PDA

View Full Version : NZX.com changes

hogie
30-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Does anyone else use NZX.com to keep track of their portfolio? The version of this site seems to have changed and I'm now finding it a lot more difficult than usual to manage.

e.g. Every day you used to be able to see the daily % change on the NZX and also your Portfolio total ... this gave a good indication of how well you were doing compared to the market has a whole during any one day ... that seems to be done from the front page now?

Is anyone else having these problems? What do you think of the new changes?

Sideshow Bob
30-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Don't like the website but don't use it for portfolio tracking.

Would expect many here would use sharesight and the free option is very good and sufficient for me.

Jantar
30-10-2017, 04:05 PM
You are right. It is not as easy to use and no longer displays a nice summary on nzsx page.

Thor
30-10-2017, 04:27 PM
The new announcements page is also terrible - 5 lines for every announcement, unnecessary verbosity and repetitive. It makes it impossible to scan the announcement list now. I've emailed them asking them to restore the old format.

peat
30-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Its very important to keep the website updated and fresh looking.

hogie
30-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Definitely looks "fresher" now than it used to ... but they seem to be missing a lot of the features that made the site reasonable in the first place ... I guess I need to move to some other way of tracking and viewing my portfolio grr

stoploss
30-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Check this out , if you are frustrated with the above

https://www.sharesight.com/nz/

Rossimarnz
30-10-2017, 05:01 PM
I use the free sharesight website also but also find an app called tracker to be very useful. Without trying to hijack the initial topic it would be interesting to hear what others use.

Jantar
30-10-2017, 05:05 PM
I use the My Portfolio section on the ANZ Securities site, plus run my own spreadsheet.

Snow Leopard
30-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Appears to be a triumph of style over substance.

I hope it is not an attempt to be more mobile friendly because it is positively mobile hostile!

Disappointed
Paper Tiger

PS. I use my own software for tracking my portfolios.

hogie
30-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Check this out , if you are frustrated with the above

https://www.sharesight.com/nz/

Thanks to those who suggested this ... Sharesight is amazing, and especially if you link it to Simply Wall St ! So much analysis and detail ... highly recommended.

QOH
30-10-2017, 07:48 PM
I used to find the dividends due info useful on NZX, now it appears you can only find them for next seven days.
Why do people always try to fix things that were fine the way they were.

value_investor
30-10-2017, 10:47 PM
Used sharesight for about 6 months now and haven't looked back! The app is also very nifty for on the go use. Like that you can write notes as well (even though I like the comment function better on excel)

Snow Leopard
30-10-2017, 10:57 PM
I used to find the dividends due info useful on NZX, now it appears you can only find them for next seven days.
Why do people always try to fix things that were fine the way they were.

They actually still give you all declared dividends [e.g. HLG ex-div: 8-Dec].

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

gbogo
30-10-2017, 11:11 PM
agree about NZX.co.nz makeover being awful. I only use it to see delayed bid/offer. Used to use the portfolio but it is too simplistic. And they have removed the useful company info. no idea what they were thinking. even the new font is awful. I also switched to Sharesight. It is better than any broker-specific site i have seen in that it correctly accounts for historical trades (buys and total or partial sells, so there is reduced or no open position). Website is good - and security appropriately weak so i don't have to keep logging in. and app is getting better too.

QOH
31-10-2017, 07:34 AM
They actually still give you all declared dividends [e.g. HLG ex-div: 8-Dec].

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger
Thanks PT found them again, but so much harder to follow now. It was great before, when you could see all upcoming dividends at a glance, no scrolling needed and was easy to follow.
I just don't understand why anyone would think is an improvement.

thestg
31-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Does anyone else use NZX.com to keep track of their portfolio? The version of this site seems to have changed and I'm now finding it a lot more difficult than usual to manage.

e.g. Every day you used to be able to see the daily % change on the NZX and also your Portfolio total ... this gave a good indication of how well you were doing compared to the market has a whole during any one day ... that seems to be done from the front page now?

Is anyone else having these problems? What do you think of the new changes?

I use https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX as a web query in Excel to Auto-update my spreadsheet.
It suddenly stopped updating correctly yesterday & it took me a while to figure out that the Code had an extra space at the end which stopped my lookup table from Working, so had to do change my code to make it work correctly again.

31-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Thanks PT found them again, but so much harder to follow now. It was great before, when you could see all upcoming dividends at a glance, no scrolling needed and was easy to follow.
I just don't understand why anyone would think is an improvement.

I think all the upcoming dividends are showing, it is that there is not so many at the moment.

I actually think the site is an improvement. You can at least see and sort the capitalisation of the NZ main board which you could not do before.

waikare
01-11-2017, 09:05 AM
I prefer the old NZX site, but what I would like to see the NZX50 index displayed, I couldn't find it before, and I can't see it now, or am I looking in the wrong place.

steveb
01-11-2017, 09:18 AM
I prefer the old NZX site, but what I would like to see the NZX50 index displayed, I couldn't find it before, and I can't see it now, or am I looking in the wrong place.

Here you go:-
https://www.nzx.com/markets/indices

sb9
01-11-2017, 09:20 AM
What I don't like with the new site is the Company Announcements section. The old site used to display the ticker code first, then company name and then related announcement.

The new one just displays company name and announcement, which sometimes can lead to missing out on key information if you're used to recognising the company by ticker code.

Ggcc
01-11-2017, 09:26 AM
What I don't like with the new site is the Company Announcements section. The old site used to display the ticker code first, then company name and then related announcement.

The new one just displays company name and announcement, which sometimes can lead to missing out on key information if you're used to recognising the company by ticker code.

It really gives these IT guys a job to change the websites from time to time. Same with Internet Banking sites, they seem to get more and more complicated trying to reinvent the wheel.

waikare
01-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Here you go:-
https://www.nzx.com/markets/indices

Thanks Steveb, must have been looking in the wrong place.
Cheers

sb9
01-11-2017, 09:35 AM
It really gives these IT guys a job to change the websites from time to time. Same with Internet Banking sites, they seem to get more and more complicated trying to reinvent the wheel.

So very true, companies seem to spend up big on IT improvements without properly understanding the basic facts of the project. Similar thing happened with Akl Council, Kiwibank recently to name a few.

Puriri Pete
01-11-2017, 11:35 AM

I agree with your comment. It's beyond belief that the ticker code has disappeared from announcements as their purpose is to simplify recognition of each unique
security listing. Also annoying is that it's no longer possible to sort price sensitive announcements. I'm very surprised that these changes have made it through NZX management evaluation.

Absolute144
01-11-2017, 03:59 PM
I agree, the new sites an absolute ****ter. Lack of information, many mouse clicks req'd to get key info. I think thats the intention.