PDA

View Full Version : A thank you from a new contributor

dubya
09-10-2017, 11:25 AM
I stumbled over this forum about 5 months or so ago, but have only just signed up.

The reason for my first post is to say a HUGE thank you to all the contributor's, especially the regular ones. This may or may not be the right place to make this post, but it will eventually slide away from the front page, and I’ve only got one chance to do it.
I'm not going to mention their user names in case I give them a head swell lol, but I've found the level and depth of knowledge they provide quite amazing. And the degree of research and extent of analysis is far far deeper than what I have experience or knowledge of. And to be prepared to share it all on such a public forum (and able to back it up with reasoned and sound opinion) leaves me very impressed.

So when it comes to DYOR, I've found I can do it almost entirely from here.
And better still I've made a bit of money too which is great, so once again thank you all so very much.

Disc: Since coming to the forum, sold GNE which had been held since IPO. Bought OCA, TGH, and RSG. In and out of MPG and back in again. Two spec buys, NTL and RBC. Done real well out of one and not so good with the other.

see weed
09-10-2017, 11:46 AM
I stumbled over this forum about 5 months or so ago, but have only just signed up.

The reason for my first post is to say a HUGE thank you to all the contributor's, especially the regular ones. This may or may not be the right place to make this post, but it will eventually slide away from the front page, and I’ve only got one chance to do it.
I'm not going to mention their user names in case I give them a head swell lol, but I've found the level and depth of knowledge they provide quite amazing. And the degree of research and extent of analysis is far far deeper than what I have experience or knowledge of. And to be prepared to share it all on such a public forum (and able to back it up the reasoned with sound opinion) leaves me very impressed.

So when it comes to DYOR, I've found I can do it almost entirely from here.
And better still I've made a bit of money too which is great, so once again thank you all so very much.

Disc: Since coming to the forum, sold GNE which had been held since IPO. Bought OCA, TGH, and RSG. In and out of MPG and back in again. Two spec buys, NTL and RBC. Done real well out of one and not so good with the other.
Welcome aboard dubya. And I would also like to say thank you to all contributor's. My portfolio has doubled in the last year or so:t_up:.

Brain
10-10-2017, 08:55 AM
I agree this is a great forum mainly due to a number of experienced and knowledgeable people making some great contributions. Thanks from me too. Share traders still have to do their own research though and take responsibility for their own decisions as sometimes some of the opinions expressed on these forums can be very wrong so newbies take note please.
The great benefit for me is that the forum alerts me to companies that are worth researching