics/350079181/luxon-moves-deal-peters-out-post-election-game

Luxon moves to deal Peters out of the post-election game

He was also trying to warn voters that, if in a position to do so, there is no guarantee Peters will end up not propping up a Labour government, despite both him and Hipkins saying an NZ First-Labour marriage is not on the cards.

Of course it will ALWAYS boil down to "Winston First" as it always has .. no matter what has been fed
to all the boys and girls out in the hinterlands.. :)

With that, crowbars at the ready to try to extract most out of the potential target major party - be that Labour or National for a term in (or more) around the trough and not left out in the cold as happened in 2017 ..

Winston hasn't magically stopped and said it would be played out any different this time

So if opportunity arose, a few rounds of games and orchestrating a little Political Prostitution
with a bit of soul selling as seen in past shouldn't be ruled out ;)

In near future - who knows - Winston steps down and PGF Pine Tree Shane steps right up into Shane First spot .. Peters aint getting any younger, and a session on Foreign Affairs back a time saw what ? ;)

Balance
28-09-2023, 11:27 AM
Well said - takes a Maori (Winston) to tell another Maori (Willie Jackson) that the majority of NZers has had enough of the path of separatism being pursued by Labour, the Greens and Maori Party.

Notice how the ever leftist media dare not bring up the ‘racist’ tag with Winston and NZ First?

One can understand why NZF is rising in the polls.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/election-2023-nz-first-leader-winston-peters-backs-the-candidate-whose-racist-quote-was-used-by-labours-chris-hipkins-in-leaders-debate/E2HCS36HTBHBVEAJ4RYJLHUXKE/

Patrick11
28-09-2023, 02:07 PM
Looks increasingly likely national and act will need a agreement with new Zealand first after the election

Balance
28-09-2023, 04:52 PM
Looks increasingly likely national and act will need a agreement with new Zealand first after the election

NZF does not have a very strong hand going into this election to call the shots - he has already ruled out Labour & vice versa.

It will be a case of negotiating hard but in the end, ACT & NZF policies (especially pertaining to race issues) are similar. National will have to concede on race issues which will suit National voters.

Roll on October 14th.