PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 5PM - why is the selling so much lower prices?

rayonline
30-11-2017, 04:55 PM
This is the first time I aware of this. End of trading why is there such as difference in the figures. Eg. ASB Securities under Depth. AirNZ Buy/sell 3.59/2.88.

Would it just get updated by tomorrow as the other orders come in ....

Cheers.

blackcap
30-11-2017, 05:14 PM
This is the first time I aware of this. End of trading why is there such as difference in the figures. Eg. ASB Securities under Depth. AirNZ Buy/sell 3.59/2.88.

Would it just get updated by tomorrow as the other orders come in ....

Cheers.

What is the question you are actually asking?

Snow Leopard
30-11-2017, 05:20 PM
https://www.nzx.com/investing/nzx-trading-hours

welcome to the pre-close which ends with the close.

rayonline
30-11-2017, 06:45 PM
It looks like the figures are OK now.

Just before 5PM today with AirNZ the Depth screen showed quite different figures like 3.59/2.88 for the buy/sell. I was just wondering why that was.

Snow Leopard
30-11-2017, 06:49 PM
https://www.nzx.com/investing/nzx-trading-hours

welcome to the pre-close which ends with the close.

You can lead a horse to water, but...

30-11-2017, 07:09 PM

Just before 5PM today with AirNZ the Depth screen showed quite different figures like 3.59/2.88 for the buy/sell. I was just wondering why that was.

Happens everyday, both pre open and pre close with all stocks. Observe and it will become clear to you.

dragonz
06-02-2018, 02:54 PM

Hi Rayonline

Its just queue jumping at the end of trading so a buyer or seller closes or opens a position regardless. You will also see this around opening with highly traded stocks on the ASX. I think a computer matches them up so they generally buy/sell for market. I hope this makes sense. Properly someone can explain it better