PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo CSV API blocked

JonJeffrey
04-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Hi all,

On 2nd Nov Yahoo blocked access to CSV API ... so will now subscribe to EOD data from a provider.
I'm quoted $50/month from Findata .... any other recommendations from the group ?

Regards Jon

kiora
04-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Hi all,

On 2nd Nov Yahoo blocked access to CSV API ... so will now subscribe to EOD data from a provider.
I'm quoted $50/month from Findata .... any other recommendations from the group ?

Regards Jon

Doesn't it??? My CSV portfolio download from finance.yahoo.com/portfolio still works

bull....
05-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Hi all,

Regards Jon

they just changed again have been doing it a number of times this year , i still can get it though with a few tweeks and work arounds if i need too. i only really used it for nz data as paying for the nzx data here was just outright crazy prices for such a small amount of data.

hate to think your paying $50 for nzx data that sounds outragous what are you buying ? better to source data from overseas way cheaper if you want to pay.

JonJeffrey
06-11-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm in Australia & I get whole ASX end of day data & intraday without cost .... but need NZ EOD as well .... & yes ... its not much data ... was hopeful some of the fourm folk would direct me to an alternative supplier ...

bull....
06-11-2017, 04:50 PM
if you cant use yahoo or google nzx data which is free try reuters datalink cost about 20 - 30 us/ mth of the top my head for asia pacific data ( includes all exchanges in the region nzx, aust etc ....

have to remember if its free its usually crappy data have to pay for quality data

Snow Leopard
06-11-2017, 05:47 PM
I thought that Findata did NZX EOD for $19.95 per month, and if this is still true then it is the cheapest source that I am aware of.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

JonJeffrey
06-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the replies :-) appreciated. Will contact Findata in the morning

WayOverTheHill
06-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the replies :-) appreciated. Will contact Findata in the morning

If it helps, I use this & its still working for Yahoo.

http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2017/07/05/amiquote-3-20-released/

arc
07-11-2017, 09:23 AM
I'm in Australia & I get whole ASX end of day data & intraday without cost .... but need NZ EOD as well .... & yes ... its not much data ... was hopeful some of the fourm folk would direct me to an alternative supplier ...

Do you have access to a Webpage Reader+Extractor. It allows you to "point" ( url list) to a page (multiple pages) and "read + extract" the actual data (html tags and codes with embedded text and numeric values etc) creating the page. With a bit of additional coding you can filter out only the text and numerics that you require leaving all the other nonessential stuff behind. Effectively you create and tune your own web scraper/harvester.

bull....
07-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Do you have access to a Webpage Reader+Extractor. It allows you to "point" ( url list) to a page (multiple pages) and "read + extract" the actual data (html tags and codes with embedded text and numeric values etc) creating the page. With a bit of additional coding you can filter out only the text and numerics that you require leaving all the other nonessential stuff behind. Effectively you create and tune your own web scraper/harvester.

this the way to go add some python code to do it , you can even build your own intraday charts if you scrape often enough and dont get caught lol.

potsiea
16-04-2020, 03:33 PM
If it helps, I use this & its still working for Yahoo.

http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2017/07/05/amiquote-3-20-released/

Do you still use this to chart NZX securities? If so, do have any more detail on the best source and setup for Amiquote that you would be prepared to PM?

Thanks

Entrep
16-04-2020, 04:30 PM
I can post the formula for a quick google sheets method to grab the price from the NZX, if of interest.

potsiea
16-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Yes please - can you pull historical data with it, or just the last day?