PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Mods and Offended Posters

minimoke
02-10-2017, 11:36 AM
I have returned after a period of banishment for posting a thread that I Acknowledge had a heading that was offensive to the MODS and some Forum Posters in the “Elections” section. I shall not repeat the contents of that treads heading as it has rightfully been thrown down the memory hole onto the fires fueled by unapproved threads.

During my unposting time I have undertaken a period of re-education and have learnt that it is wrong to make a generalization against a group of people. It is even more wrong if this generalization has unpositive connotations. Doubleplus wrong and offensive! Therefore I Accept that I should not make posts that some people might find offensive.

To the Mods and those affected Forum Members I Apologise for any offense you took from the heading of my thread. I did not mean to be offensive as evidenced by the contents of my post which now lays in cinders. But that is not the point. I should never have posted that heading in the first place as I should have been much more attuned to the issues that people find offensive. I failed. I was wrong. And for that I am sorry.

By way of Atonement I have committed to undertaking a journey of self re-indoctrination. This is an ongoing process so please bear with me. I have worked on cleansing my mind of thoughts that people may find offensive, instead replacing them with thoughts that follow others ideals and interpretations. I have also been learning about what tread headings are appropriate and what are not. For example “NZ Jew Haters????” is not offensive so I’ll be making much more use of question marks.

I will find a new way of speaking my thoughts and I will think twice, neigh three times to check and recheck if there is any possibility of offense being taken before hitting the “send” button.

I thank the Mods for allowing me back on these Boards and I promise to do my best from this point on to never ever write anything that could be offensive again. I thank Forum Posters who stand on higher ground than I but who still take time to provide me with guidance on the things they find offensive. I do not yet understand how a group of people can be described as “a beaten wife” and a political group (and arguably their voters) can be described as an “abuser who has abused” cannot be offensive but I am sure with time I will figure it out. I am comforted knowing that while I have a challenge ahead of me I will be surrounded by likeminded folk who won’t make generalizations about groups of people, especially if that generalization is unpositive. I will take strength from your more enlightened posts and from the fair and equitable treatment by the Mods on people who stray from this path.

Minimoke

winner69
02-10-2017, 11:40 AM
re-indoctrination is good for you mate

Good luck

Pipi
02-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Oh minimoke, yes the world is a very unfair and pc place. Welcome back, I find you a valuable member of this forum, I'm glad you have come back.

fungus pudding
02-10-2017, 04:05 PM
You can't have been away for long.

jonu
02-10-2017, 04:55 PM
It would appear Mini, that you have been through the Michael Cheika school of media relations/apologies. Gee that might be offensive in itself!

elZorro
02-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Might I suggest you read the late great Michael King's "A History of NZ" from end to end.

minimoke
02-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Might I suggest you read the late great Michael King's "A History of NZ" from end to end.
It is a book I have already read. My preferred reference on more contemporary history is Claudia Oranges The Treaty Of Waitangi. Perhaps you would like to start a thread on NZ History and I'm sure we could have quite a discussion.

minimoke
02-10-2017, 07:18 PM
It would appear Mini, that you have been through the Michael Cheika school of media relations/apologies. Gee that might be offensive in itself!
In my now enlightened and positive mind I thank you for your kind words.

jonu
02-10-2017, 07:24 PM
In my now enlightened and positive mind I thank you for your kind words.

I'm really really curious as to what your unenlightened self would have said.

minimoke
02-10-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm really really curious as to what your unenlightened self would have said.Curiosity is a trait I no longer have as it is redundant.

Aaron
03-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Sorry I missed the thread it must have been bad if your "labour lies about personal tax" thread was allowed to remain. This was/is blatantly misleading bordering on outright lies defended only by a specious argument.

03-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Sorry I missed the thread it must have been bad if your "labour lies about personal tax" thread was allowed to remain. This was/is blatantly misleading bordering on outright lies defended only by a specious argument.

This post would be far worse than anything mm has posted.

Joshuatree
03-10-2017, 09:27 AM
I agree Aaron. Interesting, for once i agreed with Mathew hooten yesterday when he described the national party as without principles.

minimoke
03-10-2017, 09:34 AM
In my now enlightened and positive mind I thank you also for your kind words.

artemis
03-10-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

Aaron
03-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Wow, not even taking the bait anymore maybe you really have changed. I will have to check in, in about three years to see if your enlightened state remains prior to an election. Punishment from the moderator can be quite unsettling. So little power on these websites very disconcerting.

Investor
03-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Welcome back.

Baa_Baa
03-10-2017, 06:45 PM

I wasn't offended at all, didn't notice you were gone either, must've been a short break unlike my few enforced vacations.
;)

Bring back the old minimoke, this new PC version is (edited).

couta1
03-10-2017, 07:15 PM
I wasn't offended at all, didn't notice you were gone either, must've been a short break unlike my few enforced vacations.
;)

Bring back the old minimoke, this new PC version is (edited). Yeah we have too much PC crap nowdays, it's nice to get a break from it with a bit of light hearted banter. Speaking of being offended, I remember in my early days on the forum I was on the rough end of plenty of nasty stuff, found it hard to take at the time but since then have grown thicker skin, clowns will after all always be clowns.

Beagle
10-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Yeah we have too much PC crap nowdays, it's nice to get a break from it with a bit of light hearted banter. Speaking of being offended, I remember in my early days on the forum I was on the rough end of plenty of nasty stuff, found it hard to take at the time but since then have grown thicker skin, clowns will after all always be clowns.

Taylor Swift says it best mate. Shake if Off and she also says haters gunna hate which is also very true. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shake+it+off&&view=detail&mid=9B45617CBFD0D0263EF49B45617CBFD0D0263EF4&FORM=VRDGAR

I think this election has sent some people into some sort of political overdrive...as if they think their posts will change the outcome lol.

Joshuatree
19-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Everyone and their dog is spinning.
The Simple Image - Spinning Spinning Spinning (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZMc78HNZ0k)